Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

22 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Thanks! Will you reach tier 20 this week?

I'm tier 20, if I get 21 won't be decided today, unless I completely fail and will depend on my opponents.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A guy rematched me, lost a unit in that round, and then got matched with me again right after and fared much better against my trap, which was interesting to watch. Rematching him now, it's mostly the same as before, so it's an easy win for me.

1 hour ago, Azuris said:

Congratulations to all of you. That was a good performance and well deserved.

Thanks, although I think my performance is probably a bit worse than usual or about the same at best. I usually always aim to get all Aether Structures, but for this week, the huge increase in Lift made me a lot more complacent, and sometimes I ignore the Aether structures completely and just have FV!F!Robin kill everything on Turn 1 Enemy Phase.

55 minutes ago, Azuris said:

I'm tier 20, if I get 21 won't be decided today, unless I completely fail and will depend on my opponents.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do it!

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

@mampfoid thanks. My oher account was already in tier 19 but that’s mostly thanks to having a Surtr. Can’t get seem to go next tier since 6 man defense teams are trickier and i get losses but that’s fine since my goal was just getting the 6th member anyway

I still regret having skipped Sutr. 

25 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do it!

Imho Surt is still strong, even Dragons with QR are still strong etc. but once we get easier access to Null follow up, they will fall. My experience with Bride Lyn using Null follow up 3 as a Team mate instead of Dazzling staff has been great. High speed + decent mixed bulk prevents QR or Vengefull fighter and she survives one hit retalliation. She has basicly become my go to Armor killer and Steady Breath/QR Dragons Killer. Lets hope it doesnt take that long for that skill to hit the 4* pool.

Sturdy Impact follows the same niche with preventing follow up attacks.
If IS goes on this route with infantry skills i think Infantry units will be in a good spot in a couple of months and fliers will be then just busted.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Can confirm, he just marches up menacingly if the defense team didn't bring any strong anti-armor unit(s). However, Red Micaiah and Axebreaker Lilina are painfully common in the upper tiers I feel, so in many games Surtr just sat there whilst Winter Cecilia dunked everything. Definitely going to miss her gorgeous spread of 69/42/61 base bulk.

W!Cecilia was a blessing for this final AR bonus week on the road to Tier 21. Thanks to her, from now on I can play casually, canceling out only my defense lift loss for the week to maintain the tier.

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

Imho Surt is still strong, even Dragons with QR are still strong etc. but once we get easier access to Null follow up, they will fall. My experience with Bride Lyn using Null follow up 3 as a Team mate instead of Dazzling staff has been great. High speed + decent mixed bulk prevents QR or Vengefull fighter and she survives one hit retalliation. She has basicly become my go to Armor killer and Steady Breath/QR Dragons Killer. Lets hope it doesnt take that long for that skill to hit the 4* pool.

That sounds like a cool skill set for Lyn. I almost never pull for skills though and it doesn't seem like IS will give us good new skills at 4*.

Steady Stance 3 was the last (I think) and immediately after level 4 arrived. 

1 hour ago, Johann said:

One of my replays today had my Frederick kill a buffed full health Surtr in one move, which was pretty surprising given my anti-flier setup

Frederick is anti-armor, no? How does his anti-Flier set look like (he can't equip bows...)?

13 minutes ago, Azuni said:

Can confirm, he just marches up menacingly if the defense team didn't bring any strong anti-armor unit(s). However, Red Micaiah and Axebreaker Lilina are painfully common in the upper tiers I feel, so in many games Surtr just sat there whilst Winter Cecilia dunked everything. Definitely going to miss her gorgeous spread of 69/42/61 base bulk.

W!Cecilia was a blessing for this final AR bonus week on the road to Tier 21. Thanks to her, from now on I can play casually, canceling out only my defense lift loss for the week to maintain the tier.

Yeah, summer Micaiah is very useful in this mode. She is in my offense team. Winter Cecilia on the other hand is hard to deal with. 

Missing Sutr was bad because he does well in AR, but also because his banner was very good. 

Congrats reaching tier 21 so fast!

Hope we'll be spared for a while from tier 22-25

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Frederick is anti-armor, no? How does his anti-Flier set look like (he can't equip bows...)?

