Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

4 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yeah... after seeing the replays, Ephraim deserves to have Galeforce.

And yes, my defensive team is pretty original and unique... you should check my new defense team that I created for Dark Season... it's also original and unique. 

So original, much unique 559906136443191336.png.a519c5c671e2eb8c789c488a776689c3.png, Haven't tested that one out yet so hope it works~

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I said I decided to untrap them.

What does your new setup look like?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

What does your new setup look like?

Only thing I changed after posting my map was moving Hrid down one square, putting Gunnthra in the square Hrid originally was in, and moving the healing tower so Hrid and Berkut weren't trapped.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Only thing I changed after posting my map was moving Hrid down one square, putting Gunnthra in the square Hrid originally was in, and moving the healing tower so Hrid and Berkut weren't trapped.

But where is the Healing Tower? The terrain you have has those breakable blocks so if the attacker choses to leave them there, they could still hold them off with the remaining structures by not breaking them to slow they path of them reaching their team after baiting out Yune and Azura

8 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

But where is the Healing Tower? The terrain you have has those breakable blocks so if the attacker choses to leave them there, they could still hold them off with the remaining structures by not breaking them to slow they path of them reaching their team after baiting out Yune and Azura

It's right below Sigrun.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It's right below Sigrun.

I still recommend moving your Defensive Structures to the bottom of the map. Even below Sigurn, now she is trapped and it isn’t easy for her to reach the attackers if they leave your structures unbroken 

4 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I still recommend moving your Defensive Structures to the bottom of the map. Even below Sigurn, now she is trapped and it isn’t easy for her to reach the attackers if they leave your structures unbroken 

Okay, I moved them further down. The Healing Tower, Bolt Tower, and Aether pots and fountain were all moved. Or should I have moved the decor down there instead?

Edited by Anacybele

3 hours ago, BoaFerox said:

Thanks for the tips! I'll keep this in mind when I build my units. I do have an Oscar with a couple of merges that I'm thinking of giving Galeforce to, would he perform similarly to Peri? I'm also thinking of building Peri herself now, since I need more Galeforce units anyways. 

Oscar is rather similar to Peri, but I prefer Peri because of her refine. Oscar's requires you to be near an infantry or cavalry unit and it's only +3 atk/spd to him, but you do get the +3 atk/spd for that ally if they were to wings of mercy in, so it could be useful. Peri's refine is much better though, because you can easily lose at least 1 hp before attacking, either from Duma or a lightning trap/bolt tower and have +4 to all stats. In the end, their stats are pretty similar. Oscar has 1 more speed, but he has a bit more hp, so it may be more difficult to get into wings of mercy range. 

I've been hovering in and around the top echelons since AR dropped, but finally got top 3k last cycle. Which was bizarre, since I dropped my first two matches. Any further time I fail to crack the top 3k is now for the aesthetic preference of an unnumbered gold throne and not because of anything else.

Still tossing up whether or not to get tier 5 defence. Flowers are really nice, and who knows - maybe (though I doubt it) level 6 attack will never come to pass. My setup is basically just a death funnel showcase of cool swaggy units, and its wins at this stage a step down mostly just come from opponents underestimating things or getting unlucky and then Wings of Mercy escalating. Just wish that more defences did something unique to their own barracks, not just parroting the meta...

fuck i love AR

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Okay, I moved them further down. The Healing Tower, Bolt Tower, and Aether pots and fountain were all moved. Or should I have moved the decor down there instead?

I would move the Decor and pot down in the same row as the breakable and non-breakable blocks, leave the Healing Tower close enough to where it can reach your units (like behind them or in that last row) but can't trap them inside

19 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I would move the Decor and pot down in the same row as the breakable and non-breakable blocks, leave the Healing Tower close enough to where it can reach your units (like behind them or in that last row) but can't trap them inside

Hm, okay then. Sounds fine.

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Hm. That sounds good to me. I'll do that. That top part anyway, since I'd have to think about how to put a rally unit in there.

Oh, I also just moved the healing tower over a few spaces so Hrid and Berkut aren't "locked."

Looking much smoother now. For a Rallier thing, there's a lot of ways to do this, so here's what I'd suggest:

• Put Yune where Azura is currently, and given her any Rally (I'd recommend Atk I guess since it'll target Hrid).
  • Put Azura where your Healing Tower is currently.
  • Put Sigrun where Yune is currently
  • Give either Rally Def or Res to either Hrid or Sigrun
  • Healing Tower should be moved south (or replaced with a different structure, see below)

Now, in action, there should be two things that work uniquely about this:

• If your enemy tries to bait Hrid, Yune will fly over and Rally him. Azura will then warp next to Yune and dance her, giving her the full buffs and movement bonus.
  • If your enemy tries to bait Yune, Hrid or Sigrun will run over and Rally her. Azura will then warp next to them and dance them

Literally any Rally works as long as it's not solely a stat their target is already getting buffed with (like Berkut won't ever be the target of Rally Res if his Res Wave is active that turn). The Rally itself isn't the main thing, so don't fret over which one you're using, it's really about getting the teammate to zip over, get danced, and then catch the opponent off guard.

