Legendary Hero Battle - Eirika: Graceful Resolve

Landmaster

Have beaten Abyssal with Sonya, L!Ephraim and 2 dancers. This just could not be done with Sonya and 3 dancers for me. The space is to limited.
But I am still proud of her. She may have cost me a faster Rinkah merge. But she was worth the investment. I just had to switch from odd Atk wave to Savage blow on her C slot this time.

Edited by Stroud

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normal and Hard cleared with low HM units.

Lunatic cleared with Reinhardt, Zweihardt, Gronnwen and Veronica, 

Infernal.... Man I think I'll need a guide. I already cleared this yesterday, but I am just stuck with Infernal.

10 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

@mampfoid SO MUCH EVERYTHING

This was easily the hardest Abyssal map I've done so far. The enemies of pretty much every variety really put the roundedness of my team to the test, and I had to get really creative with positioning.

The biggest pain in the neck was the Axe Cavalier with Lunge who kept pulling F!Grima into Eirika's range, and the damage output of F!Grima herself became a detriment when the only thing blocking said Axe Cavalier was the Axe Knight with Wary Fighter who I had to purposely avoid killing until I could land a hit on Eirika. Especially frustrating was that Eirika would survive the Growing Wind bomb with 1 HP until I remembered I had a Drive Atk seal, but after correcting that and erasing the pseudo-Black Luna threat, F!Grima could freely tank the remaining enemies.

The last headache was the Thief at the end with Iceberg who happened to stand in just the right place to hit people other than F!Grima with his nuke, but once I remember B!Ninian could warp and finish off his friend, everyone else was free to rush him down.

This was an epic showdown. Nice seeing Groom Marth here, I rarely see him used (I'd use him a lot more myself if I hadn't missed his 5* version >_>) but I liked this clear. Honestly anyone who can do this without choking should be commended~

Well I don't normally share videos, but I figured since I cleared it so easily and that Sieg only did standard red murdering that I could sub in Seth and have a Sacred Stones Themed clear. Needed to get Seth up to 37+6 speed which meant he needed to be +2(or +SPD) and have Life and Death.

Also warning the Audio is ridiculously load. I really need to figure out how to turn it down in recording. I recommend dropping the volume to just about where it shuts off. Maybe I just keep my speakers up too loud, but you have been warned.

5 hours ago, Usana said:

Well I don't normally share videos, but I figured since I cleared it so easily and that Sieg only did standard red murdering that I could sub in Seth and have a Sacred Stones Themed clear. Needed to get Seth up to 37+6 speed which meant he needed to be +2(or +SPD) and have Life and Death.

Also warning the Audio is ridiculously load. I really need to figure out how to turn it down in recording. I recommend dropping the volume to just about where it shuts off. Maybe I just keep my speakers up too loud, but you have been warned.

I'm jealous seeing so many people get this with such ease but I did like this theme clear. Galeforce Desperation Ephraim is pretty devastating~

Abyssal Eirika in one turn: 

Cordelia + 3 dancers, but its's not like that! ^^'  This one gave me many head-scratching moments, most of my other Galeforce units can't kill much here. 

Lucky me, both Micaiah and Shigure are +ATK. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

23 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

This was easily the most vexing one-turn thus far. I was especially annoyed at the end, looking for an A Passive that would keep Caeda above 70% by the time Eirika got to her (at this point I had it worked out such that she was the only obstacle), I tried a bunch of flat Def boosting passives before flicking through the Inherit Skill A Passive filter and randomly having it stop on Triangle Adept. I headdesk-ed. Also, praise be to the Axe Armor’s Brave Axe.

Caeda having 49 SPD without A- and S-slot is really crazy, not getting doubled by abyssal Eirika is already an achievement.  The combination of Pavise and SPD  smoke paid off, good idea. Congrats beating this so fast. It took me way longer this time. 

I had something similar in mind, with Cordelia  killing Lance Fighter, Thief,  Red mage and my Airzura killing the Lance Flier. But Cordelia couldn't reach the mage (because of Drag Back) and I don't have anyone that could kill the Knight and Eirika.  

21 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

@mampfoid SO MUCH EVERYTHING

So much video ... 11 minutes! 

