Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

Did good to start off! Hope I can actually continue that. The only real mistake I made was forgetting to switch Eir's Shove back to Draw Back at first (I'd given her Shove for a FTP strat from Phoenixmaster not long ago).

Otherwise, I created some good teams for what I faced for the most part. Glad I decided to use Kaze for a more anti-magic focused team, as I eventually faced a near all-mage defense team which he wrecked nicely and took near zero damage from. XD

I also could finally use female Robin again and she put in work as well. I think I'll add an anti-flying team though, because that bird laguz + two Yunes team cost me a couple deaths. The two Yunes weren't a problem, Bunny Palla took care of them, it was the birds that were an issue. Also would be nice to get some good access to anti-beast weaponry someday, IS...

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the moment i made a match i got bombarded within 4 min. 6 Defense matches 3.5 victories (1 was 2 enemys deafeated) and 2 clean losses. obviously the one that counted was a complete loss...

Starting off the week with a Defensive Success is generally a good fortune~ Also didn't waste any ladders yet today so good start~ L!Eliwood is offering some great Support giving Bonus Doubler to HS!Elise, Nowi, and surprisingly Eir~ Didn't realize it was her bonus week so her boosted stats mean she gets to enjoy some of those sweet buffs, too~

So, uh, my Dark team is literally just 2x Yune + legendaries of the season thrown together, but it managed to get a win. Not because of Gunnthra and Yune, but because someone decided to field a team of almost all physical damage (Bride Fjorm isn't terribly amazing magic damage) with no greens in it again her. My Fjorm's got 43 Def and Steady Stance 3, so she just timed them out. Sure, they were all stuffed in a corner to make it not completely trivial to take on, but the standard Eir-boosted green super tank could have facerolled my setup (of all blues and greens). >.>

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi

17 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

the standard Eir-boosted green super tank could have facerolled my setup (of all blues and greens). >.>

Not surprising, the majority of the T21 population are lazy/weak, it's no longer considered a tryhard tier like it was when there were less than 3k of us in there.

Yeah. Though I guess I'm getting a little lazy myself. So used to Naga skewing my stats on her in the recent-ish weeks, that I didn't think anything of it, but her stats were a bit overly high. Now that I'm not in a rush, I went back to check and whoever attacked forgot to deploy the bonus structure, in addition to only having a base Fort level of 4. A green super tank still could have rolled my defense, though (someone actually brought in a suped-up vanilla Felicia in the next match and more or less did just that).

I'm having a problem with my Aether defense. I have six units in my defense team, but when other players challenge me, the sixth unit doesn't appear on the map. But then, if I check my map in my aether keep, the unit is there. I know this already happened once but I thought IS had fixed it... Should I send feedback?

5 minutes ago, Yukiko said:

I'm having a problem with my Aether defense. I have six units in my defense team, but when other players challenge me, the sixth unit doesn't appear on the map. But then, if I check my map in my aether keep, the unit is there. I know this already happened once but I thought IS had fixed it... Should I send feedback?

That's weird... Would you mind to add me to your friend list so I can check your team in a mock battle?

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 hour ago, Yukiko said:

If this is the case I think it is, then falling below the tier which unlocks the 6th defense unit (t19? I forgot), then any player that challenges you until you exceed the threshold again will only see the first 5 units. So say on Day1, someone -80s you, and you fall back into 't18' then any following players that day will see 5 units.

If it's something else and you're not in t19, that sounds more like a bug.

I made a hilariously stupid mistake by Repoing a unit the wrong way (this is why you shouldn't rush, kids) that cost me two units in my first match~ Could have been a perfect run but I still won so IDRC~ Any Ladder saved is fine with me~ 

Did end up wasting a Ladder on my 2nd match but got a perfect 3rd run so we're evened out~

4 hours ago, Yukiko said:

Did you fall down a tier? If, so that is why~

@BoaFerox

I noticed my most recent victory (9 hours ago) is against someone with your name. Is that you? (No units killed and no replay available, though. Does that happen if you immediately surrender?)