Other ideas:

• YUNE: Her A skill could be swapped out for something like Fury or whatever if you have any to spare, which helps her B and C skills as well as her offense.
  • AZURA: Give her any Fortress skill for her A slot (like even Fortress Def 2 from 3* Seth is fine). You want her to have less offensive power, because if she can deal enough damage, she'll attack instead of dance. You can also swap out her B skill for something like WoM or whatever. Earth or Water Dance 3 are also great choices for B or seal (probably seal) since they make her dances give +5 to all stats (great for the cavalry since they aren't currently buffed)
  • SIGRUN: Change her special to something like Moonbow, Glimmer, or Bonfire. Her Atk is too low to get much from Draconic Aura. Giving her Iote's Shield seal is not a bad idea too, since some people might try to pick her off with an archer.
  • GUNNTHRA: Give her a more supportive C skill like Ward Cavalry. Ploys are not going to work very often due to your enemies getting major Res boosts from Eir. You can also give her a more offensive A skill like Deathblow, Darting Blow, or Fury. Her seal is fine but Darting Blow or a raw Atk or Spd boost would be worth thinking about too.
  • BERKUT: Give him a different B skill, perhaps Swordbreaker to deal with Eliwoods. He probably won't need the Warding Stance seal either, could use the QR seal if you want, which would help against a lot of foes.
  • Use the Dark Shrine. Since half of your team depends on debuffs, going all in with structures that contribute to that is one of the best things you can do.
  • Healing Tower could go where Bolt Tower is currently, I suppose. Alternatively, consider using the Dark Shrine or Panic Manor instead, for extra debuffing potential, both of which would be better in different locations entirely.
  • Bolt Tower is hard to use in Light Season since Eir will usually heal up that damage. Still worth keeping, though, but at the very least, I'd suggest maybe swapping it's location with the Cavalry School so it reaches further south (the schools have unlimited vertical range, but the Bolt Tower only hits 3 spaces up/down)
  • Move the Flower Bed someplace else, it currently allows players to safely bait Gunnthra while Hrid can't get past it. I'd suggest putting it just below where the Aether Pot is currently.
  • Move the Aether Pot as well, you'll want that space open for Yune if the Rally trap works. Could probably put it where the Fake Heavy Trap is, which could itself be moved up to next to the Bright Shrine

If you need me to, I can whip up a visual of how this layout would look.

5 minutes ago, Johann said:

Looking much smoother now. For a Rallier thing, there's a lot of ways to do this, so here's what I'd suggest:

• Put Yune where Azura is currently, and given her any Rally (I'd recommend Atk I guess since it'll target Hrid).
  • Put Azura where your Healing Tower is currently.
  • Put Sigrun where Yune is currently
  • Give either Rally Def or Res to either Hrid or Sigrun
  • Healing Tower should be moved south (or replaced with a different structure, see below)

Now, in action, there should be two things that work uniquely about this:

• If your enemy tries to bait Hrid, Yune will fly over and Rally him. Azura will then warp next to Yune and dance her, giving her the full buffs and movement bonus.
  • If your enemy tries to bait Yune, Hrid or Sigrun will run over and Rally her. Azura will then warp next to them and dance them

Literally any Rally works as long as it's not solely a stat their target is already getting buffed with (like Berkut won't ever be the target of Rally Res if his Res Wave is active that turn). The Rally itself isn't the main thing, so don't fret over which one you're using, it's really about getting the teammate to zip over, get danced, and then catch the opponent off guard.

Other ideas:

