Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yes. But both her and Gunnthra helped drop the lift loss.

Right, because it is both dark and wind season at the same time. This means that Yune treats Gunnthra as if she had a dark blessing. They changed this awhile back. Without this, legendary units could never be used well in Aether Raids because they cannot receive mythic blessings (or any blessings for that matter)

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Tree said:

Right, because it is both dark and wind season at the same time. This means that Yune treats Gunnthra as if she had a dark blessing. They changed this awhile back. Without this, legendary units could never be used well in Aether Raids because they cannot receive mythic blessings (or any blessings for that matter)

Oh, I see. Then...bonus units only drop lift if they have the correct blessings?

@Anacybele Also, mythic units are treated like blessed units when paired with a legendary unit outside of Aether Raids (assuming all seasons match correctly). This means you can use Gunnthra to give blessed stats to Yune in Arena and all other modes (except Aether Raids).

Just now, Tree said:

@Anacybele Also, mythic units are treated like blessed units when paired with a legendary unit outside of Aether Raids (assuming all seasons match correctly). This means you can use Gunnthra to give blessed stats to Yune in Arena and all other modes (except Aether Raids).

Oh, that's cool to know, thanks!

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, I see. Then...bonus units only drop lift if they have the correct blessings?

Any unit reduces Lift loss if they have the correct blessings. Being a bonus unit doesn't change affect mechanic.

The only thing that's special about bonus units on defense is that they receive extra stats for being a bonus unit (+10 HP, +4 to all other stats) (and this can stack with the usual blessing stat bonuses).

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Any unit reduces Lift loss if they have the correct blessings. Being a bonus unit doesn't change affect mechanic. 

The only thing that's special about bonus units on defense is that they receive extra stats for being a bonus unit (+10 HP, +4 to all other stats) (and this can stack with the usual blessing stat bonuses).

Oh, I see now. Well, that's a bit of a letdown, but yeah.

The next update seems to be adding Defense rewards in the form of Dragonflowers, and extra details to the defense history like when the battle occured. The extra details are nice, but I'm not sure I like how they are handling the rewards; You get rewards based on the three worst failed defenses of the week, so it seems it still won't matter if you get a lot of successful defenses. If three of your weekly defenses are complete losses, you get the worst defense reward possible...

EDIT: Reading it once again, it seems it calculates based on actual lift lost, which means if the complete defense loss is during your 20 hour grace period it won't be counted. Still means it will involve a lot of luck regarding what defense matches occur when, and that all successful defenses occuring within the grace period are still just as pointless as a complete loss, which is annoying since we are talking about a more valuable reward like Dragonflowers.

Edited by BoaFerox

@BoaFerox Ya know if we were going to get defense rewards I rather wish it was an average. So it would be your total lift lost/(number of matches that caused lift loss + 3). As it stands everyweek I'll likely land wherever 3x max lost lift is since I almost always get 3 full breaks each week).

Outside of building a really strong defense team (which I think increasingly few people really care about), the main purpose of the defense rewards seems to be to incentivize dark/anima heroes. I think that's nice to have, and it makes me glad I just completed a full mythic set yesterday.

@Usana Yeah, I often have a good amount of successful defenses in a week myself, but then the defenses that count are the complete losses so none of the good defenses I had mattered. I guess no matter what this means we'll get more Dragonflowers than before, it's just slightly infuriating that it doesn't necessarily reward you when you do well.

But it really increases the value of the defensive mythics which is understandable that they want to do. I have none of the defensive mythics myself, but their usefulness was really disproportionally small compared to the offensive ones so now I'll at least be more interested in getting one in the future.

For my final battle of this season, I go up against...a lone Bartre? lol what. XD

Came within 240 lift of tier 20 this time. Man, if only I had gotten two more perfect wins of 120 lift...

Edited by Anacybele

Ended up in T23 for my first T21 Season~ I could have played better but Light Seasons are pretty much bye weeks for me~ I'll actually put effort in this coming week~

Def Team got 3 Successes even without me revamping anything for the T21 meta, though I likely will in the future when I get more of the units I need~

For the most fleeting of moments, I was rank #83 when I finished my runs last night (currently #416 and falling). I sold my soul to Hel to get three success defenses, though (2x L!Azura, 2x L!Alm, NY!Laeg with Lunge and Savage Blow 6 Pain+ Priscilla), then when that stopped working, a timely double Yune pull let me stem the bleeding by having my final loss be, just -20, for a crazy low total of only 240 Lift lost this week.

Gunnthra on the same team as Eir gets a bit gross, since it's not too difficult to stack +30 damage in debuffs with default kits.

nVnGf6Yl.png

This is the closest I've ever gotten to tier 27, I baaarely messed up on my final match and lost one unit which made me miss it by 20 points... I never expected this would be my best week yet, as the bonus units were not looking good at first glance, but Gunnthrá and Aversa (and Eir of course) turned out to be a better combo than expected. I also got really lucky, only losing 60 points on defense. I wouldn't consider this my most successful week in terms of actual defense wins, but all the worst losses just happended to fall within the 20 hours after a success. I was lucky on offense too, coming across one free win with level 1 units and several teams without dancers and level 5 forts.

It will probably be a long time until I'm this lucky again. Kind of frustrated that I botched my best chance at reaching tier 27, but still happy I did this well.

EDIT: Checking again, I notice I have one use of my Escape Ladder remaining... Why didn't I surrender that last match then, I could have had another chance...! Oh well, I'll just pretend the next match would have gone even worse. Still makes me feel a bit silly though, I guess I was so focused on that being my final match that I forgot.

Edited by BoaFerox

8 hours ago, Anacybele said:

For my final battle of this season, I go up against...a lone Bartre? lol what. XD

Came within 240 lift of tier 20 this time. Man, if only I had gotten two more perfect wins of 120 lift...

It's always nice when someone puts up a joke team.  They seem to happen less and less nowadays.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

It's always nice when someone puts up a joke team.  They seem to happen less and less nowadays.

Yeah, sometimes I wish I'd find them more for easy wins. lol

Yeah it's sad to see fewer joke teams, even though it's easier than ever now to switch to one (a few clicks to choose it in the Edit menus).
I still do it on most days after I'm in immunity since it gives multiple benefits:

-reduces stress for other people since losses don't hurt you in immunity
-baits people into rematching you while you're in immunity, so they can't hit you when you're vulnerable
-lets you potentially bank more early-season rematches to springboard off of on the final days

This mode continues to make me despise it. One season, I can get to almost Tier 20, and the next I only win 3 matches on the first day, lose all my ladders and have one victory immediately invalidated by a full defense loss. I just hate how this mode requires you to play almost perfectly at all times without a chance to make up for it like arena does. It really isn't my scene and I wouldn't even care if even the lower tiers didn't get progressively worse by the week. 

I won all my battles today! And I never lost more than two units either. That's probably the best I've done in awhile! Also, it's a good thing I'm also trying to build a better defense team this time too, as not only do I still lack Duma to lower my lift loss, but the update is going to add defense rewards.

I built my defense team around legendary Eliwood since his support is crazy. lol So I put three units with the same highest Atk stat so he buffs them all. And Gunnthra and legendary Azura can buff them further while Gunnthra herself gets bonus stats from being a bonus. My defense fortress is only lv. 3 though, so I doubt I'm going to get a ton of defense wins, even with the armor school added as a bonus, but yeah.

Since I've fully upgraded my offensive fortress though, upgrading the defensive one is my next priority.

Edited by Anacybele