New Legendary Hero: Eirika

Poimagic

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

and I did enjoy her in SS. I'll vote for her.

Thank you!!

And SB for Eirika? That's an impressive investment! I think her refinement promotes an EP playstyle though, so it makes sense. Neat!

Speaking of OG!Eirika, I hope I get the last two merges I need for her from this banner (including one with good IVs please, IS).

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I love how they used different wording with Eirika for no reason when its literally fucking Luna like cmon now

It's not just Luna, though. This is flat damage, whereas Luna cuts the opponent's defense. So, for example, a unit using Luna could still do 0 damage, but Lunar Brace will always result in damage. Basically if the opponent has more defense than Eirika has attack, Lunar Brace results in more damage than Luna (before her actual special). Assuming it works as written, which isn't absolute just yet lol.

13 minutes ago, Florete said:

It's not just Luna, though. This is flat damage, whereas Luna cuts the opponent's defense. So, for example, a unit using Luna could still do 0 damage, but Lunar Brace will always result in damage. Basically if the opponent has more defense than Eirika has attack, Lunar Brace results in more damage than Luna (before her actual special). Assuming it works as written, which isn't absolute just yet lol.

Could be, although honestly flat damage is the most abstract shit in this game since on one side you have actual flat damage like Lightbrand and friends and Wo Dao, on other side you have Glimmer and Astra which might as well be flat damage, and then theres how Bonfire(exact wording of Lunar Brace) is not flat damage which is ???

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

1 minute ago, Florete said:

I don't know about all that, but the bigger tell they're not the same is actually her default special Moonbow. When I first read Lunar Brace's description, I also thought it worked like Luna, but it doesn't. Unless the Valter in the trailer only has 25 defense, Lunar Brace activates after Moonbow. This means it adds half of the foe's now 30% reduced defense, meaning it adds 35% of their actual defense, not 50%. For any special besides Luna and Moonbow, it is functionally equivalent to Luna, but for those two, it is significantly weaker.

4 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Could but, although honestly flat damage is the most abstract shit in this game since on one side you have actual flat damage like Lightbrand and friends and Wo Dao, on other side you have Glimmer and Astra which might as well be flat damage, and then theres how Bonfire(exact wording of Lunar Brace) is not flat damage which is ???

Technically Bonfire is not exactly the same.

Bonfire: Boosts damage by 50% of unit's defense.

Lunar Brace: Deals damage = 50% of foe's defense.

Based on the descriptions, Bonfire adds to your existing attack while Lunar Brace just does damage by itself. But yeah, this game can be wonky with its descriptions so we'll need to see it in game to know for sure how it actually works.

46 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

lol great growth. Around the beginning of the game she falls for a trap that Seth has to rescue her ass from, later on she gets easily tricked by Colm and her bracelet stolen, and later in the game she's even more naive and dumb and gives a Sacred Stone to the main villain. Yeah, she learned SO much.

Sorry, but I can't see any character growth here. She may be kind or whatever, but that doesn't make her a good character. All she did for me was make me facepalm the whole time.

Others have explained this already but you have greatly simplified what she has gone through while throwing insults.  I mean you want me to rip into Freddy?  It wouldn't be hard, trust me, I could write a paragraph summarizing the character and making him look dumb and worthless.  

It is fine to be disappointed that the month's legendary hero is Eirika, I am too.  Yes I too would prefer red bow Alm, I too would prefer Hrid.  I would prefer a Judgral legendary hero even my least liked character of FE4 or FE5 just to get some representation.  However you express your disappointment in Eirika being the hero by just bashing the character and saying she's not 'worthy'.  You say to each their own.  However that is like me saying Ike is a useless piece of crap, but hey to each their own.  So you see well how that could be offputting. (I like Ike btw, just making a point)

56 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I'd bash anyone if it means my waifu Seliph isnt getting Alt

tbh you can say that for most character who get bashed because of their popularity

Yeah.  Seliph man really deserves an alt, his original version has aged terribly and his promoted form on a horse would be great as a legendary hero.  Plus FE4 hasn't had a legendary hero yet, FE5 hasn't either but considering their treatment of Thracia so far I'm not holding my breath.

59 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

you know i wanted Ninian :(
But i think i have to Focus on Red/Green too. 
i guess my only bright spot is that maybe Bride Ninian comes back one day. Sumia makes it stupid hard. 

I liked Sumia in Awakening, I just don't like her art too much here and her skills/how she works too much.  Bride Ninian will certainly come next May, but hopefully she does come sooner.  If you really really want her though, I guess this may be the last chance to pull for awhile.  That 1/3 focus chance is rough though when sniping.

