Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

3 minutes ago, Tree said:

It's currently light season, so why would you only have four offensive units next week? Also, isn't this a shortened season? Might be hard to make Tier 21.

Actually the chance to go to T21 is not too bad for me because of a good start. If I only did better on offensive this day I would have 60 lift more. I could get 11.160 lift at maximum with 3 ladders left and 7 rounds to go. 

Bonus units change next week and there is no more Eir among them. If they would switch between Duma and Eir between the corresponding seasons It wouldn't be a problem though.
And I don't see any unit along them who would be helpful, they could just smite my carriers and hide in the corner. 

Of course I could go for 120 lift and still play my old team, if I see a chance to win with them I can still pick a team with the new bonus units. With the new aether calculation it might be possible. 

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I finally fielded a double Eir team.  . . 2 Eirs, Loki, Nailah, Seth. Seth is the MVP right now. Ran into a lot of Armored Faes, Hectors, and Surtrs and Seth just down right eats them for breakfast. Plus everyone on this team really enjoys attack and speed being boosted(Seth is running SPD/ATK/RES Tactic setup). I have been thinking of giving Seth Fortress DEF/RES, but not sure if he needs it with all the RES he is getting from Eir. Plus I am apparently in the tier range where everyone only ups the Offense Fortress so that is basically a free +8 on top of everything else.

Anyways Seth was an obvious pick to partner with Nailah. She can struggle against green armors and Seth just mows them down.

Did the math.

250 starting Aether plus 6 times 70 aether is 670 Aether

That's enough for 13 runs, where you can smash pots for 130 more Aether

800 Aether together is enough for 16 runs, that's 2,240 points with a team of 140

If defense fails, you need 1600 + 560 = 2,160 to reach T21

Leaving you only with 80 points room for error.

With a team of 160, the gap is 400 points. I think I need a 2nd Eir.

Spoiler

@mampfoid @XRay sorry comrades, I though you might be interested in this.

Edited by Garlyle

1 hour ago, Rinco said:

@Maaka, I got a def loss by you today, nice Myrrh!
It was my second def loss of the day, so you didn't take any lift

Haha thanks! I was hoping it wasn't your first loss. Let me know if you would like a free win sometime this week, I can go ahead and set an unarmed unit up and you can rematch me. I normally get attacked every day around reset, so I'll probably be immune later in the day.

2 minutes ago, Maaka said:

Haha thanks! I was hoping it wasn't your first loss. Let me know if you would like a free win sometime this week, I can go ahead and set an unarmed unit up and you can rematch me. I normally get attacked every day around reset, so I'll probably be immune later in the day.

I can hold aether in the last day, maybe with 9~10 hours before the end of the season. I can tag you here again to see if you could do that hahaha. Thanks a lot!

And I just saw, after spending all my ladders and aether for the day, that I wasn't running the bonus structure on Offense. Now I get why my units were dying as they did.

5 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

Did the math.

800 Aether together is enough for 16 runs, that's 2,240 points with a team of 140

Reveal hidden contents

That is good math to see. I got 2 Eirs, and now I am just waiting for Sharena to come back as a Bonus unit during Light season to get into Tier 21. I wish I got more dough though, cause then I would have summoned Nailah and try to get into Tier 21 sooner.

Dumped all my infantry, cavalry, and flier Dragonflowers into Fjorm, Hrid, and Robin since they've been my best AR leaders. With Fjorm being a bonus unit next week, and Light/Water lining up in the week after, after buffs and everything, she'll have... 69 HP, 70 Atk, 50 Spd, 49 Def, and 63 Res, maybe more if I can get enough flowers.

2 hours ago, Garlyle said:

Did the math.

Hide contents

Thanks, very helpful!

I'm sad I won't have an Earth/light week with L'Hector as a bonus unit. No idea whom I'll use as my tank to promote.

Good luck to you!

5 hours ago, Garlyle said:

Did the math.

Hide contents

I wish I didn't have to double up on Eir to actually have a shot at Tier 21 (or use Eir at all, but can't argue taste).

ot0qRez.png

Getting all the pots sometimes requires a bit of planning.

My team is essentially Reinhardt with his cheerleading squad now.

I do like the Aether cost changes, at least.  I won't have to worry about trying to do my 1-2 runs of the day tomorrow after a 14 hour day.

image.png

Edited by Rezzy

Most frustrating Aether raids ever.  Lost 2 of 5 units on first run, then used all escape ladders (3) and extra run so I don't let aether go to waste.  Impossible to kill any unit in one turn, all super merged every damn time.  No matter how I positioned and couldn't tank either.  Every team has Azura on it and either a bunch of armors or cavalry/fliers or combo of both all super buffed.  

