New Legendary Hero: Eirika

Poimagic

Stats:

The first round of combat is against the non-reinforcement Axe Pegasus in Valter's Grand Hero Battle on Hard difficulty.

Eirika deals 52 damage against its 15 Def, so she has 56 Atk. It's shown that she charged her Special by 2 points, so Atk/Spd Solo is active if she has it equipped, giving her a base 31 Atk.

The Axe Pegasus has 28 Spd, which says Eirika has at least 27 Spd... which doesn't say much because she most definitely has more.

The Axe Pegasus deals 0 damage to Eirika and has at least 28 Atk ("at least" because the Bow Fighter it spawns next to has Spur Atk), meaning Eirika has at least 20 Def if Odd Def Wave is not up and 14 Def if it is. Again, this doesn't say much.

The second round of combat is against Valter in Valter's Grand Hero Battle on Hard difficulty. Valter has already taken 5 points of damage.

Eirika deals 19 damage against his 26 Def, so she has 56 Atk, which agrees with the previous calculation and also shows that Atk/Spd Solo is active.

Lunar Brace-boosted Moonbow deals an additional 20 damage against Valter's 26 Def, which means Valter has no Def buffs.

Valter has 26 Spd, so that doesn't tell us anything.

Valter deals 15 damage with his 43 Atk, meaning Eirika has 36 Def. Depending on if Storm Sieglinde's and Odd Def Wave's effects are up or not, this means she has any of 27, 30, 33, or 36 Def.

My guesses for her stats:

HP: 38
Atk: 31
Spd: ~35
Def: 27
Res: ~26

Total: ~157

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

@LordFrigid @mampfoid Storm Sieglinde allows Eirika to Galeforce in one round of combat. And vanilla Eirika, too, assuming Sieglinde gets the option of being evolved like Siegmund.

Yeah, her weapon is nice, @LordFrigid has given her legendary brother GF already. But BH!Roy his filling the GF sword cav niche just fine in my case, she would be far behind in my GF SI schedule. Still need blue and green Infantry, red and blue armor and hopefully dragons once IS cancels that stupid restriction. 

Oh thank goodness there's nothing too must-have this time since I spent most of my orbs.

The only seasonal I care about in this lineup is Sanaki but that's mostly because I want Def/Res Link on L!Lucina or for Odin Link Spectrum shenanigans. That would require at least two Sanakis though since I always keep one hero. Grima is finally here, so I wouldn't mind getting him. If I had to pull it would be green but that would require green to actually show up.

Red is my second choice. Already have Tana but Atk/Spd Push is nice fodder since healers can benefit. Then again, Eirika's Solo skill is pretty much better. Would really like Skyliva the most for art/and red flier dancer, but like Grima, being in the normal pool means she's not a total must-have, but would be nice to get since I'd rather have 2 red pitybreakers than the many regular red pitybreakers.

Blue has some nice options for Silas (Reprisal Lance, Sturdy Stance) but not really worth it.

Kind of amused by the amount of Sacred Stones in the banner, especially since the month was mostly SS-themed (BHB, weapon refines, Innes appearing again, and maybe I guess Owain's "Sacred Stones strike" line if that counts haha)

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

It always seems to be female characters too.  The bashing is really vicious, and usually insulting people who like said character.  I didn't know people hated Eirika before the Glepnir controversy, I am surprised.  If it's a male character people don't like it is usually like "Lame, boring" that is about the meanest thing said.  If it is female.  Oh people only like her cause she is a walking sack of tits, or man she is such a dumb empty character.  

I had my issues with mage Eir, but that's because I'm VERY partial to Knoll.  It could've been any other non-dark magic character with that tome, and I would've reacted the same.  The fact that it was Eir was merely an unfortunate coincidence.

In contrast, I'm glad to see her here.  Ephraim gets his Siegmund upgraded, so Eir should get Sieglinde upgraded.  The horse is cool, too, since it's reminiscent to her FE8 promotion.

1 hour ago, Icelerate said:

Yeah Eirika is getting a lot of flack despite it only being her third version. At this stage in the game, having three versions isn't too high at all. That makes me scared about Micaiah's eventual legendary reveal. 