Frederick is, yeah, with Axebreaker, Slaying Hammer, and 63 Atk, I pretty much have him there just to keep Surtr in line. The actual anti-flier part of my map is Takumi, who is triggered by the AI to rush the player on Turn 1 and pick off their Eir/Azura/Aversa. Here's the layout and I wrote up some stuff on it a couple pages back:

Spoiler

ARdefmap3.jpg.e7932b452ac61ebfaac86abf246885b3.jpg

2 hours ago, Johann said:

Frederick is, yeah, with Axebreaker, Slaying Hammer, and 63 Atk, I pretty much have him there just to keep Surtr in line. The actual anti-flier part of my map is Takumi, who is triggered by the AI to rush the player on Turn 1 and pick off their Eir/Azura/Aversa. Here's the layout and I wrote up some stuff on it a couple pages back:

Hide contents

ARdefmap3.jpg.e7932b452ac61ebfaac86abf246885b3.jpg

That's actually pretty smart, didn't know half of the AI stuff. For example slot order having influence on anything??

Noontime Nailah is so much fun to use in this mode.

I maybe should’ve handed out free defense wins, but I’ve waited so long to actually be able to have fun with these battles, I couldn’t help myself.

Yay, so I’m finally going up to T20. Even without the extra day I’d have reached it by 50 points (370 now, the fountain upgrade let me play 3 times today lol). Also, first week with 0 remaining aether after the last match. Now time to try not to drop until the next Light session. 

xtc3tHS.jpg

Well, I made it! It was a tough journey with nothing but the free Eir and free blessing handouts, but I did it. Like the tier 20 week, near-perfect play and a bit of defense luck managed to make it through.

I was hit nearly every 20 hours on defense this week, but early on I got 2 -40's which alone was enough to potentially let me move up with continued good offense, thanks to the extra day. I think it would have been about the same in a week where I'd have the lvl 3 fountain to start off. I surprisingly got some more luck with no defense on Sunday as well, plus right before reset tonight a guy timed out on my map so that saved me from potentially losing -160 more lift for the final 40 hours. I was still safe without that extra cushion, though, but it let me take my final match easy since I technically didn't even need to play it anymore.

Now I just get to maintain my rank and make meme maps for free wins. (here's the first one, a comfy Nohrian Christmas)

Spoiler

1utGZee.jpg

(I know she's cold, but I don't have either of the regular Corrins upgraded still)

I'm at least glad I could be one of the people to show t21 is doable even without getting more mythics. It's certainly tight, though. If they add new tiers, I'll probably not bother. I can imagine it wouldn't take much of a lift increase to make a t22 unattainable as somebody with just 1 mythic without really nuts defense luck at that point. Either way, I have no desire to invest orbs for more Eirs or other mythics, but luckily I pulled it off without them anyway.

Managed to get into Tier 18 this week, despite not even really trying to. I don't think I lost a single match this week, just a unit or two at most. No defense wins though, but at least I managed to take down 2-3 units almost every single time. Let's see how far I can go.

I should have done the Maths on Aether...Last round I just took 1 Aetherpot..And thanks to that I only could do 1 round because I have 105 aether and need 106...
This could cost me a placement in top 3k. Oh well, at least I am in T20. 

A Clarine and Flying Ninian are the first victims of Null C-Disrupt on my Legendary Lyn. Now I'm giving her the Distant Defense seal. Her Res isn't bad, but she could still get worn down by multiple enemies.

I'm having fun in this mode again, because I'm winning.

Edit to add: When you reach (and start a week in) tier 19, do you lose your sixth team member slot (if you've bought it) when you get your first loss that knocks you down to tier 18? If so, they need to fix that - things unlocked in a tier do not get re-locked until two tiers below.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

40 minutes ago, Chrom-ulent said:

When you reach (and start a week in) tier 19, do you lose your sixth team member slot (if you've bought it) when you get your first loss that knocks you down to tier 18? If so, they need to fix that - things unlocked in a tier do not get re-locked until two tiers below.

It just doesn't field that unit for anyone who fights you after that loss. You can still set who it is and where they go, they just won't show up if someone challenges you until you return to T19. You don't have to repurchase the slot or fix the map.

11 hours ago, mampfoid said:

That's actually pretty smart, didn't know half of the AI stuff. For example slot order having influence on anything??

