Book III Opens: December 2018 (Speculation + Discussion)

Coolmanio

Well now it'll certainly be curious to see how quickly we get our resolution. There's another New Heroes next, but it'll be a Paralogue if it happens to be Farfetched Heroes 3.

Kind of hoping that's later in the month. I'd like for Chapter 13 to be next.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Well now it'll certainly be curious to see how quickly we get our resolution. There's another New Heroes next, but it'll be a Paralogue if it happens to be Farfetched Heroes 3.

Kind of hoping that's later in the month. I'd like for Chapter 13 to be next.

I believe we will get Chapter 13 alongside the next New Heroes Banner, for the conclusion of Book 3. Then, the next banner after this one will may be Farfetched Heroes 3, then December will probably be taken by Seasonal Banners (Winter and New Year).

Also... A Hero Fest Banner in December, with the Book 4 introduction, like to how happened with Book 3, can be a possibility.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2019 at 5:13 PM, Diovani Bressan said:

I believe we will get Chapter 13 alongside the next New Heroes Banner, for the conclusion of Book 3. Then, the next banner after this one will may be Farfetched Heroes 3, then December will probably be taken by Seasonal Banners (Winter and New Year).

Also... A Hero Fest Banner in December, with the Book 4 introduction, like to how happened with Book 3, can be a possibility.

Why am i getting the fealing that our Book 4 free hero will be Duo-pair Bruno/Veronica to go alongside Farfetched Heroes 3 banner and a new format of Duo-Heroes banners will be introduced then in January to go alongside of Mythic/Legendary Hero banners monthly.

Some people might say it's rushed, but I'm glad it wasn't dragged out any further - there really weren't any more cards up their sleeve to show.

Good thought on having a duo hero freebie. If they're going to force us to use the Duo AR buildings as bonus ones then the least they can do is let us utilise them properly.

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

Bit sad for Líf and Thrasir. Wish they got a happier ending.

Yeah would have been nice to get some closure there. I mean, they just killed off Hel's ruler so how in the world is that place going to be handled now? At least Book 2 clarified how Nifl and Muspell were going to be handled before they ended things.

They kind of just leave the fate of Hel (the world) and it's inhabitants up in the air.

19 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

They kind of just leave the fate of Hel (the world) and it's inhabitants up in the air.

I am not sure if Hel (place) has inhabitants... Outside Hel and Eir, I believe the others were all people that died in others realms that Hel "brought back to life". Maybe now, without Hel doing these things, people who died can rest instead of being ressurected.

At least that's what I think...

Well that was a bit anticlimactic. Surtr might have overstayed his welcome but Hell might just have gone down a bit too easy. Speaking of that especially hot king its a shame we never ran into it. A paralogue did make clear Surtr entered Hell's domain after Book 2.

And what exactly was Loki doing the entire time? The trailer showed her prominently in the woods with everyone else but she only really appeared once. Maybe she took over Embla and Askr while everyone was in Hell?

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Well that was a bit anticlimactic. Surtr might have overstayed his welcome but Hell might just have gone down a bit too easy. Speaking of that especially hot king its a shame we never ran into it. A paralogue did make clear Surtr entered Hell's domain after Book 2.

And what exactly was Loki doing the entire time? The trailer showed her prominently in the woods with everyone else but she only really appeared once. Maybe she took over Embla and Askr while everyone was in Hell?

Yeah... I was expectiogn Surtr in this chapter... even Gunnthrá or Laegjarn would be interesting to have... Also, they brought back Líf and Thrasir for 1 map, but not Gustav? Another idea that I had culd be "Fallen" Sharena in the last chapter... This would be cool.

Loki was also something else... She appeared in the trailer, and in the first or second chapter, alongside Veronica, but only the little princess went ot Hel and Loki didn't. Loki became just a new mode introducer, alongside Thórr. I expect both to have a better role in Book IV.

So... what will happen to Askr? Will Henriette continue to be the ruler or Alfonse will heir the throne? And did Brino only appeared this year to participate the Spring Festival? Will Eir be demoted to a Forging Bond character, like Fjorm?

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Oh my gosh that ending. Oh man. I was not expecting the bit at the very end... Dude, that was so touching! Man..!

All the stuff with Hel and Eir was nice, too. And with the summoner. Very good chapter. Though, I do think that the next bit of story will focus on tracing Eir's origins. We're going to discover the kingdom named after the life dragon, I'm sure. And I bet that will be Valhalla. We may pick up with Bruno, too. He's been all around trying to find out how to stop Embla's royalty's curse, after all. (So devoted to that cause is he that he even dressed as a bunny to acquire more information.) Alfonse still needs to be crowned, but something tells me that'll be put off for a while. Muspell and Nifl are working on rebuilding (under Leavatein and Hrid, respectively) and if Eir's the last of the life people's royalty, then she'll need to go back to her kingdom. We're assembling to eventually fight the demon who's controlling Embla, I bet. I can't wait to hear more about Valhalla, the dragons, and the previous Emblan ruler's split bloodline! (He had 2 ladies, I believe one was Bruno's mom and the other was Veronica's, that or they share a mom but the emperor's previous wife died or something, I think.)

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Thats what happens when you squeeze a Story into small pieces and noone gets the time they need and deserve.

Look at Bruno, now Loki. She prolly is hanging out with her sister Thor somewhere

I feel disappointed in the final battle, I thought they'd include Gustav, Surtr, Laegjarn, and Helbindi (I forget if he died) in there too.

