Book III Opens: December 2018 (Speculation + Discussion)

Coolmanio

13 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

I think this still technically counts as Book 3, but that new Paralogue coming sounds very interesting.

Guess Lif and Thrasir will get at least one more appearance. Probably their last one since I imagine Book 4 will shift the focus away just like what they did with Surtr.

The dialogue we saw implies this a prequel to Book 3 to be more specific, since they talk about this being a dream that Alfonse won't believe. Not a fan of Loki being there, but if Thorr's presence means something, maybe she'll be important to Book 4 after all?

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

The dialogue we saw implies this a prequel to Book 3 to be more specific, since they talk about this being a dream that Alfonse won't believe. Not a fan of Loki being there, but if Thorr's presence means something, maybe she'll be important to Book 4 after all?

Pretty sure this is not a prequel to Book 3 since Thrasir mentions "Can you give us what Hel could not?". 

1 hour ago, Sentinel07 said:

Pretty sure this is not a prequel to Book 3 since Thrasir mentions "Can you give us what Hel could not?". 

That could happen before too, there's nothing to say Lif and Thrasir didn't try to find other ways to save their world while working for Hel 🙂

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

That could happen before too, there's nothing to say Lif and Thrasir didn't try to find other ways to save their world while working for Hel 🙂

That sounds like it'd be a bit of an asspull as no such thing was ever implied before.

Plus, Lif's quote to Thorr that "their war is done" wouldn't make sense before Book 3 as he was still determined to save his world at that time.

9 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

That sounds like it'd be a bit of an asspull as no such thing was ever implied before.

Plus, Lif's quote to Thorr that "their war is done" wouldn't make sense before Book 3 as he was still determined to save his world at that time.

Oh, I didn't see that line, thanks! Hmm...he could be referring to Askr's initial war against Hel, but...

And that pretty much brings Book 3 to a close.

Lif and Thrasir get recruited by Thorr, which sounds a lot like Surtr getting recruited by Hel. Although, given Lif's words that he intends to break free at some point, maybe we'll actually see him and Thrasir in the future instead of how Surtr just disappeared.

And we likely have our next antagonists: the Dark Elves.

1 hour ago, Sentinel07 said:

And that pretty much brings Book 3 to a close.

Lif and Thrasir get recruited by Thorr, which sounds a lot like Surtr getting recruited by Hel. Although, given Lif's words that he intends to break free at some point, maybe we'll actually see him and Thrasir in the future instead of how Surtr just disappeared.

Great, so we're going from second best Thor villain to worst Thor villain.

Considering we're getting the Dark Elves, I wonder if we'll get their Light counterparts here. They would make for easy allies for IS to use for the story, and one of them could be our freebie for the year. 

6 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Wait, what? I remember another name being mentioned that wasn't Alfador, is that what it means?

5 hours ago, Medeus said:

Considering we're getting the Dark Elves, I wonder if we'll get their Light counterparts here. They would make for easy allies for IS to use for the story, and one of them could be our freebie for the year. 

I'm not complaining! It would be nice if we got a free Hero with Pair Up though. Duo Heroes are probably too new in IS' eyes to give away, but Pair Up Heroes have been around for a while, so...on the other hand, they might be "too useful" to give for free 😕

I stand corrected on the Xenologue, it is an epilogue after all! Lif at least threatens to defect so he and Thrasir may actually show up in Book 4 unlike Surtr, but I'm not holding my breath. It's odd that the FE6 characters weren't in the map though; just Loki and some generics.

P.S. We heard the Hall of Forms music when Thorr appeared; maybe that's her theme? Either that or IS used a placeholder while they work on Book 4's assets~

Edited by DefyingFates

Wait, what? I remember another name being mentioned that wasn't Alfador, is that what it means?

I'm not complaining! It would be nice if we got a free Hero with Pair Up though. Duo Heroes are probably too new in IS' eyes to give away, but Pair Up Heroes have been around for a while, so...on the other hand, they might be "too useful" to give for free 😕

I stand corrected on the Xenologue, it is an epilogue after all! Lif at least threatens to defect so he and Thrasir may actually show up in Book 4 unlike Surtr, but I'm not holding my breath. It's odd that the FE6 characters weren't in the map though; just Loki and some generics.