Oh goodness, please don't give me a heart attack!  I'm not a fan of Micaiah, but as long as she isn't something way out there (like her Awakening art), I think I'll be fine with her.

56 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I think I'll be switching her over to Noontime as her Special, just like what I did with Ephraim, switching Sol out for Moonbow.

I'm stealing this idea, if you don't mind.  May also put Bonfire on her if she winds up being tanky enough.

@Ice Dragon

I feel extra unobservant for not noticing the Galeforce point right off the bat, oof. Pity she competes with Caeda and Roy. I’ll probably see if Restoration Lady Eirika gets access to it, as you mentioned, since I’ve already got her fully built and merged.

@mampfoid

It’s actually my regular Ephraim who has Galeforce (yet to be seen in a clear), it looks like I most likely gave it to him ages ago while passing on a Brave Lance+. I must’ve figured “eh, might as well”. I could give it to Legendary Ephraim though, if I needed to. It’d be fun to use both of the twins in a One-Turn some day.

Edited by LordFrigid

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I'm stealing this idea, if you don't mind.  May also put Bonfire on her if she winds up being tanky enough.

You may as well use Ignis instead of Bonfire in that case.

Bonfire would end up with a cooldown of 4 with Lunar Brace's effect, meaning you'll get 4→2 (Eirika's attack)→1 (counterattack)→0 (Eirika's follow-up) to fully charge it in time for the next round of combat.

Ignis would end up with a cooldown of 5 with Lunar Brace's effect, meaning you'll get 5→3 (Eirika's attack)→2 (counterattack)→0 (Eirika's follow-up) for the exact same activation timing, but with more damage.

Not very excited about Eirika to be honest, I'm doing fairly well with Sword Cavalry units (Sigurd, Brave Roy and also Ares, Xander, Eldigan). She might be sought after for the A skill, I don't know what to think about Lunar Brace. I hope she gets decent speed, and already see good Attack and Defense for her, while Res might be her bane. Will find out when the stats show up.

Red: L!Eirika, Summer Tana, Flying Olivia - seems like a free for me, as I have none. A flying dancer is always great, especially with Guidance. Summer Tana with built-in Guidance 2 is also great, however the red flying mage spot got very competent with Aversa.

Blue: L!Ephraim, Bride Ninian, Sumia - I might skip blue orbs. I already have L!Ephraim and Bride Ninian, both very useful units, and I don't really want Sumia right now.

Green: L!Lyn, Grima, Bridal Sanaki - Funny I was thinking about Sanaki yesterday. I already have the premium Grima from this group, so this could be another skip.

Colorless: L!Grima, Genny, Innes - now Genny makes this interesting for me, but how much do I want it? Innes just got his weapon refinery, but I think he gets too much attention now(if you ask me, they should just lower him to 4*). Do I need to say anything about L!Grima at this point, it's going on for months...

Red > Colorless > Green > Blue - that's my personal, but I would suggest you guys putting blue on higher priority.

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You may as well use Ignis instead of Bonfire in that case.

Bonfire would end up with a cooldown of 4 with Lunar Brace's effect, meaning you'll get 4→2 (Eirika's attack)→1 (counterattack)→0 (Eirika's follow-up) to fully charge it in time for the next round of combat.

Ignis would end up with a cooldown of 5 with Lunar Brace's effect, meaning you'll get 5→3 (Eirika's attack)→2 (counterattack)→0 (Eirika's follow-up) for the exact same activation timing, but with more damage.

Doesn't work with what I have planned.

1 hour ago, TheWill said:

@DefyingFates

You still with me in voting for Eirika next CYL? I don't want her to lose because of the recent alt.

Of course I am, I'm just as terrified that this alt will cost her the win like it did last time! Eirika for CYL 2019!

58 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Stats:

The first round of combat is against the non-reinforcement Axe Pegasus in Valter's Grand Hero Battle on Hard difficulty.

Eirika deals 52 damage against its 15 Def, so she has 56 Atk. It's shown that she charged her Special by 2 points, so Atk/Spd Solo is active if she has it equipped, giving her a base 31 Atk.

