Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

Yeah it's a good week for Fjorm and Robin. If my notes are accurate, it'll be Water + Light season when Fjorm is a bonus hero next too

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually started out well this time.  Zero ladders used, two units lost (I think) and only missed 2 pots.  It's pretty much the opposite of how last week started.  I swapped out my tactics table for a bright shrine.  It's only level 1, but not having to worry about which column it's lined up with to take effect is nice.

I also won my first two defense matches, so that's another 40 Lift not lost.

Edited by Rezzy

Haven't posted in a while, but been playing AR each week still! I kinda went "F it" on figuring out a defense team and just threw in 2 Yunes and mages lol. Though I'm thinking of eventually switching over to a full flier team once I have blessings for that.

This season has started decently, lost 1 ladder, 1 unit and 2 pots. Hopefully I can get to tier 21 finally, was 5 points short last light season LOL

I am thinking about change my defensive team to a free win team, where the units can be easily defeated and the pots can be easily destroyed. Then I will place the Defensive Mythic Hero + Blessed/Legendary Heroes to decrease the lift loss.

7 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am thinking about change my defensive team to a free win team, where the units can be easily defeated and the pots can be easily destroyed. Then I will place the Defensive Mythic Hero + Blessed/Legendary Heroes to decrease the lift loss.

I did that for some time. But for real, it's not worth it. You never run into anyone else doing it, and you get some sort of high from visiting defense results and witnessing the odd win every so often.

9 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

It's not a bad idea to change out your real team to a free one after you enter immunity each day, it could help rack up some easy-looking rematches to save for the last few days of the season, and could bait people you've attacked into using their rematch on you when you're already in immunity.

On 5/14/2019 at 11:31 AM, daisy jane said:

I swear in the name of heaven if I don't make tier 21. this season, imma gonna lose it. i just. want to be good in one mode, please. 

Well, astra (heaven) blessings are coming soon. ;):

I'm not particularly good at any mode, but if I wanted to be good at one, I'd personally avoid Aether Raids for sanity reasons. :P: Of course, I do recommend getting tier 21 even if it takes awhile. I couldn't make it until I got two Eirs. You'll have the option to park and rest once you get there.

5 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Why would anyone use a dancer to bait out enemies in AR? 

I'm seeing a case of role compression and Azura does have OK offenses and nice Res, presumably for taking on stuff like Veronica (and, for this battle, my 2 red mages). Too bad they didn't exactly count on Summer Cordelia successfully proccing Galeforce.

This mode is so... garbageeee... flocon-du-merde etc.

Even though i am T 21 and i just do battles to remain in T21 i still cant find any joy for this mode. It was so promising at the start and then they had to f-it up with Mythical blessings and not implementing any restrictions to Team building etc. (2Dancers anyone)

End of weekly AR Rant

Edited by Hilda

This is such a weird Defensive week for me: 5 battles on day 1, none on the 2nd, 2 yesterday, and none yet today~ I'm used to having 2 a day, and I figured with everyone trying to use Eir to rise, I'd get more matches than usual~

On 5/15/2019 at 11:56 PM, Tree said:

Well, astra (heaven) blessings are coming soon. ;):

I'm not particularly good at any mode, but if I wanted to be good at one, I'd personally avoid Aether Raids for sanity reasons. :P: Of course, I do recommend getting tier 21 even if it takes awhile. I couldn't make it until I got two Eirs. You'll have the option to park and rest once you get there.

that's all i want. LOL. just to "park" 
once i hit 21 i never have to play again. teehee.

i keep running into whale teams.
in my next life, i too will become a whale.

2 hours ago, daisy jane said:

that's all i want. LOL. just to "park" 
once i hit 21 i never have to play again. teehee.

i keep running into whale teams.
in my next life, i too will become a whale.

thats not true, the problem is you need to keep playing because you could declimb from T21... As in if you go one week on vacation you are kinda fucked lulz

36 minutes ago, Hilda said:

thats not true, the problem is you need to keep playing because you could declimb from T21... As in if you go one week on vacation you are kinda fucked lulz

seriously? that sucks.

7 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

seriously? that sucks.

You're reset at the start of each Season so all your defense has to do is lose once if you stop playing, and you'll fall out~

11 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

heartbroken.

It is not that bad though. I play really sloppy right now and can still get into Tier 22 every week even during non light season.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

It is not that bad though. I play really sloppy right now and can still get into Tier 22 every week even during non light season.

yah but you are better than me tho.
i can't get into tier 21 to start with. 

53 minutes ago, XRay said:

its not hard to stay in T21, but part of me wishes i could just forget this mode and leave it at T21 and just reap in the rewards for 5 battles (1 for each day) by just going in and auto-ending the battle, which tells you how much i enjoy this mode lol

54 minutes ago, Hilda said:

its not hard to stay in T21, but part of me wishes i could just forget this mode and leave it at T21 and just reap in the rewards for 5 battles (1 for each day) by just going in and auto-ending the battle, which tells you how much i enjoy this mode lol

That would be nice too. The difference in reward between Tier 21 and Tier 22 is not that great, so I would not mind giving people free defense wins if there was no Lift loss on my defense.

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

yah but you are better than me tho.
i can't get into tier 21 to start with. 

I got into Tier 21 with 2 Eirs when Sharena is a bonus unit, and it took some luck too. It took me two tries I think.

Edited by XRay

Looks like I'll just have to forever remain in tier 18 or something. I'm just not capable of going any further. It's too difficult. I can hope that someday it'll become easier, but it wouldn't ever happen. Sucks though, I would've liked to add a sixth unit to my team...