P.S. We heard the Hall of Forms music when Thorr appeared; maybe that's her theme? Either that or IS used a placeholder while they work on Book 4's assets~

Yes, the term Loki uses does translate to Dark Elves, according to Google at least.

I'm going to guess that if Lif and Thrasir show up again, it probably won't be in Book 4. Thorr and Loki are obviously up to something, but I get the feeling that will remain in the background for the time being while the Dark Elves take the role of main antagonists.

On a different note, looks like the new Tap Battle we're getting will be Book 3 themed. I'll be curious to see the extent of how much they give it for the going away party.

Edited by Sentinel07

16 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I'll be curious to see the extent of how much they give it for the going away party.

Yeah, it really does seem like we're in that part of the cycle, doesn't it? Time sure does fly...

Edited by DefyingFates

Nice to see Lif and Thrasir show up again… Although the poor guys still don't get a conclusion, just being thrown into war again… At least they are fighting for the right side this time (hopefully) and by their own will… I still wonder if we will get the real ones, or the former will get a redesign since they're no longer stuck with Hel… I'm really liking Thorr’s theme though, and it's a nice contrast to Loki’s… At least we know what they both are, in a sense… I was kind of hoping Thorr would be the new ally for book 4, but the allies often aren't shown in the prelude visions, and Thorr’s demeanor hints that there's something more sinister going on… Instead, I have a bad feeling that once we deal with those that cause nightmares/the dark elves that the heavens themselves will be the final boss… (Since it's implied that there will be five books, and the fifth will be the last; the implication is somewhere on the board, even though there's none in game). But then if both heaven and hell are taken down, than the mortal world will collapse with it or something, unless some of the characters become new rulers… Or are the game intends to have the characters cause of the end of the world, in which is everything would collapse... And then the names Lif and Thrasir take on a much darker meaning…

1 hour ago, wheelsonfire said:

Since it's implied that there will be five books, and the fifth will be the last; the implication is somewhere on the board

Can you explain what makes you think that, please? Are the nine realms almost all used up at this point?

Can you explain what makes you think that, please? Are the nine realms almost all used up at this point?

I think it kind of depends on what blueprint the writers are following. When I googled the Nine Realms, I saw there were two different versions. 

And that's significant because Hel is only considered in one of them.

4 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Yes, the term Loki uses does translate to Dark Elves, according to Google at least.

Alfaðör? I was under the impression it was a weird spelling of “Allfather.” Looking that up, it’s an alternate title of Odin the god

Edited by Arcphoenix

Considering we already have an Odin, if the Norse King of the Gods shows up, it'll be a more Runic/Scandinavian spelling of his name, Wotan? Wodan? -It'll keep him being confused with Dynamic Spark Sword!.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

43 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I think it kind of depends on what blueprint the writers are following. When I googled the Nine Realms, I saw there were two different versions. 

And that's significant because Hel is only considered in one of them.

There's that, but since the Books are self-contained stories I figured FEH would keep inventing new stories until it closed. Heck, there's only one overarching plot thread (the Emblian curse) and that's so rarely brought up it's a meme at this point. I just assumed that the day we get a conclusion to that story is the day FEH winds down.

2 hours ago, Arcphoenix said:

Alfaðör? I was under the impression it was a weird spelling of “Allfather.” Looking that up, it’s an alternate title of Odin the god

Wrong term. Loki mentions another term to Alfonse, to which I can't spell. She calls them the bringer of nightmares from another realm.

15 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

While I doubt they'd do it as well, that would be a pretty neat idea to do for the story, especially if the Duo Heroes were one Light and one Dark Elf team to ideally give us better context on both groups.

11 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Kind of jumping in here, but assuming that the places that the story has gone to so far count as their own realm, we've at least seen three: Niflheim, Muspelheim, and Helheim, with Zenith potentially being an analogue for Midgard as our fourth. The next Book seems to be focusing on the Dark Elves, so we're going to Svartalfaheim for certain, and if the Light Elves are included we'll get Alfheim, giving us potentially six total by its end. That means we still have three (or four if Zenith doesn't count as Midgard) others that the story could focus on, with the last one we visit likely being Asgard due to the build-up with Thor and Loki. 

