Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

Ending this season with 12760 lift, which should be enough to get my tenth golden throne. This was a weird season, because having both Bride Fjorm and Naga as bonus units was amazing, but facing Legendary Alm with bonus stats was terrible. 

Next week's doesn't look good for me in terms of bonuses, I only have Gunnthrá properly built, but I guess I could do something with Groom Marth or Cynthia if I need to.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Tree said:

I've gotten some use out of an upgraded Bolt Tower (although it can put enemies into Vantage range so be careful). The Healing Tower wasn't that useful for me though. I'd personally just bring an offensive healer like Veronica or a singing healer like Leanne or Reyson. In light season, you also have the healing from one or two Eirs. We do get a few hundred stones per week, so it's easy to save up again. Upgrade whatever works best for you.

Healing tower helps me because I often end up with my team taking a lot of damage from traps and whatnot. Not as often as I had before I got Bunny Palla and her Disarm Trap skill, though. And now I have Summer Gunnthra who also comes with that savior skill. I gave her an Astra blessing so I can use her in Astra season while Bunny Palla can go with Eir in Light season (though Palla has a Water blessing, not Light).

Edited by Anacybele

3 hours ago, Landmaster said:

T21 GET!

Nice! Congratulations! You can finally chill now in Tier 21. As long as you use up all your Aether, you will most likely be able to get into Tier 22 anyways. I play pretty sloppy right now but I still manage to get into Tier 22 every week even without a bonus unit or Blessings.

I have to say Naga is a fantastic support unit for Defense Teams. She shuts down any Dragon supertank by providing her buff to allies. Couple that with an Armor+Horse (Micaiah) effectiv unit and the only supertanks left are flyers and Infantry.

This week everyone will be on equal footing because the Fortresses have lvl 5 on offense and defense, i really doubt supertanking will work good enough in the future and galeforce will be the way to go.

15 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I have to say Naga is a fantastic support unit for Defense Teams. She shuts down any Dragon supertank by providing her buff to allies. Couple that with an Armor+Horse (Micaiah) effectiv unit and the only supertanks left are flyers and Infantry.

This week everyone will be on equal footing because the Fortresses have lvl 5 on offense and defense, i really doubt supertanking will work good enough in the future and galeforce will be the way to go.

I haven't had any trouble yet with just sending Fae to clobber everything in her way. All I really need is a second Kaden to put on my Astra team and then I'm set.

3 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Awesome, congratulations! Glad to hear it all worked out!

Thank you again!!

59 minutes ago, XRay said:

Nice! Congratulations! You can finally chill now in Tier 21. As long as you use up all your Aether, you will most likely be able to get into Tier 22 anyways. I play pretty sloppy right now but I still manage to get into Tier 22 every week even without a bonus unit or Blessings.

Thanks! What teams do you usually run? You could probably reach much higher I'd imagine~

52 minutes ago, Maaka said:

Congrats Landy!! Glad to see best grandson did well for you!

Thank you, best grandson delivered!

11 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Thanks! What teams do you usually run? You could probably reach much higher I'd imagine~

BH!Lyn, Cordelia, Laevatein, VS!Azura, and Olivia form my main team.

I have another team which is the same as above, but replace Cordelia and VS!Azura with NS!F!Corrin with Blárblade and HNY!Azura. I do not use it very often as it is mostly just used for quickly killing armor teams that are holed up in a corner, but those teams do not appear very often for me anymore.

Sharena, 2 M!Corrins, and 2 Eirs form my super tank team, although I only use it during Sharena's bonus week since other wise she would not have the stats to be a super tank effectively.

Edited by XRay

Looks like it's Wind season this week, so I'll be able to use her as my bonus unit again thankfully.

With the end of Blessed Gardens being at thing, I've pretty much stopped giving any of my units Blessings and just doing it if I need a bonus unit on Astra or Light week.

Finally managed to get Fortress rank 3 so I don't get crushed by overwhelming enemy stat bonuses anymore. That means I ranked ...about 99,000th. That's tier 16 which is the last increase in Dragonflower reward until tier 21. Good enough for me, I'll keep doing just enough to get these 32 Dragonflowers a week as the prospect of adding 2-10 more grails a week on top of that holds no real appeal to me.

Gotta say the mode has more active participants than I thought given that when I apply similarly minimal effort to other game modes I can usually net about rank 20000, like in TTs and AAs and whatnot.

2 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Gotta say the mode has more active participants than I thought given that when I apply similarly minimal effort to other game modes I can usually net about rank 20000, like in TTs and AAs and whatnot.

Being the primary method to obtain Grails helps with participation. Grails are basically Orbs 2.0, so they are pretty important in that regard.

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

Being the primary method to obtain Grails helps with participation. Grails are basically Orbs 2.0, so they are pretty important in that regard.

Grails are only really useful in conjunction with feathers though, whereas orbs can stand on their own. Sure, trying to max out grail income right now will help in the long term, but it's hard to get motivated when there's no immediate payoff.

From a personal perspective, I'm probably still 3-4 characters away from even beginning my first grail +10 project as I have a few regular summonable units in the queue who take precedence. Will finish up my Oscar who is at +7, and the next candidate will basically be from a selection of Ares, a cavalry healer (probably Nanna), a lance flier, and any sort of grey archer (or dagger at a push, but unlikely). The only way I see a grail unit jumping the queue is if they add a flier mage who I can stand looking at. Shame Naesala isn't interchangeable with a lance flier in a standard team but eh.

55 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Why is Duma a bonus unit when it's not even anima season? 

The bonus rotations always last for 2 weeks and have dedicated slots for Legendaries and Mythics. The natural consequence of that is Mythics are guaranteed to be out of season for half of their bonus time and legendaries are a crapshoot.

