New Legendary Hero: Eirika

Poimagic

I’m pretty shocked and bummed it wasn’t Hrid, as much as I like Eirika. All of the OCs deserve a chance at the limelight.

Aside from that, man is this banner dope. Every color has something desirable or at least new for me.

Red has Eirika, who I do want. Summer Tana is someone who held out on me on her original banner, in which I had some of my worst luck ever.  So hopefully I can snag her this time. I already have flying Olivia with good enough IVs so I don’t really need her now, but I guess Chill Speed could be handy.

Blue contains the best girl, ie Sumia. That alone makes me want to summon for blue. Ephraim and Ninian both have bad IVs so I wouldn’t be bummed about getting them either.

Green has Lyn who I desperately want with good IVs. Male Grima is welcome enough for vengeful fighter. I never got bride Sanaki, and she’s not someone who I particularly want anyways, but I could make use of that 

Colorless is probably the weakest for me, but even then it’s not bad in my case. I’m pretty fatigued from female Grima but I still don’t have her with good IVs, same with Innes. I could really use Wrathful Staff too.

Overall a big crapshoot for me. I think I’ll go for all colors aside from colorless, but I also want that Halloween Myrrh. I’ll keep going for her until I get her or ultimately pitybroken, in which I’ll give up on the Halloween banner and go for this.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Alm was very popular in CYL2 as well and even almost made the top two guys. And he has more of a claim to legendary status lorewise too due to being the literal second hero king. Hrid didn't get a chance in a CYL because he didn't even exist yet. So for all we know, in another CYL poll, he could place high as well. And I'd expect him to, honestly, given how well several of the other OCs placed.

You keep forgetting that banners are planned MONTHS in advance. The moment Ephraim was announced, Eirika was bound to follow within 6 months.

Hrid's popularity is VERY recent. He didnt't even exist or get mentionned until a few months ago. Will he get a legendary hero version? Maybe. Who knows. Alm just like Marth will eventually get a legendary hero ALT. The question is when. His popularity growth was strictly due to the release of his remake.

Dispite how you feel about Eirika, the stats show how much she gained in popularity with no advertisements even against the reddit/twitter/social media hate she got from vocal minorities due to her alt being released at the same time as CLY2. 

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

lol great growth. Around the beginning of the game she falls for a trap that Seth has to rescue her ass from, later on she gets easily tricked by Colm and her bracelet stolen, and later in the game she's even more naive and dumb and gives a Sacred Stone to the main villain. Yeah, she learned SO much.

You talk as if you know what it is like to hope for the best in people and be betrayed by someone you grew up with and trusted since childhood. I understand from your posts how cynical you are and have trouble trusting in anyone. 

Definitely wasn't expecting Eirika to be the legendary this month since I was totally expecting Alm, Celica, or F!Corrin. Never understood why people were expecting Hrid since there was never anything that suggested such. I'm fine with this though, I like Eirika, her legendary art is beautiful here and she was bound to get a legendary alt sooner or later since her brother got one. Still kind of disappointing seeing all the red legendary being swords though. I am still wanting on who is going to be the first red bow unit. Also, since Eirika got a legendary alt despite getting a normal alt earlier this year that means it is quite possible Chrom could still get a legendary alt as well.

As for the banner itself red and blue is looking good for me this time. Red for Legendary Eirika and blue for Sumia who I don't have yet. Though I might just take my free summon and bail out since I still want to Owain and Kliff and brave redux.

Ah, now I see what people are getting at with the two characters per continent thing. Eirika's pretty cool, especially being the inverse of Legendary Ephraim (yet still having more delicious powercreep in terms of skills. Lol, doesn't legendary Ephraim have Fortify Def? What a poor bastard). 

Holy WOW is this a good banner for me to have 400 orbs saved up for. I am missing ALL of the red and green units, plus two blues and no reason to pick grey. Can't wait to splurge.

PS: Yes it is still inexcusable that we haven't gotten a second grey legendary hero. That will be remedied next month eh?

Edited by Glennstavos

2 minutes ago, Clogon said:

You talk as if you know what it is like to hope for the best in people and be betrayed by someone you grew up with and trusted since childhood. I understand from your posts how cynical you are and have trouble trusting in anyone. 

I do know what it's like, actually. No, I wasn't betrayed by a childhood friend. But I might as well have been. You're right, I have a lot of trouble trusting people, no matter how much I may want to trust them. But it isn't my fault I grew up being used and bullied in school, just abandoned by pretty much anyone I thought was my friend. And I've learned now not to be so dumb and naive with people. So that's why I dislike Eirika, because I feel she, like me, should've been able to learn from her mistakes, and yet she didn't. And arguably, she made a dumber one than I ever did by giving Lyon that Sacred Stone.

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

lol great growth. Around the beginning of the game she falls for a trap that Seth has to rescue her ass from, later on she gets easily tricked by Colm and her bracelet stolen, and later in the game she's even more naive and dumb and gives a Sacred Stone to the main villain. Yeah, she learned SO much.

