New Heroes Appear: Adrift (November 9 ~)

Coolmanio

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

Thanks you too! Always happy to learn things like that!

Does someone know if the update is in 14-18 hours? (Tomorrow for french people)

Hmm. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a datamine did occur during Feh channel for the Farfetched heroes last year. So I'd say tomorrow is the time for the update

@mcsilas Hmmm...now that I think about I might have gotten it mixed up with the 'Past Below' track which I know plays in the Revelation path. But yeah, I guess 'Desire Below' is only a DLC track and is the music that is being used for this banner trailer and the Paralogue as well.

10 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Ice mentioned how they were presenting a scenario, which IS wanted people to believe. He talked about that IS is probably dunking with Heroes revenue. Correct me if I'm wrong

Since nothing substantial is known besides the big revenue numbers and that they are making a profit, I cannot say for certain whether Heroes is doing well or not.

My gut instinct is telling me they are barely scraping by and Heroes's expenses are not managed well. If they were actually doing really well, they would be more transparent with their mobile segment. I mean, technically Heroes is doing okay if you define okay as break even, but if I were a share holder, I would be pissed if all Nintendo could manage was breakeven despite having $400 million in revenue. Like, where did all the money go? Are they smoking crack in the board room and inviting middle management to the mile high-club?

If it was something even more nefarious, it may also be that they are cooking the books and they are dumping expenses and from their core business (Switch, 3DS, first party games, etc.) segment into the mobile segment to make their core business look good.

This all just my wild speculation though. Since I have no idea what is going on, I just assume the worst.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

Since nothing substantial is known besides the big revenue numbers and that they are making a profit, I cannot say for certain whether Heroes is doing well or not.

My gut instinct is telling me they are barely scraping by and Heroes's expenses are not managed well. If they were actually doing really well, they would be more transparent with their mobile segment. I mean, technically Heroes is doing okay if you define okay as break even, but if I were a share holder, I would be pissed if all Nintendo could manage was breakeven despite having $400 million in revenue. Like, where did all the money go? Are they smoking crack in the board room and inviting middle management to the mile high-club?

If it was something even more nefarious, it may also be that they are cooking the books and they are dumping expenses and from their core business (Switch, 3DS, first party games, etc.) segment into the mobile segment to make their core business look good.

This all just my wild speculation though. Since I have no idea what is going on, I just assume the worst.

My guess is that they took too much money out of what they earned and put it into Three Houses and other projects, but didn't leave enough money to put back into the Heroes. Hence the lackluster new modes and such as well as them trying to get people to spend more money with arena changes.

When you think about it, voice acting and art commissions don't take that much of the money earned. Especially voice acting a minute's worth of quotes.

42 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Azura and Olivia are cursed to be dancer.

I see that as a Blessing though. I can never have too many Dancers/Singers. The only way to get me to spend is if they release Special Heroes, Dancers/Singers, deals like Legendary Foci and Starter Orb Packs, and maybe cute original characters (Laevatein, Laegjarn, Loki).

I hope she is red or colorless so I can field Azura emblem.

25 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I can't help it, this community has made me more than once feel bad about enjoying certain things in Fire Emblem. And I, in turn, have been lashing out on them, which I shouldn't necessarily do on this site, but quite frankly what really started on this negativity was Lucina's legendary trailer & Lyn's inclusion in FE Warriors.

I like Camilla's curves and her doting personality. While I am not always vocal about my love for fan service, I do not feel I have to ever hide my love for it either. If there people who dislike that you like something that they dislike, just ignore them and find a crowd that can connect with you.

In my opinion, there are far more important things to be feel bad about in life than one's hobby.

25 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Lucina is hated because she's a waifu & she's dull. People made that vocally clear about their disdain towards her

That is just the internet being the internet. I made Lucina my waifu because of who she is, and I think most of my friends in real life who played Awakening did the same.

3 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

My guess is that they took too much money out of what they earned and put it into Three Houses and other projects, but didn't leave enough money to put back into the Heroes. Hence the lackluster new modes and such as well as them trying to get people to spend more money with arena changes.

When you think about it, voice acting and art commissions don't take that much of the money earned. Especially voice acting a minute's worth of quotes.

Diverting resources from mobile to console is not a decision that needs to be swept under the rug though. It is not the best decision in my opinion, but it is not unreasonable enough to warrant that they need to keep their profit figures hidden. The mobile segment is still relatively new, while their console segment is tried and tested, so diverting resources to there makes some sense.

29 minutes ago, XRay said:

My speculative guess is that FEH seems to be doing pretty well and is probably carrying their mobile division, since we know AC Pocket Camp and Dragalia aren't doing nearly as well. (Not counting Mario since it has no gacha system, but it's done ok for not being one) If there's a problem I feel like maybe the overall mobile sector isn't doing as well as they wanted, so FEH is possibly shouldering their attempts to turn a higher profit and the money is being siphoned off among other projects. I don't get the impression that the money went to Three Houses since we all saw how rough it looked in that trailer(the graphics seemed pretty low budget). They also added a gacha system to AC a few months ago, clearly in an attempt to help boost things there too, but I don't think it's changed much.  There's just been signs of cash grab behavior ramping up which is a bit spooky, but we'll have to see.

I don't think it's quite "sales are down, hit the Lyn/Camilla/Lucina button" but something's been going on, or it feels like it anyway.

