FE6 & 10 banners coming out next year

Jingle Jangle

1 minute ago, TheNiddo said:

I did forget the Morgan one. 2 and 2 total then. So even split. If you go by pure raw "Tellius vs Awakening characters added to the summoning pool" I believe Tellius is ahead due to Mia and Nephenee.

Split is not as bad as it looks when you actually sit down and think about what they've added. I don't care about starting roster, of course Awakening and Fates were going to have a large percentage they are the most recent games you have to get the newer FE fans excited to play a mobile game of all things. They better have loads of characters they recognize right off of the bat. And yes I count FE9 and FE10 as the same for this, they share 90% of the cast. That would be like claiming Shadow Dragon and New Mystery of the Emblem shouldn't count in the same pool. 

FE6 not getting new characters outside of Klein, despite 95% of its cast being different from FE7's in a 2 year span? Yeah I can understand throwing a fuss about that. That Awakening's two banners are closer together than Tellius' banners? No that's just silly. Banners happen when they happen. Never worth getting worked up about. 

Awakening still had a bunch of characters at launch though, and Tellius has a much bigger cast with more missing pieces still. So it's not even at all, not even close.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This kind of reminds me of when they teased Leif and Nanna over a month before their banner just to get people to stop asking about when the last Lord would drop by.

Guys, c'mon. It's coming. A few hours ago the answer to this question of when FE6 would get its first banner would be a shrug that could move the Earth.

@Mercakete We wouldn't really make complaints if IS were transparent with us. Yugioh has the same problem. Konami doesn't explain the Forbidden and Limited List as well as allowing problem cards to stay in the game. Firewall is stupid and should be banned

30 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Sheesh, poor IS. They work so hard for the fans, and the "fans" are complaining so much that they have to release a notice to let them know that they're trying to do things how they want them.This product belongs to IS and we get to enjoy it. They aren't under any obligation to listen to us since they're the creators, but they do anyway. Further, as they said in the notice, production of new heroes takes time. No reason to be impatient. And they were even gracious enough to let the fans know that if there's anyone specific they want, to go ahead and send in requests. They're being so kind, and yet they seem so bullied by the people they're working so hard for! I really pity them. I, for one, am grateful that they're doing this for us. I've wondered about what it'd be like if my favorite FE characters got to work together, and that was made into a game I can enjoy. And if you don't like a banner, you can save your orbs for one you do. It really is a lot nicer than people make it seem, even if I agree that there's some tweaking IS could do, (I.e., equal representation in various kinds of banners and in usability for both men and women) this is just my opinion and I recognize that I don't weigh in at business meetings.

Seriously...

They arleady say why it takes time and people is still salty af despite finally there is more tellius and more FE6

3 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Seriously...

They arleady say why it takes time and people is still salty af despite finally there is more tellius and more FE6

We're not complaining about being made to wait. It's how LONG we've had to wait that's the issue. Two years for even a single FE6 banner is pretty dumb.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

We're not complaining about being made to wait. It's how LONG we've had to wait that's the issue. Two years for even a single FE6 banner is pretty dumb.

Because years ago, Tellius wasn't that liked in Japan, (which can be said the same with Echoes, even now) . I think the odds of another Ike alt carrying the banner is likely, since they lack faith Tellius characters on their own would sell.

2 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Because years ago, Tellius wasn't that liked in Japan, (which can be said the same with Echoes, even now) . I think the odds of another Ike alt carrying the banner is likely, since they lack faith Tellius characters on their own would sell.

Second PoR banner and first RD banner say hi. They didn't have any alts aside from Zelgius who definitely wouldn't be considered as a big seller, especially when his other self is free. Also, we've gotten a few Tellius seasonals now too. So to say IS doesn't think they could sell is false.

Edited by Anacybele

13 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Seriously...

I honestly thought Mercakete was trolling, tbh. I'm genuinely surprised people think like this.

People being disappointed is completely natural and from what I've seen (potential sampling bias) on Reddit and Gamefaqs, disappointment in this announcement is the majority reaction.

Stop having this apologetic attitude towards everything IS does. They've made a lot of bad decisions and this is just one of many. 

Ah they pulled the Thracia except without any pictures of the units that are coming.  Don't worry fans, it is coming!  So any bets on if these long awaited banners will be alt free?  Thracia was brutal cause it was yay the 2 only Thracia characters in the game now released in Alt form, and 2 actual new characters!  Wow, worth the wait!

Anyways while that is quite a wait their banners for the rest of the year are likely already completely planned, with certain assets already finished.  Still this early notice gives big fans of those games time to prepare and save orbs.  Knowing banner times far ahead of time is a big boon as it can allow one to plan their saving/spending.  When a banner drops out of the blue with a unit you really really want or featuring a game you really love it can be rough if you don't happen to have a lot of orbs at the time.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Second PoR banner and first RD banner say hi. They didn't have any alts aside from Zelgius who definitely wouldn't be considered as a big seller, especially when his other self is free. Also, we've gotten a few Tellius seasonals now too. So to say IS doesn't think they could sell is false.

The second PoR banner was carried by Elincia, with her niche as sword flier, and her only contender back then was Palla, combined with Amiti, PRF brave sword .Zelgius sells because his usability as dual phase armor sword , and because it's the dawn of armor meta, not because his huge fanbase on itself because Micaiah got more votes in CYL. In the end, this is a gacha meant to  sell to whales, with one star in each banner and some other units to keep  the minnows or even planktons to play the game to keep the whales in high tier in arena. 

