Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

8 minutes ago, Johann said:

I think the stat difference between offense and defense teams is so huge though, even with all these traps and obstacle builds, I can't imagine people making it through a day without a single Defense loss.

Yeah, my units are super beefed up on offense killing and things is pretty easy.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Tactician_Iris said:

I'm liking it so far, my Infantry offense team is working better than I anticipated even so that's a bonus. I'm just mildly annoyed that I forgot to trash the enemy amphora for more Aether. (Hehe...Oops)

For Defense I've set a trio of EP dragons with a dancer on the Bright Grasslands Map, positioning them just shy of the upper right corner with a pseudo wall around them. - which might sound strange on paper, but it seems to throw their Offense off track as far as I can tell. The obstacles are placed so that the enemy needs to scramble to kill the dragons by going around the forest. Horses are in particular slowed down by forest on the right while the traps and the Panic manor/Bolt Towet cover the left.

I have a feeling that Team consistent of too many EP units can get trashed easy. Dragons can be baited easy. A mix of razzle dazzle Cavalry healers behind that share the same atk range as your EP Dragons would be a bigger threat (read Veronica or Elise). Overlaping Atk Ranges with Razzle dazzle healers and EP units is the best bet, because your opponent cant just bait your EP units without takeing the risk of maybe loosing a Unit or taking a hefty amount of double Savage blow pain damage when the ranges overlap. Especially if you narrow done the space they can apporach your Team or buildings.

11 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yeah, my units are super beefed up on offense killing and things is pretty easy.

imho they should have excluded Dancers from being fielded in Aether raids. My offense Team of Aversa, Reinhardt, Veronica and Axezura had no problem dealing with everything. Without Azura it would have been a different story ...

4 minutes ago, Hilda said:

imho they should have excluded Dancers from being fielded in Aether raids. My offense Team of Aversa, Reinhardt, Veronica and Axezura had no problem dealing with everything. Without Azura it would have been a different story ...

It's a good team! With this, do you think armored units are a problem, or unlike arena you see diversity?

I'm asking because I've tried and I did notice more characters than in the arena, and I want to know if it's everyone opinion.

3 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

It's a good team! With this, do you think armored units are a problem, or unlike arena you see diversity?

I'm asking because I've tried and I did notice more characters than in the arena, and I want to know if it's everyone opinion.

It really depends I feel. You get huge stat boosts from what i've noticed, and I have Est with slaying spear so I think its fine.

I really enjoy this mode so far. Unfortunately, I can't comment on the replay aspect because no one has attacked me yet, but I am super stoked to hear it is included. That's probably the thing I am most excited about. I am also looking forward to what special structures are added on the 18th. I wonder if saving up blue stones for them is worthwhile. I already spent all the dew maxing out the Aether Amphorae, so my Fortress (D) is probably doomed too be under-leveled for the rest of the season. I wouldn't want to miss out on some cool new structures later too.

3 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

Definitely more diversity than Arena. For one, things that get you a high score in Arena aren't necessary here since your score is strictly based on your performance. As a result, the matchmaking seems to be much more random. I think a lot of players might be trying more turtle setups too since the enemies won't move until a target is in range and there's a time limit.

6 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

It really depends I feel. You get huge stat boosts from what i've noticed, and I have Est with slaying spear so I think its fine.

Yeah, it's cool then!

I'm already at 3 defense lost (Before I had put my structures) and 1 after, and only one win, but thanks to this  I can see that there are different heroes in offense too. It's nice that they've put Aether raids in the game.

So far I've gotten 2 defense wins and like 3 loses (the replays show that Aversa's tome destroyed my team) so I decided to do some changes and came up with this.

Spoiler

cSZn2w9.jpg

I'll probably swap the position of Veronica/Myrrh and Cordelia/Airzura to give Veronica more coverage but that aside it feels like a decent map. Having the aether pots at the front is on purpose, the idea is to distract greedy opponents and then have Veronica kill them.

38 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

I see alot more diversity so thats a good thing, you dont get penalized for using your favourite units (though Reinhardt is hardly my favourite unit, he is just a foolproof for everything going in blind with a dancer). I also think there is alot of strategy involved in planing your defense or offense. Some maps can be really tricky with placing and units in it and traps. I do believe though the stat bonus fortress apply is a bit too high, currently offense units overrun my defense because they get 2x 4 into every stat. thats kinda like they are +20 merged lol. But thats my fault for constructing the wrong building which i noticed only far far too late.

