New Heroes Appear: Adrift (November 9 ~)

Coolmanio

5 hours ago, XRay said:

Candlelight/Flash is nice, but if you got the resources to snipe for Flash, you got the resources to snipe for Firesweep Bow, which is a far better skill in my opinion. Firesweep Bow is a lot easier to use since you can abuse Dance/Sing-Reposition and it is a lot more efficient since you can low man your team and have the other two units be Blessing bonus units.

Firesweep bow is 100% guaranteed to be 5* locked barring some major change. Flash isn't.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

The lone new character is someone nobody likes. Mikoto dies mere seconds into the story of Fates and is so saintly that she undermines the story in a way similar to Garon. There's still Forrest or Charlotte who everyone seems to love and who still haven't been added yet.

And why do you think you can speak for everyone when you say nobody likes character X? Stop acting so self-righteous.

3 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Firesweep bow is 100% guaranteed to be 5* locked barring some major change. Flash isn't.

And Flash+ effects all foes in 2 spaces, so basically all your allies get the sweep effect.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

2 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

And why do you think you can speak for everyone when you say nobody likes character X? Stop acting so self-righteous.

Well... Mikoto dies in like 10 minutes or something. Hard to say people would be invested in her. Even then, Revelations is DLC

14 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

For anyone feeling bad about liking the banner or even liking fanservice... I don't want you to feel that way even with the negative attitude towards these banners on here. I'm a fan of fanservice dedicated to my tastes (although not all the time... Less is often more for me - my favourite character is a random red knight in fullish cavalry armour)... I just feel they overdo it a lot and it is incredibly skewed in one direction, but that's to be expected since that seems to be where the money comes from.

As far as I'm concerned, releasing that character with good art would be fanservice to you, even if it has nothing to do with the typical appeal of fanservice. I feel a similar way; for some of the characters I'm waiting for, depicting them in a swimsuit would actually kill any desire I have to roll for them.

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Well... Mikoto dies in like 10 minutes or something. Hard to say people would be invested in her. Even then, Revelations is DLC

Why people like Mikoto has nothing to do with any of this. I like Mikoto, and I do not appreciate people telling me that no one likes Mikoto when that is clearly not true. According to the facts, she scored deceptively high on CYL2.

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

Maybe not invested, but I've seen comments since the game came out of people hoping to get her playable in FEH. She has a nice design and is severely underused in her game, so some people wanted to rectify that. Comparatively, I almost never see Arete mentioned, but I wish she'd get in too to match.

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

Comparatively, I almost never see Arete mentioned, but I wish she'd get in too to match.

Arete has issues with being DLC only so I can understand her obscurity

2 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Why people like Mikoto has nothing to do with any of this. I like Mikoto, and I do not appreciate people telling me that no one likes Mikoto when that is clearly not true. According to the facts, she scored deceptively high on CYL2.

Huh. That's a 60 space movement. She is rather high. Guess people like MILFs

This is the worst banner, I hope that such a accident  don't happen again 3 alts is too much, Fates has more characters that could be added, like Caeldori, Sumeragi or Rinkah.
Well, this can't be serious....And why Fates again, if they just wanna throw alts? There are not much Ike alts and he is the famoust character.

Just now, Morswo said:

Ike alts

Ike alts are their "break glass in case of emergency", which I think will happen rather soon if the Feh channel doesn't address Heroes's issues

I recently said to myself 'I quit heroes when the 5th Camilla gets revealed'. 

Now I have more time to play other Fire Emblem games so this is actually the best banner ever.

(this isn't meant to trash people who like this banner. I just find it hilarious that literally a few weeks after I made such a statement this banner gets released)

Edited by LJwalhout
grammar

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Ike alts are their "break glass in case of emergency", which I think will happen rather soon if the Feh channel doesn't address Heroes's issues

I hope that they don't throw an Ike alt into the Radiant Dawn banner, there are too many characters which should become into the game.

29 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

As far as I'm concerned, releasing that character with good art would be fanservice to you, even if it has nothing to do with the typical appeal of fanservice. I feel a similar way; for some of the characters I'm waiting for, depicting them in a swimsuit would actually kill any desire I have to roll for them.

