New Legendary Hero: Eirika

Poimagic

Hey hey! The other twin pulls into the legendary station. With gorgeous art. Would not mind a copy of her at all! Although it will probably be incidental, since this banner doesn't interest me too much all things considered. Would like a Summer Tana and of course Eirika, but that's about it.

Still. Dat art. Is it me or does Eirika have some of the best special activation art in the entire game?

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how they used different wording with Eirika for no reason when its literally fucking Luna like cmon now

Had she was an infantry oh boy

Steady Breath, Killer Weapon, Lunar Brace build would have been fun but alas

Another Eirika. Underwhelming choice. I like Eirika fine and sure, this keeps things consistent but it really just seems like they shrugged their shoulders for this month and decided "meh, let's go with Eirika for the hero this month." On top of that, her skillset goes against her character to the point that she's literally red Ephraim like @Vaximillian said. And let's face it, ATK/SPD Solo is literally just there for the whales. It has no business on her.

As far as she goes as a unit, she's probably decent. Lunar Brace allows for some potentially nasty stuff but without sustain she won't really be able to do with Ephraim does unless she runs something like Noontime as her special. In practice I don't see her being able to take on armies like her brother, but then again, that's not her character. Meh. 

As for the banner...

Red: Eirika is ok, another water hero is cool, but really I can do without her just fine. Tana would be a must have, but I just pulled a +ATK H!Nowi and Aversa just fell into our laps which makes her a novelty at this point, cool to have but not remotely priority. Olivia is a flying dancer which I don't have! But she's a red one which takes her down... I've come into possession of a lot of really good red units recently with the crescendo being the Lon'Qu I just finished building. I'm really not looking for anything much more than Chrom merges so I'm honestly not sure if it's worth pulling red even.

Blue: NINIAN. My GOD I wanted her so bad on her banner.... I'd really like to pull for her but I don't need another Ephraim (Sturdy Stance? Meh) and I really, really don't want Sumia. Dangerous color. Probably shouldn't pull.

Green: The only safe color. I really want LA!Lyn, I still don't have M!Grima so that would be awesome and my B!Sanaki is +SPD/-ATK so she could use a better nature and if it's not worth it, Odin would love DEF/RES link to go with his eventual Close Counter build. Must pull.

Colorless: I pulled 3 Innes and they've all been -SPD or -ATK. I don't care for another one even with a better nature. It'd be nice, but it's not worth my orbs. Already have a good Grima as well. Genny is the sole reason to pull as fodder my Serra desperately needs, but considering I'm already pulling for another colorless unit on another banner... my orbs are better spent on colorless there.

I'll probably just pull green and either red or blue. This banner isn't really worth it for me. The more powerful units I pull the less value banners like this have for me. Sorry but a 1 in 3 chance of the unit I want with a limited stock doesn't cut it.

9 minutes ago, Eilanzer said:

Is L. Ephraim decent enough to go for it in this banner?!

If your blue cavalry is severely lacking, I don't see why not.  But I don't think he should be the sole reason why you pull on this banner.

So many pegs... Well. I'm disappointed. Was hoping for pegasusSword!Hrid. Flying Olivia gives good fodder and I don't have her yet, but I only have so many orbs and I'm not really interested in summoning Erika. She's okay, but... Well, priorities, and disappointment is turning me off from summoning her. On the other hand, at least I don't have any of the colorless heroes, and I still want that F!Grima. So, guess I'll try for that before she gets scarcer. I hope I can finally summon her... I'd also go for Ephraim if I had extra orbs, but I only have just barely over 100 right now.

24 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Fjorm and Gunthra's brother

1000?cb=20180915023432

Man, he even totally looks the part of a legendary guy. That big cape and armor, and his seeming beefyness to go with it. I didn't even realize how damn powerful and legendary he honestly looks until now. Still wish IS would make him playable soon...

5 minutes ago, eclipse said:

If your blue cavalry is severely lacking, I don't see why not.  But I don't think he should be the sole reason why you pull on this banner.

im in need of a blue legendary, but i don´t know if the Sumia and B.Ninian in the same color will worth the trouble....If they at least are good for fodder?!...

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner he would work as third slot in my team, like a cordelia but giving leg. buffs. Im almost burning my orbs for him =.="

Edited by Eilanzer

1 minute ago, Eilanzer said:

im in need of a blue legendary, but i don´t know if the Sumia and B.Ninian in the same color will worth the trouble....If they at least are good for fodder?!...

Sumia's lance can be passed on to a defensive unit.  She also has her B skill, which is. . .interesting, but I like her lance better.

