Book III Opens: December 2018 (Speculation + Discussion)

Coolmanio

You called it, @Thunderstar!

And wow, I loved the writing in this chapter and I can't wait for the next; never thought I'd say that about FEH!

With this reveal, I think it's safe to say Thrasir is an older Veronica and the similar attack arts were a hint to their real identities and not just a cute "look, they have the same body language as their ancestors!" Given Lif seems protective of Eir, I'm convinced she's the Sharena of this dead world. At first I thought Sharena was born with the 1000s of souls inside her that Eir claimed to have, which is why Hel kidnapped her and wiped her memory, but a theory on the subreddit makes me think Sharena absorbed the souls from The Hear's Rite and then got kidnapped. In any case, I suspect her getting scythe'd will be what reveals this as she just gets back up. Also, she may don the black dress from the poster when she realises who she is for symbolism purposes, with her personality becoming more solemn in the process (or because Hel kidnaps her too).

Also, both the Chapter and Banner names take on a whole new meaning after playing through this!

Edited by DefyingFates

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

You called it, @Thunderstar!

And wow, I loved the writing in this chapter and I can't wait for the next; never thought I'd say that about FEH!

With this reveal, I think it's safe to say Thrasir is an older Veronica and the similar attack arts were a hint to their real identities and not just a cute "look, they have the same body language as their ancestors!" Given Lif seems protective of Eir, I'm convinced she's the Sharena of this dead world. At first I thought Sharena was born with the 1000s of souls inside her that Eir claimed to have, which is why Hel kidnapped her and wiped her memory, but a theory on the subreddit makes me think Sharena absorbed the souls from The Hear's Rite and then got kidnapped. In any case, I suspect her getting scythe'd will be what reveals this as she just gets back up. Also, she may don the black dress from the poster when she realises who she is for symbolism purposes, with her personality becoming more solemn in the process (or because Hel kidnaps her too).

Also, both the Chapter and Banner names take on a whole new meaning after playing through this!

Oh my God....I never thought of that. That sounds awesome if true!

I kempt looking for the next chapter only to feel saddened that I have to wait another month. I'm starting to think Eir is Sharena Alter as well. If not, then Sharena somehow was the primary sacrifice for the Heart ritual and her body ended up being the place where the Askran and Emblian souls got stored. Something like that.

Another theory I really like based on where we're at now (And congrats for Thunderstar, who called it with some damm fine detail (I know I've seen similar guesses before now, but I think you're on the way there).

Spoiler

I do think at least on the macro level it might be on the button.

Does that semi-confirm that Thrasir is Veronica thought similarly to Lif being alfonse?

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Another theory I really like based on where we're at now (And congrats for Thunderstar, who called it with some damm fine detail (I know I've seen similar guesses before now, but I think you're on the way there).

Hide contents

I do think at least on the macro level it might be on the button.

Also that could be possible or to some extent. 

36 minutes ago, Arcphoenix said:

I'm now curious how Alfonse would place if his and Lif's votes were combined

Alfonse ranked at 33 with 7363 votes.

Lif ranked 16 with 11876

Together, they equal 19239 votes.

This would move Alif, or Lifonse, your choice, to 10th place overall. Well above Female Corrin's 17679, but just by a few hundred losing to Chrom's 19656, which is about three thousand behind 8th place Eirika's 22771.

8 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

Does that semi-confirm that Thrasir is Veronica thought similarly to Lif being alfonse?

Latest chapter pretty much confirms it. They’re just alternate future versions of Alfonse and Veronica. 

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Alfonse ranked at 33 with 7363 votes.

Lif ranked 16 with 11876

Together, they equal 19239 votes.

This would move Alif, or Lifonse, your choice, to 10th place overall. Well above Female Corrin's 17679, but just by a few hundred losing to Chrom's 19656, which is about three thousand behind 8th place Eirika's 22771.

I prefer A Leif.

Either way, I just find it hilarious considering how people still dismiss Alfonse as being a "benchwarmer" and yet were drooling over Lif enough to catapult him all the way up to top 10 in guys.

Edited by Sunwoo

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

Latest chapter pretty much confirms it. They’re just alternate future versions of Alfonse and Veronica. 

Well I have to say that Lif fats way more meaningful screen time compared to her. But we have to wait I guess. 

1 minute ago, SuperNova125 said:

Well I have to say that Lif fats way more meaningful screen time compared to her. But we have to wait I guess. 

Mainline Veronica is on her way to Hel’s domain so it could be very likely that she’ll come across the ruined version of Embla and confront Thrasir there. Perhaps even getting some character development. Maybe. 

2 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

Mainline Veronica is on her way to Hel’s domain so it could be very likely that she’ll come across the ruined version of Embla and confront Thrasir there. Perhaps even getting some character development. Maybe. 

Yeah, with them giving this focus to Ruined Askr, I hope they don't gloss over Embla.

Come to think of it, Embla needs more development as a whole.

Edited by Sentinel07

• 1 month later...

Okay, that was one heck of a chapter! Probably one of the best, if not the best, chapter of the story to date. They really seem to be moving along at a good pace, and I'm glad we won't have to wait long to see where it goes next since we're getting another New Hero banner after this.

And that new cutscene....awesome!

On 6/12/2019 at 8:36 AM, Sentinel07 said:

Come to think of it, Embla needs more development as a whole. 

Looks like you may be getting your wish! Especially since the MacGuffin seems to be somewhere in Askr to boot.

As for the chapter, I agree: it absolutely loved it and it threw a wrinkle into the Eir=Sharena theory too. I'm wondering if Eir is a Sharena from yet another world though.

The reveal that the dead Sharena and parents we saw in the Opening Movie were Lif's versions was pretty neat too, though of course this means our Sharena is probably off the hook (unless of course this was just meant to get our guards down before Hel/ Thrasir/ Eir stabs her in the back). Anyway, until then the Sharena on the poster is Lif's, which adds some weight to her presence there, I have to admit.

Overall...yeah, I loved this chapter! To think we've already passed the midway point and it's still so gripping!

1 hour ago, MilodicMellodi said:

Gods, this song just shatters my heart...

I liked it too. It helped sell the sense that Askr is dead despite the background sprites not really changing. Book III in general has a pretty decent soundtrack. I'm fond of its usual battle theme. The boss music implying the bosses all listen to Linking Park is a bit much though.

On 6/12/2019 at 7:03 AM, Sunwoo said:

Either way, I just find it hilarious considering how people still dismiss Alfonse as being a "benchwarmer" and yet were drooling over Lif enough to catapult him all the way up to top 10 in guys.

I'm still confused at that one. At the time the voting was held Lif shouldn't even have been on the list for anything other than a joke. 

But I think the Fire Emblem community has started to warm up towards Alfonse. It started during book II but I think people have been really starting to take him seriously in book III after his daddy issues and him dissing Hell became story moments. The Bench thing might be meant affectionately. 

Story still has the same damn problem where most of the chapters are worthless filler that don't do a damn thing except "Hey, look, it's this hero that you can pull!".

And "Hurr durr I lost my sanity when they died". Yeah, no shit Lif. Too bad that you're just trying to help eliminate another Askr in the vain hope that Hel would keep her word and exchange their lives for your Askr

Even though Hel has literally no reason to do so. She'd have /two/ dead Askrs instead.

Awful.

Lol I got a warning for putting the song up. Apparently sharing a song featured in the chapter is considered spamming ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyhow, I'm a bit sad that Eir isn't an alternate Sharena. Oh well, there goes that theory XD