Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

This week is good so far on defenses. First day, won my first match, so 0 lift lost. Second day managed to kill 1 unit, saving another 20 lift. Today I'm yet to be challenged. Hope that I can avoid battles/losses, so that would mean 200 lift that I didn't lose this week. I'll probably secure Tier 18 tomorrow or the day after, at most.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today was better, I don't know about myself. Some days I do very good other days I make some miserable silly mistakes which crush me. But I try to learn from it. I think I am closing in to be safe on my way to T18. T19 next week hopefully and after that I will be stuck a bit. 

2 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

I’m kind of bored of getting defense victories, but getting -80 in the first defense of the day. They should take into consideration for everyone either the highest or the lowest lift loss of the day, but this randomness is killing me. I’m considering sending feedback about it. 

I definitely agree with this. It really sucks to get screwed over by the RNG and have that one person who can easily beat your team matched up against you as your first battle, then have everyone after lose. Unfortunately, they would need to fix the randomness in who gets matched up against each other in the first place. Still seeing so many people not get a single defense match, while I end up with 2-3 a day.

@DehNutCase how do you feel about Catria with her special Refinement with Galeforce compared to Cordelia? She loses out on 2 Atk and 4 Spd without allies present compared to Cordelia with Slaying Lance [Spd].

16 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Is it bad that i dont give a shit if i win battles anymore? I mean i try to win but i stoped investing in Aether Raids with the introduction of blessings and mythic heros

I still enjoy the mode, but I guess I never mind losing as much since I do not expect myself to perform that well from the start. Without the BST crap, I expect to lose more often to teams that contain ranged ponies and Dancers/Singers.

I did give up on investing in my defense though. I rather have a smooth experience on offense than try to limit my Lift loss and do it in vain.

Personally, I've found Aether Raids pretty unchanged from before blessings were added. I figure I'll reach Tier 21 eventually, although I may lose interest after that if there isn't much else to achieve other than trying to pick up more and more thrones.

I think I have a shot at reaching Tier 19 this week, but I don't have much room for error. Fortunately I still have my escape tunnel for the week. If not, I'll do the rest of my advancing on light weeks, I guess.

I'm really feeling that Aether Raids is the worst of both worlds with the way its stamina system works.

A: "I'm really exhausted, and don't feel up to doing Aether Raids right now."  Too bad, you have to do it once or twice or risk losing out on Aether.

B: "You know, I really feel like doing some Aether Raids today!"  Too bad, you only have enough Aether to do it once or twice.

6 hours ago, XRay said:

@DehNutCase how do you feel about Catria with her special Refinement with Galeforce compared to Cordelia? She loses out on 2 Atk and 4 Spd without allies present compared to Cordelia with Slaying Lance [Spd].

If you can get Catria's Brave Weapon to trigger then anyone in her position would've cleared the map. If you don't she's a bit worse. That's pretty much all there is to it. (I won't call you stupid or anything if you decide to use her, but Est has the better floor with armor effectiveness, and they peak about the same.)

It's kind of like the difference between Hones and Goads. Goads are better, but Hones are easier to trigger, so all my teams run Hones until a map forces me to use Goads. (Which Aether Raids does, mind, hence why I'm slowly switching to lazy ass Ward Stacking teams. I don't mind running at max efficiency every once in a while, but asking me to do it every single day... defeats the whole point of a mobile game.)

Edited by DehNutCase

20 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I don't mind running at max efficiency every once in a while, but asking me to do it every single day... defeats the whole point of a mobile game.

This more than anything is making me hate Aether Raids as a game mode.

7 hours ago, Hilda said:

Is it bad that i dont give a shit if i win battles anymore? I mean i try to win but i stoped investing in Aether Raids with the introduction of blessings and mythic heros

The introduction of Mythic Heroes tanked my rank as a F2P player. I'm considering just quitting the mode until they improve it.

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I'm really feeling that Aether Raids is the worst of both worlds with the way its stamina system works.

A: "I'm really exhausted, and don't feel up to doing Aether Raids right now."  Too bad, you have to do it once or twice or risk losing out on Aether.

B: "You know, I really feel like doing some Aether Raids today!"  Too bad, you only have enough Aether to do it once or twice.

This is so true.

5 hours ago, Othin said:

Personally, I've found Aether Raids pretty unchanged from before blessings were added. I figure I'll reach Tier 21 eventually, although I may lose interest after that if there isn't much else to achieve other than trying to pick up more and more thrones.

I think I have a shot at reaching Tier 19 this week, but I don't have much room for error. Fortunately I still have my escape tunnel for the week. If not, I'll do the rest of my advancing on light weeks, I guess.

It feels entirely the same to me aside from I'm now gated out of moving up up in tiers and rank soon thanks to not getting more Eirs to score with.

43 minutes ago, Astellius said:

The introduction of Mythic Heroes tanked my rank as a F2P player. I'm considering just quitting the mode until they improve it.

As a fellow F2P guy, I take some solace knowing that even the whaliest of whales can only do so much here. Of the people who are currently in Tier 19 (most of whom can safely assumed to be whales, if only going by their lead unit), it's probable that few or possibly even none of them will advance to Tier 20. On top of that, only during Light Season will anyone be able to reach Tier 21, so if those few people don't make it now, they'll be stuck in T20 for 2 more weeks. This will lower the threshold for what constitutes the highest possible score, allowing more players to catch up.

