Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

4 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Isn't it once per season?

Ah, so it is. I'm not good at skimming Japanese.

Looks like upgrades to it increase the number of times it can be used per season, which is nice.

Considering on average, I seem to fuck up about twice a season, it should help somewhat.

Also only 130 rocks away from being able to upgrade my offense fort to level 3. Yay.

Edited by Ice Dragon

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I clicked on Eir's blessing and it gave me a wall of text explaining the Aether Raid bonuses. I'll get back to it later, but how much extra Lift does it translate to?

Did my AR runs for the day without even trying to use Eir. With being forced to use either Laegjarn/Laevatein as bonus units, I just don't feel safe going into matches with Eir sucking up a team slot. Laeg and Laev aren't sure things for dealing with merged bonus stat Surtrs on their own, so I need Adrift Camilla or Aversa present on all teams alongside them. Then a mandatory dancer, Camilla and sometimes Loki have to fit in too. No real room left for a point booster unless I want to risk being unequipped for some big threats.

I can't imagine trying to run 2 mythics unless one or both happen to be Aversa/Loki-tier useful for the mode. I like Eir, but she's not a unit I want to be squeezing into AR teams when I also have to fit in a regular bonus unit that may already be a low-contributor.

I still don't get how Eir increases lift gain. 

Is it a fixed value per merge/match or does it multiply gained lift?

Do Eir's merges count, merges of a blessed unit or the merges of all units? 

Either way, not a change that I would have liked at all ... 

I just had the best experience in Aether Raid, and moved up from AR Tier 15 to 16 with 4 wins = 400 Lift.

I prepared a couple of teams, but I ended up using the same for all the matches: Lilina, Reinhardt, Azura, Veronica, L!Ephraim. The enemy teams had all kind of cancer: Reinhardt, Veronica, Aversa, 180 BST Emblem, and I'm pretty sure they all had Surtr. And one thing they also had in common: all their teams were walled in, meaning they cannot get close and personal to my units. That's fine, Azura is trained to take down Reinhardt and Veronica, Reinhardt can still kill a lot of units, Lilina with Axebreaker is Surtr's nightmare, and having a healer and dancer on a team made it very flexible for me - Rein and Ephraim also had Reposition to make things faster.

Now I just feel like to keep myself in Tier 16, my defense team did not get any action, but I'm excited to see how my newly built unit performs.

13 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I still don't get how Eir increases lift gain. 

Is it a fixed value per merge/match or does it multiply gained lift?

Do Eir's merges count, merges of a blessed unit or the merges of all units? 

Either way, not a change that I would have liked at all ... 

Here is how I interpret it:

If Eir is sent into the raid battle, she will provide a lift boost for every merge on her, so if she is +2, she gives 2 extra lift. Along with that, you get 10 extra lift per light-blessed unit.

Lets say you had a +2 Eir and 4 units with the light blessing. That gives you +2 lift from Eir and +40 from the light-blessed units (1 Eir x 4 light-blessed units x 10): +42 lift total. 

If the Eir was at +10, she would give +10 lift and make it a max of +50 extra lift.

Now if you have two Eirs on the team and 3 light-blessed units: With both Eir at +10, you will get +20 lift from the Eir merges, and +60 from the light-blessed units (2 Eir x 3 light-blessed units x 10): +80 lift total.

This maxes out at +90 extra lift possible, since you can have 3 Eir, all at +10 (+30 extra lift), and +60 from the 2 light-blessed heroes (3 Eir x 2 light-blessed units x 10): +90 lift total

Merges on light-blessed heroes don't count. Only the merges of Eir herself.

This means that in order to score perfectly, you now need 3 +10 Eir, and 2 light-blessed units, one of them being a bonus unit to get 190 lift per battle. Of course, this would make aether raids incredibly challenging, as you are essentially locked to 3 flying dagger units and a bonus unit, with one super powerful unit that can hopefully destroy every other unit in the game with no problem. Maybe a +10, +def/-spd Myrrh with DC, Quick riposte, Iote's shield seal and all 3 Eir's with ward fliers? F!Grima won't work since she is locked out of the light blessing due to being an earth hero. You would still have problems with razzle-dazzle pain healers, even with reciprocal aid or something on Eir.