8 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

My speculative guess is that FEH seems to be doing pretty well and is probably carrying their mobile division, since we know AC Pocket Camp and Dragalia

I though Dragalia is doing well. Aren't people clamoring to it?

Yep Dragalia is pretty successful, it made about half of what FEH made in the first month (which is really good already bc FEH was such a hit), but also triple the revenue per download, so the people who are playing it are spending more $ on it. It's probably going to start off slower but pick up faster than Heroes, being a new IP that doesn't have an existing fanbase.

When I said "cursed", I didn't mean to say a bad thing. I probably used the wrong word. XD

I meant to say that IS will probably never do a Olivia/Azura alt without the Dance/Sing skill, which isn't a bad thing.

@dethneer @silveraura25 Dragalia Lost is doing pretty well indeed. It's a fun game. Also... I need to do the Raid Event today... 

The name Young Songstress gave me the idea that we might be looking at a Trainee Singer. Also Azura never been a ranged unit, so if he is infantry, that could be a singer with 160 bst.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Legendary Heroes already feel like Special Heroes. They only appear for a limited time, but they do appear a lot more often though.

3 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

They would be rarer, better and totally annoying to get. 

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

If the Tempest Trial Azura is a blue lance unit with a Sapphire Lance, I will be so pissed!

Healer/Dancer would be a cool combination, but there is just 1 Assist slot. 

38 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I though Dragalia is doing well. Aren't people clamoring to it?

It's fine, just not as good as FEH. And doing only part of FEH's numbers is probably not what they'd like if they were already complaining about their mobile performance.

9 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Healer/Dancer would be a cool combination, but there is just 1 Assist slot. 

two solutions:

1. A Dancer skill (like Blaze Dance or Gale Dance), but instead of give buffs to ally, heals ally with 10 HP.
  2. Azura having her Fates's Personal Skill, "Healing Descant". In Fates, Healing Descant has this effect: "Allies within a 2 tile radius recover 10% HP at the start of the user’s Turn". What IS could do is give Azura something like Spur Renewal, because Drive Renewal is too much.
Edited by Diovani Bressan

I think everything has been said.

Personally, hate the banner. All alts except one. All characters who have plentiful alts, including the TT unit. 4:1 female:male ratio. I don't mind Fates getting a banner but I wanted new characters and there are still plenty left to add.

I will say positives: The art is gorgeous. I even like Male Corrin's, which seems to be a rare opinion on here. The theme seems interesting, too, I just think it should be seasonal and that Camilla is dreadfully out of place and feels incredibly shoehorned in.

For anyone feeling bad about liking the banner or even liking fanservice... I don't want you to feel that way even with the negative attitude towards these banners on here. I'm a fan of fanservice dedicated to my tastes (although not all the time... Less is often more for me - my favourite character is a random red knight in fullish cavalry armour)... I just feel they overdo it a lot and it is incredibly skewed in one direction, but that's to be expected since that seems to be where the money comes from.

I honestly hope anyone going for anything on this banner gets what they want. I'm going to skip it aside from the free pull for M!Corrin and hope the next banner doesn't fill me with the same disappointment or that the feh channel has something to excitement. I'm doubting it though.

Edited by Cute Chao

Hmmm. Interesting. I’m glad I can skip this banner. Mikoto looks nice, but not really a fan of the other art of the characters. Especially female Corrin, I hate, hate that odd, watercolor/brush/weird eyes style, it actually makes the art director in me, cringe.

I don’t really care about 4/5 new alts either, though I do think Camilla is just getting out of hand. But if she’s literally the cash cow, then I get it. It’s just sad that she IS the cash cow and that (some)people spending money are doing it solely because curves. Which is fine, but just a little sad they can make characters with god awful personalities (imo) popular just because of that one factor. 

Though, maybe another Robin alt now would be beneficial. ?

Hmm, I think I’ll just do the free pull for Male Corrin’s null skill. Though I don’t like their fashion choices for him. Azura’s Dress? Really? Just looks .... out of place. Which is a shame cause I think the art itself is pretty.

@Diovani Bressan@mampfoid Could also be her weapon. If the +3 to all is to much just have it so that the weapon reads 'if sing or dance is used, target is also restored for 10 HP'. Or maybe 15 if 10 is too low. Of course it could also be the reverse. When healing allies with a staff, also enables target to take another action. Units with sing or dance do not get another action.

2 minutes ago, Usana said:

When healing allies with a staff, also enables target to take another action. Units with sing or dance do not get another action.

If that skill would be inheritable ... 

2 minutes ago, Usana said:

Could also be her weapon. If the +3 to all is to much just have it so that the weapon reads 'if sing or dance is used, target is also restored for 10 HP'. Or maybe 15 if 10 is too low.

Sounds reasonable and would make her a very valuable unit. 

6 minutes ago, Usana said:

@Diovani Bressan@mampfoid Could also be her weapon. If the +3 to all is to much just have it so that the weapon reads 'if sing or dance is used, target is also restored for 10 HP'. Or maybe 15 if 10 is too low. Of course it could also be the reverse. When healing allies with a staff, also enables target to take another action. Units with sing or dance do not get another action.

i went with 10 HP because the "Healing Dance 1" would be 5 HP, "Healing Dance 2" would be 7HP, "Healing Dance 3" would be 10 HP, similar to Poison Strike's HP damage. Having the healing effect on a weapon is also a good thing.

Healing too much could, for example, take a unit from the Brazen or Desperation HP requirement. It's a price to pay.

Edited by Diovani Bressan