Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I forget, do you get 20 aether back if you break both the aether pots in a match?

2 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

20%, so you'd get 10 back from the 50-capped matches.

You get 5 Aether per pot broken, so you have leeway to miss 2 pots a season and still get all your fights. (And after that you miss a match every 8 pots missed, rounded up.)

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

20%, so you'd get 10 back from the 50-capped matches.

Is it calculated by the Aether you spend for the raid or by the lift you have?

30 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Is it calculated by the Aether you spend for the raid or by the lift you have?

It's 10% of your Aether cost per pot, which is currently based on your Lift, but won't be after the update.

My math shows you'd get 15 fights once you're in the 50 Aether/fight range, assuming you have both Fountain and Amphorae upgraded, allowing only 2 pots to be missed in the entire season (not counting the final fight). Here's a breakdown of possible high scores (before Def losses) based on how much bonus you're getting:

• +0 Lift (no bonus): 12,500
  • +10 Lift: 12,650
  • +20 Lift: 12,800
  • +30 Lift: 12,950
  • +40 Lift: 13,100
  • +60 Lift: 13,400
  • +90 Lift (max): 13,850

So even a super whale with 3 Eir +10's is gonna need a good Defense to hit T27 (13,400 Lift), or otherwise get some Dark heroes once those show up. Meanwhile, a player with 2 unmerged Eirs would only reach T27 if they get a flawless Offense and Defense in an entire season.

32 minutes ago, Johann said:

It's 10% of your Aether cost per pot, which is currently based on your Lift, but won't be after the update.

My math shows you'd get 15 fights once you're in the 50 Aether/fight range, assuming you have both Fountain and Amphorae upgraded, allowing only 2 pots to be missed in the entire season (not counting the final fight). Here's a breakdown of possible high scores (before Def losses) based on how much bonus you're getting:

• +0 Lift (no bonus): 12,500
  • +10 Lift: 12,650
  • +20 Lift: 12,800
  • +30 Lift: 12,950
  • +40 Lift: 13,100
  • +60 Lift: 13,400
  • +90 Lift (max): 13,850

So even a super whale with 3 Eir +10's is gonna need a good Defense to hit T27 (13,400 Lift), or otherwise get some Dark heroes once those show up. Meanwhile, a player with 2 unmerged Eirs would only reach T27 if they get a flawless Offense and Defense in an entire season.

Who the heck has the money to get multiple +10 Eirs?  I'm not exactly F2P, and I've only got her twice.

26 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Who the heck has the money to get multiple +10 Eirs? 

Probably former whales who evolved into aircraft carriers.

26 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Who the heck has the money to get multiple +10 Eirs?  I'm not exactly F2P, and I've only got her twice.

I run into +10 Eirs pretty consistently. (I'd guess around 20-30% of T21 has at least 1 +10 Eir.) I even ran into 2 +10 Dumas this week, if I remember correctly.

Which was not something I expected. Whales are probably better on average and having +10 stuff makes the climb easier, but I honestly assumed that the fact that non-whales should drastically outnumber the whales would've made up the difference in terms of the ratio of teams I run into.

Mind, even if we go by my 30% guess, that still just gives about 500 people who are that freakishly whale, which isn't a lot when you think about it.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I think it's absurd as well, but I wanted to show the numbers anyway to put into perspective how minimal the gains are. Assuming a player with 2 unmerged Eirs played as well on Offense as a player with 3 Eirs +10, that big spender would end up getting... 2 dragonflowers, 10 aether stones, and 2 grails more. Woof.

The best thing about these changes, however, is the fact that we can actually take some days off of AR and not suffer any Aether/Lift penalty for it.

Edited by Johann

Ahahahaha CC Rein + 2 dancers is so retardedly fun to use. Ran into a team with OG!Micaiah and Hardy Bearing Ophelia. (And a bunch of other jack ass mages + dancers. And an odd Cleaner Sothe who I'm guessing is supposed to stop people like Vantage -blade, but he dies in 1 hit to Rein with only Atk Tactic so *shrug.*) But the team only having 1 copy of hardy bearing meant all I needed to do was get Rein into vantage range (good thing a level 1 shock trap does that), and he wipes the whole enemy team.

Missed two pots but it's the off-season, so who cares. (I could've gotten them, I think, but my solution only took like 5 min to think up, vs. the 20-30 min I'd probably have to go through to get both pots---I had 2 clears depending on trap placement, and adding the complication of needing to grab pots would've made it waaaaaaaay more complicated.)

Still hate the fact that I have to do AR because of the quests, though. (I'm honestly considering just buying 2 of the cosmetics and letting the last one burn in a dumpster fire.)

I forgot to do my AR yesterday. Once the tablet is charge, I'll try to make up for it today.

