Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

47 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That's a weird opinion given how much trouble people had with Eliwood's LHB. A lot of people said it was possibly the hardest one so far. Even a seasoned player like Phoenixmaster said it was plain EVIL. Obviously, a legendary Eliwood based team works well. No idea why you'd think it was bad.

I've tried, but nothing people have suggested here worked for me.

I never said they weren't trying. Nor that I didn't appreciate it. But like I keep saying, their suggestions didn't work.

There are some differences between an abyssal LHB and your ‘defense’ team. You are not running around with inflated stats. You don’t have 80+ hp so Aversa cannot panic you. Your units are relegated to two rows instead of the entire map. You do not have reinforcements. That is what makes a difference between a joke and one of the hardest Legendary Hero Battles.

You have not tried, you have dismissed any attempt of help. Can you say with a straight face that you changed your defense map after all the feedback today? No, so how can you say our suggested changes do not work?

Get off your high horse and admit that you suck. Post your defense map and team and let us help.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I like pie. 

Who doesn’t, really?

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Ok, running blindly into your map, my current to-go offense team gets units killed. I don't have any mythic heroes besides Eir though and certainly no merged bonus unit. 

I have to think if I can find an original approach with my own units. Don't want to sacrifice grails for a flier-ball team. 

I usually run Reinhardt in Gunnthra’s spot, actually. It works pretty well. I was going to say that if your only Mythic is Eir, you might use the Switch Seasons option to try my Light/Dark map...but if your go-to team is what I think it is (Galeforce?), that might not help.

4 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

If people want to exchange friend codes and try to fight my defense to give pointers i would appreciate that! I’d be ore than happy to give feedback on other peoples defenses. =]

Sure, why not. Sent you a request: LordFrigid, Caeda lead.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

That's a weird opinion given how much trouble people had with Eliwood's LHB. A lot of people said it was possibly the hardest one so far. Even a seasoned player like Phoenixmaster said it was plain EVIL. Obviously, a legendary Eliwood based team works well. No idea why you'd think it was bad.

That’s not necessarily true, though. Something that’s disgustingly powerful in one setting is not necessarily disgustingly powerful in all settings. This is especially true of Eliwood; in Aether Raids, there are significantly more viable ways to apply Panic to a large group of units than in Infernal/Abyssal maps, where enemy stats (particularly HP) are inflated.

I see I’ve been ninja’d on this point. Oh well.

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And I said I'd do that when the season is closer to being over, so I can prep for next season.

Also, technically, I never asked for help. But I wasn't going to ignore someone who gave a suggestion.

Even if you are changing your map every season, there’s no harm in taking general map-building tips, in my opinion. If we identify a weakness now, the chance of it being repeated in your next defense map will be much lower.

And yes, there was no explicit request for help. We initiated that because we saw you were frustrated with your defense performance, and wanted to see if there was anything we could do. If you’re not interested, just say so and you’ll never hear a word from me about it again.

Edited by LordFrigid

5 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

There are some differences between an abyssal LHB and your ‘defense’ team. You are not running around with inflated stats. You don’t have 80+ hp so Aversa cannot panic you. Your units are relegated to two rows instead of the entire map. You do not have reinforcements. That is what makes a difference between a joke and one of the hardest Legendary Hero Battles.

You have not tried, you have dismissed any attempt of help. Can you say with a straight face that you changed your defense map after all the feedback today? No, so how can you say our suggested changes do not work?

Get off your high horse and admit that you suck. Post your defense map and team and let us help.

If you think calling me a joke, calling me a liar, saying I suck, and being so rude like this will get me to listen to you, you need to rethink yourself big time.

And I said I tried those suggestions in the past. So no, I didn't try them today. >_>

4 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

That’s not necessarily true, though. Something that’s disgustingly powerful in one setting is not necessarily disgustingly powerful in all settings. This is especially true of Eliwood; in Aether Raids, there are significantly more viable ways to apply Panic to a large group of units than in Infernal/Abyssal maps, where enemy stats (particularly HP) are inflated.