The Axe Pegasus has 28 Spd, which says Eirika has at least 27 Spd... which doesn't say much because she most definitely has more.

The Axe Pegasus deals 0 damage to Eirika and has at least 28 Atk ("at least" because the Bow Fighter it spawns next to has Spur Atk), meaning Eirika has at least 20 Def if Odd Def Wave is not up and 14 Def if it is. Again, this doesn't say much.

The second round of combat is against Valter in Valter's Grand Hero Battle on Hard difficulty. Valter has already taken 5 points of damage.

Eirika deals 19 damage against his 26 Def, so she has 56 Atk, which agrees with the previous calculation and also shows that Atk/Spd Solo is active.

Lunar Brace-boosted Moonbow deals an additional 20 damage against Valter's 26 Def, which means Valter has no Def buffs.

Valter has 26 Spd, so that doesn't tell us anything.

Valter deals 15 damage with his 43 Atk, meaning Eirika has 36 Def. Depending on if Storm Sieglinde's and Odd Def Wave's effects are up or not, this means she has any of 27, 30, 33, or 36 Def.

My guesses for her stats:

HP: 38
Atk: 31
Spd: ~35
Def: 27
Res: ~26

Total: ~157

I'm always blown away by these calculations. Thanks!

-

Onto the other colours of the banner, I realised I don't have any other of the Red Heroes, so at least any pitybreaks will be an efficient waste of Orbs. It's kinda sweet that Eirika's BFF is debuting in a Legendary Banner alongside her, though I' not looking forward to being pitybroken a dozen times by her...

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Now I'm curious.

There's a very high likelihood that the only default thing I'm keeping on her is the Lunar Brace.  But it depends on her stats, whether or not I pull her, and a few other things.

This now makes 12 Legendary Heroes. That means the following...

~We have 4 Red Legendaries, 4 Blue Legendaries, 3 Green Legendaries, and 1 Colorless.

~Fire Leg heroes do not have a Spd boosting Hero, as do Water missing Res, Wind missing Def, and Earth also missing Res.

~All 4 Red heroes were Swords, meanwhile Green had 1 axe, 1 tome, and 1 Bow. Blue had 2 Lances, 1 Bow, and 1 Dragon. Colorless... had 1 dragon.

~We received 5 Infantry, 3 Horses, 2 Flying, and 2 Armored Legendary heroes.

~Gunnthra was the only technically Magic Legendary Hero. All others are either physical or are magical but deal adeptive damage against Ranged targets.

~Besides the Heroes OCs, Tiki, Lucina, and Ryoma are the only non-Lord heroes (better way to say it would be Main Characters) to become Legendary Heroes (though all 3 play major roles in their original games, while Lucina, while not technically a Lord, was of the Lord class)

~Of the 12 weapons we received, we have the following stats to look at...

• 3 weapons are direct lifts from other units (Ragnell, Raijinto, and Expiration)
  • 1 has been made available to the original alt of the unit via refining (Flame Siegmund)
  • 5 of the weapons have Distant Counter built into them. Of those 5, Divine Breath is the only one to have an additional effect besides DC or Adeptive damage.
  • Besides the Heroes OCs, two units received entirely new weapons, those being Lucina (Thögn) and Tiki (Divine Breath).

~The following are the exclusive skills each unit received. And yes, it is possible to amalgamate a unit out of all of them.

