1 more DLC characters, place your bets now. Seems we're only getting third parties this time round

Jotari

I don't speculate, nor do I keep wishes. 

But I am going to ponder, when will 5th be announced, and when will they release?

Does Smash want to end the year with the 1st Wave finished? If so, then maybe early November for Terry? At that time, the 5th will be revealed, and they'll be added just in time for Christmas?

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't speculate, nor do I keep wishes. 

But I am going to ponder, when will 5th be announced, and when will they release?

Does Smash want to end the year with the 1st Wave finished? If so, then maybe early November for Terry? At that time, the 5th will be revealed, and they'll be added just in time for Christmas?

They said Terry is planned to be released in November, and from the beginning they said the Fighter Pass is supposed to be finished up by February 2020.

10 minutes ago, Florete said:

They said Terry is planned to be released in November, and from the beginning they said the Fighter Pass is supposed to be finished up by February 2020.

Sorry then for missing such basic information! >_<

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

23 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

That would be cool; another redheaded swordsman would be cool to see (I mean that genuinely; I am a redhead, and I don't like Roy because he's just a Marth clone). Just wondering since I have yet to actually play the Ys games; what would potentially set him apart from other fighters?

In what way is Roy a Marth clone?

14 hours ago, Jotari said:

In what way is Roy a Marth clone?

12 hours ago, Perkilator said:

Well, he technically was in Melee. But over the years, they have both been differentiated from each other across games.

This. Yes; he has become increasingly different. But his moveset is still derived from Marth. Marth Clone was definitely the wrong choice of words, and I apologize.

7 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

This. Yes; he has become increasingly different. But his moveset is still derived from Marth. Marth Clone was definitely the wrong choice of words, and I apologize.

I don't think Roy fights like Marth all that much, even with his specials, they might look visually similar, but functionally they feel very dissimilar. Even so, it's not a great representative of what Roy can do in his own game. He at least needs a long range attack. Personally I'd also like to give him something like Ridley's Down Special based on Hartmut's unwillingness to kill Idoun. Stuff like that is the reason I want to see custom moves come back. Most of these movesets were made ten to fifteen years ago, a lot of the character have developed in their own series since then and shown off more abilities that aren't represented in Smash. Or some just never displayed their most iconic abilities in Smash because they happened to be left out of the inital moveset. Ganondorf being the prime example. I love Ganondorf's moveset and never supported giving him a sword (giving it for Smash attacks was a nice compromise even though I think it made him slightly worse), but it's still not super representititve of what he can do. Giving custom moves on the same level as Palutena to everyone would fix that. Samus is another good example. She has some variation of the Ice Beam in almost every game. It's her most plot critical ability, the thing that lets her kill Metroids, but it's completely absent from her moveset.

• 3 months later...
56 minutes ago, Perkilator said:

Well, since this thread's been dead for over three and a half months + the fact that it's almost 2020...who do you think is truly the last character in the Fighter's Pass?

Since I'm certain they didn't initially plan anymore characters when they were developing the Fighter Pass, then they were likely working under the assumption that the last character would really be the LAST DLC character, therefore I'd assume they'd wanna finish it off with a bang. So, I'd think it'd be someone like Crash Bandicoot, Dante, or someone like that who would fit the bill of "this is it, guys, the last character!"

Crash Bandicoot. I've explained the reasons why before, but as a brief refresher:

• Major icon of the 90s
  • Former rival for Mario and Sonic
  • Part of the classic platformer alumni, along with Mario, Mega Man, Sonic, Donkey Kong, Spyro, and Banjo-Kazooie
  • Has made a major comeback in recent years thanks to the N. Sane Trilogy and CTRNF
Edited by Lord_Brand

On 12/20/2019 at 10:42 PM, Perkilator said:

Well, since this thread's been dead for over three and a half months + the fact that it's almost 2020...who do you think is truly the last character in the Fighter's Pass?

I'm still going to guess we get an Assassin's Creed character, with the Animus being a transforming stage

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2019 at 4:42 AM, Perkilator said:

I'd have no objections for Phoenix Wright in Smash.

Hey, if Ascended Fighters became a thing, what if the game was coded such that an Ascended Fighter's Assist Trophy counterpart doesn't appear in a battle if the Ascended Fighter is present? Kinda like how the Spirit Tracks level features Alfonzo instead of Toon Link if someone is playing as Toon Link? That way we could get Krystal, Alucard, Zero, Skull Kid, Midna, Ghirahim, and of course Waluigi as DLC fighters without losing their Assist Trophies. Of course, to be fair Chrom shows up in Robin's Final Smash and one of Robin's victory poses, yet still gets to be a playable fighter himself.

Edited by Lord_Brand

I'm calling the dragon born once again.

Bethesda and Nintendo have had great relations since the beginning with the switch, and skyrim despite the meme it has become is an important game for user generated content and open worlds, it also influenced the design of BoTW after it very decisively beat skyward sword in 2011.

19 hours ago, Perkilator said:

As we all know, the last character is Byleth.

Should we keep this thread going until all the last 6 DLC characters are released, or should we close this and reset discussion for the last 6?

Good question.

All in favour of keeping this thread going for the next six, say "keep". 

All in favour of restarting with a new thread for them, say, "restart". 

24 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Good question.

All in favour of keeping this thread going for the next six, say "keep". 

All in favour of restarting with a new thread for them, say, "restart". 

My heart says “keep”, but my brain says “restart”.

11 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Eh, restart it.

8 hours ago, Lord_Brand said:

I'd say restart it.

8 hours ago, Jotari said:

Restart. Because I don't want to bother editing the title.

Alright, then. I say we restart as well.

EDIT: Made the restart thread.

Edited by Perkilator