FE6 & 10 banners coming out next year

Jingle Jangle

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Well it has been so long since Fates has had a banner.  Plus we just got a Binding blade banner....oh wait we never had one.  We did have a Radiant Dawn banner....um let's see, oh yeah January...like almost a year ago.  

Fair representation am I right?

I may be tarred and feathered for this, but no, I don't think you are right. I mean, I get that Fates is more recent and well-known, but two banners in a couple of months compared to those games being lucky to get a banner a year seems kind of slanted in Fates' favour.

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

Are you a fellow Perceval fan or appreciating the sentiment? :)

Bit of both I guess, but definitely a big fan of Percival. He's probably my second favorite male character from the series and top 5 overall.

1 minute ago, bottlegnomes said:

Bit of both I guess, but definitely a big fan of Percival. He's probably my second favorite male character from the series and top 5 overall.

He's not quite so high for me, but he's still up there. It's such a huge cast. I like his looks and his personality... although I tend to ship him with Cecilia because I'm a mad shipper xD

I always get him as early as I can in the game :D

10 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

He's not quite so high for me, but he's still up there. It's such a huge cast. I like his looks and his personality... although I tend to ship him with Cecilia because I'm a mad shipper xD

I always get him as early as I can in the game :D

I'd be lying if I said it weren't for rather silly reasons he's that high for me :P

Also, same on him and Cecilia! They make such a cute couple.

And yeah, the only reason I'd hold off on recruiting him is if I ever motivated myself enough to play FE6 HM just so I could get those sweet HM bonuses.

1 hour ago, bottlegnomes said:

I'd be lying if I said it weren't for rather silly reasons he's that high for me :P

Also, same on him and Cecilia! They make such a cute couple.

And yeah, the only reason I'd hold off on recruiting him is if I ever motivated myself enough to play FE6 HM just so I could get those sweet HM bonuses.

Yup lol. I actually have never played it on hard because I am a wuss... but I'd probably still recruit him early.

Nothing wrong with silly reasons. Kent's my ultimate favourite because he's good looking, loyal, one of the few guys who seems to follow his wife instead of dragging her with him... and his conversation with Farina is my all time favourite support :D Silly reasons are the best reasons ^.^

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

Good. They're a cute couple

They really are. It still pains me I can't support her with him right now >.<

2 hours ago, Jingle Bells said:

Will all of the attention that Fates receives years later. It makes me wonder how long we are going to have Three Houses banners and alts? I'm sure we are going to that bridge eventually for better or worse.

You know what's funny?
Just based on popularity and sales Fates isn't the best entry to appeal to the existing fanbase. Awakening was the game that exposed a wider audience to Fire Emblem and it saved the entire franchise back in 2013 (for better or worse), being critically acclaimed even.

Yet Awakening didn't get that many seasonal Alts during 2018 (Cordelia and Noire, with the latter being entirely new) and only had 2 banners to expand their roster.
Meanwhile Fates has alts in almost every seasonal banner (excluding Christmas, Valentine and Bridal) and receiving far more units (Children of Fate, Wings of Fate, Nohrian Dusk). Like ... huh?

Okay prediction time!

FE6 banner: Sophia alt with Apocalypse, Fae alt as a green armoured dragon with 180 BST, Milady and Guinivere. 

GHB: Idoun

TT reward: Rutger

3 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

I'm guessing your favourite is Camus right? 

4 hours ago, Baldrick said:

I may be tarred and feathered for this, but no, I don't think you are right. I mean, I get that Fates is more recent and well-known, but two banners in a couple of months compared to those games being lucky to get a banner a year seems kind of slanted in Fates' favour.

You do realize he was being sarcastic, right...?  Unless you were also being sarcastic and I failed to notice.

After seeing tomorrow’s banner, this announcement feels even more like the damage control that it is.  Really IS, we just got a Fates banner a month ago.  VARIETY, please, that’s all people ask.

10 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

After seeing tomorrow’s banner, this announcement feels even more like the damage control that it is.  Really IS, we just got a Fates banner a month ago.  VARIETY, please, that’s all people ask.

Don't worry, I'm sure we'll see Awakening again soon. It's been since July yet the game that saved the franchise still hasn't gotten another banner since summer. 

4 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Don't worry, I'm sure we'll see Awakening again soon. It's been since July yet the game that saved the franchise still hasn't gotten another banner since summer. 

Forget Awakening, where’s FE7?  I’m dying of Lyn alt starvation.

even though it was sarcastic, that sentence hurt to type...

24 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I'm guessing your favourite is Camus right? 

No <_<, I mean how'd you know?, I mean, yeah. Even he's a little vain in that I mostly love paladins and Camus, specifically Echoes Zeke, has my absolute favorite design of any paladin. I do like him as a character as well, even if I think as a person he was being short-sighted. Im a bit of a sucker for tragic characters and Camus is very much that, even fitting Greek tragedy down to the whole fatal flaw thing, his being overly strong loyalty.

