New Heroes Appear: Adrift (November 9 ~)

Coolmanio

2 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Yes there were others that complained, but it was very few compared to the legions with Lyn and Lucina oh and Camilla whenever she gets an alt or is mentioned in any form.  

You said, and I quote:

19 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

However was there even one complaint about them?  Can't recall, no one cared.

Don't move the fucking goalposts.

Edited by Sunwoo

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"New Heroes". *only one new hero*

Is IS even trying?

I get it, the lore behind this banner is pretty interesting (might be Heirs of Fates versions of these characters), but man, we did not need more alts. Really hope the amount of dislikes on both versions of the video and the comments on the official Twitter accounts from both English and Japanese fans show IS that they need to stop this.

Edited by MrPerson0

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

FFS, I complained about the four Xander the four Takumi the four (is it four, can't even remember) Hector, as well as the five Lyn and Lucina and Camila. YES, THERE WAS "EVEN ONE COMPLAINT ABOUT THEM".

This is just getting stupid. I do think there was more of an outrage towards some of the female characters like Lyn and Lucina and Camilla, but it's completely disingenuous to act like EVERYONE was COMPLETELY FINE with guy characters getting four alts.

I'm really okay with everyone getting 5 alts or more. Actually, I prefer that than adding Lugh, or some characters like him.

If you don't want to get these alts, it's good, keep your orbs and wait for characters you want. Be happy when a character you like is added, please don't complain when it make happy someone else. If laugh was added, or even Hans, I will be happy for their fan, and because I will keep my orbs.

1 minute ago, Drakhis said:

I'm really okay with everyone getting 5 alts or more. Actually, I prefer that than adding Lugh, or some characters like him.

If you don't want to get these alts, it's good, keep your orbs and wait for characters you want. Be happy when a character you like is added, please don't complain when it make happy someone else. If laugh was added, or even Hans, I will be happy for their fan, and because I will keep my orbs.

I have just as much of a right to complain as you have a right to be happy. This is also only my second (or third) post in the thread, and I only replied because of someone else's disingenuous comment.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I have just as much of a right to complain as you have a right to be happy. This is also only my second (or third) post in the thread, and I only replied because of someone else's disingenuous comment.

I'm just saying that it will bring you nothing to complain, and it will hurt someone else, when being happy is good for you, and don't hurt someone else. Just try to be positive. I'm not saying you what to do, but what I think is better for everyone. Sorry if I seem aggressive, even in my native languages it seems like I'm aggressive, but it really isn't my goal.

Edited by Drakhis

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

You said, and I quote:

Don't move the fucking goalposts.

Oh man you are going to be a douche and bring this up again?  Okay I made a general statement, learn to interpret things.  I'm sorry you are so upset you lost our last argument, get over it.

EVERYBODY!

LOVE!

AND!

PEACE!

There will be more banners! Focus on the positives-free orbs from the new maps, the TT giving some new Seals, solid fodder options! It's fine if you don't like the characters, but you don't have to ruin it for everyone else!

2 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

EVERYBODY!

LOVE!

AND!

PEACE!

There will be more banners! Focus on the positives-free orbs from the new maps, the TT giving some new Seals, solid fodder options! It's fine if you don't like the characters, but you don't have to ruin it for everyone else!

Thanks, it's what I'm trying to say but it seems it doesn't work ^^

16 hours ago, Florete said:

I know everyone hates the banner but the art is pretty nice. Imo this is the best-looking FCorrin and Camilla yet.

I mean if any of you play fgo than man they must be pissed at all the alt saber gets in that. All the Alter jeanne d arcs and all the other servents. I can tell they only play Heroes.

18 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

This is the best mindset. it's fine to not like a new banner and everyone's welcome to send IS feedback telling them they want something different, but a lot of the vitriol being spat at Fates/Awakening and their fans is anything but helpful. And it's one thing on this site where people are mostly well-behaved even when there's disagreement, but if you go on pretty much any other FE community right now and don't agree with hating this banner you've got a good chance being told to kill yourself, drink bleach or that you're the "problem" with this fanbase.(had the latter two happen myself) This fanbase has big negativity issues sometimes.

