FE6 & 10 banners coming out next year

Jingle Jangle

36 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Hmm this is going to be a while, and we will probably see around three standard banners between now and the radiant dawn one so I wonder what they are going to be based on since we already got fates, awakening and geaneology banners recently, maybe sacred stones, I feel like if they had a PoR banner coming sooner they would have mentioned that instead of radiant dawn unless the very next banner is PoR 

If it's a combination between Thracia, Valentia, Sacred Stones, Archanea and Path of Radiance, I'll be happy even though BB and RD are taking so long.

I think we'll get more than three though, wouldn't be surprised if they throw the Nifl siblings somewhere down the line too. Buuuut... I'm pretty sure the next few banners will be a retake on Fates at the very least, but potentially also another Genealogy (gen 2) or Awakening (gen 2) which any of the three will make me roll my eyes. I also think it's too soon for Blazing, but meh... Just a few of the ones I mentioned at start of my post would be perfect.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I do appreciate the devs telling when the banners are coming out, it could have been handled better. So the devs didn't plan out any new FE6 characters since Klein for more than 20 months, just sounds odd. During the 4-5 month process there is  commission 4 pieces per character and approving the final design. Then there's the gameplay mechanic brainstorming, software coding/implementation, balancing, bug testing, and finally preparing for a live version update. With the amount of banners that do come out, I sort of understand where are they coming from. But at the same time, bummed out.

@TheWill @Ice Dragon I still don't think it's that big an issue. So long as the > (greater than) or < (less than) is facing the right way, the skill is still easy to read for me. I didn't even notice a mistake until it was pointed out, and then I had to check again to find the mistake.

At the very least, still a very poor excuse to demand compensation orbs. I was thinking something bigger like Loki wasn't implemented into the game properly.

2 years for a FE6 banner is just ridiculous. Why.  Saying “Heroes take a lot of work” is not a good excuse, either, they could quite easily have made one of the Fates or Awakening banners we had in the past few months a bone for FE6 fans and had the characters that were on them get a March banner instead.  

The only real situation where I’d understand is if they wanted to announce a remake in the March-ish Direct.  But that seems really unlikely, tbh.

on a more personal note:

It’s right after LA rerun too, and that demands my orbs since I never got VRoy...  the gacha gods hate me in that department.

Welp, here’s hoping Wolt’s the gacha demote.  I’ve still got his feather horde all lined up and ready for +10.  If he’s the welfare, here’s hoping they address the welfare merge issue by then.  If he’s gacha 5 (which seems the most unlikely tbh), well, there goes my orbs I guess.

I’m tired.

16 minutes ago, Etheus said:

This is silly to the point of cartoonish. Regular banners shouldn't require a release window on par with an actual video game. In fact, March 2019 is far enough off to possibly coincide with the earliest potential release window for 3 Houses.

I am sure it takes more than 5 to 6 months to make most games. Unless we are talking about simple internet flash games. I am also pretty sure Three Houses didn't start development today.

2 minutes ago, Nanima said:

I am sure it takes more than 5 to 6 months to make most games. Unless we are talking about simple internet flash games. I am also pretty sure Three Houses didn't start development today.

That's not what I'm saying at all. A 5-6 month plus window is the type of window often reserved for the announcement (not development) of an actual game or expansion prior to its release. 

Edited by Etheus

In my opinion, this announcement only threw salt in the injure. "Hey players, do you want some of these units right? Too bad you need to wait for 5 months for it. Until then, enjoy our Christmas Banner and New Year Banner with Awakening and Fates units. See ya!"

Edited by Diovani Bressan

12 minutes ago, Etheus said:

That's not what I'm saying at all. A 5-6 month plus window is the type of window often reserved for the announcement (not development) of an actual game or expansion prior to its release. 

Well Three Houses was announced all the way back in January of 2017. Even if you insist on picking the E3 reveal as the official announcement, that's still more than 5 to 6 months. Which makes it a bad example. Games of that caliber tend to be announced a lot sooner than 5 to 6 months before release. Neither of us have any true insight into their process or how they schedule these banners. Voice actors and artists aren't always immediately available. It's a whole process. While I do think they should have been working on an FE6 and 10 banner much much sooner, I don't find it weird that it'll take them until March if they only decided on it a couple days ago.

