Book III Opens: December 2018 (Speculation + Discussion)

Coolmanio

Like Surtr, I expect Hel to menace them periodically. I expect her to push Askr back pretty soon, it's still really early in the plot, with Askr blindly rushing into enemy territory without any idea what they are doing, unless the terse story structure left something important out.

But I'm just patiently waiting for Loki and Veronica to make a reappearance.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liked the whole Gustav thing and his axe is awesome he KOed my Surtr like it was nothing.

Also I like how they didn't make Hel immortal without any weakness and with absolute power (basically Surtr 2.0). Story Surtr was way more broken than any FE villian. This chapter basically established that Hel isn't invincible and that was nice.

I feel quite undervalued when Anna said the Order of Heroes is great for "small" scale operations. Excuse me, Anna! I am no free player and my Barracks has over 1,000 Heroes, and with 20 Dancers/Singers, unless the enemy is reinforcing like crazy (which they are not by the way), it should have been an easy mop up operation. The Order of Heroes should be leading the charge to conquer Hel and show them who the true master of death is. Hel should be on her knees begging for mercy to preserve her throne.

My first thought on the branch had been that it was an old practice sword. I guess I was half right. Wow, there was so much more significance to that branch than use as a plot device! I want a young Alfonse alt now. Man, this bit was great. It really showed the family bonds so well. Alfonse risking his life to go after Hel makes sense, too. If Hel took over the world, they'd all be dead anyway, so keeping himself cooped up in a castle wouldn't make much sense. Most of Askr's fighting force is tied up buying time anyway, so it's not like there's anyone else to send, either.

Man, that cliffhanger was annoying… I was really looking forward to them exploring the realm of the dead… Guess I will have to wait till next month, at least… Also, patiently waiting for the game to catch up with the trailer, or at least some of it… I feel like it can't be too long now, because a chapter or two marks the halfway point. I have to say Gustav’s fate would've held more meaning if we've gotten to know him better before it happened, but at least it's given all the creepiness it deserves… It's interesting because Hel has weakness and limits, but it's odd because Death itself has none of those… It will be interesting to see how that works out… And if the trailer is true, then Alfonse’s plan goes horribly wrong…

Speaking of creepiness, this summoning banner and the accompanying events really seem to show just how truly horrifying what happened to Idenn is… It's a good expansion, but does anyone else wish that the developers had made it so that her character was based on what was shown in Binding Blade’s true ending (where she has her soul restored eventually, and inexplicably)? It probably would've been interesting, considering we never get to see what her true personality actually was in her home game… She's a popular character, though, so she might get an alt...

30 minutes ago, wheelsonfire said:

Speaking of creepiness, this summoning banner and the accompanying events really seem to show just how truly horrifying what happened to Idenn is… It's a good expansion, but does anyone else wish that the developers had made it so that her character was based on what was shown in Binding Blade’s true ending (where she has her soul restored eventually, and inexplicably)? It probably would've been interesting, considering we never get to see what her true personality actually was in her home game… She's a popular character, though, so she might get an alt...

Idunno. (Pun intended.) I kind of prefer this more dour version. (Or, at least, I like more dour characters in general. Peppy is kind of fun, but it can get tiring for me. Like, I feel wore out sometimes, reading their excessive energy...) I wouldn't be opposed to seeing another side of her, though.

As for Alfonse's plan, he does admit that they might never leave, so it's less that the plan goes wrong and more that the expected (kind of; I don't think he was thinking about losing his sister, specifically) casualties occur. And, in the trailer, most of what happens seems to occur in Hel, so it's not like anything's out of order yet (except that his and Sharena's mom is still alive, but that'll probably change.)

4 hours ago, wheelsonfire said:

It probably would've been interesting, considering we never get to see what her true personality actually was in her home game… She's a popular character, though, so she might get an alt...

Perhaps they should remove her heterochromia if they were to give her a happier alt, which, given Seasonal Breath requires one be Breath off Seasonal ATM, means Idunn is very likely to get one eventually due to a paucity of canon Breaths.

While the heterochromia might be one of the reasons for liking her aesthetically, looking at Fae, another FE6 Divine Dragon, you see both her eyes are green, while Idunn has one green and one purplish. Given she is a corrupted Divine Dragon and heterochromia is a rare thing, I'd be inclined to think her heterochromia is a physical scar of getting her soul sacked.

Perhaps you could go even further and argue her very light purple hair is also the result of losing her soul, since Fae has a bright and bold purple.

Veronica's probably looking for Bruno or something. That or Xander's not letting her leave the castle because she was in too much danger last time and the girl needs to be protected or something. Loki's probably hitting on all the summoners in all the worlds for kicks.

Edit: More seriously, looking at Gustav's design, he, like Lif, have fur capes. I'm guessing this is a "king of Askr" thing (so Alfonse will probably get one after his coronation or something) and may indicate that Askr (the dragon) is a furred dragon, maybe similar to Fae in some ways. Feathers also seem to be a thing in Askran royalty garb, so maybe it's a fur and feather dragon. I'm still guessing that his/her element is wind while Embla is an earth dragon. Nifl and Muspell are obvious, regarding their elements.

Also, Gustav has a glowing red gem imbedded in his axe. Was this, perhaps, an ancient gift from Embla when they were on more peaceful terms? Red is the color the Emblian royal magic takes on, after all, (like when Veronica closes a portal, or when Thrasir uses her magic, not to mention her ballistics gel hips) while the white gem in Alfonse's sword glows a bluish color, like the light from summoning, opening a portal to another world, and Lif's torso.