• YUNE: Her A skill could be swapped out for something like Fury or whatever if you have any to spare, which helps her B and C skills as well as her offense.
  • AZURA: Give her any Fortress skill for her A slot (like even Fortress Def 2 from 3* Seth is fine). You want her to have less offensive power, because if she can deal enough damage, she'll attack instead of dance. You can also swap out her B skill for something like WoM or whatever. Earth or Water Dance 3 are also great choices for B or seal (probably seal) since they make her dances give +5 to all stats (great for the cavalry since they aren't currently buffed)
  • SIGRUN: Change her special to something like Moonbow, Glimmer, or Bonfire. Her Atk is too low to get much from Draconic Aura. Giving her Iote's Shield seal is not a bad idea too, since some people might try to pick her off with an archer.
  • GUNNTHRA: Give her a more supportive C skill like Ward Cavalry. Ploys are not going to work very often due to your enemies getting major Res boosts from Eir. You can also give her a more offensive A skill like Deathblow, Darting Blow, or Fury. Her seal is fine but Darting Blow or a raw Atk or Spd boost would be worth thinking about too.
  • BERKUT: Give him a different B skill, perhaps Swordbreaker to deal with Eliwoods. He probably won't need the Warding Stance seal either, could use the QR seal if you want, which would help against a lot of foes.
  • Use the Dark Shrine. Since half of your team depends on debuffs, going all in with structures that contribute to that is one of the best things you can do.
  • Healing Tower could go where Bolt Tower is currently, I suppose. Alternatively, consider using the Dark Shrine or Panic Manor instead, for extra debuffing potential, both of which would be better in different locations entirely.
  • Bolt Tower is hard to use in Light Season since Eir will usually heal up that damage. Still worth keeping, though, but at the very least, I'd suggest maybe swapping it's location with the Cavalry School so it reaches further south (the schools have unlimited vertical range, but the Bolt Tower only hits 3 spaces up/down)
  • Move the Flower Bed someplace else, it currently allows players to safely bait Gunnthra while Hrid can't get past it. I'd suggest putting it just below where the Aether Pot is currently.
  • Move the Aether Pot as well, you'll want that space open for Yune if the Rally trap works. Could probably put it where the Fake Heavy Trap is, which could itself be moved up to next to the Bright Shrine

If you need me to, I can whip up a visual of how this layout would look.

Nice pointers. A visual layout shouldn't be necessary, I think I get the gist of it. It's getting late here though, and I've messed around with the map several times today as is, so I'll work more on it tomorrow. Just a note though, it might take some time to get some characters more skills, because they might need some SP grinding, and it isn't double SP time right now.

Edited by Anacybele

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Nice pointers. A visual layout shouldn't be necessary, I think I get the gist of it. It's getting late here though, and I've messed around with the map several times today as is, so I'll work more on it tomorrow. Just a note though, it might take some time to get some characters more skills, because they might need some SP grinding, and it isn't double SP time right now.

I ended making a mock-up anyway just to remember, and in case anyone wants to learn from it:

anamap1.jpg.501174904c2976e3ea9e2a7947b66a63.jpg

I don't have all the units you do, so uh, just pretend everybody's here. It occurred to me that your Bolt Trap placement is perfectly done, since it requires a lot of work to disarm safely (assuming a player doesn't have the Disarm Trap skill).

As for the SP, yeah it's lame as hell to have to grind it out. At least it's easy enough to just keep restarting GHB maps if you need a bit more, I guess

3 minutes ago, Johann said:

I ended making a mock-up anyway just to remember, and in case anyone wants to learn from it:

anamap1.jpg.501174904c2976e3ea9e2a7947b66a63.jpg

I don't have all the units you do, so uh, just pretend everybody's here. It occurred to me that your Bolt Trap placement is perfectly done, since it requires a lot of work to disarm safely (assuming a player doesn't have the Disarm Trap skill).

As for the SP, yeah it's lame as hell to have to grind it out. At least it's easy enough to just keep restarting GHB maps if you need a bit more, I guess

Okay, it looks like your flying Nino represents Yune and your Palla represents Sigrun. Got it. Yeah, I figured I knew how to place the traps well, those weren't hard to figure out, somehow. And Disarm Trap is so handy in AR if you have it, which is why I'm glad I wanted and pulled for Bunny Palla. Her weapon and color also gave me a great anti-Surtr unit. She single-handedly improved my win rate in AR a lot because of those two things. I use her on all my offensive teams now. Oh, and as a bonus, I got her with perfect IVs too.

Yeah, makes me glad you can give blessings to people now to increase your SP output some and that the amount of SP level ups give was increased. It was so tedious before when it you could ever only get 3 SP per kill and before the increase in level up SP was implemented.

Okay, it looks like your flying Nino represents Yune and your Palla represents Sigrun. Got it. Yeah, I figured I knew how to place the traps well, those weren't hard to figure out, somehow. And Disarm Trap is so handy in AR if you have it, which is why I'm glad I wanted and pulled for Bunny Palla. Her weapon and color also gave me a great anti-Surtr unit. She single-handedly improved my win rate in AR a lot because of those two things. I use her on all my offensive teams now. Oh, and as a bonus, I got her with perfect IVs too.

What works so great is that the player pretty much HAS to come in from the left to clear that trap, since there's like no room on the right, and they can't use Smite to land on it to keep their turn.

Yeah, makes me glad you can give blessings to people now to increase your SP output some and that the amount of SP level ups give was increased. It was so tedious before when it you could ever only get 3 SP per kill and before the increase in level up SP was implemented.

