Spirit battles you're looking forward to?

Thany

with the introduction of spirit battles being a different kind of event match, there's alot of really fun ways we could fight other characters from many series, which kind of battle do you hope to see?
Id love to see Senator Armstrong, where everytime you hit him with a move, he temperarly turns into metal form to take the hit and knockback, but quickly reverts out of metal to not have the weight downsides, it would be like fighting a metal opponent not made of metal.

Id also would love to see Big the Cat as purple incinaroar with an ally small green greninja on teams, taking place on icicle mountain due to having a giant fish in the stage. alternatively big could be an isabelle of some kind and mostly use the fishing rod attack instead.

Id love to hear your ideas of what you would like to see.

I've touted this idea before for an event match, but I bet you could do a Young Link versus Ganondorf where the match timer is represented by a slowed version of the moon assist trophy. With the reward of course being the moon itself as a spirit. Or Majora's Mask.

I have a few in mind:

Severa/Selena spirit: Similar to the spirit Owain with Chrom that taunts all the time, red Lucina likes to taunt and has increase melee power. The only difference is that instead of starting with a Killing Edge, she is also takes less dmg.

Raichu spirit: A Pikachu who is faster, takes less dmg and its electrical attacks are stronger and its tend to use them more frequently than a normal ai.

Plusle and Minun spirit: Two Pichus, one with a red accessory and another one with a blue accessory, who are stronger when they are together on the field (could also be Pikachu but Pichus have about the same side as Plusle and Minun)

2 minutes ago, Nym said:

Severa/Selena spirit: Similar to the spirit Owain with Chrom that taunts all the time, red Lucina likes to taunt and has increase melee power. The only difference is that instead of starting with a Killing Edge, she is also takes less dmg.

hmmm.... but Severa has the same rarity as Owain in the trailer, I could see the item be a beam sword instead of a killing edge if they wanted to have minor differences between em in that aspect. still I do like your ideas.

32 minutes ago, Thany said:

hmmm.... but Severa has the same rarity as Owain in the trailer, I could see the item be a beam sword instead of a killing edge if they wanted to have minor differences between em in that aspect. still I do like your ideas.

Thanks, and it could work yeah. I just thought it would be better because Severa is slighly mroe defensive.

We know there's a Minerva fight, I'd guess they use Samus with a focus on aerial attacks. I also suspect the Corrin Classic Mode will have Ganondorf as Xander (slow, heavy, dark attacks, sword), Rosalina as Camilla (aerial stuff, similar hairstyles), Robin as Leo (emphasis on tomes), Isabelle as Elise (I mean who else), Cloud as Ryoma (spikey haired lightning fast swordsman), Daisy as Hinoka (aerial tomboy), Pit as Takumi (floaty archer), and Villager as Sakura (another one with few choices).

Some other random guesses:

• New Age Retro Hippie - Male Wii Fit Trainer in Onett using silly items like bananas and cuccos
  • Slogra & Gaibon - Ridley using a lot of dive bomb attacks as Slogra, and any number of characters could represent Gaibon shooting fireballs and helping Ridley get some air
  • Pico - Fast Bowser using guns on a F-Zero level
  • Mipha - Female Corrin with healing items, maybe a male Corrin as Prince Sidon to help
  • Booster - Wario on Spirit Tracks spamming the bike and bob-ombs

I want a Micaiah battle, it can work with either a F!Robin or the Silver-Haired Zelda...

I wonder if summoneable spirits also appear in the spirit battles.

Here are some Spirit battle I hope to see in Ultimate though I am mostly looking forward to the Pokémon and Fire Emblem battles.

• Raikou, Entei, Suicune- Represented through Pikachu (Raikou), Charizard (Entei) and either Squirtle or Greninja (Suicune). Their attacks are much more powerful but they tend to run from you.
  • Wart- Represented through King K Rool who stands on one spot and throws items at you.
  • Palla, Catria and Est- Though I am not sure who would represent whom. I guess Palutena would be Palla, Zero Suit Samus could be Catria and either Daisy or Isabelle would be Est
  • Alm and Celica- Roy would be Alm and Female Robin would be Celica.
Edited by NSSKG151

1 hour ago, NSSKG151 said:

Alm and Celica- Roy would be Alm and Female Robin would be Celica.

The kid Alm and kid Celica spirit does have a battle, but they are represented by two Villagers (a male and a female) on Skyloft. It was briefly shown in this stream that Sakurai hosted:

Spoiler

6:27 is when it's shown.

Apologies in advance in case you already knew this.

It's interesting how sometimes, they pick a fighter to represent a spirit based on weaponry/abilities, and other times it's simply cuz they look kinda similar. Like, I didn't play TMS, but I'm guessing that girl doesn't have a water gun or use paint attacks.

6 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

The kid Alm and kid Celica spirit does have a battle, but they are represented by two Villagers (a male and a female) on Skyloft. It was briefly shown in this stream that Sakurai hosted:

Reveal hidden contents

6:27 is when it's shown.

Apologies in advance in case you already knew this.

Ah, I see. I didn't know that.

Though I do still wonder if Alm and Celica will have a separate spirit depicting their selves (not that they need another spirit battle dedicated to them.

20 hours ago, Johann said:

It's interesting how sometimes, they pick a fighter to represent a spirit based on weaponry/abilities, and other times it's simply cuz they look kinda similar. Like, I didn't play TMS, but I'm guessing that girl doesn't have a water gun or use paint attacks.

It's probably due to both of them being “teenagers” and kinda similar appearance. Tsubasa’s class in TMS #FE is Pegasus Knight. 

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

It's probably due to both of them being “teenagers” and kinda similar appearance. Tsubasa’s class in TMS #FE is Pegasus Knight. 

Yeah I figured, I mean the Inkling outfit they went with is a school uniform, so even someone like me who knows nothing about the character can tell why they went with that. There's bound to be some "oh yeah, huh, I never noticed how similar those characters are" battles, I wager

I got some spirit ideas based on some assist trophys we have in the game.
Guile: Mario (being the guile spirit in this case with the american golf outfit) is a referee in this case as an enemy Guile assist trophy is on the stage, your job is to defeat Guile before time runs out, and with Guiles campy nature, it may be hard to get in to attack him as he spams sonic booms and flash kicks whenever you get close.

Ghosts (pacman): a pacman with some kind of ring colour will be your enemy, mostly using smash attacks as thats where the ghosts appear, and slow moving ghosts will haunt around the stage as the enemy assist trophys.

Samurai Goroh: using a different captain falcon skin, he and Samurai Goroh will team up on you to defeat you, Captain falcon may also start with a killing edge or beam sword.

I think these would work well if these assist trophies have spirits with em.