Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got hard-walled by a Beruka. Used my first out of three uses of the Escape Ladder today. My defense is still managing to pick at least one foe off, so I might have a shot at cracking T19.

Side note: It looks like Beruka with Hack-O-Lantern is the new Effie with Berkut's Lance. Fates retainer taking a limited unit's inheritable weapon.

4 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am starting to think there are some players that don't care about Aether Raids... But I am not sure...

At Tier 19, I'm probably going to be fewer than 100 lift short of Tier 20 this season which is fine. I also have an easy defense theme team. With even a mediocre defense team, I'd probably make it. At this point, I just want to get grails, and help others get as many as they can too. The competitive aspect of the mode was ruined once they added blessings. Also, I wonder if anyone really likes being forced to have daily matches (especially against horrible, multi-dancer setups and worse).

9 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

If you're caught by that you're just playing careless, tbh. Perfect play requires you to win in all 4 possible trap configs. (12 if we consider the level of the bolt trap---gravity trap is less affected by level changes.)

A decent chunk of my defense victories happen when on the last turn, the opponent has only one of my units left to kill, but loses their attack to my real Gravity Trap.

I also know myself to play a bit recklessly and guess which trap is real, though I always have a way to recover from it since I've recently not been completely strapped for turns (except for reaching Aether structures).

9 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

I'm glaring at you with mixed envy and disdain at the resources at your disposal, btw.

(For reals though I'm actually more jealous of the amount of light blessings you have than anything else. Fighting with stat disadvantage means you need to rely more on cheese, which further means you need to run a lot of different 'hard-counter' comps, which just isn't feasible without a lot of light blessings to toss around---and maybe different sets on Eir so I can actually run the cheesier sets my box technically allows but my team comp requirements forbid.)

I've actually been getting by with only the free Light Blessings. Azura and the two copies of Eir don't need to be blessed, meaning it's just Myrrh and Surtr/Fae.

At the end of every Light season, I switch out my Light blessings for Arena blessings to do my Arena run, and at the beginning of every Light season, I re-bless Myrrh and Surtr/Fae using the 2 free Light Blessings from the daily Aether Raids rewards. It's so far sustainable only because there are no other Mythic blessings that are slowing down the acquisition of free Light blessings.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I've actually been getting by with only the free Light Blessings. Azura and the two copies of Eir don't need to be blessed, meaning it's just Myrrh and Surtr/Fae.

At the end of every Light season, I switch out my Light blessings for Arena blessings to do my Arena run, and at the beginning of every Light season, I re-bless Myrrh and Surtr/Fae using the 2 free Light Blessings from the daily Aether Raids rewards. It's so far sustainable only because there are no other Mythic blessings that are slowing down the acquisition of free Light blessings.

You have less stats to fight through than I do. (I'm assuming your stuff is +10 and your fort is level 4. My fort can't be level 4 because of math and my stuff is usually +0.) This ends up meaning I need to run cheesier teams than you do.

Edit: Mind, I don't actually mind that much. This resource stuff is only a little annoying. But the problem with AR is that it's a lot of little to moderately annoying things all rolled up together, making it completely cancer.

Off-topic Edit: Fucking +10 Brave Ikes are terrifying. Good thing Legendary Azura is kind of broken even for defensive teams, since I can just basically teleport Nailah across the entire map so that she doesn't have to be anywhere near him.

240 left, watch me somehow crash and burn despite this. (Scientists baffled at man's incredible ability to fuck up.)

Edited by DehNutCase

Played terribly and faced legendary Azuras in the middle of the week so staying at tier19. That thing where L!Azura won't attack my Nailah when she's in her range really screws me over sometimes.

As far as defense goes, nothing spectacular, few -60s and some full losses. I should find the time and will to work more on my defense team some time.

Incidentally, Naesala isn't the greatest unit on defense but it was amusing to watch someone use their NY!Azura to bait him.

After yesterday blunder, today I scored 280 and broke all the pots, lost 80 in defense, and currently sitting on 9200 lift.

Still need 360 lift to get and secure T20. That'd be 3 perfect runs and done - if I don't break pots anymore.

As of today T21 is impossible for me thanks to the 200 Aether limit.
It is impossible to do 3 rounds 1 day after a certain threshold. And Today I could only do 1 round. Messed up quite a bit yesterday. 

But I did a round today on which I am proud. Its the first time since long I really though about A.I. manipulation instead of rushing in.

It seems that it will be less than 2000 who will reach  T21. So it is still possible to reach Top 3k in T20 for a while. 

Edited by Stroud

I had a net loss of 40 Lift. I could not win my only match because I did not have enough turns to reach the last unit hiding in a corner. I just needed one more turn for my Sharena to get into enemy range of enemy Aversa. I think at least half of my losses are due to lacking an extra turn or two. Feels a little frustrating.

