Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Azuris said:

Do you happen to have a defense team with only Draug and some buildings? That was actually my last match this season and it was such a relief not having to focus this hard for once. That was the nicest thing in Aether Raids this week and it came from a player going against, what Aether Raids wants him to.

Nah mine is Julia, Chrom, Micaiah, and Takumi without weapons, and the buildings spell out “hi” but I’m not sure people notice that.

15 hours ago, Johann said:

Weirdly, if we can get to Tier 21, it'll be easy since we don't have to worry about rank at all from there. Like, I don't care if my Def team loses at that point since I'll still get max tier rewards, and I imagine it'll be a long time before there's more than 3k people in the highest tier.

Yes I am really looking forward to that. I hope we can achieve tier 21 after the 3.0 changes and then we wouldn't have to worry about tiers any more as it would be easy to just maintain the tier and even one bad season and missing out top rank rewards would just put me back to equal footing for the next.

11 hours ago, Baldrick said:

I'm going to try to win every match without worrying if I lose any. IMO, you get a decent amount of grails just from the daily bonus + tier bonus, and they aren't that useful without feathers anyway. By all means aim high, but ask yourself if the handful of grails from the ranking bonus is worth putting pressure on yourself.

Well, if you aim to +10 units with grails, grails will become the limiting factor fast.

But you are completely right, I will look at the changes and then decide which tiers are achievable mostly with offense and then take it a bit more easy after that.

10 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

So... A new means of gaining Lift was said by IS to be introduced in 3.0. I have a bad feeling about this seeing as what happened to arena

I like the fact that they give us more ways to get lift, but please don't be bonus unit kills again.

10 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Finally a flawless day of Aether Raids for me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yes, what a nice day it is, indeed.

1 hour ago, Azuris said:

Yes, what a nice day it is, indeed.

I like to play and also this mode was a good addition overall, but I can't remember me winning two matches in a row without losing a unit and/or missing the Aether pots. 

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I like to play and also this mode was a good addition overall, but I can't remember me winning two matches in a row without losing a unit and/or missing the Aether pots. 

Honestly that sounds a little weird to me since my ultra-aggressive Aether Raid clears and one-turning GHBs and such should use a similar set of skills. (Do you have any resource issues? Like, missing units and such that prevent you from properly covering all enemy units.)

Mind that my clears are nowhere near as rambo as they look---I do try to do the combat math beforehand to see the order I have to kill units, what units I have to kill them with, and where everyone needs to stand both during the 'go' turn itself and during the 'completed setup phase.' I personally don't like doing that because I prefer to use the 'just slam units in' method of playing FEH---and you can probably see a lot of that habit from when I drag my units to double-check the combat forecast---but needs must.

1 hour ago, DehNutCase said:

Honestly that sounds a little weird to me since my ultra-aggressive Aether Raid clears and one-turning GHBs and such should use a similar set of skills. (Do you have any resource issues? Like, missing units and such that prevent you from properly covering all enemy units.)

I could field the same team as you (I do have neutral Lyn, but my Brave bow Cav is Roy). Also my other GF units are doing their job.

Comparing Aether Raids to GHB/LHB/BHB doesn't work though. You can't trial & error and you can't change skills & units (aside from choosing between 5 teams). 

I tried GFing in the beginning, but I'm not as patient as you removing all obstacles. I tend to forget the turn limit doing that.

Usually I do all the daily stuff early and stuff like clears, arena streaks and so on a little later when I have time to concentrate. I could do Aether Raids later in my day, but then I'd risk to loose some free runs and there is no guarantee to have more time/concentration. 

Also I'm still not used to all the Aether Raids specialities, like when I get stat boosts, all the structures and their effects and so on. 

If this mode gets more important with the update, I'll have to focus much more. 

5 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I tried GFing in the beginning, but I'm not as patient as you removing all obstacles. I tend to forget the turn limit doing that.

Usually I do all the daily stuff early and stuff like clears, arena streaks and so on a little later when I have time to concentrate. 

That makes sense---I play a lot worse when I'm not focusing too. I'm pretty sure I'm like a ~1k player when I play serious and like a ~10k player, possibly even worse, when I'm just doing whatever.

Which means I have a serious chance of crashing and burning every single match because my teams do not forgive fucking up. (If it wasn't for the fact that I hate slow play so much I'd probably run the exact same kinds of teams as Ice Dragon---you can mess up with his kinds of teams too, but they fail more gracefully.)

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

That makes sense---I play a lot worse when I'm not focusing too. I'm pretty sure I'm like a ~1k player when I play serious and like a ~10k player, possibly even worse, when I'm just doing whatever.

I'm not even top 40k currently in Aether Raids, but faring much much better in all other modes ... 

You gave me something to think about. Perhaps I'm also bad currently because I'm trying to do the sure thing while I should try the fun thing with my favs. 