1 hour ago, Maaka said:

Here is how I interpret it:

Thanks! 

That would be ... incredibly expensive and nearly unplayable. I guess few people will go for maximum lift as long as there isn't an op Mythic heroe. 

/Edit: @DehNutCase Changed my team to Cordelia (+10, Slaying+SPD, LnD, Desperation, ATK Tactic, GF), Cherche (HB, WoM, Goad Fliers, QP, GF), FH!Micaiah (WoM, Iceberg, Hone SPD seal), Ophelia (LnD, Hardy bearing, Draw Back) and Hrid (DD3 seal, Reposition, Summoner S). 

Buffs are not perfect (have to decide if to give ATK tactic to Micaiah or Ophelia, SPD tactic will go to Cherche), but the debuffs help too. 

So far it works well (lost only two units once, since forgot Ryoma is a dancer). My problem are ranged only teams: Cordelia/Cherche don't proc GF because enemies die in one hit and also WoM doesn't proc. 

Edited by mampfoid

The mythic hero situation isn’t as bad as I feared. Only +1 per merge won’t be a substitute for strategy, and hopefully they’re generous with blessings so I can keep multiple teams.

@mampfoid I’ve found Blazing Ophelia to be a good opening move, though with only two mages you would have to forego Hardy Bearing for Quickened Pulse. Maybe you could use a second dancer in Child Azura, but it’s hard to work out who to sub out from your team.

13 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

I’ve found Blazing Ophelia to be a good opening move, though with only two mages you would have to forego Hardy Bearing for Quickened Pulse. Maybe you could use a second dancer in Child Azura, but it’s hard to work out who to sub out from your team.

Ophelia with stat boosts, buffs and her ATK boon doesn't even need her special to kill Aversa for example. I was thinking already how to boost her special further, but another mage doesn't fit and QP is booked by Cherche. Perhaps a 3cd special like Draconic Aura. 

To initiate I'm using Hrid to bait a debuffed unit, so far he always survived one hit. Stat boosts from Fortress, Bonus season and Summoner support help. 

Edited by mampfoid

So it looks like you can't have the Light Blessing in addition to the old Blessings, so your units can be useful for Arena or Aether Raids, but not both.

Eir is pretty decent as a unit. I put her in one team so I can test the waters whenever I feel comfortable and the nice thing about the meta being mage spam right now, is when she does get to attack, she obliterates them, so at least she's not a liability. The biggest problem is probably that despite her good Res and preventing follow-up attacks, she doesn't do anything to defuse Rein, so she's no more helpful there than any of my other support staff. My defense loss for today has someone making that mistake and my Rein just crushes her. I guess she could do it with Deflect Magic 3, but that requires giving up Guidance.

14 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

So it looks like you can't have the Light Blessing in addition to the old Blessings, so your units can be useful for Arena or Aether Raids, but not both.

On offense, yeah. On defense, there's still some merit to running a legendary with its blessed allies, since that's extra stats on the defenders that may make things more difficult for the attackers.

12 hours ago, Johann said:

I suppose that upgrading the Fountain will be a ways a way, since they want people to get more of the new blessings. It's weird to me that these blessings only apply in Aether Raids, which is in itself a very limited set of rewards, so I suspect more people are interested in pulling for new skills to fodder than anything else and see the extra blessings/Lift as merely a perk. Unless I'm misunderstanding the Lift boost from active blessings, the maximum scoring potential is +60 if you have 2 Mythic heroes of the same element and 3 other heroes with an active blessing. At a minimum for Tier 21, having 1 Mythic and 3 Blessed heroes would get +30 Lift, though you could also do 2 Mythics (ie: 2 Eirs) and 2 blessed heroes for +40.

I suppose it's a shame I don't many 5*s that aren't already blessed with the classic 4 elements, but I don't think I'm going to save orbs for Mythic heroes the way I do for Legendaries.

