Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

14 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I fought someone who copied Akariss' set up and ended up beating them flawlessly. I thought I was screwed there for a second. 

What did you use? Counter-Vantage?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

What did you use? Counter-Vantage?

No I used Nailah with noontime+base kit as she's fast enough not to get doubled so she just heals. Fuck bond skills though because Aversa hard counters using bonds. Would have done much better if used CD3 SS. 

Akariss has much more powerful units so I'd probably have lost badly against his team. 

Galeforce Tibarn, Eir and the two herons helped clean up the rest. 

55 minutes ago, Johann said:

The funny/sad thing about Yune's C-Skill is that it's generally up against players getting +5 or +10 Res and buffs, so there are plenty of units that won't be affected, and even still, -5 to a single stat isn't a big deal compared to stuff like Aversa's Night. The real strength is the HP being competitive against Aversa/Loki/Tactics Room

I am seriously tempted to keep my +Res Yune as the merge base just to be able to get a stupid 58 visible Res on her.

10 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

I had someone tank my choke using a +10 CC Vantage Absorb Sera with Corrin support. She had Summoner Support too but she might work for you. That said, I don't know how well she will handle some of the nukes you'll face like Ophelia. There are of course weaknesses to this. This build assumes she'll be able to counter and heal herself which means against Dazzle and Firesweep (or Hardy Bearing units that disable your Vantage) she might not get off that crucial self heal to save herself.

That's where miracle comes in handy. 

2 hours ago, Icelerate said:

That's where miracle comes in handy. 

Indeed, if you can get it charged and the enemy doesn't double tap you with someone like Ophelia.

Today went better. My defense team, once tweaked, got two wins. Offense, my Eir blasted the enemy Tibarn and somehow survived Ophelia and the mage Azuras. Seeing as it's Light/Water, I'm bringing in my newly merged up Legendary Azura.

(all on my main, my alt does not care about AR, I do not have the energy to keep up on both)

I've had 2 defense wins and 2 total wipeouts. Luckily the wipeouts didn't count for points! (No idea if the second win did since the game refuses to tell when these fights occur). Hopefully I can use this chance to springboard to Tier 21.

Switched my defense team for the season to be Yune, Ophelia, Sonya, Mathilda (Firesweep Lance + Drag Back), Veronica and Reyson (Yune and Mathilda replaced A!Tiki and Naesala). The last 2 aren't dark blessed and aren't going to be.

Also took all extra buildings away from Offense team, leaving just bonus one, fortress and ladder. The extra room for movement is nice.

All this talk about counter vantage really makes me upset that I keep missing the defense brave users. Neither Keaton nor Reinhardt are willing to grace me. Not sure who other than them would make a great counter-vantage unit. Whenever I look through my barracks it is always a dry spell for that. Getting that ohko just seems a bit tough if you don't get to attack twice, have a blade tome, or an instant charge special. The blade tome is basically the only thing my barracks has access to. Well I guess I got the blade sword too. But nothing ever leaps out at me that that is what I want to burn the extremely expensive counter series on.

1 hour ago, Usana said:

All this talk about counter vantage really makes me upset that I keep missing the defense brave users. Neither Keaton nor Reinhardt are willing to grace me. Not sure who other than them would make a great counter-vantage unit. Whenever I look through my barracks it is always a dry spell for that. Getting that ohko just seems a bit tough if you don't get to attack twice, have a blade tome, or an instant charge special. The blade tome is basically the only thing my barracks has access to. Well I guess I got the blade sword too. But nothing ever leaps out at me that that is what I want to burn the extremely expensive counter series on.

Ares? He can counter-spam 3CD specials. 

Is there someone named Falco/fromSF here? Just found them in AR, hope they enjoy the free defense I have set up for rematches (whenever I'm in immunity after waking up each day).

4 hours ago, Azuni said:

Is there someone named Falco/fromSF here? Just found them in AR, hope they enjoy the free defense I have set up for rematches (whenever I'm in immunity after waking up each day).

That would be me! =D

I've reached tier 17 now! I'm kind of on a roll since I made two more teams. ^^ Let's hope I at least stay there this week!

I'm glad I gave horse Chrom a Light Blessing, he wrecks all dragons for me and I see them a lot in this mode for some reason. Them and armors. When I see more armors, I go to the team with Bunny Palla because those armors often have Surtr.