I see I’ve been ninja’d on this point. Oh well.

Well, I think the strategy should work well in just about any mode in this game. It's pretty straightforward.

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And I said I'd do that when the season is closer to being over, so I can prep for next season.

Also, technically, I never asked for help. But I wasn't going to ignore someone who gave a suggestion.

like other have said theirs no harm in taking a look, I think the bonus units will be the same. I assume you have a core team that you use

while you haven't "asked" for help, they way you've posted has kind of implied that's what you were looking for

That's a weird opinion given how much trouble people had with Eliwood's LHB. A lot of people said it was possibly the hardest one so far.

I think Hrid's legendary battle is much more difficult. I still haven't beaten that one yet.

Well, I think the strategy should work well in just about any mode in this game. It's pretty straightforward.

Having a straightforward defence map doesn't make it any harder for attackers to counter it. If anything, it'd make it easier.

Edited by Baldrick

Just fyi, the argument of my post that you quoted is actually that it isn’t straightforward, because Aether Raids enemies and maps are not comparable to Infernal/Abyssal LHB enemies and maps.

However, that discussion doesn’t (necessarily) improve your defense strategies, so there’s no need to pursue it further here, if you don’t want to.

As far as tips for your defense maps, I really am interested in seeing a screenshot of your setup, if you’re willing. I think that even if you frequently change your defense map, providing tips and identifying weaknesses now will give you a better idea of what to keep in mind when you build your next one.

7 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

If people want to exchange friend codes and try to fight my defense to give pointers i would appreciate that! I’d be ore than happy to give feedback on other peoples defenses. =]

I've often tested my new teams against your setup, it is a very good one~ I usually can't get past it but I recently tested it with my planned L!Eliwood team and DC Vantage Keaton (being Bonus Doubled) placed right under the Lava pit can deal with Eir, Aversa, Azura, and Camilla. I had my Nowi deal with Est and Catria. The Hardy Bearing on Aversa is good and I overlooked it but with the Res boost from Eir, Keaton was able to survive~ Perhaps make it a bit easier for Catria or Est to be able to reach a DC Vantage Red unit from that spot?

I do like the placement of the Lightning Trap, I've been dragged back there by Camilla many a time. 

My Anima team is a joke so you're welcome to wait until next Season to test my Dark team, I'm trying a new setup, as well, so I'd like some feedback on how it turns out~

@Anacybele As they said, if you're not going to take anyone's suggestions or show anyone your map, then just say you're not interested in any help. But going on every week about how you keep losing when people are trying to help isn't going to get you anywhere. You can't compare an in-game unit to a stat-inflated LHB map, that's not how it works. Any unit can  be good if you give them 99 HP and reinforcements to back them up, which is not going to be the case in AR, so just because L!Eliwood looks good on paper because of a LHB doesn't mean anything in AR if you're not using him correctly~

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Sure, but one team can't possibly counter ALL of those. And you can only deploy one defense team at a time. If I deployed, say, a team that was anti-panic, people will just switch to a different offensive team that an anti-panic team is vulnerable to, right?  Changing to avoid one threat makes me vulnerable to another, I guess is what I'm saying. It's like I said before, one team can't counter everything.

I guess in the end, getting defense wins just feels like luck, as it does in arena.

I would just focus on tackling one team type at a time, and slowly adjust to cover more offense team types over time.

Since I have invested a shit ton into nukes and Firesweep archers already, I started by setting up my team to shut down Counter-Vantage units with 2 Firesweep archers and 2 Dancers/Singers and make it difficult for regular Player Phase teams to outmaneuver me. Reinhardt and NS!F!Corrin on my team are not really doing anything particularly noteworthy and are just there to scare people with their Wings of Mercy, so my next step would be to replace one of them (most likely NS!F!Corrin) with Seliph once I feel like building him, which can help blunt the impact of Galeforce teams a little and just be a nuisance in general.