It's hard to rig everything in an optimal way, but yeah tricks like that help determine who moves first, who moves where, who gets danced first, that sort of thing. For instance, adjusting Clarine's stats so that Takumi had higher visible Atk/Spd/Def/Res was essential for him to get priority for Dance if they're both close to the target. Bookmarking the guide I linked in that post can be extremely handy when looking at an enemy's map, in order to know how their moves will play out.

Edited by Johann

Since next season is not Light season and F!Grima is not a bonus unit, I'll have to change my layout a bit. 

I'm at this for now, any tips are welcome. 

Builds are:

Lilina: Forblaze (Special Refine), Rally Attack, Moonbow, DB3, Bowbreaker, Spur Atk, Atk+3

Olivia: Skuld, Dance, Moonbow, Bracing Stance 2, WoM, Goad Fliers, Guidance

Eir: Base kit with Draw Back and Flier Formation SS

Lyn: Swift Mulagir, Rally Def/Res, Moonbow, Laws of Sacae, Desperation, Spd Tactics, Atk/Spd +2

Surtr: Sinmara, Pivot, Bonfire, Steady Stance 4, Wary Fighter, Surtr's Menace, Distant Def

Aversa: Aversa's Night, Repo, Noontime, HP/Spd+2, Renewal, Odd Res Wave,  HP/Res 2.

Screenshot_20190114-151732.png

Don't know if Lyn will work out. I can change her for Rein and put him in a range that overlaps with Lilina's.

Edited by Rinco

7 hours ago, Alkaid said:

Well, I made it! It was a tough journey with nothing but the free Eir and free blessing handouts, but I did it. Like the tier 20 week, near-perfect play and a bit of defense luck managed to make it through.

Congratulations. That was highly impressive, you started the week not being certain a perfect performance on offense would even be enough. But you didn't let that distract you and continued to do what was necessary without flaw. I am so happy it worked out in the end and wasn't all in vain.

I probably wouldn't even have tried faced with your odds, so I have a lot of respect for what you achieved. Well done.

19 hours ago, XRay said:

Thanks, although I think my performance is probably a bit worse than usual or about the same at best. I usually always aim to get all Aether Structures, but for this week, the huge increase in Lift made me a lot more complacent, and sometimes I ignore the Aether structures completely and just have FV!F!Robin kill everything on Turn 1 Enemy Phase.

Well, it did work out in the end and that's what matters, if you got yourself in the position to have some leeway, than it is only fair, to make use of it.

17 hours ago, Azuni said:

Congratulations. Well done reaching the highest tier and now enjoy playing it more casually for now.

8 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

Yay, so I’m finally going up to T20.

Congratulations. Only one more to go. Good job.

7 hours ago, Nanima said:

Managed to get into Tier 18 this week, despite not even really trying to. I don't think I lost a single match this week

Yay, that's nice. Congratulations.

6 hours ago, Stroud said:

Oh well, at least I am in T20.

Congratulations. That's still pretty good and you can try again next week.

9 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Noontime Nailah is so much fun to use in this mode.

Yes, I totally have to agree. It's such fun to have her take apart these annoying firesweeps, no poison strike for you! I got to use her two times and both times she turned an otherwise annoying map into an easy one.

@Johann

Also, now that it is secured, congratulations to tier 21. Well done and now enjoy a more relaxing time for a bit.

Welp, y'all must really be something to reach tier 20+. 

I say as I'm just reaching 18 for the first time. Granted, I didn't really pay much attention to it at first which prolly explains why

1 hour ago, Motendra said:

Welp, y'all must really be something to reach tier 20+. 

I say as I'm just reaching 18 for the first time. Granted, I didn't really pay much attention to it at first which prolly explains why

Imperfect play with a bonus unit and no Light Blessed units should get you to Tier 18 without any problems. With the release of Aether Fountain Level 3, you can probably get into Tier 19 too now. Before the release of Aether Fountain Level 3, I was stuck in Tier 18 for a while since I could not achieve nearly perfect play and I did not want to use my Light Blessing.

I can't wait until we finally get an Astra Mythic Hero and for Tier 21 to become saturated (because there's no way to demote if you're half-competent and active) so that this mode's ranking rewards become purely pay-to-win. (Sure, that benefits me a lot, but it's still shitty game design.)

Every time I think about the future of this game mode, the lower my opinion of it is.