Sorry, but I can't see any character growth here. She may be kind or whatever, but that doesn't make her a good character. All she did for me was make me facepalm the whole time.

But hey, to each their own, after all.

I guess I'm pulling blue for my free pull, if I get a blue.

Well I never played this game. (please make it an Echoes, IntSys thank you), but this reminds me of Sailor Moon. she at first is very weak and always needs to be saved and made very questionable decisions that could have and almost did end the world yet Sailor Moon is beloved and it's the motivations behind the reasons she made those decisions that makes her beloved. Not the fact that she made the dumb decision. 

Like I said. didn't play the game at all, and I like Erikia because of this game. so I hope i get lucky. 
i know you are disappointed but there's nothing in this banner you'd like, even for fodder? there has to be a sunshine ray somewhere, right?

2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

NY!Azura's not here so unless I'm blind, there's only 2 Flying Dancers

2 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

There are only 2 dancers on this banner:  Fly!Olivia and B!Ninian.  B!Sanaki, S!Tana, Sumia and F!Grima are not dancers.

Whoops... I thought Sanaki was a dancer too.

Rip my previous post.

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

i know you are disappointed but there's nothing in this banner you'd like, even for fodder? there has to be a sunshine ray somewhere, right?

Nope. Anyone I would've wanted, I already have. I do need a flying dancer, but I have no interest in Olivia or Ninian. I wanted NY Azura, but 300 orbs didn't get me her. So I'm waiting until her next appearance at New Years.

Oh man are they shooting their load early with the seasonals here. Was really hoping they'd wait with Tana and Ninian until the next LG banner, when I want to try for Ryouma and Lucina. Now the "best" case scenario is that they are including S!Tiki and S!Cordelia on the next one. I already have Tiki with good IVs and although my Cordelia is -Atk, I don't use her enough to care about that. The other scenario is them just putting on some 5* duds from the normal pool. Probably all characters I have or don't want. It's as if they are trying to spite me personally. Now I'll hope against hope there'll be F!Celica and Laegjarn on it for red, and F!Morgan and Linde on the other. Doubt it though.

Anyway, I am pretty much neutral on Eirika, so there's no pressing need to pull. As for how I'll choose my freepull:

Red: Don't have Summer Tana, and still want her, my Flylivia's IVs aren't too good, Eirika looks neat. 

Blue: Don't care too much for Sumia, since I already have Tana and Hinoka as Lance Fliers, still sort of want Ephraim and Ninian is the only flying dancer I lack (and I still don't have a blue tome flier).

Green: Don't really need Lyn for herself, but Spd tactic would be great. Already have Sanaki, but I think her IVs aren't too good. M!Grima is very tempting.

Colourless: I have more than enough F!Grimas, Innes I still kind of want, but not that much anymore, Genny is sweet, but I have enough healers with razzle dazzle already.

Looks like my priorities are: Red->Green->Blue->Colourless.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Nope. Anyone I would've wanted, I already have. I do need a flying dancer, but I have no interest in Olivia or Ninian. I wanted NY Azura, but 300 orbs didn't get me her. So I'm waiting until her next appearance at New Years.

NY Azura is my mission too. :) 
We can commiserate together then.

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sorry, but I can't see any character growth here. She may be kind or whatever, but that doesn't make her a good character. All she did for me was make me facepalm the whole time.

Ugh...Please just leave it at that. Yes, you don't like Eirika and you've made your point extremely clear but don't go bashing a character people like.

At the start she couldn't do anything because the fall of Renais happened in like what, a few hours? Not to mention it was an ambush so no one was ready for it. Of course she couldn't do anything! Like what'd you expect her to do? Go and try to recklessly fight with a huge chance of getting herself killed for nothing? The Colm thing is a cliche that has happened in so many other FE games I won't even bother explaining it.

You may not see it but Eirika went through quite some growth during SS, she started as basically a sheltered princess that had to face the harsh reality of the world she lived in during a pretty short period of time, not to mention how everything she believed in just crashed before her eyes (the dead of her father, hearing that her best friend was the one responsible for it which would obviously put her in denial considering who he was), etc, etc. And despite all of that she went and faced all of those things with determination and only had a single error of judgement which is understandable because she still wanted to believe that her former best friend could be brought back (only in Ephraim's route you learn that it is impossible for Lyon to go back to how he was, in Eirika's route you don't learn any of that stuff). It's not logical, it wasn't smart but it made sense because it was an emotional choice. 

29 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Kind of peeved about Atk/Spd solo pretty much makes every player phase skill A skill obsolete except Death blow 4 on certain units.  

I wouldn't say every player phase A skill. Atk/Spd solo requires leaving your unit alone which can be very dangerous and cavalry/fliers benefit the most because of their mobility. Fury is great for desperation builds and adding onto your defenses, Life and Death offers similar offense power while allowing flexibilty, and Brazens are Brazens.

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

This isn't the thread to discuss this so I'll be brief. Seth grabs Eirika and runs off which ends up with them running into Valter, Colm is an experienced thief and didn't trick Eirika(pickpockets are great at stealing something before you realized), and Eirika was desperate to get Lyon back. <- Eirika's blind hope costs her and her mistake later fuels her resolve. The only two times Eirika is actually tricked involves the people she loves and this is because of her caring nature.

