Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

1 minute ago, Vicious Sal said:

Those things are very to the point yes, but are valid descriptions for the situation and not an overexaggeration. I mean, with the tactics skills you could have noticed something was wrong with your logic when you saw that cavalry units could inherit them(while according to your logic, they wouldn’t be able to utilise the buffs. ) Why be able to learn something you cannot use? And even more glaring, not once, but twice were there notifications about a cav unit recieving a refine with a tactics buff. Titania AND seth. It is quite the accomplishment to miss something that points out the flaw in your logic multiple times.

Uh, then explain to me why non-refreshers can equip the sing/dance seals/skills that aren't Sing/Dance themselves? As for Titania and Seth's refines, that could just mean they're more meant for mixed teams, not cavalry ones.

4 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Second point, this page is lottered with instances where you say you cannot clear stuff and that things are too much to process. The whole Extra lift scoring with blessings showed how little you knew about AR. Plenty examples.

Just because I didn't know one thing doesn't mean I know little.

Third point, you were not ignoring her, since you replied.

I meant that I'd ignore her from that point on.

Good luck with your endeavours and maybe at some point a welcome back! =]

Thanks, and maybe.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Uh, then explain to me why non-refreshers can equip the sing/dance seals/skills that aren't Sing/Dance themselves?

Because Refreshers are not a unit type in the same vein Infantry, Cavalry, Fliers, etc. are. Sing and Dance are simply skills that cannot be inherited, so you can’t set a condition to Dance skills and seals so that only Refreshers can get them. It’s a rather unfortunate flaw in game design, but not the same as described above with the Tactics skill, since if IntSys wanted to restrict the skill so Horse units can’t get them, they would have done so. 

1 minute ago, Jave said:

Because Refreshers are not a unit type in the same vein Infantry, Cavalry, Fliers, etc. are. Sing and Dance are simply skills that cannot be inherited, so you can’t set a condition to Dance skills and seals so that only Refreshers can get them. It’s a rather unfortunate flaw in game design, but not the same as described above with the Tactics skill, since if IntSys wanted to restrict the skill so Horse units can’t get them, they would have done so. 

...What? I never thought tactics skills couldn't be used BY cavalry. Only that they couldn't be buffed by them. I completely figured that cavalry could use them to buff infantry, fliers, and armors.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...What? I never thought tactics skills couldn't be used BY cavalry. Only that they couldn't be buffed by them. I completely figured that cavalry could use them to buff infantry, fliers, and armors.

See, this is the answer you should have given Vicious Sal in your last reply to him, but instead you chose to ask a completely unrelated question, which I took the time to answer to the best of my knowledge. And considering you didn’t even comment on my response, it makes me think you didn’t ask the question in good faith to begin with. 

3 minutes ago, Jave said:

See, this is the answer you should have given Vicious Sal in your last reply to him, but instead you chose to ask a completely unrelated question, which I took the time to answer to the best of my knowledge. And considering you didn’t even comment on my response, it makes me think you didn’t ask the question in good faith to begin with. 

Sorry, I must've thought I'd made that clear before. I'm sorry for misunderstanding. And I did ask that question in good faith... Also, I'm not sure how to respond to your comment in any other way than what I already said.

Edited by Anacybele

@Anacybele What might actually help you more than anything is not something we can tell specifically. We are giving advice that works because we grasp the fundamentals of the game and understand most/all mechanics. (With AI behaviour being what not everyone completely grasps) But we all know the mechanics of the game and when we know the skills we know the outcome. 

You have been playing the game with a wrongful understanding of the games mechanics. 

For example, you might have tried an abyssal LHB map with three infantry units and L!Azura who has her default Atk Tactic. You assumed tactic skills gave in combat buffs. So your strategy took a +6 atk boost into account. But when the battle took place, your infantry unit didn’t actually get the buff and got killed.  

That is not a fault in your strategy, since if it were to work the way you thought it worked, you would have won. However, your understanding of the game and its skills was faulty, resulting in a loss where you would have expected a win. That can become very frustrating. So maybe you are better at the strategy part than you think, but since you are essentially playing a different game in your head than what is presented on the screen, you get conflicting outcomes. 

So maybe the best way you can help yourself is by reading every (?) box and every skill that isn’t straightforward. (I think we can skip things like death blow and fury for example)

Then make a list, or search for one to see what kind of skills affect the same thing. For exmple, your AR def map which had a hone and a tactics buff for the same stat(iirc).

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Bonuses

This page for example explains the difference between an in combat boost and a field bonus. And what interaction a field bonus might have with things like panic status. 

I expect that when you understand and grasp what the game is telling you, you’ll see massive improvements to your gameplay. Suddenly you’ll be able to use the power of tactic buffs (as an example)and those abyssal maps will become easier, since you’ll have two advantages you didn’t have before;

- a C skill slot and maybe a seal slot that have skills slotted into them that are working for you instead of against you.