Grima takes on everyone already in the beginning with Veronica boldly tanking a Raven mage. Grima ate soooo many Moonbows by the Flier, it's cruel to let Marth steal the kill (at 1 HP lol). 

Nice combination of WoM to save Marth but also to bring Ninian into position for the red mage (I think with Glimmer she would have killed him with 1 blow). The choke point is already classic, good thing Grima took some time to kill the Knight, blocking the way for all the other units. 

Pretty exact boss kill by Grima (with Ninian + her own AOE weaken Eirika up), but the most thrilling moment was the Axe Cav lunging Grima into the middle of the final enemy wave. 

Congrats, cool stuff! 

16 hours ago, Hilda said:

Askrtrio & Veronica vs Annoying Eirika Abyssal:

Lol, that Savage Blow time-lapse was hilarious. Looks like you practiced dead-locks in Relay Defense. Wow 37 turns, that's a marathon, congrats! 

10 hours ago, Usana said:

Welcome on board! 

Impressive, Myrhh and Ephraim are really heavy hitters. Very nice theme too, poor Ephraim had to kill the evil clone of his twin. 

Galeforce on Ephraim works great, best special for him (and nearly everyone, you now I'm biased here ^^). I didn't notice Desperation on him until the end, really an evil combination. 

I can imagine the dialog between Ephraim and Seth: "Ok, I did my kills here now draw me in this direction", "Get away, I need to double this guy". (Ok, it's not a real dialogue...)

Congrats! 

@mampfoid

That was awesome! Raven/Adept Shigure worked wonders. Excellent timing on Cordelia's Galeforce activation as well. I kind of wish I had a Micaiah (Summer's Dawn) now.

19 hours ago, Landmaster said:

I'm convinced you can one-turn any map~ The Passive on Caeda was actually pretty cool~

Thanks! The skill set was certainly...unique. I never thought I'd use a loadout like that.

33 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I can imagine the dialog between Ephraim and Seth: "Ok, I did my kills here now draw me in this direction", "Get away, I need to double this guy". (Ok, it's not a real dialogue...)

Congrats! 

I was more imagining that poor Seth had the job of trying to hold Ephraim back and then just giving up because we all know how easy it is to hold Ephraim back from a fight. Just imagine Ephraim going 'Let me at em!' all Scrappy like.

And wow those kills were awfully close for your dancers.

Finally, after going at this NON-STOP, I finally beat Abyssal by choking with the same units as before (B!Ephraim, Silvia, H!Nowi, Silvia) but I had to do some serious skill grinding and meet some insane requirements. There was no way I was recording that 80 turn battle so apologies in advance for the ramble.

Spoiler

I originally didn't use Wary Fighter on Ephraim but he needed it here. I also had to have Threaten Atk because the Poison Strike on the Blue Lance was doing too much. He also needed Aegis because no matter what I do, the Bow Cav always goes to the top of the map to attack him so I had to have some way to eat those hits while he slowly killed himself with Fury.

Silvia kept the Spur Def 2 and 1 from before and Ethlyn kept Savage Blow and Drive Def 1 (really would have been a lot easier if I could have upgraded those seals). H!Nowi also didn't need anything, but I had to constantly make sure she had Luna ready at specific times or it would screw everything up (Ex. She needed it to kill the Bow Cav once he reached below 36 HP).

So I basically had Ethlyn and occasionally Nowi get some chip damage and I knew that I couldn't kill that Lance user but I also didn't realize the Peg Lance also spawned new enemies so she had to stay around, too. Once I got the Bow Cav to spawn, I let him kill himself with Fury while also getting Nowi down to 1 HP with his AOE Special. Once Nowi killed him, we chipped again to get rid of the Red Mage. 

Once it was just the two lances, Eirika, and the Green Fridge left, I Swap-Dance-Reposition hid in the bottom area where the horses spawn because I needed to get Eirika to come down and keep Ephraim out of her range. So I let Nowi get down to 1 Cooldown on Luna by killing them and then Swapping her in front of the Lances. She has Close Counter and was in Vantage range and because she needs Luna to kill the Peg, they just kamikaze themselves into her right after each other.