This is also the first time I wanted to replay chapters for plot, particularly the one's around Gustavs death

@Etrurian emperor @Diovani Bressan @Hilda

You guys expected Loki to do anything but watch from the sidelines and eat popcorn? This is like...her favorite show. She doesn't actually care about anyone, she just wants something interesting to watch. Though, she seemed legitimately scared of Hel, so maybe she's glad she kicked the bucket. After all, Hel's probably one of the few more powerful than Loki. As for Surtr, it was always a possibility to run into him, but I'm glad we didn't. Everything was more focused, story-wise, that way. I probably would've been okay either way, but the elements "matched" this way. Gustav could've been brought back, but I think Eir, Thrasir, and Lif are Hel's favorite toys, and probably the easiest to call upon on short notice.

Here's my theory about Eir

The land or realm of the dragons is most likely going to be Valhalla, Eir is most likely the princess of Valhalla 

we might also might be introduced to Thorr and Loki's superior *cough cough* Odin

39 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

You guys expected Loki to do anything but watch from the sidelines and eat popcorn?

Well Loki did appear in the trailer and her denial of having let Hell loose was as unconvincing as she always is. In the interlude between the books she was also a bit of a team Rocket-escue villain who showed up to cause havoc until the gang arrived to stop her. So her being up to some devilry was a pretty fair expectation. 

2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Well Loki did appear in the trailer and her denial of having let Hell loose was as unconvincing as she always is. In the interlude between the books she was also a bit of a team Rocket-escue villain who showed up to cause havoc until the gang arrived to stop her. So her being up to some devilry was a pretty fair expectation. 

Doesn't mean she didn't. Could very well be that she's where she likes to be: behind the scenes. We'll probably see more of her soon enough. As soon as peace comes, things get boring for her. Plus, Thorr and Allfather are still players, too. The trouble is that she's a goddess. Can't involve her too much or it hurts the longevity of the story.

Nice end, altough it would have been nice to have Lif, Thrasis, Gustav and Story Surtr (this means no SS4 or Surtr’s Menance) as reinforcements in the final map. 

It was very satisfaying to kill Hel with Surtr, tough

5 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

It was very satisfaying to kill Hel with Surtr, tough

Pfff! XD I didn't even think of that! That's so him, though.

Surtr: Hmph. Shows you. MY SCYTHE IS BETTER.

Seriously, though, nice.

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

And what exactly was Loki doing the entire time? The trailer showed her prominently in the woods with everyone else but she only really appeared once.

She's just there for fanservice, of course she didn't do anything meaningful.

As for the story, I liked it! The ending may have been a tad rushed, but overall I loved Book 3, especially how they used different music during cutscenes to make things more "epic".

...also, as an FE8 fan, I was obviously happy to have Sacred Stones music and characters being used for the final chapter 😛

Edited by DefyingFates

As others have said, the story felt rushed and cliché, with no conclusions in a lot of places. I at least wanted a conclusion for Lif and Thrasir, because I felt like they needed a happy ending after everything they went through. But it seems like that will never be the case. The other thing is that it didn't really say what will happen to the realm of the dead now that its ruler is gone. Hel doesn't really have an heir, and Eir is revealed to belong to a different place, so now there will be no one to watch over those who were unworthy of whatever this game’s version of Heaven/Valhalla. It just leaves one giant mess… I'm kind of hoping for an intermission to clear things up, but I'm not sure if that will happen. I'm guessing that the next place the characters enter will be Valhalla or some equivalent, and we will hopefully learn more about Loki and who she serves. Maybe Eir will reclaim the throne there or something, and regain the blessings and powers that she used to have via the dragon…

I'm kind of hoping whatever villain we get is not so one-dimensional… Hel and Surtr both felt evil for the sake of it… Especially Hel… Her story could have been the case of someone who was taking lives simply to keep her realm powerful and stable, only doing what she has to and not really deriving any particular joy in it, while one day knowing someone will eventually destroy her… It would fit with the motif of her embodying death, and make her be a neutral force, what the same time having plenty of people see her as an enemy… But the way she is now, she's just a generic villain, who could be anyone else with any motive and didn't necessarily need to have her death powers in order to be who she was... It's really a letdown…

Edited by wheelsonfire

Barring the incredibly rushed ending, i actually liked this book. Hel wasnt really a good villain but Lif kind of managed to fill that spot anyways. Felt bad for him and Thrasir at the end, very surprised by how bitter their ending was.

Im kind of mixed regarding Eir joining the team; its definitely nice that they are not trying to get rid of her via magical coughing like with Fjorm; but at the same time it feels as most of the cast barely even appears. I dont think Anna even said something in this entire chapter, and i would definitely have forgotten that Veronica was there if she didnt threaten Hel. Making the cast bigger might only make this worse in the future.

Edited by Luckenzio

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I wouldn’t call her a “team rocket” villain cause that would imply that she’s incompetent which she clearly isn’t. A “team rocket” villain is more like Veronica from book 1 

Loki if anything is the very definition of the sort of mysterious trickster villain. You know the type. The villains that say they’re working for the bad guy but you can never tell if they’re lying or not. Sort of like how Nico Robin was during One Piece’s alabasta arc or Kabuto Yakushi from Naruto. They’re sly, conniving, and you can never quite tell what they’re thinking. They’re loyalty to anyone is questionable at best because one minute they’re relishing in the demise of the heroes and the next they’re helping the heroes simply because “the game is more fun that way”. That’s the kind of villain Loki is which is fitting considering the mythological figure she’s based on.