1 more DLC characters, place your bets now. Seems we're only getting third parties this time round

Jotari

well this is what I want but it probably won't happen 

- The Knight from Hollow Knight (I know this won't happen but I love the game so much)

- A character from Arms (this probably won't happen either because Spring Man's confirmed as an assist trophy.)

- Sora from Kingdom Hearts (this MIGHT happen, he seems to be a pretty popular option, but because Disney owns him , I dunno, Nintendo would probably also need permission to use Donald and Goofy to, I mean it would be kinda sad if they didn't help Sora in some way because they're such a big part of the game.)

- The Drifter From Hyper Light Drifter ( This WON'T happen I'm sure of that)

- Another Nintendo rep

Also, I don't get why everyone hates Tingle, I mean I'm not obsessed with him or anything, but I don't think he's a bad character. My brother on the other hand is completely obsessed with Tingle and bought be this weird Tingle plush for Christmas a few years back.

Edited by Robin126

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Robin126 said:

Also, I don't get why everyone hates Tingle,

I personally don't hate him, i just don't want him in because there are far more deserving Zelda reps. It'd be funny if he did get in but no thanks.

Sakurai has expressed interest in Geno before, and it'd be a shame not to include him in Ultimate. I hope he's the last fighter revealed for DLC, just so I can see people go absolutely hysterical about it.

Elma or Rex. Just because Rex has a Mii Fighter oufit doesn't mean he can't still get in. I hope Elma gets in if Rex doesn't. Sliding Slinger would be the perfect side-b.

Another Fire Emblem rep wouldn't hurt that much. Maybe Edelgard from Three Houses. It would give us an axe user and it would help promote the game. If not Edelgard, then Hector.

This is probably just me, but I would absolutely love to see Phoenix Wright in Ultimate. It would be hilarious to see. If he can work in Marvel Vs. Capcom, then I'm sure he can work in Smash.

If we get another villain, Sephiroth would be cool. 

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I personally don't hate him, i just don't want him in because there are far more deserving Zelda reps. It'd be funny if he did get in but no thanks.

Objectively speaking, Tingle isn't all that undeserving considering is multi game presence, moveset viability and, most importantly, the fact that he got his own spin off series. Impa, Basti, Ghirahim etc don't have that to boast off. He's sort of like the Yoshi of the Zelda series.

Edited by Jotari

So thanks to music datamines, i think the chances of a new Xenoblade rep are even more likely. Uh, i'll put this in spoilers

Spoiler

The only new Xenoblade songs are the three XC2 songs Sakurai showed. There are zero Xenoblade X tracks, which is good news for Elma because she can bring them in if she is DLC. But the sheer lack of new Xenoblade songs is also good news for Rex because he can bring even more new Xenoblade 2 songs with him.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

So thanks to music datamines, i think the chances of a new Xenoblade rep are even more likely. Uh, i'll put this in spoilers

Hide contents

The only new Xenoblade songs are the three XC2 songs Sakurai showed. There are zero Xenoblade X tracks, which is good news for Elma because she can bring them in if she is DLC. But the sheer lack of new Xenoblade songs is also good news for Rex because he can bring even more new Xenoblade 2 songs with him.

I'm quite surprised that there's no X music. It's soundtrack choices  could be...questionable at times, but there's still some good stuff in there. I don't think it can be taken as an indication of anything though. Elma or Rex could easily put in more songs if they appear, but the fact that there's so few already means they both didn't care much for X's soundtrack (as the DLC would have had no bearing on X's music pieces getting in as it was decided long after the music selection) and didn't have enough time to put in more from X2.

8 hours ago, Jotari said:

I'm quite surprised that there's no X music. It's soundtrack choices  could be...questionable at times, but there's still some good stuff in there. I don't think it can be taken as an indication of anything though. Elma or Rex could easily put in more songs if they appear, but the fact that there's so few already means they both didn't care much for X's soundtrack (as the DLC would have had no bearing on X's music pieces getting in as it was decided long after the music selection) and didn't have enough time to put in more from X2.

There is the possibilty that Sawano (Xenoblade X's composer) didn't allow it but it's just so odd that a whole game in a series with three games has no music in Smash. Especially after Sakurai's comment on wanting more music to fit fighting games. Xenoblade music is perfect for that.

Also, i don't know if time was an issue because the music files are MP3, right? Can't imagine it being so hard, especially since none of the Xenoblade songs are remixed.

Edited by Armagon

42 minutes ago, Armagon said:

There is the possibilty that Sawano (Xenoblade X's composer) didn't allow it but it's just so odd that a whole game in a series with three games has no music in Smash. Especially after Sakurai's comment on wanting more music to fit fighting games. Xenoblade music is perfect for that.