Edited by colossus86
Grammar

First two matches in T21 weren't that hard, I've noticed that all the tryhard teams are in T20 and T21 is not all that cancerous in comparison I guess until you get up to T24~ Though, my Def Team is now at risk for all these whales with B!Fjorm (already lost two Defenses because of her)~ But no biggie, not all that interested in Fjorm proofing my Defense~

12 hours ago, daisy jane said:

I got a THING!

image0.png?width=259&height=461

Goodness! I was so surprised. I never look at where i am, i just play to ensure i don't ever drop to tier 20. I didn't realise i did well enough to earn a Throne. I finally earned an accomplishment!!

Yaaaayy congrats!!

37 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Why is Duma a bonus unit when it's not even anima season? 

It will be next week~ Bonuses are two weeks, Seasons are one week~ 

5 hours ago, Hilda said:

the field is equal. lvl 5 offense fortress vs lvl 5 defense fortress!! My Defense Team just obliterated the offensiv Teams today. No more bonus for your supertanks honey!

Bizzarely, despite upgrading my Def Fortress to 5 last week, while I was consistently beating most teams, I had a few losses... to players with level 4 Fortresses. Well, I guess it's not that bizarre when they're using Bridal Fjorm. I wouldn't mind if my luck with the timing of Def matches always seems to screw me over, with my wins always in the 20 hour safety window and losses right after.

59 minutes ago, Johann said:

Bizzarely, despite upgrading my Def Fortress to 5 last week, while I was consistently beating most teams, I had a few losses... to players with level 4 Fortresses. Well, I guess it's not that bizarre when they're using Bridal Fjorm. I wouldn't mind if my luck with the timing of Def matches always seems to screw me over, with my wins always in the 20 hour safety window and losses right after.

I dont have a Dancer in my Defense Team. but i have Bride Fjorm with Guidance buff.
Defense Team setup currently:

Hrid
Brave Ike
Bride Fjorm
Gunnthra
Yune
Legendary Alm

Fjorm and Yune cover together 4 of the 6 rows with their debuffs (Fjorm with no assist and Yune with her C-Slot skill) which only leaves the most outer row on the left and most outer row on the right free. otherwise you are getting hit by a debuff. Fjorm also runs Sudden panic and Yune runs Sabotage Res. Which means units cant be adjacent. on top of that my 2 debuff buildings are up in the corner and Hrid and Gunnthra run their B-Slot skills. So far every enemy unit has allways been hit by some form of debuff, which means that Hrid allways got to double! (unless null-follow up) and Gunnthra allways got to hit like a truck. Fun Fact, Alm hasnt killed one single enemy unit so far.

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

I dont have a Dancer in my Defense Team. but i have Bride Fjorm with Guidance buff.
Defense Team setup currently:

Hrid
Brave Ike
Bride Fjorm
Gunnthra
Yune
Legendary Alm

Fjorm and Yune cover together 4 of the 6 rows with their debuffs (Fjorm with no assist and Yune with her C-Slot skill) which only leaves the most outer row on the left and most outer row on the right free. otherwise you are getting hit by a debuff. Fjorm also runs Sudden panic and Yune runs Sabotage Res. Which means units cant be adjacent. on top of that my 2 debuff buildings are up in the corner and Hrid and Gunnthra run their B-Slot skills. So far every enemy unit has allways been hit by some form of debuff, which means that Hrid allways got to double! (unless null-follow up) and Gunnthra allways got to hit like a truck. Fun Fact, Alm hasnt killed one single enemy unit so far.

I don't have Yune or Bridal Fjorm myself, so I must resort to trickery with Restore and Rally. I have considered Watersweep Galeforce Tibarn on a team with two Yunes though, should my luck ever go that way.

I've been meaning to ask you for your friend code so I can see how you're progressing but I keep forgetting. Now I especially want it to see your map designs, got any space on your list?

Oh my fucking god, why the fuck am I having WAY more deaths even after I finally upgraded my offensive fortress to the max? I should be having fewer deaths and more deathless wins, not be doing even fucking worse than usual. This makes zero sense. Though AR is a stupid unfair mode anyway...

Edited by Anacybele

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Oh my fucking god, why the fuck am I having WAY more deaths even after I finally upgraded my offensive fortress to the max? I should be having fewer deaths and more deathless wins, not be doing even fucking worse than usual. This makes zero sense. Though AR is a stupid unfair mode anyway...

Did you remember to place the Infantry school for Offense?  Placing the bonus structure gives a +1 bonus to your fortress.  I forget to change it at the beginning of the week sometimes.

I got off to a decent start this week with zero deaths, I think.  I had to use one ladder, but considering I got max score for my 5 matches, I'm not too mad.  I did miss 3 pots, though, so I missed out on the last match I would have gotten from a perfect run.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Did you remember to place the Infantry school for Offense?  Placing the bonus structure gives a +1 bonus to your fortress.  I forget to change it at the beginning of the week sometimes.

Yeah, I did that too.

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

The Fortress itself is not going to make it any easier to not die if you're having the same problems you were having before. It's still very possible for a Lv5 Offense to lose to a Lv3 Defense if you're not paying attention or not prepared~

6 hours ago, Johann said:

I don't have Yune or Bridal Fjorm myself, so I must resort to trickery with Restore and Rally. I have considered Watersweep Galeforce Tibarn on a team with two Yunes though, should my luck ever go that way.

I've been meaning to ask you for your friend code so I can see how you're progressing but I keep forgetting. Now I especially want it to see your map designs, got any space on your list?

Sure thing

Here is my ID: 0320249024