1. Ice Mirror (Special; Fjorm, decrease damage taken from Ranged attacks by 30%, while increasing Counterattack damage by the total damage removed)
  2. Chilling Seal (Passive B; Gunnthra, when HP is higher than 50%, decreases Atk and Spd of foe with the lowest Defense by 6)
  3. Radiant Aether (Special; Ike, same effects of Aether with 1 less cooldown charge)
  4. Solar Brace (Passive B; Ephraim, recovers HP equal to 30% of damage dealt when special triggers)
  5. Dragonskin (Passive A; Robin, negates effective damage against Flying units and receives Def/Res +4 when being attacked)
  6. Laws of Sacae (Passive A; Lyn, grants +4 to all stats if Foe initiates combat and there are at least 2 allies within 2 spaces)
  7. Bushido (Passive B; Ryoma, grants Special Damage +10)
  8. Ostian Pulse (Passive C; Hector, grants Special Cooldown Charge -1 to all allies on turn 1 if the number of that allies movement type is two or lower)
  9. Future Vision (Assist; Lucina, swaps spaces with target ally, and refreshes the actions of the user once per turn)
  10. Binding Shield (Passive B; Marth, Dragon foes cannot counterattack or make followups, while unit will always trigger follow-ups against Dragon foes)
  11. With Everyone! (Passive C; Tiki, if standing next to someone, grants ally and unit Def/Res +5)
  12. Lunar Brace (Passive B; Eirika, slows Special Charge by 1, but adds damage equal to 50% of foes Defense when Special triggers)

Also... I really can't be bothered to care about Eirika right now, not when I still have a pity rate to exhaust on Brave Redux. At least the bonus heroes this time align with my interests... for the most part anyways, because I really don't want another Sky Olivia...

Edited by Xenomata

To add on the list of people not bashing Eirika, I'm also very pleased to see her. Sacred Stones was my first game so I'm quite fond of her as the first character I met. Plus I don't want to start arguing with anyone but I'll say this: Eirika is the protagonist of SS just as much as Ephraim is. She is playable for more chapters than him, she has her own Story Mode who is treated equally to her brother's Story Mode, she can deal the final blow on the final boss (no Radiant Dawn bullshit yey) and no matter how much you dislike her personality, saying she isn't on the same level to Ephraim or that she deserves less than him is quick way to go in my shitlist, and in Ephraim's shitlist too.

Talking about more positive and uplifting stuff... I think I cracked the code guys.

The next Legendary Hero is guaranteed to be from either Tellius or Nohr. We got two legends from Heroes (Fjorm and Gunnthra), two legends from Mystery (Marth and Tiki), two legends from Awakening (Grima and Lucina), two legends from Sacred Stones (the twins) and two legends from Blazing Blade (Hector and Lyn). This cannot be a coincidence, it's fate. The only oddballs are Radiant Dawn and Fates, which they must get their fated half. I say Nohr because I think they want to keep things balanced between the two sides (Corrin as a Nohr Noble would also count as Nohrian) and about Radiant Dawn...

Well Next Time we have a colorless, right? Get ready for Staff Micaiah!!!

watch it be Legendary Elise instead.

36 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

It’s actually my regular Ephraim who has Galeforce (yet to be seen in a clear), it looks like I most likely gave it to him ages ago while passing on a Brave Lance+. I must’ve figured “eh, might as well”. I could give it to Legendary Ephraim though, if I needed to. It’d be fun to use both of the twins in a One-Turn some day.

Hmm sorry, then I mixed that up. I thought I saw L!Ephraim in one of your clears. 

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

There's a very high likelihood that the only default thing I'm keeping on her is the Lunar Brace.  But it depends on her stats, whether or not I pull her, and a few other things.

Brave... Sword...?

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

All others are either physical or are magical but deal adeptive damage.

Adaptive damage for dragons only works against ranged opponents. They deal purely magical damage against melee opponents.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Adaptive damage for dragons only works against ranged opponents. They deal purely magical damage against melee opponents.

Right yeah maybe should have added that note.

Even still, Gunnthra is the only one considered Magic, so she is affected by skills that affect "Magic" foes.

Just now, Xenomata said:

Even still, Gunnthra is the only one considered Magic, so she is affected by skills that affect "Magic" foes.

I mean, "magic" in skill descriptions just refers to the three tome weapon types. Staves deal purely magical damage, but also aren't included in that category.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I mean, "magic" in skill descriptions just refers to the three tome weapon types. Staves deal purely magical damage, but also aren't included in that category.

Really dumb technicality if you ask me, but hey I'm not the one programing the game.

