Empty Map Assests for SOV?

Anyone know how I could get a hold of the empty versions of the battle maps for Echoes? If you don't know what I mean this picture is what I am looking for the only difference is that this is the Gaiden version and not the echoes version.If Anyone could tell me how I could get a hold of the Echoes version I would appreciate it, I haven't been able to find them anywhere.

image.png

200px-Fire_Emblem_SoV_testmap1.png

Edited by JimmyBeans
2 Pictures?

Unfortunately it's a bit more complicated since Echoes (and also Awakening and Fates) use 3D models for the maps. Therefore, I'm not sure if they actually exist.

There are two ways you could achieve that though, but both have their fair share of problems.

1. You could take multiple screenshots of the map from a fixed distance. All the while, you'd need to move the player and enemy units out of the way. I think this might be possible in Echoes only, since it actually has a proper birds-eye-view camera (whereas Awakening and Fates only have a slanted camera, if that makes sense). I am guessing Fire Emblem Wars of Dragons uses this technique--and it would probably be the easiest, if slightly tedious, way to get the maps.

2. This would require some technical skill, but you could theoretically dump the map files from the game using a hacked 3DS/2DS or acquire them from somebody who has already dumped the files. Then you could load the files in a program that can read 3DS model files like Ohana3DS and view the map that way. Trouble is, I don't think any program has 100% compatibility and I've noticed the textures aren't always read in the correct order, so the maps don't look right. Also, smaller objects like barrels and crates may need to be loaded separately. So this probably wouldn't even work, ahaha.

Sorry that I can't help, but hopefully that explains your difficulty in locating the maps.