I do not have enough resources to set aside for a Pulse team to handle super tanks, so I instead replaced some of my Structures (D) with Light Shrine (D) and Dark Shrine (D) to make super tanks a little less effective.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I would just focus on tackling one team type at a time, and slowly adjust to cover more offense team types over time.

Since I have invested a shit ton into nukes and Firesweep archers already, I started by setting up my team to shut down Counter-Vantage units with 2 Firesweep archers and 2 Dancers/Singers and make it difficult for regular Player Phase teams to outmaneuver me. Reinhardt and NS!F!Corrin on my team are not really doing anything particularly noteworthy and are just there to scare people with their Wings of Mercy, so my next step would be to replace one of them (most likely NS!F!Corrin) with Seliph once I feel like building him, which can help blunt the impact of Galeforce teams a little and just be a nuisance in general.

I do not have enough resources to set aside for a Pulse team to handle super tanks, so I instead replaced some of my Structures (D) with Light Shrine (D) and Dark Shrine (D) to make super tanks a little less effective.

I see. I guess I'll have to see if I can do something like that in the future.

If you think calling me a joke, calling me a liar, saying I suck, and being so rude like this will get me to listen to you, you need to rethink yourself big time.

And I said I tried those suggestions in the past. So no, I didn't try them today. >_>

If your map has had nothing but losses and I know how to beat it easily without even seeing it, it is nothing more tha a joke.

If you just keep saying nothing works and dismissing the advice that other give you without actually trying to properly use it then yes, I call bullshit. You can’t say that all the things we told you don’t work if you have putt in literally 0 effort. These things work for all other people yet you have a magically different game where none of the established strategies work. 

Seeing as you come here every week complaining that the game is not fair and that you keep losing and that you can’t build a functioning defense team. I am not going to beat around the bush and instead just say it. Yeah, in that case you suck. 

So yeah, it might sound rude, but the truth often hurts, and I am just stating cold hard facts here. The only one standing in the way of your progress in this game is YOU.

@LordFrigid thanks, I’ve accepted your request. =]

@Landmaster Happy to hear that you are using my map as a benchmark! I will probably give Cam Flier Formation at some point and I have to fiddle with slot order to change the AI behaviour, I want to merge up a Reyson to replace Azura and I want to build a Yune with spectral Tome, mirror impact and FF so it is far from done. But I will see what I can do! =]

14 hours ago, Tree said:

I think Hrid's legendary battle is much more difficult. I still haven't beaten that one yet.

Celica Cheese! 
(but before i got her, it was very difficult)

@LordFrigid (do you have two + 10 Caedas (I approve). I noticed in your AR Videos that Caeda for Astra is built differently from your Caeda for water. 

This season was an abomination. 
I am hoping that i have enough units to do blessed gardens soon (so i can re-work my blessings, and teams to do AR because this is clearly what the game wants to focus on and i want to get better Right now, a lot of my feathers etc are tied because i do want to work on +10 Caeda (FINALLY) and work on an Aversa/my Serra for Arena/AR) please know, Sal, Frigid and the rest that I do see everything you suggest and while i suck at it - i am slowly getting better

(man. this game really sucked me into caring about AR. lol. when did that happen)

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

(man. this game really sucked me into caring about AR. lol. when did that happen)

Aether Raids is very educational and it broadened my horizons beyond my usual Dance/Sing-Reposition comfort zone.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Aether Raids is very educational and it broadened my horizons beyond my usual Dance/Sing-Reposition comfort zone.

yeuppers. which, appreciated

I think my one big issue is - you can only play certain amount of times. if this was like Arena (with crests) or AA (and you can just play) i think i'd like it more. 

13 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Celica Cheese! 
(but before i got her, it was very difficult)

@LordFrigid (do you have two + 10 Caedas (I approve). I noticed in your AR Videos that Caeda for Astra is built differently from your Caeda for water. 

