Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

17 hours ago, Hilda said:

not seeing the problem there. Just park legendary Ike in the middle of it and all the horsies will autodie to his Radiant Aether

I faced the exact same map but it had Veronica Reinhard Brave Lyn Prisicilla Sothis and that other bow girl. Didnt go well for that defense map. My Dancing Dagger Olivia basicly killed half of the enemys on this map while Eir took care of the other ones. I am not saying its not an effectiv defene, but prepared people will blow it up, but its a really mean/cheap setup. Prolly will get nerfed by IS anyway.

Yeah I am not expecting to get a lot of wins, already have ran into a couple super tanks that just soak everything. The idea is to get kills due to not being able to hide. Goal is at least 1 kill per map. And that it has been doing really well at so far this week.

I am curious on your Ike build. The builds I ran in the simulator tend to give Claude the Victory as long as Cunning is active. Which is why my team is just saturated with Chills/Sabotages/Dagger Effect/Yune Chaos/Smokes/Rallies. Plus Quad Luna Sacae Brave Lyn just slaughters him unless he runs Null-C :D.

Edit- at work it occurred that I had forgotten he was a bonus unit. Also forgot that a lot of folks run double Eir. That would probably flip the Claude engagement.
Edit 2- Looks like if I change up his seal to ATK/SPD +2 he might still be able to take the win, though that is far too close to comfort.But then who gets Chill ATK? I suppose I could swap it to Brave Lyn. But this discussion indicates I kinda need to give her a speed seal. Looks like Ike can actually avoid her quad if he is highly merged or is +SPD or is carrying darting stance.

Edited by Usana

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a bit conceited with Kronya. She worked so awesome last week and this feels like some teams made adjustment there. Or I just meet the wrong teams. Also need to at least check if there is a unit with Hardy Bearing around. Also I guess it does not hurt to bring one Possessed Takumi with Skadi along. 

But overall she still rocks, I just have to get used to be not totally brainless with her and using her like good ol Surtr. 

43 minutes ago, Stroud said:

I got a bit conceited with Kronya. She worked so awesome last week and this feels like some teams made adjustment there. Or I just meet the wrong teams. Also need to at least check if there is a unit with Hardy Bearing around. Also I guess it does not hurt to bring one Possessed Takumi with Skadi along. 

But overall she still rocks, I just have to get used to be not totally brainless with her and using her like good ol Surtr. 

Now that my Dark Def Team is set i am thinking of building Kronya for My Astra Def Team. She can synergize well with Duma and Eir doesnt run much during Astra season + there is a 2/3 chance you destroy the opponents healing Tower with Duma and the catapult (more like 1/2 because the healing tower is usually placed in the 4 midsquares).

But i need to see first what the 2. Astra defense mythic does. If its another colorless i need to think about it.

Well. . . . The successes are rolling in after some changes to push my Attack stats even higher after Hilda's talk of Vanguard Ike. Sadly this means I have completely neglected Sue. She has a whole terrifying 36 attack now since I dumped the ATK boosting seal she had elsewhere to try and insure kills from my main killers. Have noticed two weaknesses though, three if you count Sue being there at all.

1 - I knew Lyn had a weakness against special blockers since she relies so heavily on Quad Luna, but turns out Steady Stance 4 shuts down Claude too. I was really hoping he would be able to punch through. Going to have to come up with a method of breaking those who block specials from going off. Or put both Brave Lyn and Claude on the same side. Swap her and Louise. But then Louise and Sue are going to be the clear side to bait. And putting Lyn and Claude on the same side may not matter. The foe could still do what they did here. Leave a sacrificial unit in Claude's range and then they won't double team the tank even if they could bring it down together since Claude will take the easy target. The most recent defense had a Fjorm that could wall either, but not both in one turn. But of course I have them split up, so she didn't have to as long as she wasn't shoved too far forward. Still won though since Fjorm and Legendary Azura could not beat down Yune and Sue. 2 blues vs 2 greens. Great match up, yes?

2 - I really need to read up on Reciprocal Aid AI use. Apparently it is better to quad for 0 damage on a steady stance 4 user, fully charging their special, then it is to heal poor Claude who has been hammered down to 18 HP. That would have changed the play a bit. Not a lot, but Claude would eat up two unit turns to drop, instead of one. And that can be rather significant.

Since I got a success early today, I am protected until the end of the season. Which means that I am ending this season in Tier 25. Yay!

Next season will have new bonus units. For my bonus ally, I will between Male Byleth, Fjorm and Claude. I may use Claude, since I really like his playstyle.

Next Season will also be Water/Fire, so... Azuras everywhere!

Played sloppily this week, which means I'm dropping out of top 3,000 for the first time (currently 2,856 and dropping about 200 places each hour). Lost a match due to choosing the wrong team and lost 2 other matches due to having the wrong skills equipped.

It's dumb that the game lets you lock your defense team, but not your offense teams (or even your Arena defense team for that matter).

Sigh.

