Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

The good part of Tier 21 is that you don't have to play it to reach higher ranks... you only need to play it to keep the Tier 21. If you get more lift than you lose, that's enough.

Oh yeah, I'm aware.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

First three matches of AR ever didn’t go too bad. For some reason people are using dragon defense teams in Astra though.

Now, with Naga and her Dragon Fang skill, the good dragon units that should be in defensive teams during Astra/Anima seasons are Duma, because he reduce the lift lost from defensive matches, and Garon, because with his weapon he can nullify "effective against dragons" damage.

59 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Now, with Naga and her Dragon Fang skill, the good dragon units that should be in defensive teams during Astra/Anima seasons are Duma, because he reduce the lift lost from defensive matches, and Garon, because with his weapon he can nullify "effective against dragons" damage.

Garon is really interesting. Red isn’t a good defensive color with how common blue units are in AR, but the dude himself has good mixed bulk and is easily merged.

Duma on the other hand is awful. I have him on my defense team for lowering lift loss, since I can’t make a competent defense yet. He’s definitely going once I can though.

Edited by MrSmokestack

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Garon is really interesting. Red isn’t a good defensive color with how common blue units are in AR, but the dude himself has good mixed bulk and is easily merged.

Duma on the other hand is awful. I have him on my defense team for lowering lift loss, since I can’t make a competent defense yet. He’s definitely going once I can though.

Duma will probably be replaced by the next Anima Mythic Hero. If IntSys is mart enought, they will do Anima Mythic next banner.

Seems like my AR defense team has gotten pretty vicious this season! 3 wins so far this season - 2 of which counted since it's only day 2 of this season and they're both team wipes! One of the team wipes has my Summer Cordelia go all the way to the enemy spawn area!

The other win is from the player surrendering because of not using the bonus building (actually giving my team 1 level of fort advantage) and not paying attention to my Aversa, which allowed my Brave Lyn to plow through their +1 Fort Def/Res Picnic Flora and their 61 HP Anna like nobody's business on turn 1.

Put Deirdre on my Def team and it seems to be a success. Got 2 def wins this week already and the rest of the battles did well. I guess people have to adjust to make the most of Naga for now. 

1 hour ago, Stroud said:

Put Deirdre on my Def team and it seems to be a success. Got 2 def wins this week already and the rest of the battles did well. I guess people have to adjust to make the most of Naga for now. 

Seeing people put up BrideFjorm against my Infantry pulse Team, which seems to work abitish. first day i got 2 wins because Alm basicly shot everything down. 2. day 1. loss was -40 lift (they lost 2 units) and 2. loss was 4 enemys defeated. Yeah Ima stick with this Team even with Fjorm, they will almost allways loose 1 unit at least or so

and yes I am an evil bitch for putting up such a Team but IS designed AR to be this shithole it is...

I knew an all melee team consisting of the flying dragons + LH!Azura wouldn't be that good but I didn't expect it to be this bad or I just suck at this mode; Lost both matches yesterday and only survived with 2 units today. 

Swapped out SA!Tiki for SA!Tana so I have a ranged unit other than LH!Azura. Remainder of the team remains to be FH!Robin, Naga, and Myrrh.  

Jamke is but a humble farmer, tending to his aether pots. And shooting anyone in his way.

I've been having some trouble reaching the aether pots. Sometimes he's too good at Vantage sweeping and cleans up the defense team before I can grab it.

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

Seeing people put up BrideFjorm against my Infantry pulse Team, which seems to work abitish. first day i got 2 wins because Alm basicly shot everything down. 2. day 1. loss was -40 lift (they lost 2 units) and 2. loss was 4 enemys defeated. Yeah Ima stick with this Team even with Fjorm, they will almost allways loose 1 unit at least or so

and yes I am an evil bitch for putting up such a Team but IS designed AR to be this shithole it is...

Wow, Alm is a good choice yeah, always loved him as a Dragon check. 

Yeah, they are kind of asking for it. And this could go on for 8 months depending on which order the next Mythic heroes will be released. Unless we get other units which may help in offensive mode. Dragons have it not easy these days. Almost could imagine a Mythic Dragon with immunity against Falchions etc.

7 hours ago, Stroud said:

Wow, Alm is a good choice yeah, always loved him as a Dragon check. 

Yeah, they are kind of asking for it. And this could go on for 8 months depending on which order the next Mythic heroes will be released. Unless we get other units which may help in offensive mode. Dragons have it not easy these days. Almost could imagine a Mythic Dragon with immunity against Falchions etc.

I am talking about legendary Alm! Next week he even is a bonus. oh boy lol

Next week will ne a nightmare lulz. Alms everywhere!

Edited by Hilda

Only just realised why I'm getting beaten up so badly is that I'm being pitted against level 5 forts with my puny level 2 fort. That's, uh, +12 to every stat for them. On the plus side, that means I might find this mode more palatable in future. On the downside, it means I'll just have to lie low and quietly collect Aether Stones for months before I even get there. Oh well, until then I'll just quietly do the 5 battles a week.

