Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

You keep saying OF a Movement type with 2 or less Movement. That is not what it says. You do not have to be OF any specific move type to use Tactics Buffs. ANY Movement Type can take advantage. The TEAM has to be that which only has 2 or less of ANY Movement Type. 

The sentence can be confusing, but when you watch your replays and see that the 3 Infantry units will not be receiving the buffs, it should be made more clear how the Skill works.

Yes, I'm aware now.

I didn't watch any for that team yet. So that's why I didn't know then.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yes, I'm aware now.

I didn't watch any for that team yet. So that's why I didn't know then.

It's important to watch them to see how you're losing. You can make adjustments during the week and you may start seeing better results.

Also, Test the team against yourself, too. If you can beat it, then chances are, other people can, too. Seeing for yourself how your team moves can make it easier to fix things that need tweaking~

Just now, Landmaster said:

It's important to watch them to see how you're losing. You can make adjustments during the week and you may start seeing better results.

Also, Test the team against yourself, too. If you can beat it, then chances are, other people can, too. Seeing for yourself how your team moves can make it easier to fix things that need tweaking~

I've tried doing that before though, I don't learn anything. I don't suddenly see something that I didn't before.

I can test my own team? Didn't know that. Thanks.

I've tried doing that before though, I don't learn anything. I don't suddenly see something that I didn't before.

Yes, hit the farthest right button and "Test Defenses". You can use your own AR teams and see how other people are likely beating you~ Then you can make changes if a unit is too easily baitable or the Skills aren't working as intended, etc.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Do you read the update notes and description of stuff IS actually puts out? If you arent even makeing the effort to read the stuff IS provides to you on updates and try the stuff out no wonder you are clueless. Sorry but seriously start doing some reasearch and read the stuff instead of expecting people to spoon-feed you everything.

4 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Yes, hit the farthest right button and "Test Defenses". You can use your own AR teams and see how other people are likely beating you~ Then you can make changes if a unit is too easily baitable or the Skills aren't working as intended, etc.

I see. Though I can only see this helping a little since I'm not super skilled.

EDIT: @Hilda Wow, fucking rude and completely unnecessary. Of course I read the update notes, I'm not a dumbass. But I don't fucking memorize them. But you know what, you never seem to care about not insulting people or their skill/intelligence here, so I don't need to bother with you.

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

EDIT: @Hilda Wow, fucking rude and completely unnecessary. Of course I read the update notes, I'm not a dumbass. But I don't fucking memorize them.

Any improvement is better than no improvement~ Even if you can only change one thing at a time, it would be an improvement~

2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Any improvement is better than no improvement~ Even if you can only change one thing at a time, it would be an improvement~

That is true.

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

EDIT: @Hilda Wow, fucking rude and completely unnecessary. Of course I read the update notes, I'm not a dumbass. But I don't fucking memorize them. But you know what, you never seem to care about not insulting people or their skill/intelligence here, so I don't need to bother with you.

to be fair, this isn't true because whenever i had an issue, @Hilda has been nothing but helpful and willing to work with me or explain something if i didn't get it. 

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

to be fair, this isn't true because whenever i had an issue, @Hilda has been nothing but helpful and willing to work with me or explain something if i didn't get it. 

Are you seriously defending her after what she said to me? How would you feel if someone said "you're clueless, stop expecting people to spoon-feed you" to you?

Everyone else has been polite and helpful to me. But all she ever does is insult my skill and intelligence. I won't claim I'm the best player ever, but that doesn't mean it's okay to just call me an idiot.

Nothing that Hilda said would I consider rude. Very blunt, yes, but to summarise her post, she;

- Asks a question

- Has a certain view of how she thinks you are playing/handling the game. One that implies lack of game knowledge, which you yourself have also attested to. 

- Has the opinion that you also have to put in work yourself if you want to improve. Which in her eyes so far hasn’t happened. 

These are questions, opinions and perspectives, none of these are rude insults. If you think her perspective is faulty, correct her as best you can, have a discussion. Don’t just run away from a discussion by throwing the ‘you are rude’ card.