2 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

I liked Sumia in Awakening, I just don't like her art too much here and her skills/how she works too much.  Bride Ninian will certainly come next May, but hopefully she does come sooner.  If you really really want her though, I guess this may be the last chance to pull for awhile.  That 1/3 focus chance is rough though when sniping.

ohoo that's right! she does!! i can save up for her then too!! (I have to save up for all my brides :) )
this is true.i think i'm just gonna do Red/Green, and we will see. 5 out of 6 is A okay with me. (KInda wish Sanaki was Amelia or something, but.. i'll live)
and I always have to remember i do have ONE blue Dancer, so while it would be nice to have another one. i am okay for now). 

Can’t say I didn’t see it coming but it’s still kinda disappointing. Well, my orbs are safe for now. Bride Ninian is kinda tempting but not worth the horror of sniping in b8% banners. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

25 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Thank you!!

And SB for Eirika? That's an impressive investment! I think her refinement promotes an EP playstyle though, so it makes sense. Neat!

I'd given her Def/Res Link as well. Works great with Pivot. Truly a tough nut to crack. Guard seal when?

3 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Only a matter of time, I feel. Does she still have Hone Spd?

Yeah. Kinda wish for spd Wave, but I'm too afraid to fodder off Laevatein. But I do have Tailtiu with Ninian's bouqet. Synergy

Oof. I want to pull on this banner for Legendary Eirika and Ephraim, but the thought of getting units I already have (Summer Tana, Bridal Ninian, Innes and Genny) kind of holds me back. That and I'm waiting for the new banner that's coming out in November.

Decisions, decisions.

28 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

ohoo that's right! she does!! i can save up for her then too!! (I have to save up for all my brides :) )
this is true.i think i'm just gonna do Red/Green, and we will see. 5 out of 6 is A okay with me. (KInda wish Sanaki was Amelia or something, but.. i'll live)
and I always have to remember i do have ONE blue Dancer, so while it would be nice to have another one. i am okay for now). 

5 out of 6 is pretty good!  Looks like red is a can't lose for you, and then greens.  If you do pull an extra Sanaki, Atk/Res bond and Def/Res link are both rare and awesome skills to give to someone.  Amelia was on the December legendary banner.  

I think Eirika's kit being similar to Ephraim while being more lethal than him like Zelgius with black luna is actually very fitting. Towards the end of SS, she gains the resolve to kill the one she loves and her promotion allows her to become a strong capable unit,, in comparison to before. In essence, she becomes a strong independent woman and her kit reflects that. 

If I pull on this banner, I'll snipe red orbs because I have no one in red and want all of the red units. Colourless sucks as usual and the other two colours aren't much better this time around. 

2 hours ago, daisy jane said:

who is Hrid?

Can't help but think how much that says about Hrid's presence.

2 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Oh yeah and Eirika is plenty loved and popular.  She also is one of the main heroes of FE8, just as important and notable as Ephraim.  She is brave, kind hearted, understanding and shows great growth in her journey.  Let's not let disappointment in it not being Hrid or Seliph or whatever other character one wanted mean bashing a wonderful person like Eirika.

She was being bashed on long before being this month's legendary hero. I was actually to post whether she was going to be hated on  until I realize how "supposedly" controversial she is. I knew about Eirika's controversy even before I got into Fire Emblem

1 hour ago, Jave said:

Man, it seriously sucks that every time there's an announcement like this, there's the inevitable ranting from the people who hate the character. I'm not saying people are not entitled to opinions, but I really wish the negativity could be knocked down a peg. I dread what the inevitable Legendary Micaiah thread will be like.

Another reason why I don't like interacting with the community. So many times I've been deceive about someone's hatedom. And honestly no one should be ashamed on what character they like.

I was really sure about it being F!Corn, but I did give up on expecting my predictions being right after Legendary Ryouma.

Legendary Eirika doesn't seem that good, at least at first glance which is all the time I've had to look. I'm also kind of disappointed that her three incarnations have such similar designs. 

28 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

She was being bashed on long before being this month's legendary hero. I was actually to post whether she was going to be hated on  until I realize how "supposedly" controversial she is. I knew about Eirika's controversy even before I got into Fire Emblem

Another reason why I don't like interacting with the community. So many times I've been deceive about someone's hatedom. And honestly no one should be ashamed on what character they like.