I am hoping that i have enough units to do blessed gardens soon (so i can re-work my blessings, and teams to do AR because this is clearly what the game wants to focus on and i want to get better Right now, a lot of my feathers etc are tied because i do want to work on +10 Caeda (FINALLY) and work on an Aversa/my Serra for Arena/AR) please know, Sal, Frigid and the rest that I do see everything you suggest and while i suck at it - i am slowly getting better

Hey if you see improvements that is great! I couldn’t have done it by myself either and I still have a lot to learn. I took a break that ended up being a year long around autumn 2017 i think? so i missed out on a lot. I only got my first arena crown during Aversa bonus. So i am missing tons of resources and if I want to gain the most resources possible now I want to invest mostly in useful stuff first. Catria, Est etc. I do have projects on the side, like Titania, but still.

Also, I agree, this werk was torture.

1 minute ago, Vicious Sal said:

Hey if you see improvements that is great! I couldn’t have done it by myself either and I still have a lot to learn. I took a break that ended up being a year long around autumn 2017 i think? so i missed out on a lot. I only got my first arena crown during Aversa bonus. So i am missing tons of resources and if I want to gain the most resources possible now I want to invest mostly in useful stuff first. Catria, Est etc. I do have projects on the side, like Titania, but still.

Also, I agree, this werk was torture.

yeah. like. the first couple of weeks being in tier 21, i was getting some succeses. this changed. I don't know how to fix it. (it doesn't help i don't have a Duma to help some of the lift loss). 
For me - i play because i kinda wanna do the best i can. (like. while i will do Aversa for Arena (panic baby), i'm okay hovering 19 through 20 - the crown would be nice and i can say "ooh i did it." but i still need some +10s to help drive up my score (for AA too).  etc etc. 

i am glad you are back though. 

16 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

I don't let rude people help me, thanks.

Anyway, I still think the best solution is to just give us more ladders/a sixth offensive unit/both and all that rather than expect people to spend a ton of money and resources on SI and merges and shit. A built up team of 5 star units with few to no merges or expensive SI should be suffice enough for anyone to clear any content in this game, and yet it isn't. That's not to say only little effort should be put into building teams. No way, I've put a lot of effort into mine already. But they're still not enough, and that's the issue. There's a line to be drawn between putting in good effort and having to spend your life and money trying to build one really good team for one game mode.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't let rude people help me, thanks.

Anyway, I still think the best solution is to just give us more ladders/a sixth offensive unit/both and all that rather than expect people to spend a ton of money and resources on SI and merges and shit. A built up team of 5 star units with few to no merges or expensive SI should be suffice enough for anyone to clear any content in this game, and yet it isn't. That's not to say only little effort should be put into building teams. No way, I've put a lot of effort into mine already. But they're still not enough, and that's the issue. There's a line to be drawn between putting in good effort and having to spend your life and money trying to build one really good team for one game mode.

I am just going to point out to you. 
that you can do 5 star units with few to no merges and expensive SI. it's just that it will be more difficult. 

You don't have to spend your life and money to build one really good team. I know a lot of people who have built up units that people say won't work, and have great defensive wins. but you have to be willing to think outside the box. sometimes you get lucky and you get some fodder fall into your lap. 

as much as i got hammered this week - and i'm probably gonna be demoted, never once did i think "Gosh i wish i had another ladder, or i had a sixth unit." to make it easier. i was trying to figure out why units were moving that i didn't expect and what not. basically since Bow Alm came out - I've known that I have to really start investing in more galeforce units and be more aggressive (and those units NOT my fliers) because Alm takes out my usual gameplan: Buff Myrrh to the teeth and have her do her thing.  I'm building up some cavs for a quick dazzle pain and what not. 

Sal was being quite blunt, because it really seems we go through this song and dance every month. it might not be with AR but it's with GHB, it's with BHB, it's with LHBs, it's with something and you want it to be easier because you want to do it with the units you like.  and invested in. which i get. and everyone keeps offering help and you tend to really make it hard for people to want to help you. I know people have said to post your map - and i didn't see it (maybe i missed it)., and what units you are using. 

you CAN win with conventional units, but you'll have to invest to make it work. itdoesn't have to be the high end stuff. 