Edit: Damn, I type really slow. @Anacybele You can ignore me, you're free to dislike a character and there's already a bunch of people on your case T_T

@Eilanzer  Gotta live Reddit for the memes and shit posts

Edited by ChickenBits

Man, it seriously sucks that every time there's an announcement like this, there's the inevitable ranting from the people who hate the character. I'm not saying people are not entitled to opinions, but I really wish the negativity could be knocked down a peg. I dread what the inevitable Legendary Micaiah thread will be like.

That being said, Eirika looks pretty cool. Great artwork, and tons of great units in the banner. Not sure how much I will pull though. I have around 80 orbs, so I'll probably just go for everything until I pull a 5* (I'm missing on L!Eirika, S!Tana, L!Ephraim, Sumia, B!Ninian, M!Grima, B!Sanaki and F!Grima).

3 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Ugh...Please just leave it at that. Yes, you don't like Eirika and you've made your point extremely clear but don't go bashing a character people like.

At the start she couldn't do anything because the fall of Renais happened in like what, a few hours? Not to mention it was an ambush so no one was ready for it. Of course she couldn't do anything! Like what'd you expect her to do? Go and try to recklessly fight with a huge chance of getting herself killed for nothing? The Colm thing is a cliche that has happened in so many other FE games I won't even bother explaining it.

You may not see it but Eirika went through quite some growth during SS, she started as basically a sheltered princess that had to face the harsh reality of the world she lived in during a pretty short period of time, not to mention how everything she believed in just crashed before her eyes (the dead of her father, hearing that her best friend was the one responsible for it which would obviously put her in denial considering who he was), etc, etc. And despite all of that she went and faced all of those things with determination and only had a single error of judgement which is understandable because she still wanted to believe that her former best friend could be brought back (only in Ephraim's route you learn that it is impossible for Lyon to go back to how he was, in Eirika's route you don't learn any of that stuff). It's not logical, it wasn't smart but it made sense because it was an emotional choice. 

I wasn't talking about the ambush at the very start of the game, I'm talking about later on where Seth pulls Eirika out of some prison or something (can't remember exactly what kind of building it was) and it's only because of Seth that Eirika doesn't get herself killed there. Seth practically has to baby her.

And whether the rest of what you say is true or not, I don't understand how it makes what I said any less true.

You're free to like Eirika, I won't try to force you not to, I'm just explaining my view and why I don't think she's a good character. You're free to your opinion, I'm free to mine.

But as pointed out above, this isn't really the place to discuss Sacred Stones writing.

I, personally, really like this Eirika, but she is one of my favorite lords. I have no comments on whether someone else "deserves" the legendary spot because I feel like it reeks of entitlement, but I do hope we get some good colorless options in the future (staff!Micaiah when? lol). However, I likely won't summon past the free summon because of lack of orbs. Gotta work on my og! Eirika merges anyhow. 

1 hour ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Legendary Ephraim is Fire/Defense, with Solar Brace when Legendary Water/Attack with Lunar Brace.

This is it, gimme more of that twins duality motif now that's my drug 

Yep, love it!

It's a bummer that we have yet another sword Hero and all three Eirika variants are Red, but on the other hand...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Her arts and voice are so amazing and soft (I was just thinking about Kira's performances lately, which is weird)! Her epithet fits her so well! She has Atk/Spd Solo and Lunar Brace!!

I'm surprised that her weapon also requires a loner playstyle (some sort of Loner Blade instead of Heavy Blade), but she has the skills to back it up and Def Wave to protect herself. Lunar Brace got a nerf I wasn't expecting, but it makes sense.

I have 800 Orbs right now. Hopefully I can get her with those...getting good IVs would just be a farfetched dream at this point.

(P.S. I was also dreading this for fear of what it'd do to her CYL 3 chances. Camilla almost won last year despite having 3 variants, so I can only hope enough "old school fans" stick with her come January...)

2 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

(P.S. I was also dreading this for fear of what it'd do to her CYL 3 chances. Camilla almost won last year despite having 3 variants, so I can only hope enough "old school fans" stick with her come January...)

I think she's a cutie and I did enjoy her in SS. I'll vote for her.

If regular Eirika gets this then I'm screwed. I already gave SB. At least I have Fury and she has Luna. I have Wrath lying around so I'll give it to her when I have the chance

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I wasn't talking about the ambush at the very start of the game, I'm talking about later on where Seth pulls Eirika out of some prison or something (can't remember exactly what kind of building it was) and it's only because of Seth that Eirika doesn't get herself killed there. Seth practically has to baby her.

Focusing only on this point. I just checked the first few chapters and Seth only drags Eirika out of the castle in the prologue where they are intercepted by Valter (which is the whole ambush stuff). The time she made a mistake was when she entered a fortress trying to save Ephraim and it was the latter who saved her and her party, not Seth. The one that gets captured and thrown into prison quite a few times is Tana.