Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

With how Legendary Heroes of the current season's elements count as if they have all Mythic blessings, I wish they'd extend that to the defense Mythic element of the current season on offense and the offense Mythic element of the current season on defense.

Right now, there's literally no reason to use Yune or Duma on offense except when they are a bonus unit, and there's no reason to use Eir on defense (if you're actually trying to reduce your maximum defense loss penalty), which is kind of disappointing.

If we let Dark Mythic Heroes receive stat and scoring bonuses from Light Mythic Heroes on offense (the opposite for defense, and the corresponding for Astra-Anima seasons), then Dark and Anima Mythic Heroes would actually be worth using on offense (and similarly for the others).

No, this has nothing to do with getting a Yune with 80+ Res and 50+ HP from Eir bonuses. Whyever would you think that?

Edited by Ice Dragon

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

With how Legendary Heroes of the current season's elements count as if they have all Mythic blessings, I wish they'd extend that to the defense Mythic element of the current season on offense and the offense Mythic element of the current season on defense.

Right now, there's literally no reason to use Yune or Duma on offense except when they are a bonus unit, and there's no reason to use Eir on defense (if you're actually trying to reduce your maximum defense loss penalty), which is kind of disappointing.

If we let Dark Mythic Heroes receive stat and scoring bonuses from Light Mythic Heroes on offense (the opposite for defense, and the corresponding for Astra-Anima seasons), then Dark and Anima Mythic Heroes would actually be worth using on offense (and similarly for the others).

Yeah, I've also wanted to use Duma on offense (when in season) because he is often a bonus unit. Otherwise, it's mostly just one of the Askr trio or maybe a legendary if it's one I happen to have.

59 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

No, this has nothing to do with getting a Yune with 80+ Res and 50+ HP from Eir bonuses. Whyever would you think that?

:lol:

It's not looking good for me. One of those level 3 defense guys still proved invincible. Firesweep Lance Lunge user + Hrid, I'll steal that for myself next time. I'm out of Escape Ladder uses. I'm putting Nailah in as insurance against Firesweep scum for the remainder of the season.

If this fails, the Alm week is my next hope. He and Eir will be supported by Reyson, Dancing Micaiah, and Legendary Azura (checked and it'll be Water season). And if that doesn't work, then I'm opening the wallet for two copies of the Astra Mythic.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

Having a way to actually use defence mythics on offence would be super convenient. This is probably why they don't do it though, as the mythic hero bonus unit pool rotates very fast and it would become very easy to skip that restriction entirely. ...then again, I think I would sooner use the Askr trio than Duma on offence. Maybe it wouldn't be unreasonable, just messy when it comes to blessings.

Evidence of the last two weeks of replays has convinced me that people with level 5 forts just don't pay as much attention. Probably due to an influx of people making it to higher ranks by relying on level 5 fort on offence and double mythics on defence.

I got aced by a Bladetome+CC/Vantage Reinhardt this morning, but this was thankfully during my immunity. I don't think I could complain if that was how I got -80'd though!
The following match was a clean success, carried by Seliph miracle cheats.

Spoiler

XMTuXd8.png

Spoiler

Do3ld7K.png

Huh, thought next season was L!Alm. Eir and L!Azura will get the bonus instead. Next Light season is still going to be Earth/Water, so L!Alm is still in.

EDIT: Welp, I'm in T21. Two perfect wins today on offense and a win on defense put me at 11119. There's only enough time for two defense losses, and Yune puts the maximum loss at 55, not enough to knock me back out.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

Started to get back into AR and got back into tier 18 after barely playing and dropping from 19 to 16.

Bless LAlmBigGay for being so angry at LAlm that he/she put four Lv. 1 units and giving me a free +100 score.

On 5/3/2019 at 4:15 PM, Ice Dragon said:

Eventually I'd like it to be taken a step further to allow in-season Mythic, as well as mythic-blessed Heroes to provide scoring bonuses on both offense and defense.  During Light/Dark season I could use a Dark Mythic with dark-blessed Heroes on offense, and vice-versa with Light + light-blessed Heroes.  In-season Legendary blessings have always affected both offense and defense scores in the Arena modes -- hopefully Mythic blessings follow suit. 