What will likely be my last Defensive match for the week was a Kronya user who got absolutely destroyed. He won but I lost no lift because his whole team was massacred besides his Super Saiyan Lucina~

Not my best week but it's Light Season so I don't care LEL~ Could still get Top 10K~

Relatively chill week, -100 on D total, -60 on O due to a few brain farts

T27 acquired yet again, love Light week due to how tanky it makes Winter Cecilia and Surtr.
It's a lot more fun when you don't have to worry about calculating damage against most opponents.

-33 Defense in Total. Yep that Yune&Sothis Defense Team with Seliph Kagero BrideFjorm and Brave Ike is comeing in handy. Supertanking is kinda iffy due to Kageros Null-Follow up Sturdy Impact setup and Seliph just has Miracle from the get go lol

@mampfoidDid you actually manage to beat my Map without any lost unit?

22 minutes ago, Hilda said:

-33 Defense in Total. Yep that Yune&Sothis Defense Team with Seliph Kagero BrideFjorm and Brave Ike is comeing in handy. Supertanking is kinda iffy due to Kageros Null-Follow up Sturdy Impact setup and Seliph just has Miracle from the get go lol

@mampfoidDid you actually manage to beat my Map without any lost unit?

Nice, I always get the full -240.

Didn't try again, so no. 

I was able to upgrade my fortress D to lv. 4 awhile back, but my defensive team hasn't been doing all that much better since. A little, maybe, but I guess lv. 5 is still really needed.

Astra week still sucks for me though, ended up using all three ladders today. -_- Still wish we could have more or at least a sixth offensive team member. But it is what it is. I'm just glad I can maintain tier 20 for now. I don't want to try for tier 21 until I've got more mythic heroes to use and until I get at least one Anima hero already. Really gotta try for Duma when he returns.

Edited by Anacybele

Weird question, perhaps: when you have the Tactics Room up, what tile do you like to put it on? I tend to go second-from-left in the hopes that it can cut an enemy team in half, but it does feel like it backfires occasionally.

29 minutes ago, Parrhesia said:

Weird question, perhaps: when you have the Tactics Room up, what tile do you like to put it on? I tend to go second-from-left in the hopes that it can cut an enemy team in half, but it does feel like it backfires occasionally.

I assume for this is for offense. I usually put it in the middle two rows, with a preference towards the right one. The idea is the same as yours, hoping to divide the enemy in half.

7 hours ago, Parrhesia said:

Third from the left~ I only use 3 Offensive Structures and I always change out that spot for the Bonus Structure~ And it's only because I need the other back slots open for Smiting on specific maps~

Finally got my Keaton up and running. I was trying to pick between Nailah and Hector for the DC source. Ended up deciding that someone else will probably want Null C Disrupt more in the future and Keaton is likely to just run DC/Vantage most of the time. Hector is a painful sacrifice, but my non-light weeks just keep hammering me badly. I really need a good feisty beast to give me a hand there since my tanks just don't seem to cut it without mythic boosts.

Of course if I could just get more teams like this

Spoiler

DitwECw.png

Then Seth could just take all of the Legion [of Doom] all by himself.

Also found an interesting Lilina in my defense listings. She actually came close to surviving the first two hits. Veronica had too much HP to lock down with their tactics room and did 11 damage to Lilina. Myrrh then walked up and hit for 31 damage. I would have been cursing up a fit if that had been my Lilina. I HATE getting hit for exact damage. That said I have no idea what this person was thinking. Were they just willing to lose a unit or two? Cause I can't see any way Lilina would survive. She was going to get hit by at least Veronica, Myrrh, Jakob, and Amelia. Speaking of Amelia. 4 cooldown. Does that mean I unlocked at some point and Aether'ed her again? She should be running Bonfire to threaten with a big counter right off.

Spoiler

T7TQPod.png

Heya everyone, would people mind taking a look at my newly made Aether Raids defence team? It's not entirely done because I still am unsure about a few skills that I could pass down. Mainly, should I invest in giving Kagero Rally up Res/Atk+ (i have Lugh and Ophelia ), and if I do that, who would benefit most from Harsh Command+, I am leaning towards Seliph. 

Merges will come for Seliph and Kagero, I just need to farm the feathers. Ishtar and HF Micaiah will probably stay at these levels, Azura will be +10 someday, and Krony is waiting for the update in 2 months. 

Also, Kagero, debating Chill Atk and guard. And the same thing with Ishtar, Guard or Chill Res? I have a leftover Spring Catria so...

One last thing, You'll notice the pulses are off atm, Micaiah needs IP as well, however, my newly pulled S!Xander is not yet stripped of his feathers. So that has to wait a little bit. Still, please let me know what you think!

Friendcode is: 0421969108

Everyone is welcome to add me btw, as we're able to learn more together! =D

Edited by Vicious Sal

1 hour ago, Vicious Sal said:

Heya everyone, would people mind taking a look at my newly made Aether Raids defence team? It's not entirely done because I still am unsure about a few skills that I could pass down. Mainly, should I invest in giving Kagero Rally up Res/Atk+ (i have Lugh and Ophelia ), and if I do that, who would benefit most from Harsh Command+, I am leaning towards Seliph. 