Also i didn’t quite catch if you understand tactics buffs now, so I will try to explain it as simple as possible. 

Tactics buffs are visible buffs that require you to have a team of units that can all move different ways/distances With a max of two of the same distances. So two infantry units, an armor and a flier will give all the buff. Flying units can move differently than infantry(over mountains etc) so the game counts it as a different movement type.

Cavs can also enjoy tactics buffs. As long as there are at max two cavs on the team and two other units. (Two armors, or and armor+flier, flier+infantry etc.)

Legendary has Special tactic(Ostia’s pulse) which gives -1 special cooldown to all units if they meet the requirements.

Edited by Vicious Sal

9 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Nothing that Hilda said would I consider rude. Very blunt, yes, but to summarise her post, she;

- Asks a question

- Has a certain view of how she thinks you are playing/handling the game. One that implies lack of game knowledge, whoch you yourself have also attested to. 

- Has the opinion that you also have to put in work yourself if you want to improve. Which in her eyes so far hasn’t happened. 

You're putting what she said very lightly and generically. Calling me clueless isn't rude? Telling me to stop wanting to be spoon-fed isn't rude? In what universe are those things not rude?

...When did I ever say I lack game knowledge? Why would I insult myself like that?

These are questions, opinions and perspectives, none of these are rude insults. If you think her perspective is faulty, correct her as best you can, have a discussion. Don’t just run away from a discussion by throwing the ‘you are rude’ card.

There's nothing wrong with ignoring rude people though.

Also i didn’t quite catch if you understand tactics buffs now, so I will try to explain it as simple as possible. 

Tactics buffs are visible buffs that require you to have a team of units that can all move different ways/distances With a max of two of the same distances. So two infantry units, an armor and a flier will give all the buff. Flying units can move differently than infantry(over mountains etc) so the game counts it as a different movement type.

Cavs can also enjoy tactics buffs. As long as there are at max two cavs on the team and two other units. (Two armors, or and armor+flier, flier+infantry etc.)

Legendary has Special tactic(Ostia’s pulse) which gives -1 special cooldown to all units if they meet the requirements.

I do understand now, you didn't need to explain it to me.

But it doesn't matter anymore anyway. I decided to quit and uninstall Heroes. Not just because of any AR failures, mind you. Quitting because of one mode is silly. I'm tired of being able to clear very little content in this game in general. I used to be able to clear enough, but with every new mode/content that gets added, there's more and more shit I can't clear because my hard work on my units and teams isn't enough. Sometimes I can't get arena win streaks and such either. I'm not spending my life and paychecks on a single game. If already putting hours and tons of resources into my units isn't enough, there's no point. The game is too stupid at that point to me. If all I can ever really do is level up and give units skills, and I can't put them to use to clear much of anything, what's the point of continuing?

I've already tried getting help. Nobody has been able to help me. I've gotten very few results from it at all. So don't bother trying to convince me to keep playing and that you can help. I'm not blaming anyone for not being able to be helped, I'm sure those who tried to help me did their best.

Good luck to the rest of you.

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So don't bother trying to convince me to keep playing and that you can help.

Oh, don't worry. We will not try to convince you to keep playing. That's your decision and we will respect that. And if you decide to return some day in the future, we will be here to welcome you.

Don't worry. If you linked to a Nintendo Account, your progress will be saved.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Oh, don't worry. We will not try to convince you to keep playing.

...Why do I sense an underlying message of "we don't want you around here anyway" here? That's a mean thing to say/imply, but I don't care. I don't mind leaving this board.

If this isn't your intention, then my mistake. But you're coming off to me this way.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I was writting, but I pressed to send it before finishing it. My bad. I just finished the post now.

Oh, sorry about that then.

6 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

That's your decision and we will respect that. And if you decide to return some day in the future, we will be here to welcome you.

That's kind of you to say. I believe I did once quit and come back before... I think the only way I would return to the game at this point though, is if either IS toned down the difficulty of a lot of this game's content, which will never happen because they don't care much about players who aren't experts, or I somehow gain better skill without even playing it, which doesn't even make sense. So...