AND ETHLYN NOW GETS A GOLDEN FEH, BLESS

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Abyssal Eirika in one turn: 

Cordelia + 3 dancers, but its's not like that! ^^'  This one gave me many head-scratching moments, most of my other Galeforce units can't kill much here. 

Lucky me, both Micaiah and Shigure are +ATK. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Love seeing PA Shigure and he got to get some kills! Another impressive Galeforce clear. This is one of the harder maps to pull it off.

36 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Am I allowed to possibly talk about the other Legendary Hero Battles here? 

I don't see why not~

14 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I don't see why not~

Thanks.

So I actually tried this strategy. However, the problem lies in the 1:06 mark. See, when my Ike fights him, the Olivia actually has Drive Attack 2, so Ike gets a +3 ATK boost, while the video gets a Drive Attack 1 to give a +2 in ATK. So when Ike battles the archer, the archer has 16 HP left instead of 21 HP, and Ike has 37 HP instead of 36 HP. 

But the moment that I make the next position for attack, for some strange reason, the archer gets 10 HP recovered and then kills Ike. 

... HOW?! I looked at the archer's skillset, it doesn't have any HP Recovery skill! So how did it recover HP at all?

12 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Thanks.

So I actually tried this strategy. However, the problem lies in the 1:06 mark. See, when my Ike fights him, the Olivia actually has Drive Attack 2, so Ike gets a +3 ATK boost, while the video gets a Drive Attack 1 to give a +2 in ATK. So when Ike battles the archer, the archer has 16 HP left instead of 21 HP, and Ike has 37 HP instead of 36 HP. 

But the moment that I make the next position for attack, for some strange reason, the archer gets 10 HP recovered and then kills Ike. 

... HOW?! I looked at the archer's skillset, it doesn't have any HP Recovery skill! So how did it recover HP at all?

Is there no thread for Grima's Battle? I thought there was~ You can make one if you want~

As for this, is the Troubadour by Grima activating Heavenly Light on this turn for you? If she is, that's why he gains 10 HP~

1 minute ago, Landmaster said:

Is there no thread for Grima's Battle? I thought there was~ You can make one if you want~

As for this, is the Troubadour by Grima activating Heavenly Light on this turn for you? If she is, that's why he gains 10 HP~

... OH! So that's it. Either way, this sucks. Eirika's will remain as the only Legendary Battle I beat in Abyssal, while the others I have yet to win.

7 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

That was awesome! Raven/Adept Shigure worked wonders. Excellent timing on Cordelia's Galeforce activation as well. I kind of wish I had a Micaiah (Summer's Dawn) now

Thanks! I've played with the thought of giving Shigure Blárraven for some time now, glad it worked out. 

Galeforce timing wasn't essential this time. If Cordelia proc'ed GF earlier (directly after the first fight), Shigure could have danced her later (after her killing the Flier) and still being in range of both the mage and thief (and Drive ATK by Airzura). 

8 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Am I allowed to possibly talk about the other Legendary Hero Battles here? 

Check this topic:

8 hours ago, Usana said:

Just imagine Ephraim going 'Let me at em!' all Scrappy like.

And wow those kills were awfully close for your dancers.

Hehe, yeah that sounds fitting. 

I'm just happy I didn't need to give TA3 to Micaiah. Was surprised myself Shigure could pull this off, he isn't exactly bulky. 

7 hours ago, Landmaster said:

There was no way I was recording that 80 turn battle so apologies in advance for the ramble.

Wow 80 turns is an eternity, that video would need to be accelerated. 

7 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Love seeing PA Shigure and he got to get some kills! Another impressive Galeforce clear. This is one of the harder maps to pull it off.

Thanks! Yeah, this map was hard. I'm happy my ranged dancers helped me doing what my GF melees couldn't. 

@Zeo @mampfoid @Ginko @Rafiel's Aria @Alexmender @SatsumaFSoysoy @Nanima @Landmaster

Team is +Def/-Atk Shiro +1, +Spd/-Res PA!Azura +1, +Atk/-HP Maribelle and +Atk/-HP Sigurd.