I completely agree that Mythic blessings are, on the whole, dumb. Maybe if a hero could have 2 blessings, one Legendary and one Mythic it'd be less dumb. For now though, simply increasing your tier is an important milestone towards more Grails so I recommend people put even the bare minimum in.

30 minutes ago, Johann said:

As a fellow F2P guy, I take some solace knowing that even the whaliest of whales can only do so much here. Of the people who are currently in Tier 19 (most of whom can safely assumed to be whales, if only going by their lead unit), it's probable that few or possibly even none of them will advance to Tier 20. On top of that, only during Light Season will anyone be able to reach Tier 21, so if those few people don't make it now, they'll be stuck in T20 for 2 more weeks. This will lower the threshold for what constitutes the highest possible score, allowing more players to catch up.

I completely agree that Mythic blessings are, on the whole, dumb. Maybe if a hero could have 2 blessings, one Legendary and one Mythic it'd be less dumb. For now though, simply increasing your tier is an important milestone towards more Grails so I recommend people put even the bare minimum in.

Uh, wtf. This hits the weird spot between being so ridiculous it's obvious trolling and the "I'm so out of it" range. I think the former.

Nearly every match being Spring Breeze is starting to wear a bit thin.  It's not like I can blame the players when all the other choices are so much less reliable by comparison.  At this point I wouldn't mind a direct nerf to the map, like removing one of the walls.  There's no reason it needs 4 impassable dead zones when every other map's obstacles can be interacted with/bypassed in some way.  

That feeling when you run into a map you get to Galeforce wall-in and then forget to record. Ah well. (It was a really easy map, though---I had a whole unit turn free, meaning I could've done the same solution to a 6 unit team as well.)

I'm also misplaying a little these days because my mouse sometimes gets sticky and registers that I stopped pressing the left mouse button (meaning I 'let go' to the emulator, causing me to end turn in a weird spot), but fortunately it only cost me one unit this week.

2 hours ago, Astellius said:

Uh, wtf. This hits the weird spot between being so ridiculous it's obvious trolling and the "I'm so out of it" range. I think the former.

How so? All I'm saying is that, while Mythic blessings are dumb, the math behind rankings and tiers makes it so whales/lucky summoners can only get so far ahead with them before they hit scoring walls of some kind, enabling other plays to catch up in rank. Quitting the mode because you're not ranking as high as you once were is only going to affect the number of grails you're getting.

------------------

Anyway, checked my results just now, some guy with two +10 Surtrs attacked me. Kinda feel bad for anyone so obsessed with trying to win that they'd go through all that trouble.

3 minutes ago, Johann said:

Anyway, checked my results just now, some guy with two +10 Surtrs attacked me. Kinda feel bad for anyone so obsessed with trying to win that they'd go through all that trouble.

Or maybe you found the one guy that adores Surtr! ;):

I started really, REALLY late, so I'm in tier 8 or something like that.  Still need to figure out how to handle certain green spellcasters effectively (I have Olivia tank like no one's business).

2 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

Nearly every match being Spring Breeze is starting to wear a bit thin.  It's not like I can blame the players when all the other choices are so much less reliable by comparison.  At this point I wouldn't mind a direct nerf to the map, like removing one of the walls.  There's no reason it needs 4 impassable dead zones when every other map's obstacles can be interacted with/bypassed in some way.  

I think they should incorporate some form of bonus on maps.

Example:
Spring Breeze grants +4 to atk/spd/def/res to infantry units only and imposes -4 to all stats on horses. That way fielding horses is a bit detrimental on that map.
Lava map grants +4 to all stats when using fliers and imposes -4 stats to all armorers
Desert map grants +4 to all stats when using mixed teams and imposes -4 stats to Teams that dont run mixed Teams, as in you dont have more then 2 of each kind.
Forest map grants +1 movement to armorers and -1 movement to horses.
list goes on, of course some maps remain neutral and dont grant anything bonus wise

those bonuses apply to the attacking unit too (something along the lines of the Air is filled with glowing Aether supporting blablabla unit types)! so their Teamcomposition matters.

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Or maybe you found the one guy that adores Surtr! ;):

I started really, REALLY late, so I'm in tier 8 or something like that.  Still need to figure out how to handle certain green spellcasters effectively (I have Olivia tank like no one's business).

It's possible that his Japanese name translates to SURTRBOY4EVA, I shouldn't rule that out

Do you have Aversa at 5*? She could probably handle it, unless I guess it's Lewyn or something, then I guess she'd need Green Tomebreaker

2 hours ago, Astellius said:

In terms of numbers: 152 people started in T19 this week. Not sure about T18 but I’m estimating around 3000ish based on my Sunday rank. My wife and I actually did better in total scoring compared to the prior week despite ample fuck-ups, zero defense kills (let alone wins), and not using Eir.

Remember also that you don’t need to merge mythics to get the most out of them. T21 for example is actually super easy to reach if you can manage to pull two extra Eirs and two defense mythics of whatever season.

Right now I’m 20 lift away from T18 (don’t know if my last victory is from today, poor guy rematching me, so let’s asume it’s 100 lift away instead of 20). It seems that I’ll be able to reach my goal of arriving at T19 next week