4 hours ago, Hilda said:

I am talking about legendary Alm! Next week he even is a bonus. oh boy lol

Next week will ne a nightmare lulz. Alms everywhere!

Damnit xD I shortly thought about which Alm, but the nature of AR should have said it.

Alms everywhere , I guess I also prepare my Lalm for battle. A long time there have been complains about the missing bow Alm, and now we cannot escape him. How do they say? Be careful what you wish for.

Oh, I did very poorly today...

I mean, I got a 120 Lift match today, but then I used my last ladder in the 2nd match and for the 3rd one I got a Firesweep Team, with Firesweep Brave Lyn, Firesweep Legendary Ephraim, Firesweep Legendary Eirika, Brave Veronica, and 2 dances (Flying Olivia and Legendary Azura).

I suck at life.

I passed out last night before I did my Aether Raids runs and lost 55 Aether due to the capping out from the regen.

I decided it was time to bling out Winter Fae and gave her Distant Def 4 and Lightning Breath+, but forgot to refine Lightning Breath+ and switch her blessing to Astra. (Since you get 1 of each blessing every 2 weeks, there are enough blessings to switch 1 unit back and forth if you never need to bless anything else.)

I forgot that Dark Tiki runs at you very fast when she's alone and accidentally moved Naga into her attack range and got her killed.

And then I misclicked when attacking with Naga and got her killed on a Close Counter Veronica. I meant to move her around Veronica to get more buffs, but accidentally double tapped Veronica.

Yay. That's 80 Lift and 55 Aether that I needlessly missed out on today.

I suck at life.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I've found that with no ranged units, I've been missing a lot more Aether pots.  I missed all 4 from my 2 matches yesterday and missed at least 2 or so Tuesday as well.

Turns out FY!Tiki isn't as good at tanking the usual onslaught of mages.

Luckily, I had dew on hand and immediately gave it to Faye. The first match I fielded her in had only Aversa, but Faye survived a Brave/Bold H!Jakob dropping an Ignis on her. FY!Tiki then handled BK and Idunn. Positioning almost cost me the match, but my Naga was damaged enough to trigger L!Azura's Wings of Mercy to finish Winter Eirika.

6 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Only just realised why I'm getting beaten up so badly is that I'm being pitted against level 5 forts with my puny level 2 fort. That's, uh, +12 to every stat for them. On the plus side, that means I might find this mode more palatable in future. On the downside, it means I'll just have to lie low and quietly collect Aether Stones for months before I even get there. Oh well, until then I'll just quietly do the 5 battles a week.

Oh yeah, climbing after folks had a chance to up their defense forts has got to be painful. It would be nice if the matchmaker also tried to take into account lifetime earned stones so that newer folks trying to climb(or folks who just waited before joining the mode like you) would face off against folks with similar fort levels to them rather than those who have maxed everything out due to playing it since the start. Of course there may not be a big enough pool of folks at the various stone earned levels at each tier to actually make such a thing feasible. But that doesn't change the fact that climbing against maxed out defense forts when you don't have the resources to max your offense  could easily drive folks away from the mode.

How the fucking hell does a Yune double and kill my Bunny Palla? Yune is slow, low Def, and green while Palla is extremely fast, high Res, and a red dagger unit. This Yune went onto kill mine the next turn too. Complete bullshit.

In fact, this whole enemy team felt unfair because they all one-rounded any of my units easily and I didn't kill a single one of them. My fortress is a high level too. Was this an actual real cheater? If so, they need their ass banned.

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

How the fucking hell does a Yune double and kill my Bunny Palla? Yune is slow, low Def, and green while Palla is extremely fast, high Res, and a red dagger unit. This Yune went onto kill mine the next turn too.

Yune gains +6 atk and a follow-up attack if your unit is debuffed, so she packed quite a punch against units that don't have a truckload of res. She's also a bonus unit right now, so her bulk is high enough to survive a lot of physical attacks she wouldn't normally live.

1 minute ago, Azuni said:

Yune gains +6 atk and a follow-up attack if your unit is debuffed, so she packed quite a punch against units that don't have a truckload of res. She's also a bonus unit right now, so her bulk is high enough to survive a lot of physical attacks she wouldn't normally live.

Palla wasn't debuffed though, and she has a truckload of Res. And Yune still has very low Def and is green while Palla is red no matter what. Also doesn't explain why my own Yune died. If that Yune was buffed up from being a bonus unit, mine should have been too.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Azuni said:

This is why you always check your stats and skills, kids.

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

This is why you always check your stats and skills, kids.

I did, thank you very much. And I'm not a fucking kid. Please don't call me one.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Was this an actual real cheater? If so, they need their ass banned.

You can't cheat with stats in this game. Stats are fully deterministic (meaning they can be calculated on the fly on your phone instead of being stored on the server where they can potentially be hacked), and the server will automatically remove skills from units that the unit cannot legally learn.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Palla wasn't debuffed though.

I find that hard to believe. Are you certain you didn't get hit by a Chill, Ploy, Chaos Named, dagger AoE, Smoke, or an enemy structure or trap? There are a lot of sources of debuffs in Aether Raids, and I find it very hard to believe that you didn't get hit by one of them.