I ended up playing all my matches flawlessly, meaning no deaths and got bother aether pots except for one match where I had two deaths but still got all the aether. AR is so much easier when you don't have to worry about only having light blessed units and when Eir is a bonus unit. 

So, new banner announcement. All my thoughts aside one thing that is catching my Eye is Sudden Panic 3. After merging my Aversa to +10 I thought about making a second one which would cost me quite some grails. With Sudden Panic 3 new possibilities will open and of course we might see a decline of Aversas. 

One unit who instantly comes into my mind would be Ninian. She is the Dancer with the most HP bulk and could be quite good with Sudden Panic 3 I think. Only downside is that she is outclassed by other dancers in different terms, but still worth a thought. But I think using her gives most players another slot thanks to not needing Aversa anymore...

Another contender might be Sylvia as a budget option and easier to merge. But I think HP+ Ninian does not need merges to work with it. 

I also consider the possibility for it to have a movement restriction, because armors do not need HP buff to make use of it. But who knows..

Edited by Stroud

43 minutes ago, Stroud said:

So, new banner announcement. All my thoughts aside one thing that is catching my Eye is Sudden Panic 3. After merging my Aversa to +10 I thought about making a second one which would cost me quite some grails. With Sudden Panic 3 new possibilities will open and of course we might see a decline of Aversas. 

One unit who instantly comes into my mind would be Ninian. She is the Dancer with the most HP bulk and could be quite good with Sudden Panic 3 I think. Only downside is that she is outclassed by other dancers in different terms, but still worth a thought. But I think using her gives most players another slot thanks to not needing Aversa anymore...

Another contender might be Sylvia as a budget option and easier to merge. But I think HP+ Ninian does not need merges to work with it. 

I also consider the possibility for it to have a movement restriction, because armors do not need HP buff to make use of it. But who knows..

Could work on a high HP healer pretty well. +HP Azama gets like 46 HP at base, so getting him into the 60's is very realistic for minimal cost (excluding the Sudden Panic inheritance) and few opponents are going to get higher than that.

Nasty glitch running around with defense teams. Be ready to lose 80 points today (without defense Mythics). I tackled a regular random match and a rematch, you will lose any rematch by the enemy and win any rematch you choose to trigger due to an enormous disadvantage caused by the glitch. Random matches seem unaffected, so people will be able to be deliberate jerks to others for a while and be salty rematchers. Japanese devs have acknowledged the issue and recommend putting defensive Mythics in your first four slots of the team, since the last two won't be on your defense map if you get rematched. Don't bother adjusting anything without defensive Mythics, you will lose regardless, as it will be a 4 (you) v 5 (rematching enemy) battle, and a lvl 1 defense fort on your side, as if you didnt upgrade it, while the attacker keeps all his stuff.

Hope they fix this nonsense soon, it's really dumb.

Looks like I was the victim of this. Lost 69 instead of 59. Luckily I had previous defense losses I could rematch and a full tank of Aether.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

12 hours ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Nasty glitch running around with defense teams. Be ready to lose 80 points today (without defense Mythics). I tackled a regular random match and a rematch, you will lose any rematch by the enemy and win any rematch you choose to trigger due to an enormous disadvantage caused by the glitch. Random matches seem unaffected, so people will be able to be deliberate jerks to others for a while and be salty rematchers. Japanese devs have acknowledged the issue and recommend putting defensive Mythics in your first four slots of the team, since the last two won't be on your defense map if you get rematched. Don't bother adjusting anything without defensive Mythics, you will lose regardless, as it will be a 4 (you) v 5 (rematching enemy) battle, and a lvl 1 defense fort on your side, as if you didnt upgrade it, while the attacker keeps all his stuff.

Hope they fix this nonsense soon, it's really dumb.