Edited by Mercakete

45 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Also, Gustav has a glowing red gem imbedded in his axe. Was this, perhaps, an ancient gift from Embla when they were on more peaceful terms? Red is the color the Emblian royal magic takes on, after all, (like when Veronica closes a portal, or when Thrasir uses her magic, not to mention her ballistics gel hips) while the white gem in Alfonse's sword glows a bluish color, like the light from summoning, opening a portal to another world, and Lif's torso.

Probably not, since that gem was the same general color as the one in Folkvangr before Gustav became a zombie puppet. 

16 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

So after seeing Gustav in action, I wouldn't hate a King of Askr Alfonse alt as a legendary or something. Any guesses as to what Henriette will use in she's playable?

We can already tell from her artwork that she has a tome. And I doubt she'd be green since that would mean 3 Askr units would be green (Anna and Gustav).

So, Red Tome or Blue Tome I'm guessing.

36 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

We can already tell from her artwork that she has a tome. And I doubt she'd be green since that would mean 3 Askr units would be green (Anna and Gustav).

So, Red Tome or Blue Tome I'm guessing.

she will have a red tome, so Sharena can counter her properly. Just like Alfonse could properly counter his father.

11 minutes ago, Hilda said:

she will have a red tome, so Sharena can counter her properly. Just like Alfonse could properly counter his father.

That would make sense. Plus, to my knowledge, there are no Red Tome OC's yet so that would be nice.

While a decent chapter I do think the recent scenes somewhat undermined the premise of the game. 

The premise of book 3 seemed to be that Sharena will die and that Alfonse travels to the underworld to get her back, however recent events show Alfonse already planning to head out to the underworld anyway which likely will ensure his reaction do Sharena's death won't be as strong as it could be. Alfonse won't go bravely marching into Hell's domain to get his sister back but just happened to be in the underworld already. 

Now that they're going into hel, I really demand Vigarde. He's already a zombie in Sacred Stones!

Also, zombie!Gustav is also hot. I hope we get him eventually.

7 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Apparently according to Thrasir's cipher card she has the power to destroy realms. Quite a statement to make. I wonder if we'll ever see that occurring in the story.

Huh, with a description like that, maybe they'll make her a Mythic Hero. :D

Not saying I expect that (because I don't), but crazier things have happened.

forgetting that Alphonse said she could raze realms in her debut chapter?

although I could see her being a mythic, while not as powerful as Duma, she's probably on evenish ground as Eir

You know, speaking of Cipher, there's one thing I find a little strange about the Heroes OC's.

Maybe it's just me but it's odd how some characters have very basic classes. Like, it's one thing for Alfonse and Sharena to simply be Lord and Princess, but Lif and Thrasir's classes are simply Myrmidon and Dark Mage.

I don't know. Maybe I just expected something a little more unique coming from such individuals.

On 3/22/2019 at 2:38 AM, Lemmy said:

forgetting that Alphonse said she could raze realms in her debut chapter?

although I could see her being a mythic, while not as powerful as Duma, she's probably on evenish ground as Eir

Sharena: Again, the enemy has vanished. That name, Thrasir—it rings a bell.
Alfonse: The first emperor of Embla.
Sharena: She's Princess Veronica's ancestor?
Alfonse: So she must be. She was a witch so powerful she could lay waste to an entire realm if she so chose... Líf and Thrasir... It would seem that the legendary rulers from our history books are now our enemies.

I have completely forgot about that dialogue. The story makes it appear that she's holding back her power considering she lost 3-4 times to the Askr forces. No clue why she said so little during book 3 for far.

4 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I have completely forgot about that dialogue. The story makes it appear that she's holding back her power considering she lost 3-4 times to the Askr forces. No clue why she said so little during book 3 for far.

Lif and Thrasir intrigue me a lot. I really hope they give them the spotlight they need. 

17 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

It hasn’t even been that many times, she’s only been fought twice and both were within the first two chapters.

Anyways, I’m going to need more than useless lip service before I consider treating this witch (and Edgefonse too) as any kind of threat.

Something else I've noticed of late. This doesn't relate to Book 3 specifically but is story related. I really like how even more of the side content these days is actually adding more to the world and characters, as opposed to the largely useless stuff we were getting when the game first came out.

The Forging Bonds stories have greatly improved. I'd argue Velouria's storyline is the best development Sharena has has since the game began. And now even the Tempest Trials are slowly moving things along, bringing Bruno's journey and up to speed and pretty much giving us an idea of who we'll be fighting eventually most likely.

18 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

And now even the Tempest Trials are slowly moving things along, bringing Bruno's journey and up to speed and pretty much giving us an idea of who we'll be fighting eventually most likely.

Yeah, they go back to Bruno's quest every once in a while. They did talk about the Embla issue before, but slowly, they're shedding more and more light on it (not that we didn't already know about Veronica's dark god-cursed blood possessing her.) As I said in the Tempest Trials thread, the script content is serious, but everyone's in bunny suits, and even the music on Veronica's map is silly. The clash just makes me laugh since it's serious but hard to take seriously with all that other stuff going on.

The main thing that was revealed in the Tempest Trials thing was that Embla (the dragon) wants to kill Askr (the dragon.) True, this is my conjecture based on possessed Veronica being all "Must kill Askr" again and again, but given her situation, that really seems to be what's going on. We'll probably see more on this (as in, main story focus) in either book 4 or 5. I'm kind of excited since I've been waiting to see these four dragons. Can't wait to see their designs!