Book III Opens: December 2018 (Speculation + Discussion)

Coolmanio

16 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Agreed. However slight, it does add to his character.

I mean, they are just copying Ashnard's personality there.  Nothing we saw of Sutr told us he followed the weak obey the strong creed he vomited during Book 2. In fact the the final battle against him is all about how he talks a bunch of nonsense he doesn't believe in because it will allow him to be cruel.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so I just saw the Book 3 teaser (the one that's more than a distressed Sharena.) Hel is definitely aiming to kill Askr's king and Kiran. Oh man, I'm actually really excited about this. (Which...sounds terrible, actually.) I'm one of those people who has enjoyed the writing thus far since I see it as part of a story rather than the entire story, and oh man does this add to that. I bet Book 3 is going to be about the Heroes and Askrans trying to save Kiran from Hel after he gets killed (and maybe saving the king, too? Could go either way of "it was my time" or rescuing him and getting him as a free unit. Even if he stays dead, we could maybe get King Alfonse as a free legendary unit as a result.)

But goodness, this is exciting stuff. My guesses (of King Askr and Kiran being the ones Hel kills) are based on the recent Xenologue's events and on the images in the teaser.

To comment on the technical side of things, there'll be maintenance work done on the 28th, which probably means we're getting Book 3 on the 29th. I say this because I think the maintenance period before Book 2 also included adding all the Book 2 content, so it'd be better to start Book 3 right away than have everything datamined days in advance if they're adamant about starting it in December. Thoughts?

Either way, I fully expect a full reveal of the story, new characters (including another freebie, I hope) and mechanics within the next week. Can't wait!

I just had a thought.... what if well the main protagonists of Book 3 arent Alfonse Sharena and Anna

What if they give us 3 new starting heroes in the form of...

Original Veronica
Bruno
and a 3. character?

Embla trying to save the Askrs with Bruno as their lead!?!?

Well maybe the 3. character is Alfonse as the sole survivor!?!?

Edited by Hilda

16 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I just had a thought.... what if well the main protagonists of Book 3 arent Alfonse Sharena and Anna

Original Veronica
Bruno
and a 3. character?

That's way too drastic a change to ever happen xD Would be cool, though!

Edited by DefyingFates

I'm seeing a lot of people saying that the figure we see at the end of the new video is Sharena, but I'm seeing Alfonse? The head gear is the exact same, the hair matches (cause Alfonse has those flicky up bits), and I'm pretty sure he has heels.

Either way, I'm very excited for Book III, the way it's being set up interests me a lot more than Book II did.

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

That's way too drastic a change to ever happen xD Would be cool, though!

I dont think its too drastic, its exciting! We could learn about the Embla past and the journey of Bruno and what he found out! This could realisticly happen. he helped before in Book II and might actually know about Hel!

4 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Okay, so I just saw the Book 3 teaser (the one that's more than a distressed Sharena.) Hel is definitely aiming to kill Askr's king and Kiran. Oh man, I'm actually really excited about this. (Which...sounds terrible, actually.) I'm one of those people who has enjoyed the writing thus far since I see it as part of a story rather than the entire story, and oh man does this add to that. I bet Book 3 is going to be about the Heroes and Askrans trying to save Kiran from Hel after he gets killed (and maybe saving the king, too? Could go either way of "it was my time" or rescuing him and getting him as a free unit. Even if he stays dead, we could maybe get King Alfonse as a free legendary unit as a result.)

But goodness, this is exciting stuff. My guesses (of King Askr and Kiran being the ones Hel kills) are based on the recent Xenologue's events and on the images in the teaser.

Based on the Xenologue, I'm pretty sure Sharena is also going to bite it, given how Loki singled her out with the "death hangs over you" comment.

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

To comment on the technical side of things, there'll be maintenance work done on the 28th, which probably means we're getting Book 3 on the 29th. I say this because I think the maintenance period before Book 2 also included adding all the Book 2 content, so it'd be better to start Book 3 right away than have everything datamined days in advance if they're adamant about starting it in December. Thoughts?

Either way, I fully expect a full reveal of the story, new characters (including another freebie, I hope) and mechanics within the next week. Can't wait!

Yeah, I'd imagine a Feh Channel will likely come next week with the maintenance coming next Friday.

1 hour ago, Sentinel07 said:

Based on the Xenologue, I'm pretty sure Sharena is also going to bite it, given how Loki singled her out with the "death hangs over you" comment.

I don't know about that. She could've been using the plural "you" referring to the Order of Heroes and Askr, and not Sharena specifically. It was just Sharena who temporarily cornered Loki, so she's the one she told. That's what I think, especially after that still shot of Alfonse, Kiran and one other.

Edit: And said "other" is likely King Askr.

