Legendary Hero Battle - Eirika: Graceful Resolve

Landmaster

@mcsilas @mampfoid @DLNarshen @SatsumaFSoysoy @Alexmender @Landmaster @Diovani Bressan @Quintessence @silverserpent @Xenomata @eclipse @daisy jane @Ginko

Last ones for today, this is a double upload with still some to go. I did manage to get the Eirika ones done which were what I planned to do. 

First we have the Serra clear I was planning on doing. This one was actually pretty tricky and initially I tried with Serra's Absorb build but she lacked the punch (and of course CC) to kill units before she was overwhelmed so I ended up sticking with her hyperoffense build, but she needed to go Razzle Dazzle instead of Chill RES due to some key encounters. The biggest headscratchers though were finding the right spot for her to get hit so she could go into Brazen Range and also the right order of which to kill the enemies to the south with Eliwood and Fae. The wrong order would allow either of the two to die or for Serra/Azura to be panic'ed which spelled doom for the team. 

Once we found the right order positioning was still a very important component as we needed to be able to take out Eirika since she could oneshot anyone except Serra who wouldn't be able to keep herself alive without CC+Absorb so tanking specific hits was a very tricky affair. But of course we made it work as you'll see here.

Next we have a clear that is literal months in the making. It's probably the longest standing undone clear in my backlog. This was a clear I wanted to do when Eirika first debuted but I didn't have what I needed to do it. It's an FE8 special clear with L!Ephraim that I've been trying to do for a millenia. The problem was always that I needed a green unit with DC but I wasn't able to make it work otherwise. Initially I had the team of Ephraim/Innes/Lute/Myrrh. Fast forward to the present and he roadblocks remained the same. That is, until I finally swapped out Myrrh for an FE8 unit that was recently given DC: Amelia. It felt a bit like cheating since she's part of my Morgan team but she is an FE8 unit and she worked perfectly here. Still I was roadblocked until I just experimented and swapped out Lute for S!Tana which not only had the WTA I needed to win a certain encounter but just the right C skill to help seal the clear.

It's not 100% how I envisioned it in my head, but I'm happy with it all the same and satisfied to finally close the book on all planned clears before my initial retirement.

That's all for today. We still have Yune, Hrid and some other clears that I have left but we're making progress.

Cheers~

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did a double take on where this topic was.

Awesome clears @Zeo! Serra sure wrecked things once she was in Brazen range, I can't help repeating but Brazen strategies are one of my favourites in this game. Defeating Eirika was a highlight. I chuckled a bit at how Fae trapped the cavaliers down the bottom after Serra dealt with the blue mage. Also nice use of the ninelie song!

As for the Sacred Stones clear, I was really impressed by the final fight against the Eirika boss, it's nice when base kit skills are key, so Summer Tana sure helped out and even then Ephraim needed Death Blow as well. Amelia is sure looking lovely decked out with the DC and VF combo!

@Zeo

Serra really dominated in this one. I think this was one of her better showcasings with how many kills she got. Awesome work!

Your FE8 Clear did not disappoint, either. Ephraim gets to Galeforcing down below, while Innes snipes pretty much everything with a Brave Bow and Amelia tanks to the moon AND throws off plenty of Bignis to go around. And Ephraim gets the well place final kill on his sister. Well done and worth the wait!

• 3 months later...

@Zeo Really late but Serra did a really good job holding the chokepoint. Not something you'd expect from a gen 1 infantry healer, but all those buffs get her there.

Sorry I didn't really watch much of anything in here, I wasn't very active in this period of time I think.

It's been like over a year, but I finally managed to clear this one's Abyssal. This one wasn't very kind to most of my options, and I gave up pretty much. I couldn't even figure out Celica three dancers, actually. I decided to try again on a whim yesterday, and Hilda the queen was the answer I needed all along.

@mcsilas @Landmaster @Alexmender @LordFrigid

Also @eclipse should this topic be moved to War Room?

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

On 2/28/2020 at 8:54 PM, LordFrigid said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy

I’m not sure what made my jaw drop lower: when you tripped almost all the reinforcements at once after carefully avoiding killing much of anything for so long, or when Hilda wiped the floor with the lot of them. Nice work on that clear!

I don't think it was possible for me to delay the reinforcements any longer there... I just made sure to clear the bottom out first. Hilda is strong, and I still had room to optimize.

