FE6 & 10 banners coming out next year

Jingle Jangle

1 minute ago, NoirCore said:

Hey, if you guys are allowed to be disappointed and sound off on that, then we are allowed to keep being apologetic to the guys who keep gifting us compensation orbs for small errors that may not have even impacted a large group of us, to name one good thing they've done among other updates. They're not perfect, I acknowledge. But at least here, there's SOMETHING to go on instead of waiting without a hint and potentially raising expectations only to get disappointed every new banner until January and/or March, depending on what you're waiting for.

Absolutely. You do you, buddy.

Altho with that said... "compensation orbs for small errors" isn't something remotely unique to IS. It's actually very common. In fact, they still haven't refunded the orbs people used for Loki despite their translation mistake. That's pretty bad compared to other Gacha game I've played, but whatever.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, TheWill said:

Absolutely. You do you, buddy.

Altho with that said... "compensation orbs for small errors" isn't something remotely unique to IS. It's actually very common. In fact, they still haven't refunded the orbs people used for Loki despite their translation mistake. That's pretty bad compared to other Gacha game I've played, but whatever.

I've heard folks (maybe Rey?) say FE is more generous with gacha currency than other gacha games. And even then, that's one failed refund out of many gifts of compensation orbs to the point of it becoming a meme.

@dovelairI doubt it. I imagine 3.0 would come with a beast banner that includes Awakefates units alongside the Tellius units.

Edited by NoirCore

Just now, NoirCore said:

I've heard folks (maybe Rey?) say FE is more generous with gacha currency than other gacha games. And even then, that's one failed refund out of many gifts of compensation orbs to the point of it becoming a meme.

IMO, it's in the middle ground. I've played many Gacha game and it's not even close to stingy, but compared to actual generous Gacha games (eg. Star Ocean: Anamesis), it definitely has areas that need work.

3 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

@dovelairI doubt it. I imagine 3.0 would come with a beast banner that includes Awakefates units alongside the Tellius units.

I guess that's possible. I imagine implementing beast units should come as a big announcement. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but hopefully you're right about that!

3 minutes ago, dovelair said:

I guess that's possible. I imagine implementing beast units should come as a big announcement. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but hopefully you're right about that!

Yeah, with how meta-changing beast weapons would be, I'd expect it to come with a huge update over a medium one. That said, I am expecting beast units in 3.0 with how much we've waited, and I will concede with minor disappointment to IS if they don't come in with beasts, but I won't dwell on it if such a thing happens.

So will it be the Dawn Brigade? 

Considering RD was specified and PoR wasn't, I suspect there will be some RD exclusive characters on that banner. But I suspect we'll see a PoR banner before due to PoR not having a banner even longer than RD. 

2 hours ago, Thane said:

I wonder if this excludes the possibility of a Path of Radiance banner. It probably does as they would've mentioned it's coming earlier if not, but one can hope.

If it's only Radiant Dawn exclusive units, I'll hope for my boy Skrimir! Also Niime for Binding Blade.

That's assuming we even get beast units in Heroes by that point. He ranked pretty low compared to most other laguz despite getting a lot of screen time and development so I don't expect him. Niime is an old hag so they aren't going to put her in but she's unique in that she's an old lady so she'd be nice to see.  

2 hours ago, colossus86 said:

On another note, I selfishly hope the RD banner is anything but the Dawn Brigade. They're literally the only playable characters from Tellius i couldn't give a shit about but if it's what we get I hope they at least give them unique Statlines/Niches

Alright then, let's get Lyre, Kyzha, Gareth and Fiona instead. 

Jesus, they really didn't have any plans for Binding Blade until now? That's mind baffling.

3 hours ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Give it time, cynicism only gets worse. I'm afraid I noticed it on my behaviour as well.

I hate how true this is

3 hours ago, TheWill said:

To be fair, that Thracia banner was frankly insulting. The Reinhardt alt... fine. But the treatment of Finn (who's actually one of the few remotely popular Thracia characters), Nanna's treatment compared to the trobadours that followed after her and Leif being overshadowed on his debut banner were infuriating. 