Edited by Nanima

9 hours ago, TheWill said:

To quote  Ana, the fact they're making Tellius and especially Binding Blade fans wait so long is utterly ridiculous. I just hope that before the Radiant Dawn banner, we'll grab a Path of Radiance banner before then. If the next few months have another Awakening/Fates banner I'm going to be pretty livid, but at least they're improving their communication and I give them props for that. Even if it's only a response to predicted backlash.

image.png

3 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

image.png

I already stated this isn’t a good excuse.  There have been three Fates banners in the past year.  It isn’t the end of the world to make a FE6 banner instead of one of those and release Flora and co. in March, or something.  The consciously decided, for a year and a half, to not make a FE6 banner.  

10 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I already stated this isn’t a good excuse.  There have been three Fates banners in the past year.  It isn’t the end of the world to make a FE6 banner instead of one of those and release Flora and co. in March, or something.  The consciously decided, for a year and a half, to not make a FE6 banner.  

It probably isn't as guided as that. Generally speaking, development involves multiple patches in development simultaneously by different teams. There is some coordination to ensure that a cohesive overall direction is maintained, but the characters for an entire half year likely aren't dictated all at once. Chances are, each team is assigned a banner as it completes the last one. 

At least that's my speculation from what I've heard of MMO and online gaming development. 

14 minutes ago, Etheus said:

It probably isn't as guided as that. Generally speaking, development involves multiple patches in development simultaneously by different teams. There is some coordination to ensure that a cohesive overall direction is maintained, but the characters for an entire half year likely aren't dictated all at once. Chances are, each team is assigned a banner as it completes the last one. 

At least that's my speculation from what I've heard of MMO and online gaming development. 

I suppose that makes sense, though if it is the case I wish it was more coordinated.  I still feel having to wait two years is kinda silly.

Were... were people really expecting either or both of those any faster than that, by any substantial margin?

People are acting like "they aren't making an FE6 banner for two years" is some big new revelation when we've already seen them not make one for the first 1.75 years of Heroes.

-----

For reference, ignoring alts (except when they're the only time a character appears), these are my counts for characters so far from each game:

FE1/3/11/12: 30 (Marth, Jagen, Cain, Abel, Draug, Gordin, Luke, Roderick, Caeda, Ogma, Barst, Linde, Jeorge, Michalis, Minerva, Maria, Palla, Catria, Est, Merric, Hardin, Camus, Sheena, Young Tiki, Katarina, Clarisse, Legion, Navarre, Wrys, Athena)

FE2/15: 18 (Alm, Lukas, Gray, Tobin, Kliff, Faye, Clair, Clive, Celica, Mae, Boey, Genny, Saber, Leon, Mathilda, Delthea, Sonya, Berkut)

FE4: 19 (Sigurd, Arden, Arvis, Tailtiu, Quan, Ethlin, Ayra, Jamke, Lewyn, Eldigan, Lachesis, Dierdre, Silvia, Seliph, Julia, Ares, Lene, Julius, Ishtar)

FE5: 6 (Leif, Finn, Nanna, Reinhardt, Olwen, Saias)

FE6: 14 (Roy, Lilina, Gwendolyn, Raigh, Cecilia, Klein, Clarine, Zephiel, Narcian, Shanna, Bartre, Fir, Sophia, Fae)

FE7: 22 (Eliwood, Lyn, Hector, Matthew, Serra, Raven, Lucius, Rebecca, Priscilla, Dorcas, Florina, Canas, Karel, Karla, Hawkeye, Ninian, Lloyd, Linus, Jaffar, Ursula, Nino, Legault)

FE8: 13 (Eirika, Ephraim, Seth, Lute, Innes, Tana, Lyon, Valter, Amelia, Joshua, Marisa, L'Arachel, Myrrh)

FE9: 9 (Ike, Titania, Soren, Mist, Oscar, Mia, Elincia, Nephenee, Black Knight)

FE10: 4 (Micaiah, Sothe, Sanaki, Oliver)

FE13: 30 (Chrom, Male Robin, Female Robin, Lissa, Frederick, Sully, Stahl, Sumia, Maribelle, Cordelia, Libra, Gaius, Donnel, Lon'qu, Olivia, Henry, Tharja, Aversa, Walhart, Virion, Cherche, Adult Tiki, Nowi, Lucina, Owain, Inigo, Gerome, Male Morgan, Female Morgan, Noire)