Edited by Medeus

24 minutes ago, Medeus said:

While I doubt they'd do it as well, that would be a pretty neat idea to do for the story, especially if the Duo Heroes were one Light and one Dark Elf team to ideally give us better context on both groups.

Kind of jumping in here, but assuming that the places that the story has gone to so far count as their own realm, we've at least seen three: Niflheim, Muspelheim, and Helheim, with Zenith potentially being an analogue for Midgard as our fourth. The next Book seems to be focusing on the Dark Elves, so we're going to Svartalfaheim for certain, and if the Light Elves are included we'll get Alfheim, giving us potentially six total by its end. That means we still have three (or four if Zenith doesn't count as Midgard) others that the story could focus on, with the last one we visit likely being Asgard due to the build-up with Thor and Loki. 

Yeah, whether or not Askr/Embla count as one of the realms has often been on my mind too since there's not an obvious connection like the others. Guess we'll have to see.

Thank fuck the story ended.

I didn't think it was possible that I'd miss Surtr, but holy shit did Hel prove to me that we can make villains even worse, just in different ways.

The keywords to Book III were missed potential. It only further showed to me the folly of how FEH's story progress goes, where one or two segments of a chapter (if we're lucky, three or four) tells a story. The crunch involved is so fucking bad. Eir was just as worthless as Fjorm was up until the very, very end, which to her credit is more than Fjorm had.

Baby steps to improvement but otherwise? Ugh.

I can't wait to see how Book IV disappoints me. Or doesn't. If we're lucky, they'll write worth a damn.

Sorry if this seems overly scathing but after Three Houses, I have higher standards for FEH story. I don't care if this is mobile because I've seen mobile games try and succeed with story or at the very least, really try harder even if the end result is baffling (Final Fantasy Brave Exvius season 2 comes to mind...)

27 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

So I don't know much about norse Mythology so can can someone explain a bit what are these tings Loki mentioned and some basics about te e worlds so tat I can understand what's happening (I tried searching but I was confused even more). 

Short version is that in Norse Mythology there are nine realms that include Asgard (heaven*), Midgard (earth), Niflheim, Helheim and Muspellheim. You may recognise the last three as locations in Books 2 and 3 (just without the "heim"). Loki referenced a race called the Dark Elves, who have their own realm. The Dark Elves have counterparts in the Light Elves who also have their own realm, so the theory right now is that Book 4 deals with one or both of them.

Also, the Alfador Loki and Thorr refer to is the Allfather, i.e. Odin.

* The Norse afterlife is a bit more complex than just "heaven" (specifically, "Asgard" is where the gods dwell) but I think this is enough for a simple summary such as this. Let me know if I'm wrong!

Edited by DefyingFates

So... Now that Hel has been killed, will Eir replace her? Probably she won't appear in Book 4 story, just like Fjorm didn't appear in Book 3. It would be a nice way to justify her absence. Also, Hel is the death itself, if nobody took her place, would that mean nobody would die anymore?

7 minutes ago, Yukiko said:

Also, Hel is the death itself

I figured Hel was a personification/ aspect of death, not death itself...otherwise the multiverse is about to get much more crowded and Thanos would have an aneurysm. I was certain this was the last we'd see of Eir, but with that hint of her true parentage she may pop up later down the line (or at least get mentioned). Even if not she'll probably show up in future Forging Bonds like Fjorm is right now, so there's that too.

Speaking of Book 4 though, it occured to me this morning that Book 3 started in early-ish December so we're probably due for a reveal any day now. Granted I'm pretty sure we got that Sharena teaser much earlier, so Book 4 may be coming out in January instead (which means each "era" of FEH) will last 13 months, not 12.

P.S. Should we start a Book 4 thread, or are we all waiting for official news about it to come out first?

6 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I figured Hel was a personification/ aspect of death, not death itself...otherwise the multiverse is about to get much more crowded

At first I thought this too, but when Hel is killed in chapter 13, she says something like "Can death itself... actually perish?", so I thought that meant she was more than a personification... It's something they left very ambiguous...