Maybe I haven't upgraded my stuff the right way or something, but it is super frustrating not to be able to kill a single unit on the enemy team.  I'm glad my escape ladders are gone, tomorrow I'll only have to play this crap once.  

6 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Most frustrating Aether raids ever.  Lost 2 of 5 units on first run, then used all escape ladders (3) and extra run so I don't let aether go to waste.  Impossible to kill any unit in one turn, all super merged every damn time.  No matter how I positioned and couldn't tank either.  Every team has Azura on it and either a bunch of armors or cavalry/fliers or combo of both all super buffed.  

Maybe I haven't upgraded my stuff the right way or something, but it is super frustrating not to be able to kill a single unit on the enemy team.  I'm glad my escape ladders are gone, tomorrow I'll only have to play this crap once.  

Do you have Loki? Thokk helps so dang much with limiting Azura's dance range. Much safer to bait folks out. The Tactics room also works, but you have to be lucky/savvy enough to have it in the right spot before a battle is engaged. Thokk is much easier to deploy where needed. Also works to ruin Lyn, Reinhardt, and Veronica. I really need to get better at positioning that Tactics room. I almost never snag someone with it. One column is just bit too poor coverage for me to utilize properly.

But yeah, Aeither Raids can be very frustrating without Thokk to put folks in their place. Part of the reason I was pulling colorless on Duma's banner. I didn't care about him, but I needed some Thokk to make Raids playable for me.

I got annoyed that i lost nearly all my AR defense battles, so i decided to switch to le epic maymay team of all three Kageros, PA Azura, and X bonus unit.  So far I've won around 50% of the defense battles I'm in, and in the losses I usually take down 2-3.  For some reason, everyone tries to tank armor Kagero, who has Barb Shuriken/Ignis/Bold Fighter/Armored Boots.  She ORKOs every character not named Surtr, since she procs Ignis on distant counter units, then takes down another unit after a Dance.

Is anyone else experiencing a drought of AR attacks? As of about an hour ago, my cooldown had been up for at least 16 hours and I still haven't bled any Aether. The last time I was attacked was a revenge match in response to one of my own matches in the ballpark of 20-21 hours ago (this also followed 2 other attacks that happened just an hour or two before that). I'm kind of suspecting the greater freedom in when to do runs for the week is causing less Lift loss for defense failures, but anecdotal sample size and all that. Still, it's highly unusual that I didn't get hammered overnight (I've otherwise ninjaed only a single day in the entirety of my AR career).

1 hour ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Is anyone else experiencing a drought of AR attacks?

Might be due to people cramming their plays on the first and last day, and whenever their Aether gets full in between, since not everyone enjoys playing it every day.

11 hours ago, Usana said:

Do you have Loki? Thokk helps so dang much with limiting Azura's dance range. Much safer to bait folks out. The Tactics room also works, but you have to be lucky/savvy enough to have it in the right spot before a battle is engaged. Thokk is much easier to deploy where needed. Also works to ruin Lyn, Reinhardt, and Veronica. I really need to get better at positioning that Tactics room. I almost never snag someone with it. One column is just bit too poor coverage for me to utilize properly.

But yeah, Aeither Raids can be very frustrating without Thokk to put folks in their place. Part of the reason I was pulling colorless on Duma's banner. I didn't care about him, but I needed some Thokk to make Raids playable for me.

I don't have Loki, was pulling for her and Duma on the legendary banner but got another Summer Linde instead.  Yeah she would be awesome to stop these cheesy Azura shenanigans.  I thought whales would all be in 21, I don't know why I am running constantly into 2 L! Azura teams (with multiple merges on her), with +10 Ophelia, +10 Surtr, high merged Peganinos, etc etc.  It is ridiculous.  

I remember one, and no I didn't leave anyone in Surtr range.  However I lowered his def/res with an attack from Eir and set up everyone with a lot of movements so I can  initiate with my +atk Zelgius...who attacked twice and activated Black Luna.  AND SURTR STILL LIVED.  I wish I had a damn screen shot, but it must have been more than the +10 the way the buffs were stacked or something.  Either way it was infuriating.  

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Might be due to people cramming their plays on the first and last day, and whenever their Aether gets full in between, since not everyone enjoys playing it every day.