The usability argument could be applied to Kurthnaga , Nasir or Ena as dragons too have high BST (and usability-wise, is a better counter units because Lightning Breath is inheritable. 

They can make other Tellius units sell in terms of usability to whales, but the question is do sell to the saving minnows  who saved for their bias as well?That is the problem. 

Sorry for being objective and thinks of things from  competitive and business perspective despite actually i'm a rather casual player, but there's my points. 

13 minutes ago, TheWill said:

from what I've seen (potential sampling bias) on Reddit and Gamefaqs

Of course there’s going to be mostly salt going around on both of those sites, what did you expect? That, and drawing any conclusions from what goes on at the Gamefaqs message boards is pretty hilarious given it’s one giant, highly toxic dumpster fire.

This is the Thracia post all over again. Damage control at its worst. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if spinoffs like TMS, Warriors or Cipher get a banner before Binding Blade banner. The salt would be glorious. 

As for the banners themselves...

RD: Dawn Brigade for the most part. I’d like to see Laura and Aran. Expect Begnion Armor Zelgius. Just glad that if he doesn’t show up in that banner. 

BB: I’d like to see Guinivere, Idunn, Murdock, Gonzales, Larum, Cath, Lugh, Hugh or Niime. A Narcian alt with his proper weapon would be appreciated. 

Well, if that's the way it is, then what can we do? I wouldn't worry about it too much, it's nearly November, so these next months will fly by.

Very tempted to send in feedback regarding an Archanean banner...

13 minutes ago, Lau said:

Well, if that's the way it is, then what can we do? I wouldn't worry about it too much, it's nearly November, so these next months will fly by.

Very tempted to send in feedback regarding an Archanean banner...

I’d suggest that you actually send them feedback. I asked for TMS characters shortly after the news dropped. 

If this is really like the Thracia banner post then...more Fates/Awakening alts are coming. Maybe with some Blazing Blade and Sacred Stones squeezed in between. 

Look I'm a huge Tellius fan, but I have no delusions about "equal representation" or anything like that because I'm aware that makes no sense from IS' perspective. Yes, IS could theoretically sell us any banner by just making the units really strong and have good fodder. But that only attracts a certain kind of player. What keeps this game profitable are whales who spend for competitive advantage, and super fans of certain characters who will only spend big on their favourites. It stands to reason then the logical course of action is to make strong units out of more popular characters to bring all the spenders together.

As bad as i feel for fans of FE6 it's not difficult to see how things turned out the way it did. In CYL 2 FE6 didn't have anyone finish in the top 20, (something that if you account for vote splitting in Marth's and the Tellius games, every other game managed to do) and had the 2nd fewest characters in the top 200, only beating Thracia. It's also worth noting 2 of FE6's top 5 (Hector and Idunn) aren't even playable, further highlighting the lack of intrest in the core cast.

As for Tellius, they've largely been gimped by the lack of beast units. PoR/RD obviously trail the 3DS and gba games in popularity but that combined with a hefty % of the most desired units being beasts and thus off the table until IS can be bothered to add them makes for a very unfortunate situation.

23 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I wonder if this announcement would have had less flack if it wasn't made the night a Legendary Banner was announced. They know we have salt to spare.

Maybe they wanted it all to go down at once so we'd get over it sooner. Bold Strategy, we'll see how it works out.

Edited by colossus86

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

I’d suggest that you actually send them feedback. I asked for TMS characters shortly after the news dropped. 

If this is really like the Thracia banner post then...more Fates/Awakening alts are coming. Maybe with some Blazing Blade and Sacred Stones squeezed in between. 

Thracia's damage control was for the Awakening banner, but this just seems like it's damage control for complaints piling up from a very long time

I wonder if this excludes the possibility of a Path of Radiance banner. It probably does as they would've mentioned it's coming earlier if not, but one can hope.

If it's only Radiant Dawn exclusive units, I'll hope for my boy Skrimir! Also Niime for Binding Blade.

33 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Of course there’s going to be mostly salt going around on both of those sites, what did you expect? That, and drawing any conclusions from what goes on at the Gamefaqs message boards is pretty hilarious given it’s one giant, highly toxic dumpster fire.

A cesspool is a cesspool, but this is a cesspool with a voice. 

I honestly don't want to see PoR characters in that banner. It's RD's banner. If they want characters to get in from PoR then have them in PoR's banner, not RD's

On another note, I selfishly hope the RD banner is anything but the Dawn Brigade. They're literally the only playable characters from Tellius i couldn't give a shit about but if it's what we get I hope they at least give them unique Statlines/Niches

Edited by colossus86

43 minutes ago, TheWill said:

I honestly thought Mercakete was trolling, tbh. I'm genuinely surprised people think like this.

People being disappointed is completely natural and from what I've seen (potential sampling bias) on Reddit and Gamefaqs, disappointment in this announcement is the majority reaction.

Stop having this apologetic attitude towards everything IS does. They've made a lot of bad decisions and this is just one of many. 

Hey, if you guys are allowed to be disappointed and sound off on that, then we are allowed to keep being apologetic to the guys who keep gifting us compensation orbs for small errors that may not have even impacted a large group of us, to name one good thing they've done among other updates. They're not perfect, I acknowledge. But at least here, there's SOMETHING to go on instead of waiting without a hint and potentially raising expectations only to get disappointed every new banner until January and/or March, depending on what you're waiting for.

Personally, I'm just gonna preoccupy myself in December playing Smash while I wait. Just gonna enjoy myself instead of crying over spilled milk. :3