Ophelia: Dramatic Heroine

Emerson

Ophelia: Dramatic Heroine
    "Odin's daughter. A daydreamer who applies a flair for the dramatic to her magic. Appears in Fire Emblem Fates."

HP: 34/38/41 | Atk: 34/37/41 | Spd: 30/33/36 | Def: 17/20/23 | Res: 20/23/26 | BST: 150-152

Ophelia's stats are almost the complete reverse of her Father's. With the highest unbuffed attack for a Tome user, not just Blue Tomes, but in general, thanks to her superboon in attack, but some of the weakest combined defenses among them as well, alongside an equally weak HP stat. Her speed isn't fantastic, but due to her already amazing base Attack, it's easy to focus on the stat and get her into doubling range of mid/high-range swords and below.

Builds:
Budget

Spoiler

hXEiHie.png
Weapon: Missiletainn
Assist: Rally Up Atk+
Special: Blazing Light
A Slot: Death Blow 3/Life and Death 3
B Slot: Chill Res
C Slot: Flexible
Seal: Atk+3, Spd+3, Hardy Bearing
IVs Recommended: Any (-Atk not preferable)

Simply her base kit with an appropriate seal and a cheaper, but more effective A slot. Works by getting off an immediate (or quick) kill through her special thanks to Missiletainn's effect. Death Blow and Chill Res let her chunk or ohko units thanks to her high attack. Life and Death gives better initial damage through Blazing Light, but turns her into a piece of wet paper afterwards, unable to do much to anything non-Red with the ability to counter without falling herself.

Her C slot is fairly open as it is for most mages. Drive Speed is a solid option that can support her teammates while also being fairly inexpensive.

Missiletainn (Non-budget)

Spoiler

zmYXdXh.png
Weapon: Missiletainn
Special: Blazing Wind
A Slot: Life and Death, Fury 4
B Slot: Special Spiral
C Slot: Flexible
Seal: Atk+3, Hardy Bearing
IVs Recommended: +Atk, -Any

This follows the same strategy as the previous build, however with the addition of Special Spiral, Ophelia's AoE special now has a 100% upkeep post combat, meaning she can continue to spam her AoE specials every combat. I've personally chosen Blazing Wind due to its additional hits being the spots adjacent to the target, however any Blazing AoE special can absolutely tear through enemies.

Life and Death is pretty much her optimal A slot. There's little reason to run anything else, save lacking the fodder for it. Death Blow 3 or even Atk+3 are alternatives, however LnD is fairly easy to come across. Due to the nature of this set, there's little issue with LnD's lowered defenses, as Ophelia should never be taking hits.
Fury 4 is a new expensive option which allows Ophelia to reach Wings of Mercy range for allies extremely easily, although she does lose 1 attack compared to LnD.

Her C slot is, as always, flexible, as is her Seal. Either Atk+3, or Hardy Bearing to counter Vantage units, which otherwise destroy her due to her abysmal defenses.

Blarblade

Spoiler

ve6xywS.png9J1TfAn.png
Weapon: Blarblade+
Special: Glimmer
A Slot: Life and Death 3, Death Blow 3/4, Fury 4
B Slot: Desperation 3, Chill Res 3, Special Spiral
C Slot: Flexible (Waves recommended)
Seal: Atk+3, Spd+3
IVs Shown: +Spd -HP, +Atk -HP
IVs Recommended: +Atk/Spd, -HP/Def/Res for build 1, +Atk, -Any for build 2

Thanks to having the highest attack out of every mage in the game, Ophelia makes for an absolutely amazing Blade tome or Blade nuke, depending on your IVs. LnD can let her run a traditional Blade Tome set with high speed, while Death Blow 3/4 can let her OHKO many units in conjunction with her natural Chill Res 3. Fury 4 is a new expensive option which can be run over Life and Death, and can easily set up Desperation or Wings of Mercy support.

Although expensive, Odd/Even Atk Wave is an absolutely amazing C Skill for her in use outside of Tactics Emblem. However, she can easily run any C skill that may prove useful for your team.

Ophelia's easily one of the best Blue mages currently, although her base kit does leave a fair amount to be desired, and her true potential lies behind expensive skills. While she lacks Reinhardt's pure offensive presence or Ishtar's blazing speed, her ability to easily abuse powerful AoE specials with ease can let her eat through enemies, or utilize a Blade tome and become one of the hardest single-hitting users of it.

