Genealogy of the Holy War Valkyrie Staff Help

stevenpaul256

So, I'm replaying Genealogy of the Holy War again and was wondering about the Valkyrie staff. I've never used it before (either because I never had to or wasn't able to pass it down) on my past playthrough, so I don't know the details of how it works. I've looked some stuff up, so here's what I understand:

- it can only be used at the very start of a turn and the user has to be in the base castle

- it can be repaired and reused 

- it can be used on anyone who has died within the current generation

Correct me if any of this is wrong, but my question is this: does the revived character return with all items they had when they died, or are they lost and their inventory emptied? I made a pairing that I've decided I don't want, so I was going to kill them and revive them to undo this. I forgot to empty their inventory before killing them, so I want to make sure I've not lost those items. 

Also, as a side note, I know that killing them will remove the pairing, but when they are revived, do they return with love points cleared, or should I wait to form a new pairing before reviving them? I'm pretty sure that lover points are cleared for the revived character, but I'd appreciate a definite answer. 

Thanks. 

Edited by stevenpaul256

35 minutes ago, stevenpaul256 said:

Correct me if any of this is wrong, but my question is this: does the revived character return with all items they had when they died, or are they lost and their inventory emptied? I made a pairing that I've decided I don't want, so I was going to kill them and revive them to undo this. I forgot to empty their inventory before killing them, so I want to make sure I've not lost those items. 

Also, as a side note, I know that killing them will remove the pairing, but when they are revived, do they return with love points cleared, or should I wait to form a new pairing before reviving them? I'm pretty sure that lover points are cleared for the revived character, but I'd appreciate a definite answer.

They return like they has never die, everything stay the same, items, love points, pairing if they were paired before death.

6 hours ago, hanhnn said:

They return like they has never die, everything stay the same, items, love points, pairing if they were paired before death. 

When a unit dies, their love gets erased, along with their partner's love with them, right? And then it comes back when they are revived. Does this apply to both male and female characters? 

For example, if Ayra and Holyn are paired, will killing one of them remove the love from both of them (at least until they are revived), be it Ayra or Holyn that were killed? Or does this only apply if the female unit is killed? 

What I mean is, if Holyn is killed, does Ayra retain her love for him? Or does the love get erased whether it is Ayra or Holyn that is killed?

Edited by stevenpaul256

21 minutes ago, stevenpaul256 said:

When a unit dies, their love gets erased, along with their partner's love with them, right? And then it comes back when they are revived. Does this apply to both male and female characters? 

For example, if Ayra and Holyn are paired, will killing one of them remove the love from both of them (at least until they are revived), be it Ayra or Holyn that were killed? Or does this only apply if the female unit is killed? 

What I mean is, if Holyn is killed, does Ayra retain her love for him? Or does the love get erased whether it is Ayra or Holyn that is killed?

If they are paired, then it stays like that even if you don't revive the dead unit, and you can't pair the alive unit to anyone else.

If Holyn is killed, Ayra still gives birth to the twin Skasaha and Lakche, but their stats are now weaker than if Holyn is alive.

1 hour ago, hanhnn said:

If they are paired, then it stays like that even if you don't revive the dead unit, and you can't pair the alive unit to anyone else.

If Holyn is killed, Ayra still gives birth to the twin Skasaha and Lakche, but their stats are now weaker than if Holyn is alive.

Ah, okay, I understand now. Thank you so much!