Book III Opens: December 2018 (Speculation + Discussion)

Coolmanio

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

I think it's possible to be both gorgeous and utterly terrifying.  It's also really hard to pull off.

So why did the discussion turn towards whining about women, again?

I think if depicting a regular human it is hard to pull off but very possible.  You could make a woman with attractive body/face but a dead lifeless expression on her face, someone who never smiles, whose eyes look soulless and devoid of life.  With Hel they could also do the half attractive women, half grotesque decayed zombie look.  They aren't limited by those boundaries, they could even add horns and other things.  The art team for Heroes seems very talented, so I think they could definitely do terrifying and attractive at the same time without too much issue.

True though we only know she is coming, but we have not seen the artistic depiction yet though I'm sure they already have that designed and ready to go.  I think people are just saying what they hope to see with her.  I think Niime would actually be pretty good, just make her more menacing looking.  

On undead monster units, yeah that would be fitting with what we seem to be getting in book 3.  It would also be nice to see as it adds a lot to enemy variety, perhaps we could even get intelligent monster units that could even be summonable in the future.  A king of the zombies, a necrodragon who has a human form of a decayed corpse, etc. 

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Lewyn said:

I think if depicting a regular human it is hard to pull off but very possible.  You could make a woman with attractive body/face but a dead lifeless expression on her face, someone who never smiles, whose eyes look soulless and devoid of life.  With Hel they could also do the half attractive women, half grotesque decayed zombie look.  They aren't limited by those boundaries, they could even add horns and other things.  The art team for Heroes seems very talented, so I think they could definitely do terrifying and attractive at the same time without too much issue.

True though we only know she is coming, but we have not seen the artistic depiction yet though I'm sure they already have that designed and ready to go.  I think people are just saying what they hope to see with her.  I think Niime would actually be pretty good, just make her more menacing looking.  

On undead monster units, yeah that would be fitting with what we seem to be getting in book 3.  It would also be nice to see as it adds a lot to enemy variety, perhaps we could even get intelligent monster units that could even be summonable in the future.  A king of the zombies, a necrodragon who has a human form of a decayed corpse, etc. 

That's only skin-deep.  Here, have some Trails spoilers:

Spoiler

Vita_clotilde_sen2.jpg

She has fans in-universe, because she's charming.  But if you get in her way, she will make your life hell.  And she has nice tits.

It takes good writing to pull off the "terrifying" part, but it can be done.

13 minutes ago, eclipse said:

That's only skin-deep.  Here, have some Trails spoilers:

Hide contents

Vita_clotilde_sen2.jpg

She has fans in-universe, because she's charming.  But if you get in her way, she will make your life hell.  And she has nice tits.

It takes good writing to pull off the "terrifying" part, but it can be done.

I don't know what Trails is, but that certainly is an incredibly attractive woman also looks very charming and well intentioned. Yes one can make such a character terrifying through great writing and it is something that we see done well in certain films/series.  Instead of the mass/serial killer/monster of a human being also looking like some giant or grotesque a monster him/herself they make the person look really attractive and even friendly.  Which is a bit more truthful you can't judge a book by its cover, and it works great in mysteries so the audience can't see it coming as easily.

However all that is dependent on excellent intelligent writing and the team for Heroes has been severely lacking in that aspect.  On the other hand the art team has been very impressive IMO, so I trust them to pull off the 'terrifying/creep' much more.  

30 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

,I don't know what Trails is, but that certainly is an incredibly attractive woman also looks very charming and well intentioned. Yes one can make such a character terrifying through great writing and it is something that we see done well in certain films/series.  Instead of the mass/serial killer/monster of a human being also looking like some giant or grotesque a monster him/herself they make the person look really attractive and even friendly.  Which is a bit more truthful you can't judge a book by its cover, and it works great in mysteries so the audience can't see it coming as easily.

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky is an RPG from Nihon Falcom. I just started the first game. After a friend recommended it to me for a few years. xD

Btw, my wish for Book 3 would have been Garm, but we already have Garm as a weapon from Ephraim. Would have been a good way to introduce beast units...maybe we still get someone to fill that role,. What is Hel without a beloved Hellhound. D=. 

Edited by Stroud

47 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky is an RPG from Nihon Falcom. I just started the first game. After a friend recommended it to me for a few years. xD

Btw, my wish for Book 3 would have been Garm, but we already have Garm as a weapon from Ephraim. Would have been a good way to introduce beast units...maybe we still get someone to fill that role,. What is Hel without a beloved Hellhound. D=. 

Ah I see, thanks for explaining!  

Well perhaps we can get Fenrir.

So after some light research, I wouldn't be surprised if book three takes inspiration from the old norse story of "The Death Of Baldur". Already I'm starting to draw parallels. Baldur is supposed to be one of the most beloved gods due to his innate kindness, strength, generosity, etc. which sounds a lot like kiran who is almost universally loved by like everyone cause avatar and generally avatars like him are usually characterized as being "the nice guy".  Which means that "the light dying" could very well be referring to kiran here. I mean it's not entirely one to one but hey it's something to think about.

The update is on the 28th so we'll probably get a trailer tomorrow (or the 28th itself). By the way, Hrid's sword is the river separating Niflheim from Helheim, so that's a neat nod to Book 3 (and hey, maybe he'll be relevant after all?)

