FE6 & 10 banners coming out next year

Jingle Jangle

Roy alt, Lilina alt, Hector alt; Narcian alt GHB; Rutger tempest trial.

Ike alt, Soren alt, Zelgius alt; that general dude that ran away screaming that the beasts are going to devour him GHB; Amy tempest trial.

I want to be proven wrong.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Roy alt, Lilina alt, Hector alt; Narcian alt GHB; Rutger tempest trial.

Ike alt, Soren alt, Zelgius alt; that general dude that ran away screaming that the beasts are going to devour him GHB; Amy tempest trial.

I want to be proven wrong.

...I mean, I can say with certainty that it won't happen? Don't really get the joke here.

amy for heroes tho

Edited by NoirCore

4 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

...I mean, I can say with certainty that it won't happen? Don't really get the joke here.

amy for heroes tho

Can you?

Amy is the joke.

The rate of releasing new characters is the joke. New characters take how long to produce, four to six months? They have only noticed that FE6 was basically missing a couple of months ago? They have only noticed that Tellius was basically missing a couple of months before that? “Oh, there are actually games that aren’t 4 (Genealogy is my favourite FE), 7, 13, or 14! Crap”.

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Septimus.

And also, damn I hope my cynicism never gets as bad as yours.

Ah. I knew he had a cool name. He also had a cool moustache. And he also is memey enough for Intsys to consider.

I don’t want this but they aren’t helping.

I don't think it's really that long of a wait. And honestly, let's be realistic it makes sense why it hasn't gotten a banner. FE6 isn't something that they thought would make them bounds of money because they put the main characters in from the start. They really focused on the money makers (or at least what they thought would be) I.E. Fates (and any titular female character-lol). 

But clearly the feedback of fans (a significant portion) has led them to adding more AND listening to what we as fans want, which is really all I can ask for in a game like this. They probably started getting a HUGE influx of complaints the last few months and have been using that to start commissioning artists/VA/etc. to get the banners. I mean look at how long it takes for CYL. 

But I'm glad FE10 is getting stuff finally, I'm excited to see who!! And maybe with all our complaining about Beast Units they'll finalllllly add them soon!

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Can you?

Amy is the joke.

The rate of releasing new characters is the joke. New characters take how long to produce, four to six months? They have only noticed that FE6 was basically missing a couple of months ago? They have only noticed that Tellius was basically missing a couple of months before that? “Oh, there are actually games that aren’t 4 (Genealogy is my favourite FE), 7, 13, or 14! Crap”.

Ah. I knew he had a cool name. He also had a cool moustache. And he also is memey enough for Intsys to consider.

I don’t want this but they aren’t helping.

...I don't see how that's the joke when you suggested alts all over the place. Sounds like you were going for something akin to the Thracia banner but more exaggerated as opposed to poking fun at the wait time.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I mean, technically speaking there have been more Tellius banners than non-seasonal Awakening banners. Ike banner and Micaiah banner vs Sumia banner. 

FE6's delay makes sense if it is tied to a remake coming out. If its not, I got nothing other than them considering it to be in the same boat as FE7.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Septimus.

And also, damn I hope my cynicism never gets as bad as yours.

Give it time, cynicism only gets worse. I'm afraid I noticed it on my behaviour as well.

As for the announcement, I'm very curious about what triggered this (specifically I mean; generally, it's kinda obvious discontent from fans an is even vaguely adressed in the news) and what they hope to achieve. I mean, asking for Binding Blade fans, who were often disappointed by the neglected treatment, to wait for March? That is quite a long wait in an already uneventful period of time. Is that supposed to appease them? I don't feel that it would work that well, even if it does give them a specific month to look forward to.

Personally, if Haar is on the RD banner, I would have to restrain myself and save orbs for January. Might be hard, though, since I still need fodder/merges and IS continues to dish out banners with units I still want, e.g. this legendary banner I will have to put everything into green, and sometimes often without success, e.g. colourless for Loki, since they are determined to push for those dumb duel skills.

I'll need more info on the next major update before I can safely say whether I'm even more frustrated with FEH or not, though.

For the people expecting beast units with Book III, I wonder if Path of Radiance can still come before January, since the news only mentions Radiant Dawn.

6 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Sounds like you were going for something akin to the Thracia banner but more exaggerated as opposed to poking fun at the wait time.

To be fair, that Thracia banner was frankly insulting. The Reinhardt alt... fine. But the treatment of Finn (who's actually one of the few remotely popular Thracia characters), Nanna's treatment compared to the trobadours that followed after her and Leif being overshadowed on his debut banner were infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

For the people expecting beast units with Book III, I wonder if Path of Radiance can still come before January, since the news only mentions Radiant Dawn.