I also could never beat this one. This was technically the first Abyssal I ever cleared but it was just a convoluted near 80-turn variation of a PM1 guide. I almost didn’t beat it this time either, but finally, the last Abyssal I needed to have Elise Emblem beat them all is done!~

Not too much needed here, Nowi needed R Tomebreaker for the faster of the two tomes, S!Elise needed to flex a new B Skill, OG!Elise had to forgo her Dazzling, and just needed Swordbreaker on HS!Elise to get rid of the final boss.

On 2/28/2020 at 4:42 PM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Really late but Serra did a really good job holding the chokepoint. Not something you'd expect from a gen 1 infantry healer, but all those buffs get her there.

Sorry I didn't really watch much of anything in here, I wasn't very active in this period of time I think.

It's been like over a year, but I finally managed to clear this one's Abyssal. This one wasn't very kind to most of my options, and I gave up pretty much. I couldn't even figure out Celica three dancers, actually. I decided to try again on a whim yesterday, and Hilda the queen was the answer I needed all along.

Huddling in the corner is a valid strategy and you made it work to your advantage having Kagero snipe while Cordelia ran over everyone like a truck. Hilda walling off the opponents got a bit dicey there, y’all were really making her work on this one. But the enemies really could not handle her best. Really impressive clear!

On 3/7/2020 at 5:33 PM, Landmaster said:

Huddling in the corner is a valid strategy and you made it work to your advantage having Kagero snipe while Cordelia ran over everyone like a truck. Hilda walling off the opponents got a bit dicey there, y’all were really making her work on this one. But the enemies really could not handle her best. Really impressive clear!

I don't think I had any shot of not huddling in the corner... The bottom reinforcements always screw me up without fail.

I love Hilda. The only problem with her is that timeskip Hilda might come and just be better.

I see your Nowi was able to push quite far instead, though. And you paced the reinforcements very well, too. Nice clear.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Super late but I didn't forget!

Interesting how the red mage targeted Cordelia instead of Hilda. Did you feel Cordelia's resplendent boosts helped? Aether Hilda was amazing holding that chokepoint! Reinforcements appearing all at once was scary though lol

@Landmaster Blue Elise continues to be a powerhouse with the self-healing. Interesting how you needed specific breakers but whatever gets the job done!

• 5 months later...
On 3/7/2020 at 5:33 PM, Landmaster said:

I also could never beat this one. This was technically the first Abyssal I ever cleared but it was just a convoluted near 80-turn variation of a PM1 guide. I almost didn’t beat it this time either, but finally, the last Abyssal I needed to have Elise Emblem beat them all is done!~

Not too much needed here, Nowi needed R Tomebreaker for the faster of the two tomes, S!Elise needed to flex a new B Skill, OG!Elise had to forgo her Dazzling, and just needed Swordbreaker on HS!Elise to get rid of the final boss.

Nowi took on a lot of green enemies! I hope she gets her refine soon~

I am glad the dagger user had Watersweep so Micaiah couldn't get doubled. I didn't intend to do this with three green units, but it just worked out that way. Lilith's teleporting makes her fun to use!

@Flying Shogi

Edited by GuiltyLove

4 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

I am glad the dagger user had Watersweep so Micaiah couldn't get doubled. I didn't intend to do this with three green units, but it just worked out that way. Lilith's teleporting makes her fun to use!

@Flying Shogi

Lilith's ability to warp looks fun. While I'm not one to change ally supports often, I might start using her in clears should the situation lends itself. 

Funny how enemy skills help you out sometimes. 

Got another Abyssal map done. AI can be weird sometimes since the dagger unit with phantom speed did not feel like going after NY!Anna when she had a healing special but if she had an attacking one like Glimmer he was fine with attacking then.

@GuiltyLove - Lilith is really cool to have able to jump around so freely. The ranged Fliers were a big help here to help Myrrh out. Watersweep saving Micaiah was super clutch.

@NSSKG151 - NY!Anna EPing all those enemies on Turn 3 was crazy. She is quite the champ. The other Annas impressed as always but I wasn’t expecting such a ruthless display, very awesome!

• 2 years later...

This is the oldest LHB I still had to complete even once (Lady Luck wanted me to drop the game EVERY TIME it returned, I'm not joking), and what's better than a Jamke solo to close this one off?