In that regard i need to invest totally into the defense fortress. because offense can be bypassed easy with razzle dazzle Veronica and a dancer. so thats a weakpoint. although if i dont invest into offensiv fortress the gap of stat bonus defense fortress gives might be too high so i might time out. Its strategic planing also with the building

3 minutes ago, Johann said:

Oh yeah just a reminder, don't put your traps too close to your units cuz the area effect can hit you too:

giphy.gif

On the other hand if you want your healer to heal instead of being baited by other units then be danced by a dancer to attacj another unit this can be an interesting way to manipulate the AI

4 minutes ago, Johann said:

Oh yeah just a reminder, don't put your traps too close to your units cuz the area effect can hit you too:

giphy.gif

in that case the description is wrong or its a bug, because the description only mentions target and foes within range not your own unit. hopefully its a bug, because with this and the dumb AI defense wins are kinda fucked.

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

On the other hand if you want your healer to heal instead of being baited by other units then be danced by a dancer to attacj another unit this can be an interesting way to manipulate the AI

Oh there's definitely ways to make the most of it, but I think most people are probably gonna just screw themselves over

14 minutes ago, Hilda said:

in that case the description is wrong or its a bug, because the description only mentions target and foes within range not your own unit. hopefully its a bug, because with this and the dumb AI defense wins are kinda fucked.

Description says it affects "units", which would technically mean anybody, but is far too easy to misinterpret

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

is there a benefit to uograding the amphorae? I just ised 100 to do it to make the aether limit 150 but now i don’t think that’s a good idea since we barely have enough aether right now

You'll probably want to do it before the season's full aether reset happens anyway, so you get as much to start with next season as you can. I already maxed mine to 200.

10 minutes ago, Johann said:

Oh there's definitely ways to make the most of it, but I think most people are probably gonna just screw themselves over

Description says it affects "units", which would technically mean anybody, but is far too easy to misinterpret

Since i play in german

Description in German is: (translating)
If a foe ends their turn on a field with this object, target and units within 3 spaces take 10 dmg.

It says units, but since it mentions only foes at the beginning of the sentence it is very missleading

31 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I do believe though the stat bonus fortress apply is a bit too high, currently offense units overrun my defense because they get 2x 4 into every stat. thats kinda like they are +20 merged lol. But thats my fault for constructing the wrong building which i noticed only far far too late.

I got distracted looking at the trap stuff, but I wanted to add that I agree with this. I feel like the whole "Defense wins/losses at lower tiers don't matter" thing is a good way for us to figure the mode out, and for the developers to observe what players are doing and adjust accordingly if necessary. I do wonder how it's going to play out in higher tiers, since you'll almost certainly be losing 80 Lift a day, though we don't know how much Defense wins will award, which may ultimately offset it.

5 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

did everyone just spend what they got in the tutorials to get stuff? 
i didn't. and i'm probably gonna have to deck out and do things. i'm just getting a lay of the land. 

As invested in this as we all sound, it's still a pretty low stakes event, with the only major reward being those Hero Grails. Just playing with the map builder is fun enough, if you ask me.

2 minutes ago, Johann said:

I got distracted looking at the trap stuff, but I wanted to add that I agree with this. I feel like the whole "Defense wins/losses at lower tiers don't matter" thing is a good way for us to figure the mode out, and for the developers to observe what players are doing and adjust accordingly if necessary. I do wonder how it's going to play out in higher tiers, since you'll almost certainly be losing 80 Lift a day, though we don't know how much Defense wins will award, which may ultimately offset it.

I believe there needs to be a balance between both. If you focus on only upgrading your defense fortress, you might get more defense wins, but if you dont have offense bonus you might run into a problem of not being able to clear the field in 7 turns. If your offensiv Team has to fight a defense team that has +12 to all stats because you neglected your offense fortress. Even with a Razzle Dazzle healer you might run out of turns to kill them all. Although its really much easier to neglect the offense fortress. Because AI is AI and its a dumb AI.

7 minutes ago, Johann said:

As invested in this as we all sound, it's still a pretty low stakes event, with the only major reward being those Hero Grails. Just playing with the map builder is fun enough, if you ask me.

that's true LOL knowing me. and my luck. i'll always be stuck at the bottom'est level ;) i should just accept it from now and live vicariously through everyone else haha

12 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

that's true LOL knowing me. and my luck. i'll always be stuck at the bottom'est level ;) i should just accept it from now and live vicariously through everyone else haha

Best thing I can for now is to just play with it, and then you might get an idea as to what to spend the stones on. Your score carries over weekly until you get to the higher tiers (well, if you get there), so you can still reap some goodies from playing it rather casually, unlike Arena where neglecting it takes a major toll on your rewards.

I think it's an interesting new mode. I'm excited to see what it will look like with everything upgraded. I don't have a great defense team yet, I'm really bad at setting up a defensive team. I do love that we can finally get more limited time heroes though. My +5 Masked Marth is on her way to a +10!