FE14: 44 (Male Corrin, Female Corrin, Azura, Gunter, Felicia, Jakob, Ryoma, Saizo, Kagero, Hinoka, Azama, Setsuna, Takumi, Hinata, Obero, Sakura, Hana, Subaki, Kaze, Garon, Xander, Laslow, Peri, Camilla, Selena, Beruka, Leo, Odin, Niles, Elise, Arthur, Effie, Silas, Charlotte, Flora, Male Kana, Female Kana, Shigure, Shiro, Rhajat, Siegbert, Ophelia, Soleil, Nina)

-----

There are some complications to a game-by-game comparison due to varying cast sizes and overlapping casts between certain games, and this does highlight the need for another FE10 banner, but FE6 is nowhere near as deprived as people act like it is. It hasn't been getting much attention since release, which does mean it doesn't have much in the way of flashy skill sets, but it has more characters than FE8, more characters than the entirety of Tellius, and it's not far behind FE2 or FE4. The standard for recent New Heroes banners has been 4-5 total new characters between the banner and any associated GHB/TT, which means one more banner will most likely catch FE6 up to right around where FE2 and FE4 currently are.

8 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

The second PoR banner was carried by Elincia, with her niche as sword flier, and her only contender back then was Palla, combined with Amiti, PRF brave sword .Zelgius sells because his usability as dual phase armor sword , and because it's the dawn of armor meta, not because his huge fanbase on itself because Micaiah got more votes in CYL. In the end, this is a gacha meant to  sell to whales, with one star in each banner and some other units to keep  the minnows or even planktons to play the game to keep the whales in high tier in arena. 

The usability argument could be applied to Kurthnaga , Nasir or Ena as dragons too have high BST (and usability-wise, is a better counter units because Lightning Breath is inheritable. 

They can make other Tellius units sell in terms of usability to whales, but the question is do sell to the saving minnows  who saved for their bias as well?That is the problem. 

Sorry for being objective and thinks of things from  competitive and business perspective despite actually i'm a rather casual player, but there's my points. 

Elincia isn't popular, sadly. She didn't do well in either CYL poll at all. And my point still was that Tellius banners don't need Ike alts to carry them and these two did fine.

Also, I honestly question whether the amount of money a few whales spend is actually more than what the whole rest of the player base spends put together. Whales are not the majority of the player base since you can't expect a million people to have the income to be whales. I'd say whales probably make up the same percentage of the player base, as, say, Reddit.

IS can't just focus on whales, they have to focus on what the majority of players want for this reason. That way, both whales and lower spenders will give them money.

6 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Alright then, let's get Lyre, Kyzha, Gareth and Fiona instead. 

I mean, I'd be cool if they threw best birb Vika in and finally gave her more character. Like I've said before, Forging Bonds is the best chance to finally give these RD units some proper personality.

I can't say i'm super happy with this news. Fe6 really needs a banner and march is still pretty far away. On the other hand I do like at least knowing that it will take long. It started to get a little annoying to expect fe6 banners and then getting other banners instead.

Fe10 is an a weirder spot. It needs a banner too and the dawn brigade still needs to get in, but fe9 might get a rep in the meantime. So waiting on fe10 is not as problematic.

Its probably not the case, but I hope the waiting game for fe6 banners is a sign of a remake being in the work. like how they can't add many people yet because designs are being updated and voice actors are already being contacted for the remake.  They wait so you don't have heroes and fe6remake characters looking very different from each other. 

I think my biggest complaint is that I was desperately hoping for laguz at the start of next week, and this announcement nearly squashed that hope.  I'm holding onto the thread that maybe the first laguz released will be PoR and that's why they wanted to give forewarning that RD will come eventually, but that's what I'm clinging to at this point.  As @Othin mentioned above, RD has been terribly jipped.

But at this point, I'm thinking if beasts are released at the start of Book III, they'll be Fates/Awakening.  Which is sad, because only one Fates/Awakening beast (Selkie) beat all of the Tellian laguz in combined votes.  So maybe that was why they did this announcement...  But that will hurt.  A lot.

I'll still hope for PoR!  They haven't had a banner in about a year.

Edited by Venmi

3 minutes ago, Venmi said:

I think my biggest complaint is that I was desperately hoping for laguz at the start of next week, and this announcement nearly squashed that hope.  I'm holding onto the thread that maybe the first laguz released will be PoR and that's why they wanted to give forewarning that RD will come eventually, but that's what I'm clinging to at this point.  As @Othin mentioned above, RD has been terribly jipped.