Huh, that explains why my Hoshidan Miccaiah suddenly decided to disappear in a rematch.

Not surprised to see someone with the name 'FrickYou:)' use this glitch though. I hope this is fixed soon because if it isn't I won't be able to reach next tier.

Closest I've ever come to T20, 220 lift away but only 45 Aether left. I am fortunate that this has been my best defensive Season, though. Only took a -80 and a -60 this week thanks to help from Maaka, Diovanni, and Alkaid~

If Defense keeps up, I should do better in Dark Season thanks to Yune~

We really need to be allowed more Aether or to have matches use less Aether (I've upgraded the fountain and pots completely). I've won most of my matches this week with no deaths and I'm still coming up short of tier 19 by quite a bit. Even if the two or three matches I had deaths in had been perfect, I still would come up a bit short when I do the math. It's just not possible for anyone that doesn't have two Eirs or something to do it. Requiring two of the same character to go any higher is dumb imo.

Also, how the hell does a Reinhardt only take 12 damage from Gunnthra? Rein is a low Res blue unit, Gunnthra should always be destroying him and yet I ran into one that she not only did a mere 12 damage to, but died to in one round despite her own high Res. Since she's destroyed literally every other Reinhardt I've faced, enemy phase or player phase, except for this particular one, I call cheating. I've also almost never run into similar situations between other units.

Edited by Anacybele

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

We really need to be allowed more Aether or to have matches use less Aether (I've upgraded the fountain and pots completely). I've won most of my matches this week with no deaths and I'm still coming up short of tier 19 by quite a bit. Even if the two or three matches I had deaths in had been perfect, I still would come up a bit short when I do the math. It's just not possible for anyone that doesn't have two Eirs or something to do it. Requiring two of the same character to go any higher is dumb imo.

Also, how the hell does a Reinhardt only take 12 damage from Gunnthra? Rein is a low Res blue unit, Gunnthra should always be destroying him and yet I ran into one that she not only did a mere 12 damage to, but died to in one round despite her own high Res. Since she's destroyed literally every other Reinhardt I've faced, enemy phase or player phase, except for this particular one, I call cheating. I've also almost never run into similar situations between other units.

Reinhardt's Res isn't all that low.  A flowered +10 Reinhardt reaches 30 Res unbuffed.  Since his speed is comparatively low, he's able to keep a pretty good defensive spread.

36 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Reinhardt's Res isn't all that low.  A flowered +10 Reinhardt reaches 30 Res unbuffed.  Since his speed is comparatively low, he's able to keep a pretty good defensive spread.

Oh yeah, I should be considering dragon flowers more now, huh? I guess I forget about them sometimes because they're still a fairly recent addition. Good point.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, I should be considering dragon flowers more now, huh? I guess I forget about them sometimes because they're still a fairly recent addition. Good point.

Dragonflowers are one thing, but I'd guess there was more at play like buff stacking. It's more common with flier and armor teams, where the enemies are clustered in a group with as many Wards/Goads as they can get. This is usually done to make it hard/impossible to pick any of them off, or leave a super tanky unit in close range to take everything at once. They also tend to avoid using Hone/Fortify buffs since Aversa usually craps on that. What was their team like?

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Thats not true. I reached Tier 20 withonly 1 Eir and no merges. for Tier 21 i luckily got a 2. one.

Also what was the Forzress difference? If he had Level 5 Offense Fortress and you 4 that would explain stuff.

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

There are people here who managed to get T21 with just one Eir. It is possible with 140 lift. 160 with two eirs or even more when considering merges just makes it easier to do so.

And for the Reinhardt vs Gunnthra, do you check skills of units and surrounding units? Things like ward cavalry stacking. That can give a +20 in combat boost to def and res. 

If you calculate battles beforehand you’ll surely win more.

ZUE7oqZ.png

So close, yet so far~

Anyway, I've never used Eir in a single match~ Had I not lost one of my Defenses this week, I would have made T20 with no Eir at all~ It's more than possible to do~ T21 is when you need at least 1 Eir.