Edited by XRay

This looks nice, but I actually had to spend all of my escape ropes. I'm playing waaaaaaaaaaaay too sloppy. Not bothering to do combat math is biting me in the ass---both of my losses were ones that were easily avoidable with better play with the exact same team I went in with. I can technically still fuck up and drop out of T21 because of losing my ladders.

W1horiZ.png

Technically possible, but all you need is 140 points to offset double -80s over the next two days. That's potentially a single victory. You could even break it up into two victories where you lose 3 and 2 units (or any other permutation of 5 distributed over 2 losses).

I'm in a comfortable, but somewhat precarious situation, myself. 10 738 points with 3-4 matches left to go. I've only missed a single pot the entire season, so I think I still have the 4 matches, but my successful defense the other day was offset by taking a -80 today (which was flanked by -60s, of course). In general, I've bled a lot out of defense (-60, -60, -0, -80), such that two perfect runs could still be knocked below 11k by just one of my potential two -80s. There's leeway in the last 1-2 matches to sloppily cover that distance, though. Actually, I'm not even really sure when the -80 happened, either (other than that it was in that big space overnight), though it seems like it happened a little sooner than should have been possible. So that -0 might have been just a ninja day where the -0 was within the normal grace period, meaning three -80s might technically be possible if someone hits me near the end of the season on Monday.

I am 120 Lift away from Tier 20. My game play this week has been absolutely shit. I think I won only like half my battles at best, and only about half of those are perfect with no loss and gotten all Aether structures. I hope I can make it to Tier 20.

I am not sure if I can make it to Tier 21 if I keep getting worse in this mode.

11,260, so I'm 100% safe now.

My last game was really embarrassing, though, lost 2 units because I didn't quite think through my moves properly. Perfect play had the map as a no-loss victory, but me being sleepy + it not mattering much---I already had a +160 map earlier---meant that I played sloppy and engaged 1 round after I was supposed to. I needed to immediately re-organize my positioning the moment the shock trap did 40 damage to my lineup, so that WoM was still up, but taking 2 turns to do so meant my singleton Eir healed up Cordelia enough that she's 29 hp, which is basically the worst possible. She dies to everyone + can't be used as a WoM target.

The saddest thing is that if I had more resources so my teams can actually specialize I would've stomped regardless---I missed 1-2 unit-turns because my units can't quite ORKO, and they would ORKO if my buffs were dedicated to that team alone, rather than being specced for 2-3 different teams.

Edit: Not gonna do any matches tomorrow, so that leaves this season as 3 units lost, 0 pots missed, and 3 escape ladders used. Not terrible, I guess, but the 3 escape ladders is a testament to how god damn inconsistent I am.

Edited by DehNutCase

In the details about Aether Raid Seasons, it says one benefit of mythic heroes and blessings is reduced Defens Lift loss. How does that work?

Thus far we have only gotten light blessing, and I have been using them for my offense team. Does having them on your defense units reduce the amount of potential loss for so much for each one as long as it is the matching season and there is a mythic hero matching that season on your team or something?

I feel rather ashamed setting up a cancer team for defense purposes when it would be far more enjoyable to make something like themed teams on different maps. It would be nice if blessings could reduce the loss enough to not have to worry about constant wins and instead make whatever team you want. Though if it requires the mythic hero of that season, it still feels like a limitation I wish could be avoid.

Edited by Namero

Today I had 140+140 victories, and broke all the pots. I am currently at 9.480 Lift, which means I need 80 lift to secure tomorrow. (currently sitting on 30 Aether, which means 2 raid tomorrow).

However, I saw a successful defense this morning - I just don't know if I had that yesterday or today. This is huge.

EDIT: oh wow, it's still not enough to get into the 6k

Edited by Garlyle

Got a lift loss of -80 somewhere after 04:00 in the morning and before 09:00 in the morning. If it was past 08:00 I am guarenteed to only get max -160 at the most. It is probably still possible to get -240, although that would mean I’d have to get lift losses as soon as the 20 hour grace period expires. 

So, with that being said, I am currently at 10920 Lift, with two matches tomorrow. I think I can rather safely say that i will be joining T21. I also have two ladders left so even if is mess up horribly, I still have some leeway.

Bad day. Lost my first round without ladder, thanks to that I don't even reach top 3k. 
There are still some teams I just can't do anything about. If my Athena only would have fortress def/res 3...

10480 lift now. And of course defense has been more unforgiving this week...

Also in future I will not give up a ladder because of 20 lift anymore. That could bite later.

Edited by Stroud

I've been handing out surrenders and free defenses still this week. I've seen some other t21 people doing the same. I wonder if it'll make the jump from 20 easier for people as they get closer, since they'll have a chance at encountering more of these joke defense teams people on the top have out.