That's kind of my suspicion. What gives me the most pause about it is that people still have to play at least once per day on five of the seven days (or all five days, in the case of this shortened season) in order to collect all the daily rewards. Then again, the greater freedom of when to do runs might mean that they plan to back-to-back it a couple times on the middle resets, then still cram the first and final days. This would result in less Lift lost on average to defenders since they might get hit just as often, but won't get hit as many times while off cooldown.

10,380 Lift and 5 rounds I can play, which would take me to 11,080 Lift
Also have 3 ladders left. And 2 defense rounds... Which means I just have to win defense 1 time D=. urgh... please T_T. I feel screwed about 5 days. If I just played better the first day I would have 11,140 Lift.

Edited by Stroud

5 hours ago, Stroud said:

10,380 Lift and 5 rounds I can play, which would take me to 11,080 Lift
Also have 3 ladders left. And 2 defense rounds... Which means I just have to win defense 1 time D=. urgh... please T_T. I feel screwed about 5 days. If I just played better the first day I would have 11,140 Lift.

Aether Raids has quickly become my most hated mode in this game.  With Light being short, it's going to be two weeks before it's possible to get into 21.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Aether Raids has quickly become my most hated mode in this game.  With Light being short, it's going to be two weeks before it's possible to get into 21.

Yeah, the mode can be really annoying. For now the mythic cycling only gets in the way. And its the most punishing mode, even more then defense fails. 

I am glad and satisfied though with offensive. But I really had to adapt the first weeks. 

Edited by Stroud

8 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Aether Raids has quickly become my most hated mode in this game. 

I agree. I still do it, and am definitely going to be locked in to doing it until death thanks to the new Titania (I suggest we both might be).

I think it's worse crime is that tbh, it's incredibly boring. Am I going to be fighting Surtr, Reinhardt, L! Azura, Veronica, and Ophelia on this map? YOU BET! I'd love to see people's actual teams, which is how I have my castle set up.

I also don't believe in using units I don't like, so I never use Eir or anything like that. I can't say I care too much about reaching the highest tier, because the reward difference for 19 (where I am) isn't that much less than above. I am not going to complain about that because I know it's self inflicted by "not doing whatever it takes to win" but I'd hate using Eir or any unit I didn't like because I felt I was forced to. AE is the mode that really pushes certain units more than others (and it's not like I suck, I clear abyssal maps and I don't own a single dancer - not a one)

On the other hand, sometimes it makes me laugh when I go to a castle and it's a single Lv1 Oliver.

1 hour ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

I agree. I still do it, and am definitely going to be locked in to doing it until death thanks to the new Titania (I suggest we both might be).

I think it's worse crime is that tbh, it's incredibly boring. Am I going to be fighting Surtr, Reinhardt, L! Azura, Veronica, and Ophelia on this map? YOU BET! I'd love to see people's actual teams, which is how I have my castle set up.

I also don't believe in using units I don't like, so I never use Eir or anything like that. I can't say I care too much about reaching the highest tier, because the reward difference for 19 (where I am) isn't that much less than above. I am not going to complain about that because I know it's self inflicted by "not doing whatever it takes to win" but I'd hate using Eir or any unit I didn't like because I felt I was forced to. AE is the mode that really pushes certain units more than others (and it's not like I suck, I clear abyssal maps and I don't own a single dancer - not a one)

On the other hand, sometimes it makes me laugh when I go to a castle and it's a single Lv1 Oliver.

I'm not a fan of using Eir either, and can't wait until we actually get new Mythics to vary it up a bit.  I wish we didn't have to still cycle the Legendaries, which are just a groan inducing alt fest at this point.

Even with 5 units, with two of them needing to be Eir, I feel hamstrung by not having good team composition.  It seems every keep I raid has six +10 units, so if one of them hard counters the 2-3 actual units on my team, I'm screwed.  At least with Arena, I can just eat the loss and try again.  AR is far less forgiving, and a few bad matches can absolutely destroy your work for the week.

This is just a horrible joke. Can there be just one day I wake up and do not see a def loss?
I have 10720 Lift now, 2 battles to go. Which means tomorrow I have to get a defensive win. Ninja mode is out of question. So I will be short by 80-20 Lift tomorrow. I do not expect getting a def win. Can I trade 3 of my ladders for 1 additional round? xD Damn T_T. Such a tease. Want compensation Aether for this shortened week. 

At least I should be able to get to T21 in 2 weeks. And I will at least reach top 3k those weeks. My offensive is just solid. Defense is just luck, I can improve my layout how much I want, there are always those players who crush it.

Edited by Stroud