Also, we'll get the new item through this in the future. It's a good thing I made it to T20, now it'll pay off double.

22 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Still hate the fact that I have to do AR because of the quests, though. (I'm honestly considering just buying 2 of the cosmetics and letting the last one burn in a dumpster fire.)

You've got the whole month for the quests, so you'll end up getting them anyway

16 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

I forgot to do my AR yesterday. Once the tablet is charge, I'll try to make up for it today.

Also, we'll get the new item through this in the future. It's a good thing I made it to T20, now it'll pay off double.

This is what happened with me, I always try to do near the end of the day but completely forgot was doing something else.  Luckily it looks like I have some padding and should be able to stay tier 20.

I for one am super excited to be able to skip a day of AR now and then. Still wish they'd give us more time on the final day, no excuse for it ending 8 hours early.

Edited by a bear

42 minutes ago, a bear said:

I for one am super excited to be able to skip a day of AR now and then. Still wish they'd give us more time on the final day, no excuse for it ending 8 hours early.

I hate having the last day on Monday.  When it was Sunday, I could almost always find the time to do it before 5PM, but Monday, if often busy and don't get off work until later.  I can try to rush doing them between surgeries or something, but that leads to mistakes.

10 hours ago, Rezzy said:

For some of us, extra copies just come naturally as they share their color with other units we want. For example, I'm sitting on 30 total copies of Fjorm (by virtue of how long ago she was released) and 17 total copies of Azura (because of statistical variance in small data sets giving me a million copies of her instead of my last copy of Summer Camilla).

Sometimes, it's because of volume and time (Fjorm) and other times, it's because of sheer dumb luck (Azura).

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I can try to rush doing them between surgeries or something, but that leads to mistakes.

I hope you mean mistakes in the game and not mistakes during surgery. :P:

10 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I hate having the last day on Monday.  When it was Sunday, I could almost always find the time to do it before 5PM, but Monday, if often busy and don't get off work until later.  I can try to rush doing them between surgeries or something, but that leads to mistakes.

Oh god I just realized they're probably moving it to Wednesdays, those are even worse for me. March 10th can't come soon enough.

2 hours ago, a bear said:

Oh god I just realized they're probably moving it to Wednesdays, those are even worse for me. March 10th can't come soon enough.

To be honest, week days in general are pretty bad.  Wednesday, particularly.  Ending at 5:00 is a big part of it.  Since it takes less than half an hour to calculate the score, I don't know why they need to end the season several hours before the daily reset.

I am so fucking sick of all the cancerous defense teams I keep running into. I've already secured my tier for this season so I ended up just surrendering immediately upon seeing some of them today. I don't even care about the lost Aether, this shit isn't worth it.

It's good that they're nerfing the overused maps, but they really need to apply the brigade refresher restriction to AR defense teams. And just straight up ban L!Azura, please.

Feels pretty odd that they're nerfing maps at all. The difficulty of AR isn't really the maps.

They are addressing the real reason for the difficulty, though. The fact that the enemy units are actually optimized rather than deliberately gimping themselves for score will be somewhat counteracted by the flower stats. The flowers aren't quite enough, though. The problem with Duel skills from a performance perspective isn't just that you lost like the 2nd or 3rd most valuable skill-slot after weapon and assist, but also the fact that people running Duel skills tend to be on shitty teams*---flowers give basically an extra A-slot, but it doesn't fix the problem of actually running into optimized teams.

*Yeah, people taking Arena seriously still build the least fucking terrible of all those shitty teams, but even the least fucking terrible of those teams are still pretty shitty.

Also, lul at that 5 day Light season. Technically I would've been able to make it to T21 in 5 days---I had 11,020 on my 5th day when I did my climb---but god damn.

Edited by DehNutCase

Lost a lot of fights earlier in the season and got worried about dropping down to T19, but I restructured my raiding party lineup last night to have more of a mix of teams rather than focusing on light/legendary units. Got two clean wins after that, which should be enough to keep me safe in T20.

14 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Feels pretty odd that they're nerfing maps at all. The difficulty of AR isn't really the maps.

I think it's really more about pushing people to try different setups. I would have preferred that they found other ways to incentivize that, but whatever, if Spring Breeze and Lava map are gonna be easier, then it makes my life easier.

15 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Also, lul at that 5 day Light season. Technically I would've been able to make it to T21 in 5 days---I had 11,020 on my 5th day when I did my climb---but god damn.

If I don't make it into T21 this week (I can only lose 80 more lift between now and Wednesday), I'm definitely stuck in T20 for the next two without question since I'm part of the One Eir Club. Seems strange to me that you'd still need 1600 for T21 but the tiers after it are just 400 each.