Merges will come for Seliph and Kagero, I just need to farm the feathers. Ishtar and HF Micaiah will probably stay at these levels, Azura will be +10 someday, and Krony is waiting for the update in 2 months. 

Also, Kagero, debating Chill Atk and guard. And the same thing with Ishtar, Guard or Chill Res? I have a leftover Spring Catria so...

One last thing, You'll notice the pulses are off atm, Micaiah needs IP as well, however, my newly pulled S!Xander is not yet stripped of his feathers. So that has to wait a little bit. Still, please let me know what you think!

Friendcode is: 0421969108

Everyone is welcome to add me btw, as we're able to learn more together! =D

The first thing I noticed was reprisal on Seliph. Is there a reason to go for that over Vengeance? With QR on his seal, he will hit with vengeance on his last hit if he is initiated on. If he attacks, he will likely be doubled and brought down to vengeance, so the next person who tries to attack him will get smacked with a vengeance. With reprisal, you miss out on that extra 20% and you never even activate reprisal any earlier than vengeance.

Guard is probably going to be useless on Kagero, so I would stick with chill atk. As far as Ishtar goes, I feel like guard would be far more useful. Running into guard is my worst nightmare since I galeforce almost every map these days, so it's a good way to mess with that strategy. Only problem is that Micaiah will be pretty easy to attack and galeforce on as well, so the guard might not even matter. Perhaps move the gravity trap below Micaiah so they have no chance of smiting onto it and have to attack Ishtar to have any hope of galeforcing.

You can decide on this one. In my opinion, the healing tower does far more harm than good on Seliph defenses. If someone leaves your Seliph at 1 hp, the healing tower isn't going to heal back over 50%, so it's more likely to lose him damage on a potential vengeance hit later on if his QR was somehow negated thanks to sturdy impact/Byleth/whatever. If people (correctly) use the bolt tower, they will attack the turn it activates, so the healing tower won't get a chance to heal anyway. Maybe once it can be upgraded to level 5 and heals 30 hp, then it will be useful. For now, I would drop it for the bright shrine or move it away from Seliph.

The last thing is the lightning trap. To be honest, I LOVE it there, but only because I am the challenger. That lightning trap is an immediate wings of mercy activator for my desperation galeforcer. It's easy to activate and none of my other units need to be hit by it. It does next to nothing for your defense. The way I handled it in my defense was by putting it in the back of my team. Just in case someone can kill Duma with their galeforcer, which is rather easy, they can't go and attack again because that lightning trap would stop them. I'm sure someone can figure out how to use it to their advantage, but it has yet to happen and would be rather difficult anyway. This way I can still feign that the one in front could be real. I can't give you a good place to put it on your defense without rearranging your entire team, so I would probably just remove it, but it gives the challenger one less thing to worry about unless they think you're baiting them by only putting the real one or something. Since it would ruin your Seliph, I would automatically assume it's the fake one or it's not upgraded much.

I lost a lot of lift because it's still next to impossible to get defense wins and because I could never pull Duma. AR shouldn't be so punishing to players who just weren't lucky enough to get the right mythic hero for the season. I hope AR changes come that add ladders, add a sixth unit to offensive teams, and lower lift losses a bit, but probably none of this will happen. AR was never a good mode to begin with, but...yeah.

I will keep tier 20 though. It's not too difficult to maintain a tier, at least not anymore for me.

Edited by Anacybele

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I lost a lot of lift because it's still next to impossible to get defense wins and because I could never pull Duma. AR shouldn't be so punishing to players who just weren't lucky enough to get the right mythic hero for the season. I hope AR changes come that add ladders, add a sixth unit to offensive teams, and lower lift losses a bit, but probably none of this will happen. AR was never a good mode to begin with, but...yeah.

I will keep tier 20 though. It's not too difficult to maintain a tier, at least not anymore for me.

Tier 20 to 21 is the longest and hardest climb, all you need is one good week to break into 21 and you are set for life.  Duma is coming up on this month's legendary banner BTW if you want to try for him.  

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

Tier 20 to 21 is the longest and hardest climb, all you need is one good week to break into 21 and you are set for life.  Duma is coming up on this month's legendary banner BTW if you want to try for him.  

True, yeah. And yeah, I'm aware, and will definitely try for him.

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

a 6. unit will never happen. Defense maps got allready nerfed. 6. units means more dances fielded for offense which makes it a cakewalk. And people that can control the AI navigate allready very fine through Defense setups.
The AI is very predictable

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

a 6. unit will never happen. Defense maps got allready nerfed. 6. units means more dances fielded for offense which makes it a cakewalk. And people that can control the AI navigate allready very fine through Defense setups.
The AI is very predictable

Since when were defense maps nerfed? I still find it extremely difficult to win AR battles.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Since when were defense maps nerfed? I still find it extremely difficult to win AR battles.

The Lava Map got nerfed pretty early and the Spring Breeze map got one wall moved and one wall became breakable. also the castle ruins has now more breakable (instead of unbreakable walls). This was noted in the update descreption like 3 months ago or so, you know those notifications IS throws at you in your face when you visit the castle the first time for the day.