That's my hope!  Maybe, by letting us know RD was coming, they hoped to stave off those complaints when another PoR banner appeared.

1 minute ago, TheWill said:

To be fair, that Thracia banner was frankly insulting. The Reinhardt alt... fine. But the treatment of Finn (who's actually one of the few remotely popular Thracia characters), Nanna's treatment compared to the trobadours that followed after her and Leif being overshadowed on his debut banner were infuriating. 

...I was referring to Reinhardt and Olwen getting alts on the Thracia banner being the bad part.

24 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Something curious I noticed on the very same announcement page is that they encourage you to suggest new heroes via the feedback form.

Good idea?  Maybe?  As long as they don't get spammed, I guess.

Now, for the rest of the topic. . .

PLEASE KEEP THE SALT TO APPROPRIATE LEVELS.

Yes, it sucks that it took this long for these two FEs to get their time in the sun.  But it's happening, which IMO is better than NOT happening.  Look to the future, not the past.

20 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

I mean, technically speaking there have been more Tellius banners than non-seasonal Awakening banners. Ike banner and Micaiah banner vs Sumia banner. 

Except Awakening had a bunch of characters at launch and then got tons of seasonals. So it was not ignored, not by a long shot.

1 minute ago, TheNiddo said:

Never said ignored.

Strictly talking about banners released. 

Then you're also forgetting the banner with horse Chrom and the Morgans. So there have been two Awakening banners and only one Tellius one this year, not including seasonals.

3 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

Never said ignored.

Strictly talking about banners released. 

You're adding two separate games together though...

Awakening has had more non-seasonal banners than Radiant Dawn and equal to Path of Radiance. 

Sheesh, poor IS. They work so hard for the fans, and the "fans" are complaining so much that they have to release a notice to let them know that they're trying to do things how they want them.This product belongs to IS and we get to enjoy it. They aren't under any obligation to listen to us since they're the creators, but they do anyway. Further, as they said in the notice, production of new heroes takes time. No reason to be impatient. And they were even gracious enough to let the fans know that if there's anyone specific they want, to go ahead and send in requests. They're being so kind, and yet they seem so bullied by the people they're working so hard for! I really pity them. I, for one, am grateful that they're doing this for us. I've wondered about what it'd be like if my favorite FE characters got to work together, and that was made into a game I can enjoy. And if you don't like a banner, you can save your orbs for one you do. It really is a lot nicer than people make it seem, even if I agree that there's some tweaking IS could do, (I.e., equal representation in various kinds of banners and in usability for both men and women) this is just my opinion and I recognize that I don't weigh in at business meetings.

1 minute ago, Mercakete said:

Sheesh, poor IS. They work so hard for the fans, and the "fans" are complaining so much that they have to release a notice to let them know that they're trying to do things how they want them.This product belongs to IS and we get to enjoy it. They aren't under any obligation to listen to us since they're the creators, but they do anyway. Further, as they said in the notice, production of new heroes takes time. No reason to be impatient. And they were even gracious enough to let the fans know that if there's anyone specific they want, to go ahead and send in requests. They're being so kind, and yet they seem so bullied by the people they're working so hard for! I really pity them. I, for one, am grateful that they're doing this for us. I've wondered about what it'd be like if my favorite FE characters got to work together, and that was made into a game I can enjoy. And if you don't like a banner, you can save your orbs for one you do. It really is a lot nicer than people make it seem, even if I agree that there's some tweaking IS could do, (I.e., equal representation in various kinds of banners and in usability for both men and women) this is just my opinion and I recognize that I don't weigh in at business meetings.

No one hates Fire Emblem like Fire Emblem fans

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then you're also forgetting the banner with horse Chrom and the Morgans. So there have been two Awakening banners and only one Tellius one this year, not including seasonals.

I did forget the Morgan one. 2 and 2 total then. So even split. If you go by pure raw "Tellius vs Awakening characters added to the summoning pool" I believe Tellius is ahead due to Mia and Nephenee.

Split is not as bad as it looks when you actually sit down and think about what they've added. I don't care about starting roster, of course Awakening and Fates were going to have a large percentage they are the most recent games you have to get the newer FE fans excited to play a mobile game of all things. They better have loads of characters they recognize right off of the bat. And yes I count FE9 and FE10 as the same for this, they share 90% of the cast. That would be like claiming Shadow Dragon and New Mystery of the Emblem shouldn't count in the same pool. 

FE6 not getting new characters outside of Klein, despite 95% of its cast being different from FE7's in a 2 year span? Yeah I can understand throwing a fuss about that. That Awakening's two banners are closer together than Tellius' banners? No that's just silly. Banners happen when they happen. Never worth getting worked up about. 

5 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I legitimately can't tell if this is trolling or not.