9 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Don't worry. If you linked to a Nintendo Account, your progress will be saved.

I know. I've had a Nintendo account linked since day one.

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You're putting what she said very lightly and generically. Calling me clueless isn't rude? Telling me to stop wanting to be spoon-fed isn't rude? In what universe are those things not rude?

...When did I ever say I lack game knowledge? Why would I insult myself like that?

But it doesn't matter anymore anyway. I decided to quit and uninstall Heroes. Not just because of any AR failures, mind you. Quitting because of one mode is silly. I'm tired of being able to clear very little content in this game in general. I used to be able to clear enough, but with every new mode/content that gets added, there's more and more shit I can't clear because my hard work on my units and teams isn't enough. Sometimes I can't get arena win streaks and such either. I'm not spending my life and paychecks on a single game. If already putting hours and tons of resources into my units isn't enough, there's no point. The game is too stupid at that point to me. If all I can ever really do is level up and give units skills, and I can't put them to use to clear much of anything, what's the point of continuing?

I've already tried getting help. Nobody has been able to help me. I've gotten very few results from it at all. So don't bother trying to convince me to keep playing and that you can help. I'm not blaming anyone for not being able to be helped, I'm sure those who tried to help me did their best.

okay sorry, i had to go home. now i am home, and i am back. 

to answer your first statement which you quoted me at- I was pointing out what you said. She has never been like that to me. now yes, she asked you if you wanted to be spoonfed, and you took umbrage to that because it could come off as rude- but to be very blunt, Ana - that's the impression you tend to give off. you want easier modes,  you blame things on bugs, etc, and it gets frustrating because it happens all the time, in almost every mode. Now. I am not perfect. I don't memorize everything  - but i put it on me, not on the fact the modes are hard. I constantly asked help, to get to Tier 21, i literally had two-three friends walk me through every single battle because one week I was struggling so hard. and I asked them questions, they asked me what i would do, and sometimes my moves wouldn't work. sometimes My works would work and theirs wouldn't but we had a discourse back and forth. 

Quite frankly, quitting isn't going to help you get better. I know I personally have asked you several times have you built magic sweepers, and player phase units etc, and you've  never answered me. I like one specific move type, but i am building up different types of units etc for other modes. I am certaintly not good at everything either,but i take the time to seriously take questions, read up on stuff  -or come back to it. there are many things in this game that are just sitting there or i have to come back to because what i have as "my best" isn't working. so i come back to it. "the point of continuing." is to try to be better. and know that it doesn't happen at one time instant. it's a constant process. 

i know there are a lot of people who have offered to help you - and from what i've seen it doesn't seem like you approach it with an open mind  and truly take stock into everything. If i am wrong, then i'm happy to be wrong. 

I'm not going to convince you to come back - but like i said  - quitting is going to to resolve none of your issues. 

11 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

to answer your first statement which you quoted me at- I was pointing out what you said. She has never been like that to me. now yes, she asked you if you wanted to be spoonfed, and you took umbrage to that because it could come off as rude- but to be very blunt, Ana - that's the impression you tend to give off. you want easier modes,  you blame things on bugs, etc, and it gets frustrating because it happens all the time, in almost every mode. Now. I am not perfect. I don't memorize everything  - but i put it on me, not on the fact the modes are hard. I constantly asked help, to get to Tier 21, i literally had two-three friends walk me through every single battle because one week I was struggling so hard. and I asked them questions, they asked me what i would do, and sometimes my moves wouldn't work. sometimes My works would work and theirs wouldn't but we had a discourse back and forth. 

I admit I'm a naturally blunt person. But there's a difference between that and calling someone things like clueless.

I don't blame things on bugs anymore. At least, not as much or in the way I used to. I consider it every now and then, but typically decide in the end that it's the lesser possibility. Because I came to a realization that it'd be silly for so many things to be bugs.