Edited by Mercakete

6 hours ago, Lau said:

I'm seeing a lot of people saying that the figure we see at the end of the new video is Sharena, but I'm seeing Alfonse? The head gear is the exact same, the hair matches (cause Alfonse has those flicky up bits), and I'm pretty sure he has heels.

Either way, I'm very excited for Book III, the way it's being set up interests me a lot more than Book II did.

They're speculating about the bodies on the ground not the figure standing over them, the latter is most definitely Alfonse.

1 hour ago, Solaris998 said:

They're speculating about the bodies on the ground not the figure standing over them, the latter is most definitely Alfonse.

Oops, says a lot about my reading skills, hahah!

If Hel is the ruler of the underworld, I suppose there is also a possibility the conflict is taken there where even characters that were killed could be seen again, and perhaps even saved.

So maybe killing them isn't really killing them. Then, perhaps, I could believe Sharena being killed to be a possibility.

16 hours ago, Hilda said:

Original Veronica
Bruno
and a 3. character?

That's would be cool. Alfonse is the only survivor from the Asrk Trio, and then he need to work with Bruno and Veronica to save the others. That would be great.

Also... Something I would love:

With  Sharena  "dead", the new paralogues will not feature her, so the seasonal paralogues could be Alfonse introducing Veronica to the seasonal festivals... It would be great to developer Veronica's social part and see her reaction to heroes using bunny ears or in swimsuits.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

5 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Perhaps Sharena will be "dead" and have adventures with a limited team in the underworld? "Hello Sutr, let's be dead-buddies!"

Consering Sharena is friends with everyone i wouldnt be surprised lol

3 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Consering Sharena is friends with everyone i wouldnt be surprised lol

Sutr would be the first boss to beat by dead Sharena and join her zombie special forces afterwards. Of course not without reaching a new level of grumpy-ness. 

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

That's would be cool. Alfonse is the only survivor from the Asrk Trio, and then he need to work with Bruno and Veronica to save the others. That would be great.

Also... Something I would love:

With  Sharena  "dead", the new paralogues will not feature her, so the seasonal paralogues could be Alfonse introducing Veronica to the seasonal festivals... It would be great to developer Veronica's social part and see her reaction to heroes using bunny ears or in swimsuits.

Sharena would probably a better royal to give Veronica her introduction to feasting. Sharena is more outgoing while Alfonse probably doesn't want to be there some of the time. 

You know...I actually think the one who ends up dying will end up in the paralogues anyway. The seasonals could take place in some undefined place in time that don't really need to be pararel to the main quest.  

14 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

You know...I actually think the one who ends up dying will end up in the paralogues anyway. The seasonals could take place in some undefined place in time that don't really need to be pararel to the main quest.

This is what I expect to end up happening to be honest,  remember that the Seasonals this year never mentioned a single Book 2 character, so as of now they're just their own little side thing it seems.

On 11/22/2018 at 12:50 PM, Hilda said:

Original Veronica
Bruno
and a 3. character?

This would make me very happy since I have wanted a playable Bruno from the start.  The trailer shows Alphonse as the survivor at the end, so him being the only one to stay in the "living world" is a good possibility.  I don't think the summoner will die, because it would be a bit strange for them to still be able to summon heroes when they are dead.  I figure there will be some reason for the summoner and co. to journey through Hel's domain while still being "alive".

Judging from the ominous still and the context, I’m going to say that this is the “Empire Strikes Back” part of the saga. Embla gains an unexpected upper hand in the war and Alfonse finds himself on the losing side. The two bodies laying before him are his parents. 

3 minutes ago, ElectiveToast said:

Judging from the ominous still and the context, I’m going to say that this is the “Empire Strikes Back” part of the saga. Embla gains an unexpected upper hand in the war and Alfonse finds himself on the losing side. The two bodies laying before him are his parents. 

I think Loki is a far likelier culprit than Embla. The Askr siblings saving Veronica likely marks the beginning of Veronica slowly joining the team. She still has to take revenge on Loki for almost having her burned alive. 

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I think Loki is a far likelier culprit than Embla. The Askr siblings saving Veronica likely marks the beginning of Veronica slowly joining the team. She still has to take revenge on Loki for almost having her burned alive. 

Oh, I forgot about the latest Xenologue. I wonder who Hel looks like. Probably some generic grim reaper dude. 

Edited by ElectiveToast

2 hours ago, ElectiveToast said:

Oh, I forgot about the latest Xenologue. I wonder who Hel looks like. Probably some generic grim reaper dude. 

Hoho! But you see, Hel is a Norse goddess, so there is a greater-than-zero chance that she will be a rather attractive-looking lady. Though given her characterization shown thus far, that shall not stop people from swinging thousands of weapons at her if and when we get the chance.