I forgot why I hated this game so I started playing it again, on chapter 14x Im tired of this game's shit again

Why does every fucking enemy consistently hit me at extremely low hit percents? I dont mean like getting hit once or twice from 40%, because that's reasonable, Im talking about getting hit at 12% multiple times from different enemies... then I cant hit at 80%, ok game. 4 characters I was building died bc apparently every enemy has the accuracy of a god and the game displays it as "Lmao, 20%, that aint gonna hit you"

I hope Im not just extremely, EXTREMELY unlucky, I hope this aint just me

24 minutes ago, DB4D said:

I forgot why I hated this game so I started playing it again, on chapter 14x Im tired of this game's shit again

Why does every fucking enemy consistently hit me at extremely low hit percents? I dont mean like getting hit once or twice from 40%, because that's reasonable, Im talking about getting hit at 12% multiple times from different enemies... then I cant hit at 80%, ok game. 4 characters I was building died bc apparently every enemy has the accuracy of a god and the game displays it as "Lmao, 20%, that aint gonna hit you"

That never happened to me, you may just be unlucky?

34 minutes ago, DB4D said:

well binding blade does use a one roll system as opposed to a two roll system (ie, it rolls one hypothetical dice instead of two to determine whether a hit will actually hit. in a two roll system low percentage hit rates hit less often and high percentage rates hit more often, well in a one roll system your hit rate is much more accurate to your chances of actually hitting or missing) i dont think hit rates themselves are that much different compared to other fire emblem games.

think ya might just be unlucky.

7 minutes ago, NobodiePichu said:

well binding blade does use a one roll system as opposed to a two roll system (ie, it rolls one hypothetical dice instead of two to determine whether a hit will actually hit. in a two roll system low percentage hit rates hit less often and high percentage rates hit more often, well in a one roll system your hit rate is much more accurate to your chances of actually hitting or missing) i dont think hit rates themselves are that much different compared to other fire emblem games.

think ya might just be unlucky.

Are you sure Binding Blade uses single RNG?  I thought it used double RNG, but the RNG mistakenly goes from 0-100 instead of 0-99 or something like that.

While I have my honest doubts about the "R" in RNG, because some situations that arise are just TOO convenient to be true coincidence, ESPECIALLY when it benefits the A.I. (though I might still be scarred from the many times Pokémon's "R"NG screwed me over), the thing that bugs me the most about FE6 and doesn't exactly encourage me to play it again is the bloody ambush spawns. If they catch you off-guard, it's a reset. I HATE that. In my eyes, every difficulty level that implements ambush spawns is immediately disqualified from calling itself "fair".

Defineately you had the experience of the unlucky run. Give it another shot, you shouldn't experience the same bad luck constantly. I do remember getting hit by long range status staves which had 30 or less chance to hit me, so I had this paranoia to run Restore staff with healers from each side of the map.

Worse luck if I'm missing hits from 90%+ chances.

It's finally happening. I can finally link to Fire Emblem Pitfalls unironically.

You're either unlucky or giving in to confirmation bias ("of course my 90% hit missed") and selective memory (you don't remember the 98 times that 90% hit hit because you naturally consider that normal, but you do remember the 2 times that 90% missed because you naturally consider that not normal). 

Keep in mind that your hit rates in FE6 are generally lower than in newer FE games, and that 80% =/= 100% and 20% =/= 0%.

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Are you sure Binding Blade uses single RNG?  I thought it used double RNG, but the RNG mistakenly goes from 0-100 instead of 0-99 or something like that.

FE6 does use a 2 RN system, but apparently status staves still use 1 RN. The 100 RN is indeed a bug, but it apparently occurs way less often than any 0-99 RN.

2 minutes ago, Julius Nepos said:

It's finally happening. I can finally link to Fire Emblem Pitfalls unironically.

Yes, this is exactly where I heard that from.

@DB4D

You probably are just getting extremely unlucky.  That said, a lot of weapons in Binding Blade do have lower Hit than they do in the later GBA games.

@Garlyle

Bro Im tellin you every sleep stave had like a 30% hit and they always hit me, Im not even joking

I had a fighter kill Chad with a 17% HIT ONE SHOT

The devil axe ALWAYS procs for me but NEVER the enemies

6 minutes ago, DB4D said:

The devil axe ALWAYS procs for me but NEVER the enemies

I think that might also happen in Mystery of the Emblem, since enemies simply do not have a Luck stat (as opposed to a Luck stat of 0).

So this personally does not surprise me in the slightest.

...What chapters have Devil Axe enemies again?

5 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

maybe? it might not now that ya mention it...

Yeah, I think Binding Blade uses double RNG, but hit rates are lower than usual. It sounds like you were just very unlucky. Also because of how the RNG works in the GBA games, if you do the exact same thing every time you get the same results, so maybe that's why enemies are hitting consistently? So if you burn random numbers like DarthR0xas said or do a slightly different strategy that might help.

This is the first time I've heard such shenangians. Usually that happens to me way more often in Fates Conquest. I'm afraid you'll just have to accept that as pure bad luck run.

• 2 weeks later...

It's just you. :P:

But more importantly, check out the actual, raw stats on weapons.  Axes in particular are a bad offender of this.  You can sort-of mitigate it by building supports that give out accuracy, or obeying the weapon triangle.  Or, you can learn how to manipulate the RNG.