2 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Yup lol. I actually have never played it on hard because I am a wuss... but I'd probably still recruit him early.

Nothing wrong with silly reasons. Kent's my ultimate favourite because he's good looking, loyal, one of the few guys who seems to follow his wife instead of dragging her with him... and his conversation with Farina is my all time favourite support :D Silly reasons are the best reasons ^.^

They really are. It still pains me I can't support her with him right now >.<

As I'm sure you guessed, a lot of my love comes from the same reasons as Camus/Zeke. Basically, the only reason he's behind is because I don't like his design quite as much :P Funnily enough, until Echoes and Heroes, Percival was my favorite just because he was playable.

Edited by bottlegnomes

7 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Forget Awakening, where’s FE7?  I’m dying of Lyn alt starvation.

even though it was sarcastic, that sentence hurt to type...

I think we're going to get Mani Katti Lyn on a banner with Kent, Sain and Rath. I do unironically want a Lyn with Mani Katti alt though not atm. The only way I'm okay with alts on new hero banners is if we get three new characters and only 1 alt. 

What's your prediction on the number of alts on the BB banner? I'm going with two to parallel Thracia. I hope it's not the case. But IS has reached a new low so two alts wouldn't even be the worst thing they've done. 

Also, alts should show something canon about the character that is different from the original version. For example, light sage Micaiah would have a different design and different outlook on morality and justice than the original version in Heroes which would be cool. 

2 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

No <_<, I mean how'd you know?, I mean, yeah. Even he's a little vain in that I mostly love paladins and Camus, specifically Echoes Zeke has my absolute favorite design of any paladins. I do like him as a character as well, even if I think as a person he was being short-sighted. Im a bit of a sucker for tragic characters and Camus is very much that, even fitting Greek tragedy down to the whole fatal flaw thing, his being overly strong loyalty.

As I'm sure you guessed, a lot of my love comes from the same reasons as Camus/Zeke. Basically, the only reason he's behind is because I don't like his design quite as much :P Funnily enough, until Echoes and Heroes, Percival was my favorite just because he was playable.

I mean you write huge essays defending his character so I thought it was obvious. 

4 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I think we're going to get Mani Katti Lyn on a banner with Kent, Sain and Rath. I do unironically want a Lyn with Mani Katti alt though not atm. The only way I'm okay with alts on new hero banners is if we get three new characters and only 1 alt. 

What's your prediction on the number of alts on the BB banner? I'm going with two to parallel Thracia. I hope it's not the case. But IS has reached a new low so two alts wouldn't even be the worst thing they've done. 

Also, alts should show something canon about the character that is different from the original version. For example, light sage Micaiah would have a different design and different outlook on morality and justice than the original version in Heroes which would be cool. 

12 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Eh, I personally don’t really care about Lyn, if a hypothetical FE7 banner has to have a lord alt I’d much rather it be lance cav Eliwood since despite being THE main guy of FE7’s plot, even in Hector mode, he’s been pretty shafted in Heroes.  Rest of the banner I’d like Nils, Fiora, and Farina with Erk TT and Nergal GHB?

FE6 banner, I imagine there will be a Roy alt since according to IS he’s the only thing  that exists in it.  I kinda doubt a Lilina alt, but it’s possible I guess.  I’d like no alts with Guinevere or Idoun as the showcase 5*, though.  But even if there are alts, if Wolt’s gachas demote I think I’ll be happy anyway because it means my pre-stache’d Feathers have a purpose and I can actually use them for what I want to use them for.

I’d like to see Light Priestess Micaiah as a Legendary at some point, but I’d rather she not take up space on a new Hero banner.  I love Micaiah, but new should mean new.

15 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I mean you write huge essays defending his character so I thought it was obvious. 

I was mostly just joking around. But sorta. I am more inclined to ramble on about characters I like, but a big chunk of those are more inspired by a probably silly compulsion to make a case for things where I think the character is being unfairly characterized or criticized rather than a specific affection for the character. For as much time as I spent defending here and there Surtr, I don't actually like him at all, and for as much as I adore Palla, I don't think I've done any massive character posts on her.

That was probably even an unnecessarily long response to a rather straightforward statement :P

2 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

I was mostly just joking around. But sorta. I am more inclined to ramble on about characters I like, but a big chunk of those are more inspired by a probably silly compulsion to make a case for things where I think the character is being unfairly characterized or criticized rather than a specific affection for the character. For as much time as I spent defending here and there Surtr, I don't actually like him at all, and for as much as I adore Palla, I don't think I've done any massive character posts on her.

That was probably even an unnecessarily long response to a rather straightforward statement :P

Well you defended Ashnard a lot more than Surtr in a thread that was about Surtr so it's obvious you don't like Surtr. 

2 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Eh, I personally don’t really care about Lyn, if a hypothetical FE7 banner has to have a lord alt I’d much rather it be lance cav Eliwood since despite being THE main guy of FE7’s plot, even in Hector mode, he’s been pretty shafted in Heroes.  Rest of the banner I’d like Nils, Fiora, and Farina with Erk TT and Nergal GHB?