Worrisome to me, more than the small things like what Magic refers to, is the fact we're still at only one Colorless Legendary Hero. One full year of Legendaries, and one colorless feels a little worriesome to me. Not to say there aren't still characters who COULD become Colorless heroes (Micaiah, Corrin, and Alm all come to mind quite quickly), but I'm working under the assumption that these may be the only Legendary Heroes we get, or at least Legendary Heroes Season 1, with Season 2 getting even more wild advantages over normal units.

Aww maaaaan I was really hoping for red bow Alm :(

I have been hoping for a female sword cav someday so I can make a full female cav team but…I just really don’t care for Eirika. Not to mention that the only other red female cav is also Eirika :/

Might still summon for her anyway cause I could use a legendary cav hero that isn't Gunnthra, and my water blessing teams are really lacking. But I haven't played her games so I don't know her and her design is boring to me so meh. Might just add Titania to the team instead.

First legendary banner I'm not really excited about, no units I really want on this one. I really wanted bridal Ninian when she first came out but she refused to come to me and I now have flying Olivia so I don't really care anymore. Think I will just do one full round to see if I can get any usefull fodder and leave it at that, so I can continue trying for Kliff instead.

This banner is an easy skip for me. The units I'm most interested in, I have. The only ones I vaguely want that I don't have are F!Grima and Olivia. No interest in Eirika (although glad we finally have a female sword cav. That's been oddly missing from the pool).

At least this freed up my orbs to try for Kliff... even if I got Owain in the end... twice...

4 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Could be, although honestly flat damage is the most abstract shit in this game since on one side you have actual flat damage like Lightbrand and friends and Wo Dao, on other side you have Glimmer and Astra which might as well be flat damage, and then theres how Bonfire(exact wording of Lunar Brace) is not flat damage which is ???

Pretty much only skills give you true damage (Wrath or Bushido), while Specials technically never inflict true damage. The most recent example for this is Blue Flame which adds 25 damage but it isn't actually a flat damage addition.

Luna Brace wording pretty much indicates true damage just like Wrath does. Only here they replaced "+10 damage" with "50% of foe's def".
Of course we could be all wrong and it might be just Luna on a B passive but I highly doubt it. At least in this sense there is some kind of consistency (though it's still confusing as hell).

I'm kind of disappointed it wasn't Hrid, but Eirika getting the Legendary treatment is A-OK in my book. As for everyone else:

• Red: Eirika is a given and Summer!Tana is nice, as is Flying!Olivia (if I used dancers).
  • Blue: I've got L!Ephraim at +1, but more merges are fine by me. Bridal!Ninian is meh when I have Morgan, and Sumia might be a good substitute for my -Spd Tana.
  • Green: M!Grima is meh compared to both Myrrhs, I've got a great L!Lyn+1, and Bridal!Sanaki is competing with Giga!Nino.
  • Grey: Genny is more of the same, I could use a F!Grima that isn't -Atk, and Innes is meh, but I'm short on good archers anyway.

All in all, definitely going for red and blue, and probably grey.

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Hmm sorry, then I mixed that up. I thought I saw L!Ephraim in one of your clears. 

Well, I did use him for Lloyd’s Abyssal map, he just didn’t have Galeforce.

~

Anyway, I’m likely passing on this banner. There are some nice things, to be sure (all the reds are good, I’m missing Sumia, and green is great for skill fodder), but I don’t really need anything from it.

My main problem with Eirika is her being a Sword Cavalry unit... I am already using Ares as my Sword Cavalry unit, and he has access to merges more easily compared to Eirika. It's the same problem I had with Legendary Ryoma, which I was using NY Camilla at the time but later I got Summer Young Tiki as my flying red unit.

I will probably get the free summon and maybe any other red orb in the same summoning section, and that's it. That's mean I can keep my orbs and use them in a better banner. We still don't know if the next update will be version 3.0 or 2.11. Also, the next Legendary hero, if I am not wrong, is a colorless unit, which interest me.

I LOVE HER!

She looks so amazing. I like her and Ephraim pretty equal, and i'm glad Eirika got her legendary version too. (Though I don't really care about people that think they have the right to decide who is worthy of legendary hero status). Her playstyle seems to be oriented at staying alone and dealing with everything herself. She seems quite self-sufficient. So I think I might summon for her if I have some orbs left from Jakob.