Jump to content
Coolmanio

Book III Opens: December 2018 (Speculation + Discussion)

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

In that case, I wonder if there will be a similar moment where Eir stands up against her mother.  

imo, it's practically guaranteed, and probably coming up if the finale really is upon us.

Also, I'm in the "didn't notice Thrasir died again" club. I blame how difficult the Lunatic version of that map was for me. Still haven't been able to beat it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as the plot goes, is their plan to copy what happened in dead Ask,r knowing that it failed, and with no insight on how to fix it.

I feel like something's not adding up, but I'm not sure if I'm missing something, or if the protagonists are following their only lead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

As far as the plot goes, is their plan to copy what happened in dead Ask,r knowing that it failed, and with no insight on how to fix it.

I feel like something's not adding up, but I'm not sure if I'm missing something, or if the protagonists are following their only lead.

They are following their only lead with the hopes of finding out what went wrong and how they can fix it. Other than that they have no clues how to go up against Hel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2019 at 7:00 PM, Sentinel07 said:

I've figured that the art is depicting Sharena from Lif's world as well. I just wonder if it'll have any real meaning other than just being good art. 😄

I'd like to see it actually be used for a significant character. 🙂

Well if we go by Kozaki’s word on the matter. He stated in an interview the poster art is supposed to resemble that of a skull in order to reflect the themes of death to which this story explores. And with Sharena being as prominent as she is on it, well here’s hoping it will mean something significant. I mean if there’s one thing I love about Kozaki’s artwork is that every detail is significant in some form or another so we’ll just have to wait and see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ottservia said:

Well if we go by Kozaki’s word on the matter. He stated in an interview the poster art is supposed to resemble that of a skull in order to reflect the themes of death to which this story explores. And with Sharena being as prominent as she is on it, well here’s hoping it will mean something significant. I mean if there’s one thing I love about Kozaki’s artwork is that every detail is significant in some form or another so we’ll just have to wait and see.

Oooooo... That's so cool! =D I love it when art doesn't just look pretty. I think that meaning is more important, myself. Hmm... I wonder if the next legendary hero will be Poster!Sharena (maybe woken up and controlled by Hel in the next chapter?). She'd have to be introduced in the upcoming chapter either way for that to be a thing, though, I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I didn't get something, didn't Lif die on the last chapter. Why is he here and why is he introducing himself in the trailer, or is it something like I am Lif and I won't be defeated so easily? I mean Book 3 needs only 2 more chapters to finish (if it has 13), the last one will be the battle against Hel and I thought that this one as the one before the end would sum up other stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't read chapter text in new heroes/special heroes announcement vids since it's not officially out yet and I'd rather discover the story linearly. However, as for Lif dying in the last chapter, it wasn't explicitly shown to happen. We know the building crumbled and people were in a rush to escape, but that's all. We never saw the results of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing indicates if someone actually died from the castle falling down last chapter and i really doubt anyone did. We are probably going to have a duel with Lif over the remains of Askr and get the weapon for the final Hel fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, can't say I'm surprised that the mystery weapon is another version of Breidbalik. Reminds me that I wish they clarified if Kiran's is still frozen from Book 2 or not.

In any case, it was an okay chapter. Kind of figured that was how things with Lif would finish. Kind of feels like we're heading towards a really rushed ending though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Well, can't say I'm surprised that the mystery weapon is another version of Breidbalik. Reminds me that I wish they clarified if Kiran's is still frozen from Book 2 or not.

In any case, it was an okay chapter. Kind of figured that was how things with Lif would finish. Kind of feels like we're heading towards a really rushed ending though. 

Yeah, the ending was abrupt, but I liked his moments with Sharena nonetheless.