I constantly asked help too. Sometimes I got some and tried using it, but it didn't make things much different in the end. And sometimes I was just ignored.

11 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Quite frankly, quitting isn't going to help you get better. I know I personally have asked you several times have you built magic sweepers, and player phase units etc, and you've  never answered me. I like one specific move type, but i am building up different types of units etc for other modes. I am certaintly not good at everything either,but i take the time to seriously take questions, read up on stuff  -or come back to it. there are many things in this game that are just sitting there or i have to come back to because what i have as "my best" isn't working. so i come back to it. "the point of continuing." is to try to be better. and know that it doesn't happen at one time instant. it's a constant process. 

i know there are a lot of people who have offered to help you - and from what i've seen it doesn't seem like you approach it with an open mind  and truly take stock into everything. If i am wrong, then i'm happy to be wrong. 

I'm not going to convince you to come back - but like i said  - quitting is going to to resolve none of your issues. 

Well yeah, quitting isn't going to make me better. But nothing I've tried HAS made me better, so why not save myself some frustration and money? And...I don't remember you asking those things. But if you did, I'm sorry I never answered. Yes, I've built magic sweepers and player phase units. My player phase units include Reinhardt, flying Nino, several brave weapon wielders, and more. By magic sweeper you mean a tome unit that can one-round units without taking much damage, right? Again, there's Reinhardt, flying Nino, regular Nino, etc.

Sure. But sometimes people suggest skills or units that I don't have access to. So I can't use every single piece of advice. Besides that, I'd love to go in with an open mind.

I know, yes.

Edited by Anacybele

@Anacybele I can not claim to be good at like. this stuff (AR and crap). but I know I am good at other stuff. and I don't have access to crazy skills and things. so if you really want to try to figure things out, then I can try to do my best to help you. bit i bit, i promise. and if it still doens't work, then if you wanna quit, then you can quit. 

21 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I can not claim to be good at like. this stuff (AR and crap). but I know I am good at other stuff. and I don't have access to crazy skills and things. so if you really want to try to figure things out, then I can try to do my best to help you. bit i bit, i promise. and if it still doens't work, then if you wanna quit, then you can quit.  

AR and LHBs/MHBs are my biggest issue though. Arena and AA, I sometimes have trouble with them, but not as often. And these days, I don't really bother with advanced AA anymore. I do advanced arena, though. Oh, and there are still SAs and lunatic CCs I have trouble with too.

I could use guides for some of these, and I have, but... I'd like to be able to do them on my own, if even just a little more often.

I think though, I know what mainly holds me back. There are a lot of variables and factors to consider, and they can differ in each mode. Like, for AR, you have to consider not only your team setup and skills and placement as well as that of the enemies, but also common threats, traps, the turn limit, etc. And LHBs/MHBs have super inflated stats and absurd enemy reinforcements.

Basically, it's a lot to think about and process for one battle, and I just seem to have trouble processing so many things like that. And I am autistic, and while that's not an excuse, sometimes that does mean information can be more difficult to process.

Tbh, I don't REALLY want to quit. But I don't want to keep having trouble and being frustrated all the time either when I can't seem to reduce those any way except by quitting. It doesn't help me and it doesn't help others either for me to just complain about it...

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

AR and LHBs/MHBs are my biggest issue though. Arena and AA, I sometimes have trouble with them, but not as often. And these days, I don't really bother with advanced AA anymore. I do advanced arena, though. Oh, and there are still SAs and lunatic CCs I have trouble with too.

I could use guides for some of these, and I have, but... I'd like to be able to do them on my own, if even just a little more often.

I think though, I know what mainly holds me back. There are a lot of variables and factors to consider, and they can differ in each mode. Like, for AR, you have to consider not only your team setup and skills and placement as well as that of the enemies, but also common threats, traps, the turn limit, etc. And LHBs/MHBs have super inflated stats and absurd enemy reinforcements.

Basically, it's a lot to think about and process for one battle, and I just seem to have trouble processing so many things like that. And I am autistic, and while that's not an excuse, sometimes that does mean information can be more difficult to process.

