Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got two defense loses already because the mode took my lonely Y!Tiki as my Def representative before I could setup a true defense team. 

I'll wait a bit for people to setup their teams because so far it's a bit too easy (for some reason my units are buffed to hell and back while the enemy is full of low merged units). I can't wait to combat a bunch of Reinhardts/B!Lyns/B!Veronicas. Luckily dancers are usable here so I don't really fear those units.

Creating my own map is fun, though. I used the one with Def tiles and wasted almost all of my rocks to increase the defense value. The team is TBD but right now I put Eirika/Airzura/B!Veronica/H!Myrrh in there to see if they can screw with people. I might use Bride Lyn with double Savage blow if I feel evil.

I CAN TEST AGAINST MY OWN MAPS!!! And there are defense replays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

On problem I have is that there's a lot to take in

Edited by silveraura25

You don’t need to worry much about defense until 4K lift since failed defenses don’t drop your lift until then.

It’s actually a surprisingly fun mode so far. Only problem is limited number of matches a day with no refills.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

It’s unexpectedly fun so far, mostly because MY UNITS CAN ACTUALLY KILL

I CAN USE DANCERS AND NOT BE PUNISHED, give me a refill goddammit 

19 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

So far very interesting. I'll have to think up a good strategy how to defend my castle and make the A.I. not suck for once. This can be challenging.

I recon you could just box a super tanky unit of one colour in a corner, then fill the rest of your team with multiple dancers and TA adept units that can kill that units counters to stall to the turn limit 

I like customisation. I like map-making. I like seeing Replays.

Although it's too bad some replays end abruptly and can't play the end. Maybe the enemy surrendered?

Do we need the bonus unit for Defense as well?

Edited by mcsilas

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I like customisation. I like map-making. I like seeing Replays.

Although it's too bad some replays end abruptly and can't play the end. Maybe the enemy surrendered?

Do we need the bonus unit for Defense as well?

Nope, but the bonus unit stat boost applies to defense as well unlike arena.

Which makes Aversa particularly annoying on defense

Building a keep is already a lot more fun because I can actually design a map around my team. If you come across a team of Owain, RB Lucina, Hardin and Nino, good luck to you :Nino:

For offence, I appreciate that losing a unit only reduces the bonus you get.

I like it a a lot so far, but it's going to have 2 major problems at later ranks:

1. Defenses making you lose -80 lift if your team doesn't win will cripple your ability to gain rank. You either make an amazing defense team or hope people at least don't encounter and beat you too often.
2. Because defenses will be hardcore if you want to score well, dazzle spam will probably pick up to try and make defense teams as cancerous as possible. This doesn't really bother me too bad since my team is usually okay dealing with those, but it's going to piss a lot of people off.

I think the mode plays great and I'm really enjoying it, but I wish defenses making you LOSE score wasn't a thing, or at least not nearly as much. Literally everything else about the mode is great. Map editing, buying buildings, replays, no BST so you can fight a better variety of teams. All good.

Edited by Alkaid

So I'm learning how to use the AI for my team. Can't let my units be able to attack the enemy on the first turn if they don't move. So applied walls. Need tanky and annoying units. So bring in your WF Effies and Myrrhs

18 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

It's funny how some people box their team in defensive devices, which makes it easy to destroy Aether boxes and approach them slowly. 

I found one map where they boxed themselves in but everyone was in range of a Wrazzle Dazzle Maribelle. Also there was a Lector with Armoured Boots and a B!Celica waiting to GF someone who wants to bait Lector

I approached to the side to snipe Maribelle with L!Lucina.

Really fun, but we need more refreshes. I have 16 Aether now and need 17 to play again...screams

Basically, you always need to take a few turns to destroy your enemy's Aether supplies; maybe everyone could just put theirs front and centre, or does them being destroyed cost you Lift?

Also keep in mind that we only get 50 Aether points a day and I don't see a way to increase that (though you can increase your upper limit).

Edited by DefyingFates

2 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Really fun, but we need more refreshes. I have 16 Aether now and need 17 to play again...screams

Basically, you always need to take a few turns to destroy your enemy's Aether supplies; maybe everyone could just put theirs front and centre, or does them being destroyed cost you Lift?

Also keep in mind that we only get 50 Aether points a day and I don't see a way to increase that (though you can increase your upper limit).

Same. Hehehe. Why couldn't they have let us use our stamina? We've got the pots in massive abundance

Has so much potential, but they're gimping player's time to play it. Hopefully they'll decrease Aether cost