Ninian's a flying dancer, which has gotten me out of some interesting situations.  Flying means that she can add a bit more utility to herself via the Guidance seal.  Her weapon gives her a free Hone Spd, leaving her C/S slots free for other things.  Or you can give her weapon to another utility unit (I think it's inheritable).

Your call, really.

10 minutes ago, Eilanzer said:

B Ninian is always good simply because shes a Dancer, and she comes pre packaged with no less than 2 Speed buff. Shes actually really good as a whole

37 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Lately, people seem to be requesting Hrid and red bow Alm as legendaries more than anymore swords. Though in Hrid's case, it's because he's that cool new OC on the good guys' side, since he is a sword wielder. So I think red bow Alm was slightly more requested. And really, a lot of people don't want many more swords in general. So that looked to me like Eirika's popularity was dropping.

"Lately" = after heros are planned out. Did you forget that banners are planned at least 5 to 6 months in advance? You are also only looking at the voices of a VERY small portion of the Feh player base.

Eirika is a very popular lord. She only lost against Fanservice Camilla by 663 votes in CLY2. Her popularity increased by 60% since CYL1 which means a lot of casuals like her. By contrast, Camilla's popularity only increased by 10% by comparison.

Nino's popularity within social media greatly increased thanks to memes but only yielded 7698 votes. Yet Eika gained 11080 votes with NO propaganda/memes at all. This is even AFTER the ALT saltiness from the vocal minority.

The moment Ephraim was released with Solar Brace, Eirika was destined to come with Lunar Brace relatively soon. I am surprised she wasn't released earlier. Sadly, I got baited by Gauntlet banner despite knowing that she was coming this month.

6 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

B Ninian is always good simply because shes a Dancer, and she comes pre packaged with no less than 2 Speed buff. Shes actually really good as a whole

and dancers are awesome. 
If Sumia was Shiro... that would have been much more awesome.

Painful to say, but looks like I will be walking away from the Halloween banner without either Mia or Myrrh.  This banner is too good to pass on, and unlike Halloween I won't get a bunch of pity breakers meaning hundreds of orbs without a single focus and....nvm let me calm down.  

Anyways I have zero reds and want all three, I pulled for Summer Tana and didn't get her (nor any other focus unit).  I did not pull for Flylivia but a flying sword dancer with PRF weapon, yes please!  Finally I like Eirika character though disappointed it isn't Seliph or Hrid, still she looks great.  Kind of peeved about Atk/Spd solo pretty much makes every player phase skill A skill obsolete except Death blow 4 on certain units.  

I have zero greens as well.  While I am against Bride Sanaki's design, green flying mage is a good unit so I wouldn't mind having her.  Really want M Grima to go on my armor dragon team and then finally we have legendary Lyn who I have wanted since she was released!

Blue I have Bride Ninian, don't care much about Sumia, Ephraim would be cool but 1/3 odds not worth it.  Have all the colorless units.

So reds and greens.  Hopefully it is like Christmas, definitely wasn't with the Halloween banner...I was tricked! 

Oh yeah and Eirika is plenty loved and popular.  She also is one of the main heroes of FE8, just as important and notable as Ephraim.  She is brave, kind hearted, understanding and shows great growth in her journey.  Let's not let disappointment in it not being Hrid or Seliph or whatever other character one wanted mean bashing a wonderful person like Eirika.

No strong feelings one way or another about it being Eirika, but I'm glad she's a cavalry unit. I would be totally fine with cavalry sword Hrid too, but after Marth was added, the legendary sword infantry bucket is full.

As for the banner, between my reduced orb income from playing less, and freely frittering away the ones I do have because there's no point saving if I might quit at any moment, I have maybe one or two pulls on the banner total. That's unfortunate, because as I was looking through the units on the closing image in the trailer, I was happy to see all the units weren't desirable to me at all ...until I saw the consecutive red fliers. They're possibly my two most wanted units in the game. Oh well, it would have stung a lot more if I was still active so that's some small comfort I guess?

4 minutes ago, Clogon said:

"Lately" = after heros are planned out. Did you forget that banners are planned at least 5 to 6 months in advance? You are also only looking at the voices of a VERY small portion of the Feh player base.

Eirika is a very popular lord. She only lost against Fanservice Camilla by 663 votes in CLY2. Her popularity increased by 60% since CYL1 which means a lot of casuals like her. By contrast, Camilla's popularity only increased by 10% by comparison.