- an additional +6 to one or more stats on your team which is a big deal vs abyssal enemy stats.

Judging from the past few posts and all the advice people have been trying to help you with, this in my opinion is the most valuable one. Since all other advice is meaningless if we are not playing the same game. 

I could tell you why using your tower in chess would be a good move, but if you think a tower can only move diagonally(drastic comparison but you get the point) we will not be seeing the same game. My expected outcome will not be the same as yours. 

So yeah, examine all skills and learn how they work, and I’m sure you’ll see big improvements. There is no shame in that, we all have to double check from time to time. 

I for one almost gave fishie bow+ to my cc vantage unit, which is dumb because Vantage is for enemy phase and Fishie bow works only on player phase.

15 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

I for one almost gave fishie bow+ to my cc vantage unit, which is dumb because Vantage is for enemy phase and Fishie bow works only on player phase.

That still trips me up sometimes. If I am not paying attention, Vantage looks kind of like Desperation to me.

6 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

@Anacybele What might actually help you more than anything is not something we can tell specifically. We are giving advice that works because we grasp the fundamentals of the game and understand most/all mechanics. (With AI behaviour being what not everyone completely grasps) But we all know the mechanics of the game and when we know the skills we know the outcome. 

You have been playing the game with a wrongful understanding of the games mechanics. 

For example, you might have tried an abyssal LHB map with three infantry units and L!Azura who has her default Atk Tactic. You assumed tactic skills gave in combat buffs. So your strategy took a +6 atk boost into account. But when the battle took place, your infantry unit didn’t actually get the buff and got killed.  

That is not a fault in your strategy, since if it were to work the way you thought it worked, you would have won. However, your understanding of the game and its skills was faulty, resulting in a loss where you would have expected a win. That can become very frustrating. So maybe you are better at the strategy part than you think, but since you are essentially playing a different game in your head than what is presented on the screen, you get conflicting outcomes. 

So maybe the best way you can help yourself is by reading every (?) box and every skill that isn’t straightforward. (I think we can skip things like death blow and fury for example)

Then make a list, or search for one to see what kind of skills affect the same thing. For exmple, your AR def map which had a hone and a tactics buff for the same stat(iirc).

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Bonuses

This page for example explains the difference between an in combat boost and a field bonus. And what interaction a field bonus might have with things like panic status. 

I expect that when you understand and grasp what the game is telling you, you’ll see massive improvements to your gameplay. Suddenly you’ll be able to use the power of tactic buffs (as an example)and those abyssal maps will become easier, since you’ll have two advantages you didn’t have before;

- a C skill slot and maybe a seal slot that have skills slotted into them that are working for you instead of against you.

- an additional +6 to one or more stats on your team which is a big deal vs abyssal enemy stats.

Judging from the past few posts and all the advice people have been trying to help you with, this in my opinion is the most valuable one. Since all other advice is meaningless if we are not playing the same game. 

I could tell you why using your tower in chess would be a good move, but if you think a tower can only move diagonally(drastic comparison but you get the point) we will not be seeing the same game. My expected outcome will not be the same as yours. 

So yeah, examine all skills and learn how they work, and I’m sure you’ll see big improvements. There is no shame in that, we all have to double check from time to time. 

I get all this, I really do. And I appreciate it. But just because I misunderstood tactics skills (and understandably so, given that video on them), doesn't mean I misunderstand a whole bunch of stuff. Still, no harm in reading stuff more often anyway. I just need to actually remember to do certain things I don't normally do. It's hard for me to create new habits that I didn't have before. For example, when I have to take over cleaning the kitty box because my mom has to go away, I'll sometimes forget because I never got into the habit of doing it so often.

Similarly, I'll sometimes forget to look at skills or something in Heroes. So... I guess getting into the habit of doing more stuff might take a little time.

Hell, I sometimes forget momentarily that I even uninstalled the game! I might think "I'll do this in Heroes later..." and then "...Wait, I quit the game though." Maybe at that point, quitting is the worst idea. I got too used to playing it! lol

It may be worth reevaluating how you feel in a week or something. Being angry/frustrated tends to tilt people and make it even harder to play or do things well. Taking a step back and not doing Heroes for seven days or so may let you come back fresh and do things better, especially with some of that new knowledge you've acquired. Just saying, since it sounds like you're still invested enough that throwing the entire account out may end up not be want you want in the long term.

6 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

It may be worth reevaluating how you feel in a week or something. Being angry/frustrated tends to tilt people and make it even harder to play or do things well. Taking a step back and not doing Heroes for seven days or so may let you come back fresh and do things better, especially with some of that new knowledge you've acquired. Just saying, since it sounds like you're still invested enough that throwing the entire account out may end up not be want you want in the long term.