FE6 banner, I imagine there will be a Roy alt since according to IS he’s the only thing  that exists in it.  I kinda doubt a Lilina alt, but it’s possible I guess.  I’d like no alts with Guinevere or Idoun as the showcase 5*, though.  But even if there are alts, if Wolt’s gachas demote I think I’ll be happy anyway because it means my pre-stache’d Feathers have a purpose and I can actually use them for what I want to use them for.

I’d like to see Light Priestess Micaiah as a Legendary at some point, but I’d rather she not take up space on a new Hero banner.  I love Micaiah, but new should mean new.

If Eliwood is to get an alt, he should come with other Pheraen characters such as Isadora, Harken, Lowen and Marcus. I don't think Eliwood's been shafted by IS. It's the fanbase that threw their votes to Lyn and Hector instead of the true main character of FE7. He's also important in Lyn mode and had a cool entrance. Maybe now FE7 fans will go for Eliwood on CYL3 due to being the only lord not winning CYL? 

But recently, IS loves to put in armoured trainee dragons for arena whale bait. I think Fae will be added as an armoured dragon 180 BST making all the whales and dragon loli lovers go wild. I don't think Wolt has a chance tbh. 

Do you think we'll see BB every two years because it took two years to add a banner for that game? Hopefully we see one every year at least. I think every single game deserves at least one banner per year.

Here's another rage inducing FE6 banner idea: Adult Hector, adult Eliwood and old man Karel. 

Edited by Icelerate

On 10/30/2018 at 2:04 AM, silveraura25 said:

Thracia's damage control was for the Awakening banner, but this just seems like it's damage control for complaints piling up from a very long time

After seeing the new Fates banner, I believe they did mention FE6 and FE10 as damage control for the wave of alts that are coming, mainly from Fates/Awakening. 

8 hours ago, Baldrick said:

As was said it was sarcasm. 

1 hour ago, Icelerate said:

Well you defended Ashnard a lot more than Surtr in a thread that was about Surtr so it's obvious you don't like Surtr. 

If Eliwood is to get an alt, he should come with other Pheraen characters such as Isadora, Harken, Lowen and Marcus. I don't think Eliwood's been shafted by IS. It's the fanbase that threw their votes to Lyn and Hector instead of the true main character of FE7. He's also important in Lyn mode and had a cool entrance. Maybe now FE7 fans will go for Eliwood on CYL3 due to being the only lord not winning CYL? 

But recently, IS loves to put in armoured trainee dragons for arena whale bait. I think Fae will be added as an armoured dragon 180 BST making all the whales and dragon loli lovers go wild. I don't think Wolt has a chance tbh. 

Do you think we'll see BB every two years because it took two years to add a banner for that game? Hopefully we see one every year at least. I think every single game deserves at least one banner per year.

Here's another rage inducing FE6 banner idea: Adult Hector, adult Eliwood and old man Karel. 

Eliwood’s the only one of the three to not have a legendary alt, his launch self was 3-4 while Hector/Lyn were locked to 5, and he was the one condemned to Tempest hell during LA, so... yeah he feels shafted to me.  

Being a Wolt Fangirl is suffering.  FWIW Wolt did score pretty well in that old FE6 poll in Japan (8th) so I feel even if he’s not in the first FE6 banner set he’s likely for the second... if it ever exists.  I feel next year may be a bit more balanced than this year was after all the backlash over the lack of diversity this year, so I feel the gap between the first and second FE6 banners might not be as big as two years.  I don’t think one banner per game per year is doable unless they dial back seasonal though.

please no

edit: also fwiw Idoun only has 2 move (which unlike every other boss she actually uses her move) in FE6 so I can easily see her being armored if they wanna arenawhale bait.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

I was just reading some of the Japanese comments on the Twitter post for the current trailer and just saw one that roughly translates as "Binding Blade and Radiant Dawn fans, don't worry! This just means when those banners come out, their skills will just be even more broken!"

And, I mean, this guy is probably not wrong, either.

59 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Eliwood’s the only one of the three to not have a legendary alt, his launch self was 3-4 while Hector/Lyn were locked to 5, and he was the one condemned to Tempest hell during LA, so... yeah he feels shafted to me.

An Eliwood legendary would be wonderful. I'd especially kill for papa Eliwood, but that's unlikely. About the only other legendary I might want to see more than him is Seliph since both really don't have anything going for them.

5 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

You do realize he was being sarcastic, right...?  Unless you were also being sarcastic and I failed to notice.

2 hours ago, Lewyn said:

As was said it was sarcasm. 

So you were actually implying that the respresentation wasn’t fair at all? Hm, I think we might be in agreement then!

I realised, but I was pretending not to for a laugh

As for characters I want... I want the DB, especially Nolan with Null Special (since Guard is in need of an upgrade). Etruria (sic) is underrepresented for Elibe in general, I want the other generals and the prince formerly known as Mildain.