9 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I am just going to point out to you. 
that you can do 5 star units with few to no merges and expensive SI. it's just that it will be more difficult. 

You don't have to spend your life and money to build one really good team. I know a lot of people who have built up units that people say won't work, and have great defensive wins. but you have to be willing to think outside the box. sometimes you get lucky and you get some fodder fall into your lap. 

as much as i got hammered this week - and i'm probably gonna be demoted, never once did i think "Gosh i wish i had another ladder, or i had a sixth unit." to make it easier. i was trying to figure out why units were moving that i didn't expect and what not. basically since Bow Alm came out - I've known that I have to really start investing in more galeforce units and be more aggressive (and those units NOT my fliers) because Alm takes out my usual gameplan: Buff Myrrh to the teeth and have her do her thing.  I'm building up some cavs for a quick dazzle pain and what not. 

Sal was being quite blunt, because it really seems we go through this song and dance every month. it might not be with AR but it's with GHB, it's with BHB, it's with LHBs, it's with something and you want it to be easier because you want to do it with the units you like.  and invested in. which i get. and everyone keeps offering help and you tend to really make it hard for people to want to help you. I know people have said to post your map - and i didn't see it (maybe i missed it)., and what units you are using. 

you CAN win with conventional units, but you'll have to invest to make it work. itdoesn't have to be the high end stuff. 

Other people can do it, sure. But I can't. I've never had the capability of learning more advanced strategies/tactics. I've tried to, but I couldn't wrap my head around it. The clears that, say, Phoenixmaster comes up with? I could never think of those myself, not in a million years. Not blaming anyone else for that, that's my own fault, really. But I can't change this, and I'm certain I'm not the only player with this hindrance, so that's why I suggest improvements to help out those players as well as myself. That way, everyone, even the tactically challenged, so to speak, can do it. Some players may find some content too easy. Heck, even I do at times. But I'd rather find something too easy than too hard.

I'm aware I've made complaints about various modes. I apologize if it seems like I do it too much. I probably should tone it down. I've made my point enough anyway, I think. And maybe I do make it hard for people to help me, but I can't help that when I've tried their ideas and they didn't work or they suggest units or skills I don't have. And those seem to happen a lot.

I said I'd post my map later. Though I'm pretty sure I know what you all are going to do with it. You're going to tell me the setup is terrible because of what you've already said about that legendary Eliwood strat and all. Pretty sure it's just going to get ripped apart. And I'm not sure I'm ready to just do a complete overhaul on anything.

Edited by Anacybele

17 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

This is Ana's Map:

Screenshot-20190706-133516.png The Defensive Fort is Lv 3.

Caineghis, Brave Hector and Legendary Hector have the same Atk stat, so Eliwood can grant Bonus Doubler to everyone. However, any Aversa can inflict Panic on them. Also, Azura doesn't have any buffing skill that can be helpful here. She has Darting Blow, Red Tome Breaker and, for some random reason, she has Hone Fliers, which is useless in thi map. No Sacred Seal on Azura.

Bolt Tower at Lv 3, Bright Shrine at Lv 1, and both in a place that is easy to break. And the Fortress, which everyone uses as a barrier, it's located all back in the map, in a useless spot.

Legendary Hector has Hone Armor, which is kinda useless because he is granting Atk/Spd+6 to Caineghis. The Lion King is already receiving Atk+6 from Eliwood, and he doesn't need Spd. Brave Hector has Res Tactic Seal, so he can grant Res+6 to Eliwood and Azura, which is... ok, I guess... Gunnthrá can be easy baited from the left side.

Caineghis even cannot transform in this map, which make him a easy unit to defeat.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

2 hours ago, daisy jane said:

I always have more trouble on Astra/Anima weeks than I do on Light/Dark weeks. Probably because I can’t just send in Faye and watch.

If you’re only planning on using your Legendary Blessings for Blessed Grounds, you could theoretically just go element by element, switching your units’ blessings as you need to.