Music is Destiny from the King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match soundtrack

So you know how -Atk is usually bad? It turns out it was a good thing for Shiro in this clear...well mostly. Slapping an Atk+3 seal meant he killed things too fast and I was overwhelmed with reinforcments, but having no Atk seal meant he would leave certain annoying units *coughredmagecough* with 1 HP. So the solution turned out to be the Atk+1 seal! But yeah I really see the value in Aether in this reinforcement maps, and Shiro was the perfect boy for the job since he didn't fear the Ridersbane.

Maribelle shows how she's not completely powercrept, as her huge Atk (with a Drive Atk boost) really paid off in one-shotting the annoying bladetome mage on the bottom with no problem. Sigurd and Shiro tanks things to the extreme with the chokepoint areas, letting the dagger units charge their specials and block enemy movements. 

Also it was a really good thing I gave in to the temptation of getting a better Axura..that 1 HP from the merge REALLY helped. (or maybe in hindsight, not being -Res would still make her survive? But then the -Spd would be fatal in this map anyway especially with the thieves around)

I did have another clear in my main with stronger units (L'Ephraim dealing with the bottom while H!myrrh and L!Tiki deal with the top, and a dancing Axura) but not sure if that's interesting enough for a video? Haven't tried Abyssal yet though.

@mampfoid WOW that 98 damage that Summer Micaiah dealt.. And good thing you pulled for Shigure! Really impressed with that seamless clear, and Cordelia seemed super mobile with multiple sets of wings! So glad to see a Raven Shigure as well, I was gonna do it if I ever pulled a 5 star Robin from those VG banners but alas, none haha.

I had to break out Rein+Lyn with 2 dancers to beat infernal. Not entirely sure how I’m going to approach abyssal considering I only barely scraped through infernal.

Maybe my new legendary Ephraim might help here.

3 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Team is +Def/-Atk Shiro +1, +Spd/-Res PA!Azura +1, +Atk/-HP Maribelle and +Atk/-HP Sigurd.

That was very nice! Shiro and Sigurd blocking everything, 0-sound is their best song. 

Maribelle is quite a nuke, she sweeps the south of the map nearly effortlessly. 

I agree that SPD is an important defensive stat, but I don't know if a SPD bane would have made a difference for Axezura in this clear. The Flier doubled her regardless and she wasn't attacked by daggers. Didn't check the speed of that troubador though. 

Do you have any themed clears planned? I don't know if Myrrh, Tiki and Ephraim make a themed team? 

3 hours ago, mcsilas said:

WOW that 98 damage that Summer Micaiah dealt.. And good thing you pulled for Shigure! Really impressed with that seamless clear, and Cordelia seemed super mobile with multiple sets of wings! So glad to see a Raven Shigure as well, I was gonna do it if I ever pulled a 5 star Robin from those VG banners but alas, none haha.

WTA+effective damage+staying attacking the weaker stat certainly helped a lot of course, but Micaiah was my only unit that could have pulled that off. Perhaps brave Celica with double Lion (or Axebreaker) and armor smasher, but double Lion blocks the B slot. 

Shigure was great too (his tome costed 20k feathers, but the +version was necessary), funny how all my three ranged dancers (incl. Inigo) are +ATK (two of them -SPD). 

After an hour of experimenting  I have completed Abyssal with a team of Rein, Tharja, flying Azura, and dark Azura. My plan was to spread out the enemy so that Tharja and Rein can take care of them. For the blue fliers high res stats the Azuras chipped them down before  being taken out. Overall I thought this was the second easiest legendary hero abyssal map after Hector. On to Eirika's map, this may take a while.

Because I'm clearly deranged, I actually recorded the Abyssal match, though since I knew what I was doing, it took much less turns (around 40).

Music is Naruto Shippuden: Girei(Pain's Theme) [Matt Houston Remix]

I wouldn't recommend actually watching this unless you're bored out of your mind but it is sped up to your convenience. The highlight starts around 2:50 if you can't be bothered to watch the whole thing (I do have the skillsets in the beginning though, if you're curious).

Sorry for some lengthy pauses, getting that lineup at the bottom and making sure Nowi had her Luna charged at the right time was crucial.