Also with Lif out of the picture, he has to be our next Mythic Hero, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lmao everyone just survived i guess. Literally no explanation besides an "i predicted it" moment from Alfonse. I guess IS just really wants to kill Lif already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lif probably was better off dying last chapter. An epic showdown in Askr's ruined castle is a much more fitting end then him just running away before getting chased down and killed in a field. The Sharena moment was nice though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lif finally bit the dust, that took a while. I hope the 2nd Breidablik is a hit for a new feature for book 4. Bigger summon circles? Every orb summoning two heroes? Next up the confrontation with Hel. She needs to get another one of those death makers again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I wasn’t clear on reading the chapters earlier today. Was Sovvabreakr (however it’s spelled) a reforged Breadablik or was Líf just carrying Bredablik on his person in addition to his sword? The dialogue made me think the former until I thought about it again later today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't say I've been too fond of this book… A lot was predictable, and the intrigue surrounding Lif and Thrasir or wore off their true identities were revealed, or even hinted at… And Hel just seems like she's being evil because she can be, and is rather one dimensional… I'll be glad when she's gone presumably next chapter… At least Surtr had something else implied behind him (such as the implication that the Rite of Flames may have corrupted his soul, and the idea that only the strong survive, as well as respecting worthy opponents, even if he was willing to burn all of those he considered weak to the ground). I'm interested in the next book, though, because it's implied we will see this game's version of Valhalla. Getting more about Thorr and Loki is a given at this point, but I'm hoping we will see the real Lif and Thrasir and how they are different from those that took their names…

 

I've just had a thought though… If Hel is death, and is responsible for those who do not make it to this world’s version of Valhalla, wouldn't killing her mess up the cycle of death, ensuring that no one could go anywhere when they died (or at least, only the worthy could die)? Unlike the other books, there's no plan in place for a successor of that realm, and I doubt Eir would want to go back there considering her experiences, and the fact that she's still a part of the player’s party, and overall story… Maybe we will get an intermission dealing with that, and I imagine it would be kind of messy…

 

To the person above me, Lif was just carrying the summoner's weapon (or whatever you call it) on his person. The characters thought they needed Lif’s weapon, but then realized they needed the summoner's. Or at least, that's what I got out of it.

Edited by wheelsonfire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Arcphoenix said:

One thing I wasn’t clear on reading the chapters earlier today. Was Sovvabreakr (however it’s spelled) a reforged Breadablik or was Líf just carrying Bredablik on his person in addition to his sword? The dialogue made me think the former until I thought about it again later today.

Sokkavellr is his sword, he just held onto Breidablik as a memento.

Speaking of Breidablik though, I guess it will be key to dealing with subsequent Big Bads too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Sokkavellr is his sword, he just held onto Breidablik as a memento.

Speaking of Breidablik though, I guess it will be key to dealing with subsequent Big Bads too?

Maybe they add a feature of creating your own Avatar as a Class etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot about the Rite of Frost doing a thing to the summon gun until it was made clear that the Hel-killer was the other world's summon gun. The story was good, though I think it could've gone on longer to flesh things out better (agreeing that the ending seems a bit rushed, even though the end itself isn't here yet.) It was okay, though. A lot was explained, which is nice. It would be nice of Eir's thoughts on things were included, but they'll probably be elaborated upon in the next chapter, especially since the Askrans' more personal arc has ended (almost. Technically, it won't be over for Alfonse until he starts ruling and comes into his own as king.) Also, I wonder if Veronica's still around... Probably, since Embla's still in danger.

The thing that gets me though, is that they know what happened last time and that using the weapon was a really bad idea. So...now we're going to use that same weapon on Hel...which caused all the problems before...?

4 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Sokkavellr is his sword, he just held onto Breidablik as a memento.

Yes, but I think he mentioned another thing (the thing he was going to put another notch on.) I remember that the end of the name was "serkr" or something because it mead me think of berserkers. Of course, this is all just based on my memory, which isn't suited well for holding onto details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

 

Yes, but I think he mentioned another thing (the thing he was going to put another notch on.) I remember that the end of the name was "serkr" or something because it mead me think of berserkers. Of course, this is all just based on my memory, which isn't suited well for holding onto details.

It's just his own weapon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Sokkavellr is his sword, he just held onto Breidablik as a memento.

Speaking of Breidablik though, I guess it will be key to dealing with subsequent Big Bads too?

Pretty much. Guess they figure they had to give Kiran some kind of role since they've mostly just been an earpiece for Eir this whole book, which I'm okay with. The Summoner can be important but still kept in an auxiliary role.

Hopefully we'll get to see what makes this Hel-killer Breidbalik so important. Surtr had an unbreakable shield which required the Frost Breidbalik, but Hel hasn't had such a thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Luckenzio said:

Sokkvabekkr. I thought that was the weapon that was supposed to destroy Hel.

Right; that's the one I was trying to remember!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...