But at this point, I'm thinking if beasts are released at the start of Book III, they'll be Fates/Awakening.  Which is sad, because only one Fates/Awakening beast (Selkie) beat all of the Tellian laguz in combined votes.  So maybe that was why they did this announcement...  But that will hurt.  A lot.

I'll still hope for PoR!  They haven't had a banner in about a year.

I dunno. Seems silly to not have the original laguz be shown before the taguel and the Fates Beasts.

8 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I dunno. Seems silly to not have the original laguz be shown before the taguel and the Fates Beasts.

I agree!  However, I wouldn't put it past IS.  But I'm still hoping.

As for the contents of the two banners:

Excluding CYL and the OCs banner, New Heroes banners have been pretty consistent for the past several months, since around May. A 3-4 character banner, a GHB, and sometimes a TT, with a total of 4-5 new characters:

• Brave Redux (October): Loki/Owain/Kliff/Aversa. Debatable if you count Loki and Owain, but it's a type of CYL anyway.
  • Nohrian Dusk (September): Flora/Ophelia/Nina/Silas/Garon.
  • Doorway to Destiny (September): Lewyn/Quan/Silvia/Jamke/Ethlin.
  • Ylissean Travelers (July): Sumia/Maribelle/Libra/Walhart, plus alt Olivia.
  • Scattered Fangs (June): Karla/Legault/Canas/Linus, plus alt Nino.
  • Genealogy (May): Ishtar/Lene/Ares/Julius.
  • Wings of Fate (April): Highly debatable. If you count m!Kana and f!Kana as separate, count Shigure as a new unit, and count Kaze as being close enough to being a TT unit, it fits.
  • World of Thracia (April): Leif/Nanna/Finn/Saias, plus alt Reinhardt and Olwen.

Despite all the jokes about alts, even the much-derided FE5 banner suggests at least 4 new characters associated with each banner.

-----

That in mind:

For both FE10 and FE6, I think the big highlight is the GHB. Sephiran for FE10, Idunn for FE6. I'll be very surprised if they leave out either one, and quite disappointed.

For FE10, assuming beasts are available, I could see a lineup of something like Ranulf, Geoffrey/Lucia, Jill/Haar, and Nailah. That'd cover a pretty big variety of nations, especially with Sephiran counting for Begnion, and emphasizes characters more prominent in FE10 than FE9. (Nailah doesn't even appear in FE9 at all.) If birds are on the table too, Tibarn could fit in somewhere, although 6 new characters feels too optimistic to me.

If they want to include an alt, Elincia and Sanaki seem like the most fitting candidates, and Elincia could also fill the Crimea role as well as being a flying healer. Geoffrey and Lucia are prominent, but not particularly well-scoring, so we'll have to see how that plays out.

For FE6, the remaining big playable characters seem to be Rutger, Sue, and Gonzalez. Larum (and Elffin) are also possibilities. They'd need some sort of weapon, but I don't think that'd be a problem. Neither of them scored well on CYL, but Lene scored even worse, so that doesn't seem like a dealbreaker, especially for dancers. Larum seems to have a much better shot than Elffin.

Regarding the possibility of an alt, Lilina is the natural choice, probably with Aureola.

So for the most optimistic possibilities within my limits (5 new units, 6 total units, which I don't think have ever actually happened together) plus any laguz being on the table, I could see something like:

• FE10: Elincia/Tibarn/Nailah/Ranulf banner, Haar TT, Sephiran GHB
  • FE6: Lilina/Rutger/Sue/Larum banner, Gonzalez TT, Idunn GHB

Realistically, I don't think it's likely for both of them to have 6 units. It seems pretty rare, but either one seems like it could qualify as a special enough occasion for it, like the FE5 banner. Of course, in being announced ahead of time like the FE5 banner, one could make a case that they're both plenty special. But character lineups were presumably decided a while before they realized the need for the announcement, and they're not quite on the level of the first-ever banner for the last game to get a banner. So who knows.

For 5-character alternatives, depending on how they feel about TTs, alts, and birds, I could see something more like:

• FE10: Nailah/Ranulf/Haar/Lucia banner, Sephiran GHB
  • FE6: Lilina/Rutger/Sue/Gonzalez banner, Idunn GHB

Those feel a bit more likely to me, personally.

Lot of possibilities, but I'd be plenty happy with anything in this vein.