7 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo @mampfoid @Ginko @Rafiel's Aria @Alexmender @SatsumaFSoysoy @Nanima @Landmaster

Music is Destiny from the King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match soundtrack

So you know how -Atk is usually bad? It turns out it was a good thing for Shiro in this clear...well mostly. Slapping an Atk+3 seal meant he killed things too fast and I was overwhelmed with reinforcments, but having no Atk seal meant he would leave certain annoying units *coughredmagecough* with 1 HP. So the solution turned out to be the Atk+1 seal! But yeah I really see the value in Aether in this reinforcement maps, and Shiro was the perfect boy for the job since he didn't fear the Ridersbane.

Maribelle shows how she's not completely powercrept, as her huge Atk (with a Drive Atk boost) really paid off in one-shotting the annoying bladetome mage on the bottom with no problem. Sigurd and Shiro tanks things to the extreme with the chokepoint areas, letting the dagger units charge their specials and block enemy movements. 

Also it was a really good thing I gave in to the temptation of getting a better Axura..that 1 HP from the merge REALLY helped. (or maybe in hindsight, not being -Res would still make her survive? But then the -Spd would be fatal in this map anyway especially with the thieves around)

I did have another clear in my main with stronger units (L'Ephraim dealing with the bottom while H!myrrh and L!Tiki deal with the top, and a dancing Axura) but not sure if that's interesting enough for a video? Haven't tried Abyssal yet though.

Ayyeee, love to see some Shiro use! Plus making a -Atk unit work, times like these when it comes in handy makes the bad IV hurt just a little less. And Maribelle too, nice work put in on her end, too. Sigurd tanking everything is always a beautiful sight~

8 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Wow 80 turns is an eternity, that video would need to be accelerated. 

Thanks! Yeah, this map was hard. I'm happy my ranged dancers helped me doing what my GF melees couldn't. 

Lucky me, I got it down to 48 turns, guess that happens when you play these maps for WAAAYY too long.

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

Because I'm clearly deranged, I actually recorded the Abyssal match [...] 

I wouldn't recommend actually watching this unless you're bored out of your mind but it is sped up to your convenience

Lol, that's sounds like a must-see.

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

Lucky me, I got it down to 48 turns, guess that happens when you play these maps for WAAAYY too long.

48 turns in less than 4 minutes? Not bad. Ah you actually sped it up. ^^

Interesting choice with Wary Fighter on unarmed Ephraim, looks like he is going to be the road block. Even more interesting: Close Counter on Nowi for a unique final. 

12 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Lol, that's sounds like a must-see.

48 turns in less than 4 minutes? Not bad. Ah you actually sped it up. ^^

Interesting choice with Wary Fighter on unarmed Ephraim, looks like he is going to be the road block. Even more interesting: Close Counter on Nowi for a unique final. 

PM1's Guide suggested the Wary Fighter, Threaten Atk 3, and Distant Def Seal (he used H!Dorcas). I only added the Aegis because Ephraim can't take both the Lance Fighter and Bow Cav if they activate their skills at the same time (because of the Slaying Bow, at some point they will be ready to kill him at the same time and Ethlyn can only attack the Lance once to get them off sync) so the Aegis helped keep him on high health until Nowi could kill.

As for Nowi, that's her actual spread I usually use with her XD I knew CC would come in handy at some point!

39 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

As for Nowi, that's her actual spread I usually use with her XD I knew CC would come in handy at some point!

I envy your decisiveness, I'm sitting on my DC/CC fodder, but CC Nowi sounds like fun. 

@mampfoid oh my gosh!! That abyssal in one turn. Micaiah doesn't need to be +atk to beat that pesky green fridge. But Shigure need it to complete this lol. Great job!!

@mcsilas Nice blocking tactics!! but no fun you didn't let him tank greeen fridge and Eirika. The real deal is here !!

@Zeo enjoy as always ^^

I Hate This Map!
Idk how often I tried it already, haven't could beat infernal yet.
The "best" is if you manage to kill three enemies till first enemy phase, you'll be "rewarded" with more reinforcements in turn two!
Flyer team (FGrima, NYAzura, Cordelia and FlyingOlivia) was the closest, but Eirika did two too much damage to FGrima with her special.