Teammates:
    Mixed/Focused Walls: (Lukas, Silas, Arden, Myrrh, Deirdre, FMorgan, HMyrrh, Hector, etc.)
Ophelia's paper-thin defenses can easily put her at risk to attacks. Even a single attack may be able to take her down, especially if she's running Life and Death. Running a unit with the ability to move her out of harm's way and take hits for her is almost required.

Tome Users:
With Missiletainn, Ophelia can charge a 4 CD special on turn 1 with 2 tome-using allies. I don't feel that much more is necessary to be said.

Dancers:
While Dancers obviously help any unit, they can allow Ophelia to continually abuse her AoE specials during one turn, or get her out of danger. This is especially helpful with Tome-using dancers, which not only help her abuse AoE specials during the turn, but also charge her special at the beginning of the battle, meaning she has 100% upkeep of it for the entire fight.

Bonus Build:
    Defensive..?

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190201-003456.png
Yes, this is mine.

Edited by Emerson

When running the Missiletainn + Blazing Wind + Special Spiral combo, Ophelia should be running Life and Death and either Attack +3 or Hardy Bearing.

Death Blow 4 increases her single-hit damage by +6.4 / 8.0 / 9.6 depending on weapon triangle affinity. Life and Death 3 increases her single-hit damage by +11.5 / 12.5 / 13.5 and is much easier to come by. There is pretty much no reason to ever run a different A skill.

Hardy Bearing keeps her from dying to Vantage after the hit from Blazing Wind, but Attack +3 is preferred if Vantage is not a concern.

With this build, her bane does not matter at all because she literally just one-hit kills everything relevant (and instantly dies to the very few things she can't one-hit kill). For the same reason, there's no reason to run Speed +3 as her Sacred Seal because none of her stats matter except Atk.

I also highly recommend typing out each build as a supplement to the images for the people who can't view images.

Edited by Ice Dragon

22 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Hardy Bearing keeps her from dying to Vantage after the hit from Blazing Wind, but Attack +3 is preferred if Vantage is not a concern.

Within mid to low-high level arena, Vantage likes to pop up a lot. With Dragons, Nowi love running Vantage, and then theres the classic Hector and Black Knight. GHBs and other such battles will occasionally have the skill pop up although it's usually rare (thanks Aversa GHB for making the only one appear in the last of the reinforcements, fuck you too I guess). It isn't a common thing for PvE to make it absolutely necessary, but considering Ophelia's exceptionally low bulk, one hit from a Vantage unit is likely to kill her, so personally I almost always run it just to be safe (plus mine has enough killing power as it is, frankly).

With this build, her bane does not matter at all because she literally just one-hit kills everything relevant (and instantly dies to the very few things she can't one-hit kill). For the same reason, there's no reason to run Speed +3 as her Sacred Seal because none of her stats matter except Atk.

Yeah I honestly don't know what I was thinking. If she's not killing on the first hit she's probably dead.

Death Blow 4 increases her single-hit damage by +6.4 / 8.0 / 9.6 depending on weapon triangle affinity. Life and Death 3 increases her single-hit damage by +11.5 / 12.5 / 13.5 and is much easier to come by. There is pretty much no reason to ever run a different A skill.

Good to know. Guess I won't be giving her that, at least not until I find some meme build to run, like maybe insta-Astra with Atk Stacking or something. Not that I even have a BCelica...

I also highly recommend typing out each build as a supplement to the images for the people who can't view images.

Ah, good point. I didn't think about that. Thank you.

(will make edits shortly)

• 2 months later...

@Emerson

Fury 4 can now be used as an extremely expensive alternative to Life and Death. She loses 1 Atk, but the 8 damage after each round of combat makes it much easier to set up Wings of Mercy since she's unlikely to be counterattacked.

It does, however, leave her a bit more vulnerable to the few enemies that do get a chance to counterattack after she has taken enough damage, however, like the green tome users on Abyssal maps.

11 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Emerson

Fury 4 can now be used as an extremely expensive alternative to Life and Death. She loses 1 Atk, but the 8 damage after each round of combat makes it much easier to set up Wings of Mercy since she's unlikely to be counterattacked.

It does, however, leave her a bit more vulnerable to the few enemies that do get a chance to counterattack after she has taken enough damage, however, like the green tome users on Abyssal maps.

Huh, I didn't think about that. I might have to try for that now... If anything, it'd be nice to give my Ophie more premium stuff lmao.

I'll make a note of it in the OP.