It always seems to be female characters too.  The bashing is really vicious, and usually insulting people who like said character.  I didn't know people hated Eirika before the Glepnir controversy, I am surprised.  If it's a male character people don't like it is usually like "Lame, boring" that is about the meanest thing said.  If it is female.  Oh people only like her cause she is a walking sack of tits, or man she is such a dumb empty character.  

Pleased to see Eirika get her Legendary alt to match Ephraims.  The design is really good as well.  Wish that the Halloween banner hadn't been so cruel to me this year (5% twice, and only one 5 star to date, which was a Libra), because I likely won't have the orbs to pull an Eirika this time around.

I find it really upsetting that a lot of this thread has been bashing her though.  Like, can't we be glad we're getting anything at all?  Is it really terrible that she got a Legendary spot before someone else?  I for one can't even remember the last time I was upset that a character was introduced into the game.

In short, I just wanted to post that there's at least one more person who is happy to see this banner.

2 hours ago, Jave said:

Man, it seriously sucks that every time there's an announcement like this, there's the inevitable ranting from the people who hate the character. I'm not saying people are not entitled to opinions, but I really wish the negativity could be knocked down a peg. I dread what the inevitable Legendary Micaiah thread will be like.

That being said, Eirika looks pretty cool. Great artwork, and tons of great units in the banner. Not sure how much I will pull though. I have around 80 orbs, so I'll probably just go for everything until I pull a 5* (I'm missing on L!Eirika, S!Tana, L!Ephraim, Sumia, B!Ninian, M!Grima, B!Sanaki and F!Grima).

Yeah Eirika is getting a lot of flack despite it only being her third version. At this stage in the game, having three versions isn't too high at all. That makes me scared about Micaiah's eventual legendary reveal. 

That also ain't Hrid. Where is he?

Anyways, Eirika has some motifs similar to Ephraim but her weapon gives +3 Atk and if she's surrounded she gets +1 cooldown and Def/Res +3, which syncs up beautifully with Atk/Spd Solo (If I had a 5* Lon'qu I'd want entirely for that alone). Doesn't really sync with the Odd Def Wave though. Her other skills are something: Lunar Brace raises her cooldown but she gets +50% def reduction on specials. This means Luna for 4 CD gets 100% Def reduction and her Moonbow is just Black Luna.

As for the others, Red also has Summer Tana and Flylivia (Oh crap, I kind of want to pull red), Blue has L'Ephraim, Brinian and Sumia (Sumia should have been 4-5^ and I have the other two), Green has LeLyn, A child dressing as a bride and M!Grima (Would be nice to get Grima but not worth it after last time I tried for a green unit) and Colourless had Genny, Innes and F!Grima (So I'm honestly yawning, though Genny would be good fodder.)

This time, I would only bother with Red (Others are G > C > B). Though I'm also pissed at the Land's Bounty banner as it's still at 5.5%. Between this, the banner and the message on BB and RD, this birthday has been a bit strange from IS personally.

I'm so glad I have almost no reason to pull for any color other than red as Sanaki and Genny are the only non-reds on this banner that I actually care about. Sanaki, Sumia, and Ephraim are the only non-reds that I don't already have at +10 (or have enough copies lying around of to get to +10).

This is probably going to be another muted month for me. I might just pull for enough copies of Tana to finish getting her to +10 and then stop, but we'll see. If I get lucky, I might keep going, but if there's anything I have zero (really, negative) trust in, it's my luck.

As for Eirika herself:

Storm Sieglinde + Atk/Spd Solo gives her +6/6/3/3 when there are no allies within 2 squares plus Heavy Blade without a stat check. Lunar Brace slows her Special by 1 cooldown, but effectively adds Luna to its effect, which is rather nifty.

I think I'll be switching her over to Noontime as her Special, just like what I did with Ephraim, switching Sol out for Moonbow.

@LordFrigid @mampfoid Storm Sieglinde allows Eirika to Galeforce in one round of combat. And vanilla Eirika, too, assuming Sieglinde gets the option of being evolved like Siegmund.

On the other hand, she's in a weird position for Arena where Lunar Brace pretty much invalidates both Aether and Galeforce, though getting an Aether off would be devastating.

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

It always seems to be female characters too.  The bashing is really vicious, and usually insulting people who like said character.  I didn't know people hated Eirika before the Glepnir controversy, I am surprised.  If it's a male character people don't like it is usually like "Lame, boring" that is about the meanest thing said.  If it is female.  Oh people only like her cause she is a walking sack of tits, or man she is such a dumb empty character.  

Yea, that's a pretty annoying trend I'm seeing here & Lucina's & Lyn's legendary alts trailers aren't helping either.