Canas had it worse.

2 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Sheesh, poor IS. They work so hard for the fans, and the "fans" are complaining so much that they have to release a notice to let them know that they're trying to do things how they want them.This product belongs to IS and we get to enjoy it. They aren't under any obligation to listen to us since they're the creators, but they do anyway. Further, as they said in the notice, production of new heroes takes time. No reason to be impatient. And they were even gracious enough to let the fans know that if there's anyone specific they want, to go ahead and send in requests. They're being so kind, and yet they seem so bullied by the people they're working so hard for! I really pity them. I, for one, am grateful that they're doing this for us. I've wondered about what it'd be like if my favorite FE characters got to work together, and that was made into a game I can enjoy. And if you don't like a banner, you can save your orbs for one you do. It really is a lot nicer than people make it seem, even if I agree that there's some tweaking IS could do, (I.e., equal representation in various kinds of banners and in usability for both men and women) this is just my opinion and I recognize that I don't weigh in at business meetings.

That's why I personally think Heroes is the best gacha game.

2 hours ago, colossus86 said:

No one hates Fire Emblem like Fire Emblem fans

Can't tell if this is a sarcasm or not. Either way it's not that far from the truth.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Of course there’s going to be mostly salt going around on both of those sites, what did you expect? That, and drawing any conclusions from what goes on at the Gamefaqs message boards is pretty hilarious given it’s one giant, highly toxic dumpster fire.

Yea, that's a pretty accurate description of Gamefaqs

1 hour ago, NoirCore said:

Personally, I'm just gonna preoccupy myself in December playing Smash while I wait. Just gonna enjoy myself instead of crying over spilled milk. :3

That is a great plan & you should feel proud for coming up with it.

4 months until next Binding Blade banner? Let's see how much orb I can save up. (82 orbs right now). This could be the time when my only missing FE6 unit, V!Lilina reappears.

I am also happy for the Radiant Dawn fans, maybe beast units arrive.

Edited by Garlyle

2 hours ago, TheWill said:

In fact, they still haven't refunded the orbs people used for Loki despite their translation mistake.

Why would they?

For one, it isn't their translation mistake. The localization is almost certainly not done in-house.

Second, how can a player prove that they pulled for Loki because of the translation mistake as opposed to any other reason (because there are a lot of reasons to pull for any particular character)? Refunding the orbs entirely would also be completely unfair unless they also just rolled back your account to before those orbs were spent.

If you were actually affected by it, why not submit a customer service request? If the error were present in every language, there might be some weight to an argument of a blanket compensation (but most certainly not a complete refund), but with the current situation, it makes the most sense to handle this on a case-by-case basis.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Why would they?

For one, it isn't their translation mistake. The localization is almost certainly not done in-house.

Second, how can a player prove that they pulled for Loki because of the translation mistake as opposed to any other reason (because there are a lot of reasons to pull for any particular character)? Refunding the orbs entirely would also be completely unfair unless they also just rolled back your account to before those orbs were spent.

If you were actually affected by it, why not submit a customer service request? If the error were present in every language, there might be some weight to an argument of a blanket compensation (but most certainly not a complete refund), but with the current situation, it makes the most sense to handle this on a case-by-case basis.

I did get refunded, but it was through Google. And it wasn't my orbs, but rather my money. But eh, better than nothing. Pretty sure IS doesn't even remotely handle refunds, from past experiences they just tell you to message Google (basically, it's not their problem). 

From experience with other Gacha games, mistakes in translation or rates (even if the rates didn't remotely effect you), I've received full refunds or at least compensation. Depends how generous the game developers are, I suppose. 

1 hour ago, Icelerate said:

So will it be the Dawn Brigade? 

Considering RD was specified and PoR wasn't, I suspect there will be some RD exclusive characters on that banner. But I suspect we'll see a PoR banner before due to PoR not having a banner even longer than RD. 

Hmmm. . .speculation time~!