Edited by Alkaid

1 minute ago, Drakhis said:

Thanks, it's what I'm trying to say but it seems it doesn't work ^^

Since every alt is a possible lost slot for a new character, we will have to wait longer to get new ones. This frustrating, if you are waiting for your favourite characters. Staying positive is well, but not easy...

13 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Oh man you are going to be a douche and bring this up again?  Okay I made a general statement, learn to interpret things.  I'm sorry you are so upset you lost our last argument, get over it.

1) You should learn to phrase things better
2) If you're going to hold arguments about "who won or lost a certain argument", arguments that weren't even "won" or "lost" you're clearly a child.

14 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

I'm just saying that it will bring you nothing to complain, and it will hurt someone else, when being happy is good for you, and don't hurt someone else. Just try to be positive. I'm not saying you what to do, but what I think is better for everyone. Sorry if I seem aggressive, even in my native languages it seems like I'm aggressive, but it really isn't my goal.

Honestly, I get the sentiment but that's generally a lot easier to say when you're happy with what's coming out. For someone whose favorite character is Camilla, for example, at this rate they're getting two Camilla alts a year. Of course they're happy! And of course it's not nice to see other people complaining about their favorite characters.. But if someone is a Binding Blade fan whose favorite character was not in launch, or a Thracia or RD or PoR fan whose favorite character has not yet been added at all, do you really think it's so easy to just overlook that their own favorite games keep getting passed over? Do you really think it's so easy to be happy for someone whose favorite character was in launch and keep on getting so many alts?

Also, considering that I haven't made any personal attacks towards anyone who likes Camilla, nor do I even want to, I'm not sure how what I'm saying is supposed to "hurt someone else".

Wait...  So people shouldn't express the fact that they are unhappy?  Why do we have to keep it to ourselves?  It can be cathartic to share unhappiness with others who feel the same.  As long as we aren't being mean (when I made my post, I tried to say something positive as well), why don't we have as much right to post as those who are happy?

I get not wanting other people to be unhappy about the things you are happy about, but that's the nature of the world.  I'm sure some people will be unhappy when I finally get the Radiant Dawn banner I want and it has no characters they want.  Some people, and I'm among them, are a little sick of the games we like being pushed so far down the line by games that have way more representation.  They felt the need to assure us Radiant Dawn is not coming until January because it has only had one banner, total, and had no characters in at launch.  Fates got more alts in this banner than unique characters RD got since the game launched (Sanaki, Micaiah, Oliver, and Sothe).  That's plenty of reason to be upset and want to talk to others about it.

I'm glad lots of people are happy, but does that really mean I can't come here to commiserate with other people who are just as unhappy as I am that the games I love are pushed so far to the side?  As long as we're not being rude (and I'm not saying no one has crossed that line), why can't we talk too?

(This response is primarily to those saying we shouldn't complain at all.  I strongly agree that complaints can go overboard and shouldn't devolve into insults or bashing Fates fans.)

Edited by Venmi

2 minutes ago, FireEmblemfan2006 said:

I mean if any of you play fgo than man they must be pissed at all the alt saber gets in that. All the Alter jeanne d arcs and all the other servents. I can tell they only play Heroes.

That would be a fair comparison if a large portion of Heroes's characters were original characters, but they're not.

The Fate series has fewer characters available to them in their source material, meaning the vast majority of them are already in the game. That's not the same situation as Heroes, where there is a literal mountain of characters in its source material, most of which still aren't in the game.

In Heroes, there is the expectation that characters from the source material will be represented, so repeats result in the slowing down of release of other characters. In Fate and other games with less source material, repeat characters don't really slow down the release of other characters because there isn't a list of characters that aren't in the game.

4 minutes ago, Venmi said:

Wait...  So people aren't allowed to express the fact that they are unhappy?

It's generally caused by the fact that some unhappy people are unnecessarily caustic or hyperbolic in the expression of their unhappiness.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's generally caused by the fact that some unhappy people are unnecessarily caustic or hyperbolic in the expression of their unhappiness.

Okay, that's fair...  I guess my reaction was that the responses were being a little hyperbolic extreme too then in saying people shouldn't complain period.  That's what occasioned my response.

Edit: Upon thinking about it, hyperbolic wasn't the word I was looking for in my sentence.  Extreme fits better.