Valor skill seals should be a thing, says I. At least TT is starting soon, so you could get a bit from grinding there.

What works so great is that the player pretty much HAS to come in from the left to clear that trap, since there's like no room on the right, and they can't use Smite to land on it to keep their turn.

Yep, I think that's kinda what I was thinking when I placed those. And I also remembered hearing and even seeing in other people's defensive maps that fake traps are typically placed more off to the side, which makes sense, because players aren't really gonna go that way as often, so I did that too.

Valor skill seals should be a thing, says I. At least TT is starting soon, so you could get a bit from grinding there.

Yeah, or at least make the skills a bit more accessible. They're on seasonal units only, I think. At least mostly.

Edited by Anacybele

Yep, I think that's kinda what I was thinking when I placed those. And I also remembered hearing and even seeing in other people's defensive maps that fake traps are typically placed more off to the side, which makes sense, because players aren't really gonna go that way as often, so I did that too.

I'm not sure I've seen or heard of people placing them off to the side, unless you mean just on separate paths so the player has to commit extra time in order to disarm them. Usually it's more like what you have on your right-hand side where they're clumped together, with the dilemma of how to get past them or even trigger them safely. If they're close together near the enemy, stuff like Reposition and Dance become less of a safe option, after all. You could put the fake Heavy Trap with the others like that, but I think it might be best to give Yune that little bit of protection.

Yeah, or at least make the skills a bit more accessible. They're on seasonal units only, I think. At least mostly.

A lot of them, yeah. Only a small handful are available in the normal 5* pool, which is dumb cuz it's really just a skill for convenience

edit: random thought, but maybe swap the locations of the Bolt Tower and Aether Pot in my example picture. This would give the attacker more immediate incentive to break the structure, helping Hrid/Sigurn get the opening they need.

Edited by Johann

2 minutes ago, Johann said:

I'm not sure I've seen or heard of people placing them off to the side, unless you mean just on separate paths so the player has to commit extra time in order to disarm them. Usually it's more like what you have on your right-hand side where they're clumped together, with the dilemma of how to get past them or even trigger them safely. If they're close together near the enemy, stuff like Reposition and Dance become less of a safe option, after all. You could put the fake Heavy Trap with the others like that, but I think it might be best to give Yune that little bit of protection.

I mean I often see them placed on the left side or right side of the map while the real traps are more in the middle. It's how I can kinda sorta figure out which traps are real and fake in my AR battles. Ice Dragon sorta taught me that trick.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I mean I often see them placed on the left side or right side of the map while the real traps are more in the middle. It's how I can kinda sorta figure out which traps are real and fake in my AR battles. Ice Dragon sorta taught me that trick.

Oh, you mean how you'd ideally want a real Bolt Trap to cover as much ground as possible, right? That's a good thing to keep in mind, though I never guess the traps. I always have contingencies.

4 minutes ago, Johann said:

Oh, you mean how you'd ideally want a real Bolt Trap to cover as much ground as possible, right? That's a good thing to keep in mind, though I never guess the traps. I always have contingencies.

Yeah, that's another way of looking at it. And I see, whatever works for you. 😛

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Best day in my AR life so far. ^^ 

Yeah, it is a nice break.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Best day in my AR life so far. ^^ 

59 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yeah, it is a nice break.

Definitely. The one-day break was extremely welcome.

I wish this could just be a permanent thing with Mondays off.

12 hours ago, Maaka said:

Oscar is rather similar to Peri, but I prefer Peri because of her refine. Oscar's requires you to be near an infantry or cavalry unit and it's only +3 atk/spd to him, but you do get the +3 atk/spd for that ally if they were to wings of mercy in, so it could be useful. Peri's refine is much better though, because you can easily lose at least 1 hp before attacking, either from Duma or a lightning trap/bolt tower and have +4 to all stats. In the end, their stats are pretty similar. Oscar has 1 more speed, but he has a bit more hp, so it may be more difficult to get into wings of mercy range. 

Yeah, Peri's refine seems better to me as well. I just might do both of them in time, so I have one for each season. Thanks for the help!

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Definitely. The one-day break was extremely welcome.

I wish this could just be a permanent thing with Mondays off.

Agreed, the fact that this mode requires you to play basically every day is the worst part about it. The change from a daily free play to recharging stamina was a good one, but it didn't really help that much because you still have to play 5 out of 7 days a week to get all the rewards, and you need to make sure to spend enough energy to actually be able to recover it. What's actually the point of refilling energy daily anyways, couldn't we just have it all from the beginning of the season? I guess that would really mess up the defense system though, since everyone could do their matches the first day and then defense replays would be really rare the rest of the week.