Well, at least that settles my plans for Aether Raids. I am not going to bless a lot of my units with blessings that won't even work outside of Aether Raids. I bless my main Aether Raid team, that I'm using almost every time anyway and invest just enough into one of the offensive blessing types to make tier 21 and then just not do as well in the other seasons. Might as well go with light as we have a head start with a free one and Eir is on a hero fest, while the other might start on legendary banners, and is also sharing with Veronica at the end of the month if your prediction is correct, so I might pick up a few copies.

10 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Some datamined info on how the blessings affect your Lift

Thank you.

So it looks like Light and Astra blessings boost lift gain on offense while Dark and Anima blessings reduce lift loss on defense. Interested to see the numbers on the defense one, but will probably take until the first defensive one is released. Might just get a single copy of the defensive ones and put the blessings on a bunch of throw away units and call it a day, I'm not winning anything on defense anyway, so might as well reduce the loss. Even though it says the number of lift lost will be decreased with the mythic hero merges it's probably 1 lift per merge and for that it's too expensive.

9 hours ago, Alkaid said:

For a mode that only rewards currency to acquire more GHB/TT units, they sure are going out of their way to whale bait with it. It's even more effort to get the bragging rights of t21 for this than arena, which is kind of absurd.

That's exactly what I thought as well. Do they really expect me to get a lot of mythic heroes to +10, that are most likely as annoying to merge as legendary ones, just for a few more grails?

Edited by Azuris

1 minute ago, Azuris said:

That's exactly what I thought as well. Do they really expect me to get a lot of mythic heroes to +10, that are most likely as annoying to merge as legendary ones, just for a few more grails?

From what Maaka wrote earlier, that's only 1 lift per merge. Thank god the effect from merges is minor...

At least I hope Maaka is correct :)

9 minutes ago, Kruggov said:

From what Maaka wrote earlier, that's only 1 lift per merge. Thank god the effect from merges is minor...

At least I hope Maaka is correct :)

What I said only applies to offense with Eir and light blessings right now. I don't believe we have any info on how the defensive blessings work just yet. But I'm hoping it isn't too heavily tied to merges as well...

The offense one doesn't seem too bad if you use the right units. We are given a free Eir, so if you grab a second one from the current hero fest, you can get at least 40 extra lift per raid. Currently going to try to use Myrrh with distant counter and two Eir, both with ward fliers. Eir will give a light blessed unit +5 hp and +5 res, so that's +10 hp and res to Myrrh from the two Eir and her defense is already crazy high. Add in ward fliers and all the other summoner/ally support bonuses, plus whatever I have on my other two units and she could potentially just tank everything. Hopefully the only stuff I have to worry about is dazzling staff and firesweep, or maybe stall teams. I managed to get 2 extra Eir from the banner, so I might just throw the extra blessing on my bonus unit for now. Most likely using Loki as my 5th unit just for healing and slowing down potential healers.

Defensive blessings are 1 point per mythic merge (max 20) + 4 points per blessed hero per mythic hero (max 2 mythic heroes). Should cap out at 52 lift loss reduced, which is a 65% reduction from the typical 80.

In my only defense match I had to defend against this, and I had a huge red tank. Couldn't even scratch it. This is the definition of disgusting.

ru8oCww_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Spoiler

Fucking whales

31 minutes ago, Kruggov said:

I am glad it's not more and they could have made it way worse, but it still baffles me how they try to push mythic heroes who are at disadvantage in AA and Arena and are only normal units that can't be blessed in all other content, with only Aether Raids, which gives only grails (which are great, true), but not that many depend on being at the absolute top.

17 minutes ago, Maaka said:

The offense one doesn't seem too bad if you use the right units. We are given a free Eir, so if you grab a second one from the current hero fest, you can get at least 40 extra lift per raid. Currently going to try to use Myrrh with distant counter and two Eir, both with ward fliers. Eir will give a light blessed unit +5 hp and +5 res, so that's +10 hp and res to Myrrh from the two Eir and her defense is already crazy high. Add in ward fliers and all the other summoner/ally support bonuses, plus whatever I have on my other two units and she could potentially just tank everything. Hopefully the only stuff I have to worry about is dazzling staff and firesweep, or maybe stall teams. I managed to get 2 extra Eir from the banner, so I might just throw the extra blessing on my bonus unit for now. Most likely using Loki as my 5th unit just for healing and slowing down potential healers.