I've gone about an entire day without playing so far. I reinstalled though, for later just in case. If I come back though, I don't want to go a whole week without playing, I'm gonna want to pull Claude and Edelgard. XD

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I've gone about an entire day without playing so far. I reinstalled though, for later just in case. If I come back though, I don't want to go a whole week without playing, I'm gonna want to pull Claude and Edelgard. XD

At least open the game to get the daily orbs, and to the quests/maps that reward you with orbs. For example, tomorrow there is the "kill 20 foes" quest and the new Rivals Domains. Two easy orbs.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Fairly easy matches today against some interesting teamz~ One guy really liked Awakening and had a Chrom and the Lissas team with Tharja and for some reason Mae. The other team was slightly intimidating but most of the enemies were blue and red so it was pretty easy all things considered~

14 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I got an 80 loss
I netted 90 lift

I call this a good day.
(I hate this mode with the passion of 1000 burning suns)

Careful now, you do not want to burn too hot too fast, and you might want to lower the sun count.

Surtr's fat ass did that in Book II and we saw him collapsed into a black hole in the Paralogues, so now he is suffering humiliation as Hel's personal boy toy.

Edited by XRay

37 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

At least open the game to get the daily orbs, and to the quests/maps that reward you with orbs. For example, tomorrow there is the "kill 20 foes" quest and the new Rivals Domains. Two easy orbs.

Yeah, I did get my daily orbs.

I'm having a really rough week in this mode. So far I've been perfectly sniped on defense: I have 10 defense matches, all of them are successes or defeated 4 units (which means 0 lift loss), exept the four matches that counted which are three complete -80 losses and one -40 loss. If I lose any more lift at all I'm going to get 0 defense rewards this week, even though my defense team is not actually doing that badly...

Offensively I'm not doing so hot either, though I'm definitely not in any danger of dropping a tier or anything. But the chances of getting a gold throne seem close to zero.

I couldn't stay away for more than I day, so I came back to the game. I was forgetting I even quit too, so... Quitting wasn't really a good idea.

I still lost today, but you know what? I realized I need to give more units Light and Astra blessings. I decided to make Cecilia a bit of a second female Robin, but on a horse, so during weeks I can't use Robin, I can use her, because she has Gronnraven+ which means she can also be a big threat to Reinhardts, Brave Lyns, and Veronicas. So Cecilia now has an Astra blessing, and I gave female Robin a Light one. This means they no longer have Earth and Wind respectively, but yeah.

So I think I've taken some good steps here in making some units more suited to AR. I still have a few Blessed Gardens challenges I've not yet completed, but...hopefully I can eventually figure those out.

I think I'll make the next step building a team that can handle those annoying flying squads like that six-Camilla team I faced the other day. I'm thinking it'll need an archer or two...and the right units who can tank hits since those flier teams will be aggressive. Otherwise though, I'll have to think more on it. Those teams are so annoying.

Another thing, after leveling up Lewyn (whom I also gave an Astra blessing, btw) and getting his lv. 40 conversation, he actually said something pretty damn relevant to my situation. "Take a good look at yourself. If you go in blind at a critical moment...you will fall."

Something close to that, anyway. But I think I needed to see that. xP

Edited by Anacybele

The standard lower-investment (only "lower", because CC is usually required, so you have to either promote your Takumi or kill a 5* pull) counter to flier balls it to run a CC-Vantage archer. Boosted enough (such as being supported by the previously suggested multi-M!Corrin cheerleader squad) super tanks can also typically survive baiting them.

41 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

The standard lower-investment (only "lower", because CC is usually required, so you have to either promote your Takumi or kill a 5* pull) counter to flier balls it to run a CC-Vantage archer. Boosted enough (such as being supported by the previously suggested multi-M!Corrin cheerleader squad) super tanks can also typically survive baiting them.

I inherited CC onto Halloween Jakob. He's a tanky armor. Maybe he could pull that off?

55 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Should probably be okay in general, though flier balls commonly run Est, so you'll need to find a way to play around that.

Est's prf doesn't have armor effectiveness though, I don't think, since all the Whitewing prfs have the same effect. At least I think?

52 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Est's prf doesn't have armor effectiveness though, I don't think, since all the Whitewing prfs have the same effect. At least I think?

It does have armor effectiveness. In fact, all of the Whitewings’ personal weapons have the base effect of their original weapons.

The effect refinement is the same, though.

1 minute ago, LordFrigid said:

It does have armor effectiveness. In fact, all of the Whitewings’ personal weapons have the base effect of their original weapons.

The effect refinement is the same, though.

Oh. Weird. I thought they'd all get basically the same weapon, just a different color.

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Oh. Weird. I thought they'd all get basically the same weapon, just a different color.

That wouldn't make very much sense, as that would give Est and Catria the same exact weapon.

33 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

That wouldn't make very much sense, as that would give Est and Catria the same exact weapon.

So? Both Raven and Linus share the same prf (Basilikos). And they have nothing to do with each other as characters, I think.

Edited by Anacybele