Edited by Venmi

13 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

But if someone is a Binding Blade fan whose favorite character was not in launch, or a Thracia or RD or PoR fan whose favorite character has not yet been added at all, do you really think it's so easy to just overlook that their own favorite games keep getting passed over?

I can understand that feeling, I wanted Leif since the launch, but even when there is multiple banner that I don't care about, I'm still Happy about it for the fans of the new characters. Legendary Eirika take the place of Hrid that I really wanted, but I was still happy. I know that I'm easily happy with FEH because I want to be happy for others. For me it's really easy: If I like I say it, If I don't I'm happy for the others. Maybe it's weird, but I am like that ^^

"Is this an out of season April fools joke?" Okay more out of season seasonal banner. It's just so....Bad. 

Objectively this banner is adding some nice and very absurd skills (I'm guessing Dull Follow up will be a 300sp skill to really drive home the absurdity of it) so what ever, I doubt there will be a demotion but if their is it'll likely be F!Corrin. So her A will at least be somewhat accessible. I also expect us to come out of this with a really strong flier...

But the actual Character side of this is just...bad it's the ultimate awful pandering "People like Azura" "If we dress others up as Azura they will like them too" I know this is a cynical view but really this is just awful, The idea of it being a Revelations banner is alls I can get, but for that they could have just done the Noble promote Corrins, Mikoto and Annakos or something. Arete would also work. It's still two alts but it looks more creative. I'm not even acknowledging Camillas existence in this banner, they just went "But what if we give Azuras outfit side boob"

I don't hate Fate/Awakening banners, I started the series with Awakening, I'll actually defend them in some ways, but this is the line that make people outright hate the games, when your getting nothing new or actually interesting. But here were getting Mikoto alt before the unit, to be thrown on the pile with Charlotte and Noire  most likely. At least Noire is actually the weapon she mostly is seen with.

But that my ranting vent, I went in expecting an Awakening or Fates banner since the RD and Binding Blade announcement was obviously a way to damage control, I just wasn't expecting 4 Identical outfit units, 3 alts, and an alt to a new character... I can't wait to see the TT Azura.

38 minutes ago, FireEmblemfan2006 said:

1. OG Saber has only a single Alt in her Summer form. Apart from sharing the same name Alter, MHX and Lancer are completely different characters. The same applies for Jeanne and Jeanne Alter.
2. The only one who has an abundance of Alts is Elizabeth but at least there is a comedic factor to it and all of them are welfares.
3. Otherwise most Servants have only a single Alt. Unlike IS DW knows the wor dvariety.

Heroes in comparision manages to have 3+ alts on mostly Awakening/Fates characters.

2 minutes ago, DemolisherBPB said:

But the actual Character side of this is just...bad it's the ultimate awful pandering "People like Azura" "If we dress others up as Azura they will like them too"

The characters in this banner are under the control of Anankos. They're wearing Vallite clothing, which happens to be what Azura wears normally.

Arete's and Anankos's Cipher card arts also have examples of Vallite clothing.

I'm starting to get sick of having to say this once every page.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

The characters in this banner are under the control of Anankos. They're wearing Vallite clothing, which happens to be what Azura wears normally.

This banner is much more fun if you assume the Corrins raided Azura's wardrobe. Apparently she DOES have leggings that don't just cover one leg.

In before our Azura alt shows up with just a hoodie and some sweatpants because it's the only outfit the Corrins left for her.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Arete's and Anankos's Cipher card arts also have examples of Vallite clothing.

I'm starting to get sick of having to say this once every page.

Actually didnt know that Azuras Clothes were Vallite clothing. Maybe they should put up a reminder in Heroes for this like they did for getting a free Fjorm (for completing chapter blabla).

Now once more, with feeling please ._.

71845UPmMEL._SL1074_.jpg

3 minutes ago, Thane said:

In before our Azura alt shows up with just a hoodie and some sweatpants because it's the only outfit the Corrins left for her.

Or better yet, they're clothes the summoner had to lend to her.

Just now, Thane said:

This banner is much more fun if you assume the Corrins raided Azura's wardrobe. Apparently she DOES have leggings that don't just cover one leg.

Here I am slightly disappointed that no one else has the same exposed underwear look that Azura has.

Tiny Azura in a hoodie and sweatpants would be pretty awesome. Give her a lollipop, too, and the look would be perfect.