Does that work out for you? How merged is your Myrrh?

I might go for a second Eir on the Hero Fest to give me a better shot at tier 19 (thanks for losing one day this season btw), but I am really sad about losing F Grima because of the new blessings, she did so much work. I have to find a good replacement, my Myrrh is only +1. sigh

12 minutes ago, a bear said:

Defensive blessings are 1 point per mythic merge (max 20) + 4 points per blessed hero per mythic hero (max 2 mythic heroes). Should cap out at 52 lift loss reduced, which is a 65% reduction from the typical 80.

Thanks a lot.

So then -32 with two unmerged mythic heroes and 4 blessings will have to suffice for me.

12 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

In my only defense match I had to defend against this, and I had a huge red tank. Couldn't even scratch it. This is the definition of disgusting.

Yes, this is so annoying I had one of those tank my entire defense team last week and with bonus stats it's only worse.

Aversa is running axe breaker this week and I even prepared one of my offense teams with one of my red bladetome fliers if the worst happens.

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

So far it works well (lost only two units once, since forgot Ryoma is a dancer). My problem are ranged only teams: Cordelia/Cherche don't proc GF because enemies die in one hit and also WoM doesn't proc. 

Yeah the reason I run a pair of horses on my team is fairly subtle versus ranged teams.* I spend two unit-turns repositioning both Cordelia and Azura forward, which lets Cordelia actually activate Galeforce. This leaves at least one horse in a position to be danced to snipe a key unit (since they moved forward to reposition), and also body-block or face tank if needed.

The fact that Rein has decent mixed bulk while Lyn has decent Spd despite Brave Bow means that, between them, they can usually face tank at least one person on the enemy team, and I send in the one that doesn't die. Vs. ranged Cordelia doesn't get hit, so she doesn't die either.

*I rate horses highly because of small details like this---which is why I get into tons of arguments with people on how good horses are.

2 minutes ago, Azuris said:

Does that work out for you? How merged is your Myrrh?

I might go for a second Eir on the Hero Fest to give me a better shot at tier 19 (thanks for losing one day this season btw), but I am really sad about losing F Grima because of the new blessings, she did so much work. I have to find a good replacement, my Myrrh is only +1. sigh

Still in the process of getting all the supports grinded up, but I'll let you know later today. My Myrrh is currently +6 thanks to legendary Hector hunting (+0 of him though lol, but I like Myrrh more anyway). It really stinks that F Grima can't be used here, because she would be just as good, if not better really. Dragonskin would really help out and the colorless status is too good. I feel like I'm going to have a major problem if I run into a falchion user, but we'll see. 

Another alternative I thought of was Hack O Lantern Beruka, but I don't have the right IVs and Myrrh was almost all set with her skills.

29 minutes ago, Maaka said:

Still in the process of getting all the supports grinded up, but I'll let you know later today. My Myrrh is currently +6 thanks to legendary Hector hunting (+0 of him though lol, but I like Myrrh more anyway). It really stinks that F Grima can't be used here, because she would be just as good, if not better really. Dragonskin would really help out and the colorless status is too good. I feel like I'm going to have a major problem if I run into a falchion user, but we'll see. 

Another alternative I thought of was Hack O Lantern Beruka, but I don't have the right IVs and Myrrh was almost all set with her skills.

Ok, thanks.

I'm sorry you didn't get any Hectors.

I am still dreading running into one of those Horse Chrom teams, but so far it didn't happen.

Beruka is a nice idea but will not work for me right now, they all died for lunge and my feathers will most likely be taken by Aversa merges.

19 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

I just noticed that the Surtr whale that attacked me was a rematch.

So I beat him with no units lost, and then he beat me with 1 unit lost.

That actually makes me feel much better.

Ha, nice one. Well done.

I am bhaffled about this blessings. My Legendary heroes became useless because they cant be blessed with mythic blessings and my regular units allready have legendary blessings and are used in Arena or AA sooooo.... wtf do i do with the mythic blessing.

Those new blessings basicly just fucked up everything to say the least

I am really pissed about this fact... basicly killed any kind of effort i wanted to poor into Aether Raids

Edited by Hilda