My defense team is a flier ball with the Whitewings in front.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

@BoaFerox

I noticed my most recent victory (9 hours ago) is against someone with your name. Is that you? (No units killed and no replay available, though. Does that happen if you immediately surrender?)

IIRC yeah, if they Surrender immediately, you get a Success but no Replay available~

So, if we lose more than 240 lift in defense losses above Tier 20 do we not get anything for the week?  That's a bit harsh, unless it's expecting to have more Defense wins than losses.  People would get frustrated real fast if they lost more matches than they won.

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

So, if we lose more than 240 lift in defense losses above Tier 20 do we not get anything for the week?  That's a bit harsh, unless it's expecting to have more Defense wins than losses.  People would get frustrated real fast if they lost more matches than they won.

Nah, it just takes your 3 worst Def losses for the week and adds them up. 240 is the lowest it can go, and if you have two Yunes and a full Dark/Legendary team, your minimum score is going to be 120.

6 minutes ago, Johann said:

Nah, it just takes your 3 worst Def losses for the week and adds them up. 240 is the lowest it can go, and if you have two Yunes and a full Dark/Legendary team, your minimum score is going to be 120.

Okay, looks like it will be 120 every week for me then. I don't think I've ever been lucky enough to have less than 3 full lift losses in a week.

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Okay, looks like it will be 120 every week for me then. I don't think I've ever been lucky enough to have less than 3 full lift losses in a week.

Yeah I imagine few people who don't have Dark/Anima heroes are going to pull off a max reward score. Incidentally, last week I had a perfect scoring week for Defense, and it felt like a tease given how the season concluded before the update kicked in.

11 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

@BoaFerox

Haha, yeah, I think that was me. You were just エクラ, right? I didn't think I would have time to play yesterday, so I just went in and immidiately surrendered to secure the daily reward. I did check the map to see if it was a lucky freebie though, but your team seemed like the exact opposite of that so I surrendered without even trying. I think I remember reading that you use this kind of team in this thread, but I didn't connect the dots because of the generic summoner name, if I had I would've sent a friend request! 

One perfect match and an 80 today~ Not mad about the 80 because I should have lost in all honesty but Eir has really been coming through for me lately in some of these matches that I should be losing. She really must want me to start liking her and it's semi-working.

Get ready, because on August 6th we will get Dark Blessing Quests! Are you ready to get a lower score in AR because we will get "win AR matches with a dark blessed unit on the team that is not a dark Mythic Hero" quests?

I've gotten three perfect victories in a row now! Sweetness. I do wish more people wouldn't place their Aether pots and fountains way up in the top corners where they're hard to get to though. -_-

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Get ready, because on August 6th we will get Dark Blessing Quests! Are you ready to get a lower score in AR because we will get "win AR matches with a dark blessed unit on the team that is not a dark Mythic Hero" quests?

Begone with you~

Lost only 40 lift on offense so far with all aether gotten. Used two ladders because i derped, hard. 

And 0 lift loss on defense so far. I am very glad we have the timestamps now, but since I am currently out of the grace period I am paranoid my next Defense result will be a loss.

First match was a perfect. Second was my first experience with the properly built Cav Line. Well, sorta. They had both B!Lyn and V!Roy on the same side so Leo handled them and Ethlyn with ease though he did go down to Gunnthra after she one shot my HS!Elise. Eir, Nowi, and Eliwood cleaned up the rest~ 

Would be better to spread the Brave Bow users apart, IMO, since most people only carry one Raventome, if any. I figured I'd lose some units but I lost a lot less than I could have if I had to worry about a Brave Bow and a Panic on each side~If someone where to use a S!Lilina instead of HS!Elise, she'd probably have the Res to tank Gunnthra and then clean up the Yune~