Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Did you remember to place the Infantry school for Offense?  Placing the bonus structure gives a +1 bonus to your fortress.  I forget to change it at the beginning of the week sometimes.

I got off to a decent start this week with zero deaths, I think.  I had to use one ladder, but considering I got max score for my 5 matches, I'm not too mad.  I did miss 3 pots, though, so I missed out on the last match I would have gotten from a perfect run.

Or you can be like me and be a blind monkey. I was awake when the season closed, switched my bonus structures before the light season started, and was very confused when i lost my first two defenses. 

Turns out I placed the armor schools instead of infantry. Both losses would have been wins with the extra level to even the playingfield. 

I was so confused since my light team usually wins almost all matches. I am just an idiot for thinking it was Armor school bonus.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Landmaster said:

The Fortress itself is not going to make it any easier to not die if you're having the same problems you were having before. It's still very possible for a Lv5 Offense to lose to a Lv3 Defense if you're not paying attention or not prepared~

I definitely prepared, I'm not stupid.

@Anacybele What are the fortress levels you are facing? I remember when I first went up to O5 I was expecting it to be easier, but in the end it made no difference. But this was because all the people I was being matched up against had an additional level in their Defense Fortress from the week previous. So I was expecting to be hitting O3, but was facing O4 instead. I guess these days it would be expecting D4's, but suddenly seeing a lot of D5's. So yeah, just curious if your foe's defense level went up the same time you upped your offense level. Sucks when that happens, and I overlooked it for a couple days when it happened to me. Or rather I saw the fortress levels, but it didn't register that the higher defense levels I was seeing were the reason I wasn't feeling any advantage from my higher offense levels.

Edited by Usana

29 minutes ago, Usana said:

@Anacybele What are the fortress levels you are facing? I remember when I first went up to O5 I was expecting it to be easier, but in the end it made no difference. But this was because all the people I was being matched up against had an additional level in their Defense Fortress from the week previous. So I was expecting to be hitting O3, but was facing O4 instead. I guess these days it would be expecting D4's, but suddenly seeing a lot of D5's. So yeah, just curious if your foe's defense level went up the same time you upped your offense level. Sucks when that happens, and I overlooked it for a couple days when it happened to me. Or rather I saw the fortress levels, but it didn't register that the higher defense levels I was seeing were the reason I wasn't feeling any advantage from my higher offense levels.

Hmm. I didn't think to look, tbh... I'll try remembering to do so next time.

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I definitely prepared, I'm not stupid.

No one said you were stupid, I said it's easy to overlook something that you thought you could handle but you end up missing something. It can happen to anyone~

31 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

No one said you were stupid, I said it's easy to overlook something that you thought you could handle but you end up missing something. It can happen to anyone~

Oh, yeah, that's true. I didn't mean anyone said I was stupid though.

4 hours ago, Landmaster said:

*Raises hand* I forget to change my bonus builds  every week. one season i went without it being changed period. this was after someone told me to change it. lol

9 hours ago, Hilda said:

@JohannGot your request and accepted it

Awesome! Got to try out your defense map, that's a pretty powerful line up. I can see why most people would not get through that safely, if at all. What I especially like is that you don't use any tricks or traps, just an overwhelmingly strong team that doesn't mess around.

16 minutes ago, Johann said:

Awesome! Got to try out your defense map, that's a pretty powerful line up. I can see why most people would not get through that safely, if at all. What I especially like is that you don't use any tricks or traps, just an overwhelmingly strong team that doesn't mess around.

Idunn and Vantage setups with Red units utterly destroy that map though.

Just now, Hilda said:

Idunn and Vantage setups with Red units utterly destroy that map though.

Playing with it, my Hrid did fine enough baiting Gunnthra, Yune, and your Hrid, and for the rest there was enough space to control their approach, but it's something of a close call since your Hrid doesn't mess around. The AR skill made it way harder to tank, but the lack of DC made it easy to finish him off with Eir. Alm's pretty dangerous too, I imagine a lot of people don't anticipate Ground Orders.

8 minutes ago, Johann said:

Playing with it, my Hrid did fine enough baiting Gunnthra, Yune, and your Hrid, and for the rest there was enough space to control their approach, but it's something of a close call since your Hrid doesn't mess around. The AR skill made it way harder to tank, but the lack of DC made it easy to finish him off with Eir. Alm's pretty dangerous too, I imagine a lot of people don't anticipate Ground Orders.

PS: l am running gunnthra purely because she is a bonus unit. Last week Naga was in place for Gunnthra and Sonya was in place for Yune. Naga Granting Fjorm Hrid and Sonya Dragon killer and Sonya was running instant Luna charged up 😉 with Wings of Mercy.