Also, I wanted to share a shower thought with y'alls: what if Hel is the obligatory dragon boss and/ or the one cursing the Emblians?

Edited by DefyingFates

1 hour ago, Noir said:

So are we expecting Book 3 to open after the maintenance? Seems kinda odd no Feh Channel announced yet. 

Maybe if they add only the new story, without any new game mode or any relevant change, IntSys won't announce another Feh Channel... The last Feh Channel has been less than a month ago if I recall correctly.

13 hours ago, Otts486 said:

So after some light research, I wouldn't be surprised if book three takes inspiration from the old norse story of "The Death Of Baldur". Already I'm starting to draw parallels. Baldur is supposed to be one of the most beloved gods due to his innate kindness, strength, generosity, etc. which sounds a lot like kiran who is almost universally loved by like everyone cause avatar and generally avatars like him are usually characterized as being "the nice guy".  Which means that "the light dying" could very well be referring to kiran here. I mean it's not entirely one to one but hey it's something to think about.

Seems plausible, so we'll be riding to Hel in place of Odin, in this case..

So, maintenance starts this time tomorrow, so I'm sure we'll hear something of Book 3 (even just a FEH Channel announcement) before then. Last minute predictions?

I wonder if they'd just drop the Book 3 trailer on us out of nowhere like that recent retrospective...

14 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

So, maintenance starts this time tomorrow, so I'm sure we'll hear something of Book 3 (even just a FEH Channel announcement) before then. Last minute predictions?

I wonder if they'd just drop the Book 3 trailer on us out of nowhere like that recent retrospective...

Well, they have to announce something, considering Smash and Book III aren’t far away

15 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I sure hope we'll get something soon. I'm not rolling on today's Legendary in case there'll be some spicy datamine or revealed units coming up. Cynthia in a normal banner, Christmas A!Tiki, and then Skrimir in January, clearly. 

Since we're going to Helheim, I'm very afraid that any deaths in this Book or the last can't be taken seriously because we'll might revive them. Be it Sharena, Fjorm, or someone else, at least so long as they have a portrait.

2 hours ago, Thane said:

I sure hope we'll get something soon. I'm not rolling on today's Legendary in case there'll be some spicy datamine or revealed units coming up. Cynthia in a normal banner, Christmas A!Tiki, and then Skrimir in January, clearly. 

Since we're going to Helheim, I'm very afraid that any deaths in this Book or the last can't be taken seriously because we'll might revive them. Be it Sharena, Fjorm, or someone else, at least so long as they have a portrait.

I’ve pulled a bit on this legendary banner. Got some trash, but got two Kanas, and a decently IVed BHector. Spent about 120 orbs on this, and I still got over 100 remaining. I think it’s wise to save them

46 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Well, down for maintenance and still no trailer. Maybe tomorrow..? It'd be nice if Book 3 could start while I still have days off...

Considering they said December I don't expect Book 3 to start any time before December 1st, and I'm certainly not expecting them to announce it without a FEH Channel-

1 hour ago, Solaris998 said:

Considering they said December I don't expect Book 3 to start any time before December 1st, and I'm certainly not expecting them to announce it without a FEH Channel-

Yeah, waiting for Feh Channel is likely the next step, and I feel like that's more likely to come next week than this week.

19 hours ago, Solaris998 said:

Book III is too big to be implemented without a proper FEH channel dedicated to it

I just had a Fridge Horror/ Shower Thought: remember how we got Fjorm as a reward for completing Book 2 Chapter 1, Part 5 alongside the first Legendary Banner? What if IS wants to release our new free OC alongside their debut banner, meaning we'll have to wait for the end of the month for Book 3 to start?

14 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I just had a Fridge Horror/ Shower Thought: remember how we got Fjorm as a reward for completing Book 2 Chapter 1, Part 5 alongside the first Legendary Banner? What if IS wants to release our new free OC alongside their debut banner, meaning we'll have to wait for the end of the month for Book 3 to start?

remember how they remembered us to clear Chapter 1 of Book 2 to get Fjorm?

The Book II movie was released on the 14th of November 2017, that's two weeks before it was released. I wonder if the time frame will be similar this time around; we've only gotten a teaser so far. I would've thought they wouldn't want it to coincide with Christmas, but what do I know. Getting a trailer next week would be nice though.

On 11/29/2018 at 3:45 PM, Thane said:

The Book II movie was released on the 14th of November 2017, that's two weeks before it was released. I wonder if the time frame will be similar this time around; we've only gotten a teaser so far. I would've thought they wouldn't want it to coincide with Christmas, but what do I know. Getting a trailer next week would be nice though.

I'm thinking next week will have a Version 3.0 Feh Channel. I find it hard to believe they would wait too long to release it. Doing Christmas before Book 3 would be a bizarre choice.

6 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

I'm thinking next week will have a Version 3.0 Feh Channel. I find it hard to believe they would wait too long to release it. Doing Christmas before Book 3 would be a bizarre choice.

I wonder if this means that the teased deaths won't happen in chapter 1. It would feel weird to launch a party just after. 

59 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

I wonder if this means that the teased deaths won't happen in chapter 1. It would feel weird to launch a party just after. 

Well, the survivors could just be going to the festival out of obligation/ to stop Veronica while only the Seasonal Heroes that are actually partying. The story could even be a "there's still stuff to live for" Aesop if the writers wanted it to be.

Edited by DefyingFates