I'd really like Leanne/Rafiel, since they're very different refreshers.  Kurthnaga would be great, for more male dragon representation.  Pelleas/senators would be an outside pick, and my dream is the 3-13 archer.

For Binding Blade, all I want is Lugh.

2 minutes ago, TheWill said:

Depends how generous the game developers are, I suppose. 

It more likely depends on who handles the translations.

Based on my limited experience, global releases of games like this on a single server by a single publisher are the exception and not the norm. For localized games, it's more likely that the translations are under the purview of the publisher and typically affect all players, and it would make sense to consider them as part of the base product. However, with a single global release, it's more likely that the translations are outsourced.

Thinking about the FE6 banner. How about any of these?

Red: Dieck, Rutger, Percival, Niime, Lugh
Blue: Miledy, Guinivere
Green: Gonzales, Geese
Colorless: Igrene, Sue, Shin
TT: Gale
GHB: Murdock

I know it's early, but I'd love any of these.

34 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It more likely depends on who handles the translations.

Based on my limited experience, global releases of games like this on a single server by a single publisher are the exception and not the norm. For localized games, it's more likely that the translations are under the purview of the publisher and typically affect all players, and it would make sense to consider them as part of the base product. However, with a single global release, it's more likely that the translations are outsourced.

Ah yeah, true. I was misplacing my blame, it's not the developers fault that they mistranslated Thokk. I should be more lenient considering unlike other Gacha game, FEH releases across multiple languages. 

Half of me just wants the Binding Blade banner to be alt Zephiel (Hasha version, please), alt Narcian (Runesword), Murdock (Tomahawk), and Brunnya (Fimbulvetr).

I wouldn't mind alt Cecilia, Perceval, Douglas, and Elphin, though.

Or Ekhidna, Lalum, Igrene, or Idenn. Or an armor or flying alt Fae. Or Chad or Cath. I guess Lugh can tag along with Chad.

Wow, 2 years time gap between the last new Binding Blade hero and the most recent? Someone should send Nintendo and IntSys a trophy for this achievement... that has a punching bag loaded in it.

3 hours ago, TheWill said:

In fact, they still haven't refunded the orbs people used for Loki despite their translation mistake.

Are you talking about Thokk's skill description? Because if so... what? That's a poor excuse to beg for compensation orbs. I mean, it said that if Foes HP < units HP, which usually means less than. It'd be one thing if it said Foes HP > Units hp +3, which usually means Greater than, but... oh forget it...

Edited by Xenomata

22 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Are you talking about Thokk's skill description? Because if so... what? That's a poor excuse to beg for compensation orbs. I mean, it said that if Foes HP < units HP, which usually means less than. It'd be one thing if it said Foes HP > Units hp +3, which usually means Greater than, but... oh forget it...

Misinformation is absolutely not a poor excuse for compensation. In fact, other games have given more compensation for less. If it was just a typical translation error with no repercussion, then no problem, but this actually mislead people on how it worked in relation to gameplay which is the whole reason why they changed the translation...

Also no need to be snarky, I got my money back so I don't care too much. I only mentioned it because it was contrary to the initial comment which suggested IS often gives compensation to small errors, which in this case... they didn't. IS is not that generous, but they aren't an incarnate of evil like Gumi handling FFBE or FGO's 1% rates, for example.

56 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

The original description is enemy HP less than or equal to unit's HP plus 3. The correct description is enemy HP less than or equal to unit's HP minus 3.

The translation error came about because some idiot couldn't translate "自分よりHPが3以上低い敵" correctly. The phrase literally translates as "compared to self, enemies with HP more than 3 under" or "enemies with HP more than 3 less than one's own HP" in more typical English syntax. It was likely mistranslated as "compared to self, enemies with HP under 3 more than", which I can see happening, but would consider to be a novice mistake.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Hmm this is going to be a while, and we will probably see around three standard banners between now and the radiant dawn one so I wonder what they are going to be based on since we already got fates, awakening and geaneology banners recently, maybe sacred stones, I feel like if they had a PoR banner coming sooner they would have mentioned that instead of radiant dawn unless the very next banner is PoR