Yeah Ground Orders especially messes up people when they try to bait from the left side, I had one instant where somone attacked Brave Ike and retreated to trigger the fight ----> Hrid moved to the left below Alm and Alm then Ground order warped his way over to instantly kill one unit.

Also the AR skill on Hrid kinda forces the enemy to go for the buildings and loose turns. Thats the whole point of the skill for me.

Edited by Hilda

3 minutes ago, Hilda said:

PS: l am running gunnthra purely because she is a bonus unit. Last week Naga was in place for Gunnthra and Sonya was in place for Yune. Naga Granting Fjorm Hrid and Sonya Dragon killer and Sonya was running instant Luna charged up 😉 with Wings of Mercy.

Yeah Ground Orders especially messes up people when they try to bait from the left side, I had one instant where somone attacked Brave Ike and retreated to trigger the fight ----> Hrid moved to the left below Alm and Alm then Ground order warped his way over to instantly kill one unit.

Also the AR skill on Hrid kinda forces the enemy to go for the buildings and loose turns. Thats the whole point of the skill for me.

Kinda surprised you don't just slap a dancer or blue unit in there instead of Gunnthra, might get a bit more mileage from them. Then again, I suppose the extra Chill effects are a big deal for Yune and Hrid.

I think AR skills are underrated for Defense, there have been quite a few Floras that made me have to stop and think my approach more carefully. I've always been a big Catapult fan though, so it's rarely at full power.

37 minutes ago, Hilda said:

PS: l am running gunnthra purely because she is a bonus unit.

Why? Bonus units don't give points on defense in Aether Raids. All they do is get extra stats.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Why? Bonus units don't give points on defense in Aether Raids. All they do is get extra stats.

because of the extra stats and to change the defense routine a bit. Also because Gunnthra is Wind legendary for reduction points form Yune.

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

No, they lower the amount of lift you lose in a defensive loss too.

44 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Blessed units add lift for offense and reduce lift loss for defense. In season legendaries are treated as blessed units (for offense or defense).

Bonus units give stats for both offense and defense, but only give extra lift for offense. The lift on offense does stack, so a blessed bonus unit will give both the blessed and bonus lift.

57 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No, only Dark and Anima blessings (and Legendaries matching the current season) do that and only if you have the matching Mythic on the defense team.

Bonus units don't provide an additional reduction in Lift loss beyond what you'd normally get if they were blessed (or a matching Legendary). I made a team of 3 Gunnthras, 2 Dumas, and Alfonse (all 6 are bonus units this week, and Duma is off season) and the game tells me my base Lift loss is still 80.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

No, only Dark and Anima blessings (and Legendaries matching the current season) do that and only if you have the matching Mythic on the defense team.

Bonus units don't provide an additional reduction in Lift loss beyond what you'd normally get if they were blessed (or a matching Legendary). I made a team of 3 Gunnthras, 2 Dumas, and Alfonse (all 6 are bonus units this week, and Duma is off season) and the game tells me my base Lift loss is still 80.

Yeah, I guess I should have specified that the mythics have to be in season as well, but that mechanic has been in place since legendaries were introduced.

13 minutes ago, Tree said:

Blessed units add lift for offense and reduce lift loss for defense. In season legendaries are treated as blessed units (for offense or defense).

Bonus units give stats for both offense and defense, but only give extra lift for offense. The lift on offense does stack, so a blessed bonus unit will give both the blessed and bonus lift.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Except every time I add a bonus unit to my defense team, my lift loss goes down. I added Gunnthra to it this week and it dropped.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Except every time I add a bonus unit to my defense team, my lift loss goes down. I added Gunnthra to it this week and it dropped.

Do you also have Yune on your defense team?

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Gunnthra is an in-season legendary unit. (She is also a bonus unit, but that is not relevant.) Do you have Yune on your defense team?

[edit] Ice Dragon beat me to it.

Edited by Tree

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Do you also have Yune on your defense team?

Yes. But both her and Gunnthra helped drop the lift loss.

1 minute ago, Tree said:

Gunnthra is an in-season legendary unit. (She is also a bonus unit, but that is not relevant.) Do you have Yune on your defense team?

Read above.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yes. But both her and Gunnthra helped drop the lift loss.

That's because Yune is this season's Mythic and the current season is Wind/Earth. This means that all Wind and Earth Legendary Heroes count as if they have all Mythic blessings. The Lift loss you're seeing from Gunnthra is from the blessing and not from being a bonus unit.

Try adding Alfonse instead of Gunnthra and you'll see the difference.

Edited by Ice Dragon