Edited by Anacybele

13 hours ago, Rinco said:

Ares? He can counter-spam 3CD specials. 

Yeah he was my thought too, but despite the fact that I technically have enough of him to +8(or some such), they are all basically +RES or some such bs. Don't have a single +ATK or +DEF one yet, and I am the type that don't like committing to a project until I have all the basic components to finish it. Basically don't start what you can't finish. So he isn't an option yet. That and spending DC on him is. . . questionable. Actually I think the DC issue is what keeps stumping me. I would basically have to kill my only OG Hector or my only Valentine Hector to grant DC to someone so it would have to be a unit I really like/want. And none of the options I have looked at appeal enough to clear that bar. Keaton may have, but that ship never came to port.

@Anacybele Grats! Hopefully you stay on that roll!

You could try what I do, though it's not as flexible. Stack an upgraded Bolt Tower with Fallen Takumi to ease the threshold for scoring the Vantage kills. I've routinely seen success doing this with L!Hector, Black Knight and even Fallen Takumi himself. Pain+ Savage Blow 6 healers are another option I've seen people float around.

Today went well enough. Foe used a Legendary Roy buffed up with Gray Waves to bait me and set up for his perfect victory, so I moved Spring Catria to be able to cover that spot for future matches, and then proceeded to sweep him in the rematch. Heh, three Surtrs in a box, all sitting ducks for Pain+ Savage Blow.

Switching Flying Olivia to Legendary Azura for Light/Water season could be the last push I need to finally break out of T19. Up to a 131 max.

13 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

Hey @mampfoid I see you ran into my base today. Nice to see the Galeforce strats. You were close to getting a perfect run my Hrid was just too bulky.

Haha, cool. Didn't think I'd meet someone from SF already on my second t21 week. Nice map btw, throwing Yune, Gunnthrá and Hrid on a map was a good idea. 

Yeah your Hrid was bulky, should have made the calcs beforehand. But I'm too lazy

I saw you didn't have problems with my map. From time to time Galeforce Hector and WoM Cherche caught some players by surprise. 

I'm at a bit of a loss as to where to go concerning my AR def.  I don't really have any cavalry units built up aside from Reinhardt that would give my team a bit more flexibility when it comes to conducting a defense in depth.  The best I could do yesterday was have Raven go on a rampage with Galeforce, but even then I relied upon having HaloMyrrh stall long enough to time my foe out.

Spoiler

.  Screenshot_20190402-222859.png.333c47b8b3c50c0a61aac8a96aaedd62.png

Team is:
Raven +10 (Spd): Basilikos (LaD3 refine), Galeforce, Reposition, Fury 3, Desperation, Drive Spd 2, Heavy Blade 3
Halloween Myrrh +3 (Def): Spirit Breath, Aether, Reposition, Distant Counter, Special Fighter, Atk Smoke 3, Quick Riposte 3
Eir +1 (Atk): Lyfjaberg, Iceberg, Reposition, Swift Sparrow 2, Mystic Boost 3, Sparkling Boost, Atk/Spd 2
Ophelia +1 (Atk): Missiletainn, Blazing Light, Rally Up Atk+, Life and Death 3, Special Spiral 3, Drive Spd 2, Hardy Bearing
Festal Micaiah (+atk/-hp): Dawn Suzu, Glimmer, Dance, Death Blow 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Res Ploy 3, Atk +3
Legendary Azura (+spd/-atk): Prayer Wheel, Moonbow, Gray Waves, Fury 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Attack Tactics, Guidance

Any ideas on how I can refine this defense, or should I just junk the team?

Addendum: I'm also aware that the defensive tile on the right exists, I'm having difficulty figuring out how to position units to deny its use.

Edited by Raltis

39 minutes ago, Raltis said:

Addendum: I'm also aware that the defensive tile on the right exists, I'm having difficulty figuring out how to position units to deny its use.

The easiest way is to use a different map. I personally dislike the maps with fortification tiles because they're typically easy for the challenger to use against you (and like it when the defender is using one of the maps because I can abuse the fortification tiles with my 50+ Def/Res armors).

Yeah defensive tile maps aren't particularly good unless you're using a specific strategy like the Restore trick to prevent unknowing players from even reaching it. Snowdust works best when you bring the fight to the player, or else you're usually inviting them to use those tiles.