Nino's popularity within social media greatly increased thanks to memes but only yielded 7698 votes. Yet Eika gained 11080 votes with NO propaganda/memes at all. This is even AFTER the ALT saltiness from the vocal minority.

The moment Ephraim was released with Solar Brace, Eirika was destined to come with Lunar Brace relatively soon. I am surprised she wasn't released earlier. Sadly, I got baited by Gauntlet banner despite knowing that she was coming this month.

Alm was very popular in CYL2 as well and even almost made the top two guys. And he has more of a claim to legendary status lorewise too due to being the literal second hero king. Hrid didn't get a chance in a CYL because he didn't even exist yet. So for all we know, in another CYL poll, he could place high as well. And I'd expect him to, honestly, given how well several of the other OCs placed.

I'm never going to understand Eirika's popularity though.

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Painful to say, but looks like I will be walking away from the Halloween banner without either Mia or Myrrh.  This banner is too good to pass on, and unlike Halloween I won't get a bunch of pity breakers meaning hundreds of orbs without a single focus and....nvm let me calm down.  

Anyways I have zero reds and want all three, I pulled for Summer Tana and didn't get her (nor any other focus unit).  I did not pull for Flylivia but a flying sword dancer with PRF weapon, yes please!  Finally I like Eirika character though disappointed it isn't Seliph or Hrid, still she looks great.  Kind of peeved about Atk/Spd solo pretty much makes every player phase skill A skill obsolete except Death blow 4 on certain units.  

I have zero greens as well.  While I am against Bride Sanaki's design, green flying mage is a good unit so I wouldn't mind having her.  Really want M Grima to go on my armor dragon team and then finally we have legendary Lyn who I have wanted since she was released!

Blue I have Bride Ninian, don't care much about Sumia, Ephraim would be cool but 1/3 odds not worth it.  Have all the colorless units.

So reds and greens.  Hopefully it is like Christmas, definitely wasn't with the Halloween banner...I was tricked! 

Oh yeah and Eirika is plenty loved and popular.  She also is one of the main heroes of FE8, just as important and notable as Ephraim.  She is brave, kind hearted, understanding and shows great growth in her journey.  Let's not let disappointment in it not being Hrid or Seliph or whatever other character one wanted mean bashing a wonderful person like Eirika.

I'd bash anyone if it means my waifu Seliph isnt getting Alt

tbh you can say that for most character who get bashed because of their popularity

19 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I love how they used different wording with Eirika for no reason when its literally fucking Luna like cmon now

Had she was an infantry oh boy

Steady Breath, Killer Weapon, Lunar Brace build would have been fun but alas

Infantry over cavalry? nani  ? 

I still understand people who prefers armors over cavalry, but infantry over cavalry? 

1 minute ago, Lewyn said:

you know i wanted Ninian :(
But i think i have to Focus on Red/Green too. 
i guess my only bright spot is that maybe Bride Ninian comes back one day. Sumia makes it stupid hard. 

Terrible cast overall, no joking.

Almost the half is fliers including three flying dancers. That's what I call variety!

I didn't expect and want to see Eirika, rather expected BowAlm or Hrid. Also she shares appearence in this banner with her brother which is an also absolute innovative choice.

I have none of the greens yet but the rest it totally underwhelming.

One full circle, that's it!

5 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

lol great growth. Around the beginning of the game she falls for a trap that Seth has to rescue her ass from, later on she gets easily tricked by Colm and her bracelet stolen, and later in the game she's even more naive and dumb and gives a Sacred Stone to the main villain. Yeah, she learned SO much.

Sorry, but I can't see any character growth here. She may be kind or whatever, but that doesn't make her a good character. All she did for me was make me facepalm the whole time.

But hey, to each their own, after all.

I guess I'm pulling blue for my free pull, if I get a blue.

Edited by Anacybele

11 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Infantry over cavalry? nani  ? 

I still understand people who prefers armors over cavalry, but infantry over cavalry? 

More or less entirely because of SB

Im a cavalry trash myself

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

lol great growth. Around the beginning of the game she falls for a trap that Seth has to rescue her ass from, later on she gets easily tricked by Colm and her bracelet stolen, and later in the game she's even more naive and dumb and gives a Sacred Stone to the main villain. Yeah, she learned SO much.

Sorry, but I can't see any character growth here. She may be kind or whatever, but that doesn't make her a good character. All she did for me was make me facepalm the whole time.

You'll understand when you're older (hopefully).  While Eir isn't my favorite character, I can step back and appreciate her for what she is, which is a nice contrast to Ephraim.

Honestly, the thing that infuriated me on Eir's route is how Lyon was handled.