Also, i don't know if time was an issue because the music files are MP3, right? Can't imagine it being so hard, especially since none of the Xenoblade songs are remixed.

Well it'd be less about time to physically put that music in the game, and more about time it would take to sift through and select the appropriate music. Xenoblade 2 was barely in their consideration at all when making the game, we know that, so the fact that it extends into the music too isn't all that surprising. Yeah, it wouldn't take much time to literally put Xenoblade 2 tracks into the game, but the game already has like a thousand songs, so it is competing against a massive amount of other games. Perhaps time isn't the right word and focus would more encapsulate what I was trying to say.

I understand my picks may seem a little...out there, but here's who I'd like to see.

1. Chandelure. (I'd like to see how that Pokémon would work in Smash, especially since it already appeared in another fighting game.)

2. Claude (I wonder how an Archer would work as a fighter in Smash.)

3. Any Zelda character with combat capabilities (It would be nice to have another Zelda rep, considering that the series only has three Links, Zelda, Ganondorf, and Sheik.)

4. Tails, Amy, Knuckles, or Blaze (For a Sonic rep, I feel like one of these four characters would do nicely as a companion to the Blue Blur.)

5. Gilgamesh (I know that the chances of him getting in are next to nonexistent, but I can still dream.)

I went back to my original list and decided to make an updated version based on a few developments that have happened over the past few weeks. The most notable change is that I've removed third-party characters, I don't think they're off the table, but I'm starting to suspect Nintendo might try to go full first party with the DLC.

1. Elma
  2. Bandanna Dee
  3. Magnus
  4. Tingle
  5. Edelgard

1 hour ago, YoungLionofAlistel said:

I understand my picks may seem a little...out there, but here's who I'd like to see.

1. Chandelure. (I'd like to see how that Pokémon would work in Smash, especially since it already appeared in another fighting game.)

3. Any Zelda character with combat capabilities (It would be nice to have another Zelda rep, considering that the series only has three Links, Zelda, Ganondorf, and Sheik.)

4. Tails, Amy, Knuckles, or Blaze (For a Sonic rep, I feel like one of these four characters would do nicely as a companion to the Blue Blur.)

5. Gilgamesh (I know that the chances of him getting in are next to nonexistent, but I can still dream.)

I think Impa should be the next Zelda rep fighter since she did get a boost from Hyrule Warriors. And it would make Impa as an Sheik's Semi-Echo Fighter since Impa is part of the Sheikah tribe and she did taught Zelda the techniques from Oracle of Time.

1 hour ago, YoungLionofAlistel said:

Which Gilgamesh? The one from Final Fantasy, Fate or Shin Megami Tensei?

1 hour ago, Anomalocaris said:

It could also be the one from the Epic of Gilgamesh.

If we're including any fictional or historical character then feck it, stick Edmond Dantes in the game.

18 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

given the talks that bethesda and nintendo have had regarding smash bros and that nintendo proper is making the picks I expect the dragonborn to show up.

The Dragonborn, Doom Slayer... I could easily see either. Skyrim's bigger overall and even had respectable sales in Japan, while Sakurai's a gaming history nut and Doom's one of the first FPS titles in the genre.

On 11/24/2018 at 11:47 PM, Jotari said:

If we're including any fictional or historical character then feck it, stick Edmond Dantes in the game.

Nah, you gotta put in Hannibal Barca, he has battle elephants. 

On ‎15‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 5:09 PM, Armagon said:

Tingle already appears in the game as a "hazard" in the returning Great Bay Temple stage, which surely rules him out (and no, Alonzo isn't going to be replacing him).

Edited by NinjaMonkey

4 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Tingle already appears in the game as a "hazard" in the returning Great Bay Temple stage, which surely rules him out (and no, Alonzo isn't going to be replacing him).

I know it's funny to joke about Alonzo replacing everyone (especially Pyrosphere Ridley), but the whole Alonzo thing is proof that stage features and other things aren't an issue. Tingle could get replaced by one of his brothers for the stage. Not saying I think it's likely (I think not appearing as an assist trophy is not bearing on DLC potential, as the DLC was only decided after the game was virtually finished, meaning the decision to remove assist trophies was made independently of deciding DLC characters), but a playable TIngle can't be ruled out on the basis that he appears in Great Bay.

18 hours ago, Jotari said:

Ibut a playable TIngle can't be ruled out on the basis that he appears in Great Bay.

So Metal Face, Whispy Woods, Flying Man and Yellow Devil have a shot at being a playable character, right?

Edited by NinjaMonkey

• 2 weeks later...