AR tends to do that, it’s a fun challenge, imo.

2 hours ago, daisy jane said:

Oh. Yeah. I’m always switching up Caeda’s build to deal with the content I’m using her in, and I didn’t want someone to pick her in AB or something, only to go “wait...what’s with this weird Brave Sword/Galeforce/TA set?” (used that for Barst in Rokkr Sieges). So now they’ll always get that multipurpose Wing Sword/Galeforce/DC set.

@Vicious Sal

I had a chance to try out your defense map. I like it, it definitely gave me more trouble than most other Lava/Flier Balls (and I’ve seen my fair share of them). The Rally element, and all that Flier Formation, are especially effective for setting up the Whitewing weapons. I can’t think of anything that I’d change, off the top of my head.

Definitely not a map I’d want to run into when I’m on auto-pilot.

Edited by LordFrigid

56 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

There's a line to be drawn between putting in good effort and having to spend your life and money trying to build one really good team for one game mode.

That's sort of the way AR turned out for me. I gave some thought about how much I valued the AR rewards, and determined how much effort was worth that value. For me, that turned out to be Tier 21 maintenance using mythics. With two Eirs, you should be able to reach Tier 21 without even defeating a single enemy unit on defense. If you have Yune, then it will be easier still. I'd seriously consider maintaining current tier until you get some more mythics. Sadly, that's just the reality of AR. Either have the relevant mythics or spend lots of time and effort. 🙁

If you decide that AR is worth the time and effort (and it will take a lot of both), then many here can probably work out a defense team that can at least snipe some attacking units. This will save you some points and probably won't require investing very many game resources or time.

I don't play AR defense, but if I did, here's a few ideas based on things that I've seen in other maps.

• Keep the fortress on the bottom half of the map. It will interfere with attackers' positioning if placed lower on a map.
  • Prioritize structure placement. Easy to use buildings would be placed higher and more protected (Shrine). Less useful structures would be placed lower (Armor School).
  • Really would recommend against using armor units in AR for offense or defense (with the exception of Duma). You will need many merges, special skills, and very a high fortress level to effectively use armor units in AR.
  • I'd recommend a defense based on atk/spd units. "Nukes" are not as dependent on high fortress levels and merges. Also, it's not too hard to make a team that can snipe one or two attackers occasionally. The lift savings will be small, but more reliable.
  • Aversa wrecks maps that rely on visible buffs, but not everyone uses her. You can't win every match anyway. It is something to consider though.

8 minutes ago, Tree said:

That's sort of the way AR turned out for me. I gave some thought about how much I valued the AR rewards, and determined how much effort was worth that value. For me, that turned out to be Tier 21 maintenance using mythics. With two Eirs, you should be able to reach Tier 21 without even defeating a single enemy unit on defense. If you have Yune, then it will be easier still. I'd seriously consider maintaining current tier until you get some more mythics. Sadly, that's just the reality of AR. Either have the relevant mythics or spend lots of time and effort. 🙁

If you decide that AR is worth the time and effort (and it will take a lot of both), then many here can probably work out a defense team that can at least snipe some attacking units. This will save you some points and probably won't require investing very many game resources or time.

I don't play AR defense, but if I did, here's a few ideas based on things that I've seen in other maps.

• Keep the fortress on the bottom half of the map. It will interfere with attackers' positioning if placed lower on a map.
  • Prioritize structure placement. Easy to use buildings would be placed higher and more protected (Shrine). Less useful structures would be placed lower (Armor School).
  • Really would recommend against using armor units in AR for offense or defense (with the exception of Duma). You will need many merges, special skills, and very a high fortress level to effectively use armor units in AR.
  • I'd recommend a defense based on atk/spd units. "Nukes" are not as dependent on high fortress levels and merges. Also, it's not too hard to make a team that can snipe one or two attackers occasionally. The lift savings will be small, but more reliable.
  • Aversa wrecks maps that rely on visible buffs, but not everyone uses her. You can't win every match anyway. It is something to consider though.