Tbh, I don't REALLY want to quit. But I don't want to keep having trouble and being frustrated all the time either when I can't seem to reduce those any way except by quitting. It doesn't help me and it doesn't help others either for me to just complain about it...

well like i said. AR -not my cuppa. 
But LHBs and stuff, i usually can figure things out. (it takes me a while, with my units and what not, but i can figure things out) so i honestly don't mind helping, if you honestly, really want to work at stuff 🙂 9x10, everything i do is with Celica and 3 dancers. and so if i can figure it out 9x10 with Celica, I bet i can work things out with a Nino and 3 dancers 😄

Just now, daisy jane said:

well like i said. AR -not my cuppa. 
But LHBs and stuff, i usually can figure things out. (it takes me a while, with my units and what not, but i can figure things out) so i honestly don't mind helping, if you honestly, really want to work at stuff 🙂 9x10, everything i do is with Celica and 3 dancers. and so if i can figure it out 9x10 with Celica, I bet i can work things out with a Nino and 3 dancers 😄

I see. Literally the only LHBs/MHBs I've been able to do on my own on infernal or higher are Hector's and Roy's. And the former is the only one I've cleared abyssal in with no guides.

I bet that Celica and Nino are +10 though. Mine aren't merged that high, and it isn't easy to merge Celica anyway since she's 5 star only. I've heard of Klein + three refreshers though, and I do intend to merge him up more because he's so useful and I kinda like him. But if a bunch of merges aren't needed, I could see what I could do.

I see. Literally the only LHBs/MHBs I've been able to do on my own on infernal or higher are Hector's and Roy's. And the former is the only one I've cleared abyssal in with no guides.

I bet that Celica and Nino are +10 though. Mine aren't merged that high, and it isn't easy to merge Celica anyway since she's 5 star only. I've heard of Klein + three refreshers though, and I do intend to merge him up more because he's so useful and I kinda like him. But if a bunch of merges aren't needed, I could see what I could do.

you, would be wrong. 
My celica is +2 (due to sheer luck)
and I don't even have a NIno built. (but you said you did). 

hell you don't evne need merges. you just need a good IV, Fury/Brazen/Desperation activation, and WOM action. 

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

you, would be wrong. 
My celica is +2 (due to sheer luck)
and I don't even have a NIno built. (but you said you did). 

hell you don't evne need merges. you just need a good IV, Fury/Brazen/Desperation activation, and WOM action. 

Oh, okay. My Celica is also +2, I think. She's +Spd. As is Nino. And Nino has one merge because I originally had a neutral Nino. I think only Nino has the Fury/Desp combo though. I'd have to inherit that onto Celica. What sucks though, is that I don't seem to get much Desperation fodder since I hardly ever pull Shanna. Fury's not an issue because I seem to get Hinata a lot. Other than the Desperation thing though, it doesn't seem like there's much I'd need to do in order to make that strat work.

I would like at least three flying refreshers though. I only have two (legendary Azura and Reyson).

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Those things are very to the point yes, but are valid descriptions for the situation and not an overexaggeration. I mean, with the tactics skills you could have noticed something was wrong with your logic when you saw that cavalry units could inherit them(while according to your logic, they wouldn’t be able to utilise the buffs. ) Why be able to learn something you cannot use? And even more glaring, not once, but twice were there notifications about a cav unit recieving a refine with a tactics buff. Titania AND seth. It is quite the accomplishment to miss something that points out the flaw in your logic multiple times.

Second point, this page is lottered with instances where you say you cannot clear stuff and that things are too much to process. The whole Extra lift scoring with blessings showed how little you knew about AR. Plenty examples.

Third point, you were not ignoring her, since you replied.

Lastly, ok, I won’t stop you. The sunk cost fallacy is perfection applicable here and knowing when to call it quits is most often the best course of action. It wouldn’t make me happy to get you back into the game only to have you get frustrated and losing money you didn’t want to lose.

Good luck with your endeavours and maybe at some point a welcome back! =]