Sort of. I don't mind the occasional fanservice banner. Seeing them in swimsuits or different situations can be fun... but I'd much rather have more new heroes, less alts... and more proper outfits in general. I don't like the imbalance between canon male and female outfits (how women are often missing trousers and have random gaps) but my solution wouldn't be to give the men more gaps but to give the women outfits that look right - maybe with a few set fanservice characters on both sides that make sense (like I don't overly mind Tharja's outfit since she's a mage... but Camilla's is just silly...).

I hope that makes sense. I understand others will want that fanservice a lot more, and the games seem more about catering for them than me. It's not enough to put me off for now, but one day it might be, and I'm really hopeful it won't come to that. Edelgard's outfit looked nice for Three Houses, at least :)

But yeah, good art with new characters would be enough for me even if we never had a seasonal banner or alt again.

Wow, I'm just now seeing this. Just what we needed, a banner of Fates alts.

This is so bad, as this whole thread has already made clear. And with their damage control announcement of FE6/10 banners, I wonder if the rest of the year's banners won't be equally as disappointing. They better have something very interesting to make up for it in the FEH Channel. 

The only good thing I can say is that the art looks good. Even male Corrin, I don't get why everyone is saying he looks funny. Is it just because he's wearing a dress? Nothing wrong with that but it looks more like robe anyway.

Edited by Book Bro

46 minutes ago, Morswo said:

I hope that they don't throw an Ike alt into the Radiant Dawn banner, there are too many characters which should become into the game.

There'd be no reason for that though, what with his legendary vanguard form already being a thing. He may not have many, but all of his variations have such significance that he honestly wouldn't need anymore in my opinion. That is, unless they were to do, say, a Fallen Hero 3, where he goes berserk from the medallion, like that one Cipher card. But idk tho

24 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

The only good thing I can say is that the art looks good. Even male Corrin, I don't get why everyone is saying he looks funny. Is it just because he's wearing a dress? Nothing wrong with that but it looks more like robe anyway.

The only real eyesore for me on Male Corrin is the prolonged neck. Aside from that, I'd agree with you on the art

Edited by Motendra
clarification

1 hour ago, Michelaar said:

I was originally going to ignore this thanks to that last part but I think Silveraura25 actually made a very good point. Invested would certainly have been the better word and would have came off as less provocative.

But I do stand by my words. As an NPC who dies incredibly early she makes a lot less sense than characters like Forrest, base Charlotte or even Sumeragi who's a fairly prominent NPC. Even the disproportionately represented Fates still has gaps left to fill and to me that takes priority.

3 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

why do you think? Firesweep Lance + Sword aren't, so I'm not sure why the bow is. 

Generally 2-range weapons are more powerful/versatile and in case of Firesweep Bow kiting tactics are way more effective with it than any of the existing Firesweep weapons.

Brave Lyn with the Firesweep Bow was truly the bane of an Arena player existence back then.

Edited by The Priest

5 minutes ago, The Priest said:

Generally 2-range weapons are more powerful/versatile and in case of Firesweep Bow kiting tactics are way more effective with it than any of the existing Firesweep weapons.

Brave Lyn with the Firesweep Bow was truly the bane of an Arena player existence back then.

oho... well then that makes sense, thanks. :) 
hopefully Faye returns to Legendary one day - i'd like to get some of these Firesweep bows myself. 

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Now we have the possibility of a free songtress, there is also the possibility of "Wings of Mercy" Sacred Seal, since it's very popular with "dancer" units... or a new dancer skill as seal.

if that happens i could stop killing Cain. poor guy gets murdered for all my dancers/singers. 

Just now, DraceEmpressa said:

Hmm, I think I know the game they are referencing and it is so cute because that franchise ditched their older games more harshly than FE. 

I'm curious. What game series do you mean?

3 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Butterflies. Sweet dreams are better than bitter reality, and fogs. 

Hmm, I think I know the game they are referencing and it is so cute because that franchise ditched their older games more harshly than FE. 

Are you talking about Persona? Because you're not wrong.