I see. I don't care about going the highest of the high in AR, but I do care about rewards for potential grail projects and you get dragonflowers too. I always need those.

I don't have two Eirs, unfortunately. I'm hoping the next Light mythic we get will do the same thing as two Eirs would if you deploy them alongside one Eir though. And I do have Yune.

- Now that I think about it, I did notice that the fortress is in the bottom half of the map a lot in teams I face. Good idea.
- True, yeah. Good point there too.
- Really? I figured armors would be good at least on your defense. Offense though, yeah, they're not all that useful.
- I've got some nukes, yeah. Reinhardt comes to mind, of course, as well. And I do plan to merge him up more. I've made him +3 so far, though he's a bit lower priority since I'm so close to finishing Silas.
- I still don't like Aversa at all...mainly due to her design. She's just pure fanservice, nothing more, and I always hate those characters. But I did get her and level her to 40 for some reason awhile back, can't remember if it was for some FTP strat or her GHB rerun or something, but yeah. So I guess I should consider 5 starring her when I rebuild my feather pile (I've only got enough for two 5 star upgrades atm and I want to keep it that way at least until I finish Silas so right when I get those last two, I have the feathers ready).

Thanks, this is the kind of advice I appreciate and can work with.

Edited by Anacybele

@Anacybele

Yeah, when I come across armor defenses, they are often free wins. In the cases where armors are actually hard to fight, it's usually full +10 teams with things like Fallen Tiki, etc. Caineghis is good, but without some investment, he generally won't survive after the rest of the defense is gone. My merged Brave Hector is awesome against the computer in most modes, but he doesn't survive long in AR.

Nuke teams usually give me the most trouble. I can still win most of the time, but I'll often sacrifice a unit (or two) to grant a nicer position to take them out. Never underestimate things like Wings of Mercy, etc. If you have Legendary Azura or Legendary Lucina on defense, you'll almost certainly take out some attackers here and there.

I don't like Aversa either. 😛 (For me, she was only good for dragon flowers and the orb from her GHB rerun quests). I was actually mentioning defending against her Panic skill in AR defense, although she would be useful for AR offense too.

@Anacybele

Regarding your defense map:

• As already mentioned and acknowledged, the Offense Fort is not providing value in its current location. When you pick its new location, try to think about the best way to attack your setup, and place the fort in such a way as to obstruct that path.
  • Armors are fine if you commit to the stall setup (which usually involves a full team of well-merged Ward Armor units), but it's easy to pick them off one-by-one otherwise.
    • For your map specifically, Caineghis is an extra-weak spot because he doesn't transform, and thus won't be able to do anything about a 2-range unit attacking him from below the healing tower.
      • I'm intentionally disregarding the Bolt Trap, because even if it's real, it's very easy to run a test-and-retreat operation and just snipe Caineghis on the next turn. Your structure setup prevents your units from punishing the trap test.
  • Similarly, confining your units to one space is fine if you commit to the stall setup, but otherwise, it greatly restricts how your units can respond when they become aggressive.
    • Particularly, if I had a good, bulky ranged unit stand below the Bolt Tower and break the block just above it, both Gunnthrá and Azura would immediately attack and get themselves KO'd, and the armors and Eliwood are not able to follow up. In fact, that's almost certainly how I would approach this map if I got matched up with it.
    • Honestly, the setups that I find the most difficult to deal with are the ones where the map is mostly open, and the defending units have Player Phase builds (or are refreshers). That might seem counterintuitive, but when a map is more open, there are fewer ways the attacking units can safely initiate, because there are more ways the defending units can punish them when they become aggressive.
      • Obviously you should still run a full 5 defensive buildings, but try to place them in such a way that obstructs your units less. There's no point in trying to prevent the opponent from approaching you entirely, that's just not going to happen.
  • Your C Passive setup could use more synergy. Hone Armor on Hector and Hone Fliers on Azura can be replaced with something more effective. Of course, that's something you should determine after you've completed any building and unit placement changes, because the best options will change based on your unit formation.