9 hours ago, Azuris said:

Yes I am really looking forward to that. I hope we can achieve tier 21 after the 3.0 changes and then we wouldn't have to worry about tiers any more as it would be easy to just maintain the tier and even one bad season and missing out top rank rewards would just put me back to equal footing for the next.

I suppose that upgrading the Fountain will be a ways a way, since they want people to get more of the new blessings. It's weird to me that these blessings only apply in Aether Raids, which is in itself a very limited set of rewards, so I suspect more people are interested in pulling for new skills to fodder than anything else and see the extra blessings/Lift as merely a perk. Unless I'm misunderstanding the Lift boost from active blessings, the maximum scoring potential is +60 if you have 2 Mythic heroes of the same element and 3 other heroes with an active blessing. At a minimum for Tier 21, having 1 Mythic and 3 Blessed heroes would get +30 Lift, though you could also do 2 Mythics (ie: 2 Eirs) and 2 blessed heroes for +40.

I suppose it's a shame I don't many 5*s that aren't already blessed with the classic 4 elements, but I don't think I'm going to save orbs for Mythic heroes the way I do for Legendaries.

13 minutes ago, Johann said:

I suppose that upgrading the Fountain will be a ways a way, since they want people to get more of the new blessings. It's weird to me that these blessings only apply in Aether Raids, which is in itself a very limited set of rewards, so I suspect more people are interested in pulling for new skills to fodder than anything else and see the extra blessings/Lift as merely a perk. Unless I'm misunderstanding the Lift boost from active blessings, the maximum scoring potential is +60 if you have 2 Mythic heroes of the same element and 3 other heroes with an active blessing. At a minimum for Tier 21, having 1 Mythic and 3 Blessed heroes would get +30 Lift, though you could also do 2 Mythics (ie: 2 Eirs) and 2 blessed heroes for +40.

I suppose it's a shame I don't many 5*s that aren't already blessed with the classic 4 elements, but I don't think I'm going to save orbs for Mythic heroes the way I do for Legendaries.

Mind you also get lift for merges on your Mythic Hero themselves, which is another +20 for +10 on both. (You might've been ignoring that for a lowish budget calculation, though.)

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

Mind you also get lift for merges on your Mythic Hero themselves, which is another +20 for +10 on both. (You might've been ignoring that for a lowish budget calculation, though.)

Oh yeah, forgot that part. What a silly concept.

29 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

RIP Aether Raids

Unlike what i just replied to you in the other thread, I totaly have to agree with you here. These mechanics are designed to make score even MORE dependent on pulling all the mythic heroes, and +10ing them. and we thought legendary heroes where whalebait. In fact, if you notice, they give you notable effects for having a hero in your barrics. The game has NEVER done this before, and the upshot is that f2p teams are at even more a disadvantage, because , no matter how well the team is designed, they can't count on having every mythic unit. granted, these effects are not in-combat effects, but they still make the mode less grindy, and make it easier to offset defense losses. 40 lift for each mythic hero is quite a lot, given we are talking about around 100 lift for each victory otherwise. (the merge bonus is less, but still..)

Possibly more importantly, you also can't equip new and old blessings at once. THis means that you can use a unit optimaly for arena, or aether raids, but not both. This encourages you to pull (and spend money for) twice as many units. it's such an obvious cashgrab.

Edited by sirmola

RIP Aether Raids indeed.

I'd strongly, strongly recommend leaving feedback. Those of you who use Reddit or whatnot, go bug them to do the same. There's like a 0.0001% chance that they would change things but we should make our displeasure with the Mythic Heroes and how they impact AR rather clear. 

11 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

RIP Aether Raids indeed.

I'd strongly, strongly recommend leaving feedback. Those of you who use Reddit or whatnot, go bug them to do the same. There's like a 0.0001% chance that they would change things but we should make our displeasure with the Mythic Heroes and how they impact AR rather clear. 

Just did, and complained about the 5* pool for good measure.

It's almost impressive that they've managed to make this mode even more blatantly pay-to-win than Arena is.  A lift bonus depending on merges of 5* exclusive heroes that aren't even in the summoning pool is such a joke, like how greedy can they be?  A shame too, I was enjoying Aether Raids. 

Its really a shame they did this, I liked aether raids quite a bit but looks like the age old adage is true IS can't make a new gamemode without fucking it up (with the exception of tempest trial)

37 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Some datamined info on how the blessings affect your Lift

Hide contents

For a mode that only rewards currency to acquire more GHB/TT units, they sure are going out of their way to whale bait with it. It's even more effort to get the bragging rights of t21 for this than arena, which is kind of absurd.

While whales already had a major advantage with +10 merged best units and the rarest skills, it was much much less than arena.  Skillful FTP players could rank high with good teams.  No chance of that now cause +10 mythic heroes and the blessing bonuses will make high rank whale only and also means they can afford to make much more mistakes, bad/failed runs.

There was a dream that was once Rome.

31 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Oh, fun. They added a new offense structure that lets you regain the lost Aether from a failure once per day. That's actually pretty nice.

And 300 free rocks.

Isn't it once per season?